Moderators: conker8, Adrien, Ocrin, Helios, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database

Clément Grenier

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 Aug 03, 20:36

Adrien

Re: Clément Grenier

Postby Adrien » 2013 May 26, 20:28

The new Juninho :D he just scored another FK from the same distance as the last week
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2013 May 26, 21:15

anonyme wrote:The new Juninho :D he just scored another FK from the same distance as the last week

and amazing one as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEO_f8V51ik
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2013 Jun 10, 12:58

He had some minutes on NT but nothing special for him as the team was really bad. We still don't know what is future will be, he still hasn't sign a new contract, hope he will stay here, Lyon is building a team only with his youth, all of them have some nice potential, can be good to see them playing in UCL next season.

Last edited by Adrien on 2013 Jul 17, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2013 Jul 17, 10:29

There should have more rumours during the transfert windows to have more vs video. Just saw a new one of him, the best one which show all his qualities.

MrEskola

Postby MrEskola » 2013 Jul 24, 20:23

Great goal against Real tonight.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2013 Jul 24, 21:06

Yeah nice goal, he begin the new season like he finish the last. Can became a great player this season.
midnight

Postby midnight » 2013 Jul 25, 13:10

the vid didn't work for me , but that was fantastic.
Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
I'm gay
Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
See Shiterable? There's nothing to be ashamed of

Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2013 Aug 02, 18:28

I noticed during the all friendlies games that he's going more and more into the box, more dangerous and giving more support than last year. Looks like Juninho now :)
tuco55

Postby tuco55 » 2013 Nov 30, 09:38

PES Stats Database

Postby PES Stats Database » 2014 Feb 25, 17:10

antony

Postby antony » 2017 Jan 27, 16:37

seems he'll join Roma soon, looking the set he is a beast :lol:
i remember him for his FKs.. anyone as any suggestions?
Relja

Postby Relja » 2017 Jan 27, 17:13

The problem with Grenier is that he isn't suitable for Bruno Genesio's fast flowing football, with lot of physicall and fastt players, and Valbuena has the advance as a playmaker. I think he can be very good in Italy with his qualities, but who knows with him. I don't have to say that this set is absolutely overrated
Relja

Postby Relja » 2017 Jan 27, 17:14

Btw, he's now officially at Roma
Houy

Postby Houy » 2018 Aug 10, 18:41

I have wanted to review Grenier for a while, i had glimpses of his set pieces and knowledge of how injury prone he is but not much else, also how world class he looked in this set. I watched Guingamp's games with PSG and Bordeux to get a good look at his presence on the pitch and his technical ability.
In spite of being a little apprehensive at the start i have to say that the set holds up very well and that it's rated perfectly in most areas.

His football mind and prowess as a connective player is class level, he seemed to know how to position himself in the best spot in a variety of situations with great efficiency so as to promote the flow of the game, virtually running little in the process but covering whole areas of the field depending on the occasion. His workrate is great too, he's really unimposing physically despite his stature so he struggles to win physical duels but his perseverance to put pressure on and even track back near the first third of the pitch was really impressive compared to my expectation. Against PSG he even dispossesed Lo Celso straight up at the start of Paris' build up, played the 1-2 with Benezet and assisted Briand a couple of seconds later. I think TW 88, Def 52, Resp 75, BB 75 is a very accurate representation of this aspects of his game, without over- or understating anything.

He is not a player who actively attempts to dribble past opponents based on all the material i've seen from this season, I rarely show him move much on the ball in general. His control is class though and he relies mainly on footwork. Agi 83 looks very unnecessary to me, he's not unagile per se, he's perfectly fluid but doesn't try make use of his skill. 76 would be enough. 83 is a bit much even for his prime i think, in the vs vids of his time in Lyon he looked 80ish at best.

His set pieces stand out as his other best ability, free kicks and crosses as can be seen if you look through his goals and assists throughout his career. His deliveries aren't world class in terms of accuracy but very consistently dangerous. Current numbers look really good, he could have an exta point in LPA though.

Also Grenier is a phenomenal 1-touch player, i mentioned him being a great connective player earlier but it's his incredible efficiency in receiving and dispatching the ball, frequently to an unexpected option, that makes him so so good. Both ground passes and lofted ones with hardly a second's thought. His touches and traps are incredible btw, we're talking PERFECT connections ( so good i have to write it in the hated caps ) all the time. I would like to have seen him in more difficult situations to gauze his ability as best i could but still i'd suggest a raise to 91 without a doubt.

Finally and my only real disagreement with the set, that is kind of important because it kinda breaks it, is his short passing. Why is he so high ? He's a quality passer as you'd expect from a technical prodigy but i haven't seen examples of this range neither in accuracy or distance/power. I think he's great at snappy passes in his one touch plays and perfectly capable of basic displays of vertical passing. As far as i know he doesn't have exemplary vision like 88 suggests, for passing in general. In fact that includes his long passes that are so great from set pieces. Passing to eliminate ground and opposition from regular play isn't nearly that front and center in his game. In the Lyon vs vids i show he tried more attempts of it than he does currently, a more aggressive approach overall, but it's just his range and power that looked closer to his current SPS. He seemed prone to weighing them badly though, SPA just didn't look this good . I rated him at SPA 83 SPS 77 .

I think he's a great AM/CM hybrid for this level, has everything you'd want in this type of player, would be great in a 4-3-3. I think he's become more conservative and substantial with the progress of time, maybe even somewhat reserved. Still i think he's meant for far better things that mid-table french teams. Italy would indeed be a great fit for his style, even if it's a worse team than Roma so as to ease him into that environment. Although, staying injury free would be the biggest help i suppose.

Recommended changes:

Spoiler: show
Agi 83->76
DS 75->72 ( optional, i'd support it though )
SPA 88->83
SPS 82->77
LPA 85->86
Tech 89->91
Agg 78->77

Att.Prowess: 80
Def. Prowess: 63
BW: 52

Return to “Stade Rennais FC”