Hatem Ben Arfa

Moderator: Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Hatem Ben Arfa

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 14, 10:54

Last edited by jurgens on 2013 Nov 06, 19:33, edited 4 times in total.
VReznoV
Regular Poster

Re: Hatem Ben Arfa

Postby VReznoV » 2016 Jan 16, 22:32

Glad to see him saved his own career :D
someone should burn Ballon d'Or trophy
Reyrey
New Contributor

Postby Reyrey » 2016 Jan 30, 20:18

I'm not sure, but he may need an upgrade on TW and MENT. Do you have any suggestions?
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Apr 20, 02:29

I've been watching him a lot and he's the same selfish bastard he always was. Damn, he's so damn talented, but every time he gets the ball tries to dribble through five players instead of doing an easy pass that could end in a goal chance. The worst thing of all is that can't be rated in game and it's something really important for him... maybe that's because his passing is so low, 'cause actually his LPA looks much better for me.
I really don''t like the MENT upgrade because of what I just said.
Welbeck19
Valued Contributor

Postby Welbeck19 » 2016 Jul 01, 12:40

Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Jul 31, 22:44

Maybe is just me but he doesn't look anywhere close that value in EP. 86 is the maximum I'll give to him.

Also doesn't look so static to deserve only 65 TW, could be closer to Di María here.
Marimest
Former Lurker

Re Hatem Ben Arfa

Postby Marimest » 2016 Aug 03, 08:53

No way back for Hatem now. Hope he takes as many as the bs down with him.
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2017 Feb 03, 03:46

Fair downgrade but his EP looks even lower than that, around 85-86.

His physical contact looks low too, he sits just below 80 for me. It might not be obvious due to his playstyle but he puts a fair amount of strength in duels.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2018 Mar 21, 15:08

I really hope he can find a team where he can play consistently again. I mean, despite his attitude problems (though I'm really not sure that's what got him in his current situation at PSG), he can bring a lot of good to a lot of teams, and he's probably one of the best dribblers I've ever seen since I started watching football.

Hell, even PSG could use a guy like him in the midfield or in attack. As a rotation player he could help a lot. At his best, this guy knows how to break through a defense.

Emery's done fucked up.
Everyone knew it was impossible. Then came along a fool who didn't know it, and he did it.
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Postby PES Stats Database » 2019 Mar 09, 23:40

Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2019 Apr 11, 00:35

My thoughts on him after the update from today, based on this season.

The thing with Ben Arfa is that he's consistently pulling off these utterly crazy, effortless dribbling runs. However, most of the time he gets nothing out of them. He produces very little goals, assists and chances compared to how much successful dribbling/retention he consistently pulls off, because he fucks up passing, finishing and overall anything that has to do with converting the run into an actual chance.

When he eventually produces a goal, he looks like some world beater, but he clearly isn't, even though his dribbling talent is at the highest tier. He's been looking like it already this season, but it happens so little compared to how much he sets up with his dribbling. In a sense, that's all he does well, and probably all he does at all, because he doesn't consistently defend, doesn't consistently create danger through shooting, isn't reliable during transitional play, not good in buildup, has some good workrate on his day but very questionable stamina, doesn't ever cross even though he can easily create space for himself on the wings, and is mostly useless off the ball. There are countless times where he dribbles a whole defence and for himself, but aside from shooting alone, he's also a bad finisher, not very composed in front of the goal and shows some shitty decision making a lot of the time.

However, his DA is absolutely unquestionable and it's a shame he can't make things happen from it consistently.

He's frustrating, but at the same time an absolute joy to watch.
zadiel66
Former Lurker

Postby zadiel66 » 2019 Apr 12, 22:56

I think we are underestimating him in terms of his speed, acceleration and finishing, I think that he is next to Mbappe one of the players that more than goes out for his acceleration and speed

PS: You can do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9axm0cswmA
Ocrin
Valued Contributor

Postby Ocrin » 2019 Apr 13, 00:08

Quite frankly, these are red arrow games from him. He's insane on his day, but he isn't really consistent with his acceleration and finishing. The only extremely consistent aspect of his is his DA, but speed wise, while he's not slow at all, he's miles behind Mbappé both in terms of ceiling and consistency.

Return to “Non-Affiliated”