Club: AS Monaco

Growth type: Standard/Lasting

-2009-2010

Nickname: "El Doctor" | "Tití" | "El Mimo"

Club: FC Barcelona

Growth type: Standard/Lasting

Spoiler: show
Attack in general.

Henry really wasn't your typical striker. His positiong around the box was really nothing that special compared to some of the great strikers around at the time trez/rvn/ronaldo/makaay etc. However there was one aspect of a strikers game that Henry really had down to a tee. He was a master of slipping in past the last two defenders and beating the offside trap. This was in fact how the vast majority of henrys goals were created. He would time his run past the defense perfectly, and be on the ball inside the box and finish with pinpoint accuracy. Due to his style play I don't believe in the traditional sense of attack he needs a high value, but after a conversation with Albo I've decided to keep him on his original value of 90. The addition of lines and goal poacher is really needed to emulate his playstyle.

Resp: Henry really wasn't a poacher type of CF. But he was pretty fast to get on the end of passes and pounce on the odd ball. 87 was obviously too much, but hes not the type of player that should be low either. A mid value of 84 will best replicate his style to time his runs and be pretty sharp in getting on the end of things, but by no means world class. I'm leaning between 83/84 for this. I'd like to hear some opinions on this.

TS/ACC/DS. Well, right now you have henry with an insane acc 96? I don't think so, maybe in his juve days henry could have had this number, but for his days in arsenal he defintly wasn't so quick to reach his top speed. He took a decent amount of time, but his real strength was in the long run. And right now you have his DS so high, henry was always much quicker off the ball that he was on it. He defintly didn't keep the same sort of speed on the ball that Messi or Robben does. He slowed down considerably, but was still pretty damn fast. Consider Walcott has 97 TS and 89 DS and C.Ronaldo 95 91 a similar ration is needed for Henry. I've assigned him 96 TS with 91 DS for the time being... i'm leaning towards a lower value but 91 is fine for now. TS could possible up or down one point depending on your perspective and ACC up one. I'll leave this up for discussion. But its for sure that his real strength t lies in distance, not in the first few yards. As for his TS, as I've said his strenght is in the long run, and henry in his prime was actually the fastest recorded player of all time. Faster than Ronaldo, faster than Walcott. Back then he was probably a 97/98. In his first few years Arsenal he was still pretty much that quick, but perhaps a little less ACC and maybe a point less TS wise.

Shooting: I've always considered Henry an excellent placer, but it wasn't until a few months ago when I started watching vids from his earlier arsenal days while trying to watch Viera in his prime, did I notice how insanely accurate he was. Damn... he was so accurate. Most of his shots were really excellent efforts, and his goals? Incredibly accurate.

I spent a few hours the other day watching a 7 part series on Henrys goals at arsenal (found a 14 mins soon after I was done :() to get a better view on his all round placement and decide if the value if 94 I had given him was being over zealous. After I finished, I was 100% sure on the number, and even leaning towards 95. This man is absolutly pin point accurate with his finishing. Hits the corners 90% of the time, literally. You can see from this that it's no lie. I've always had him on a 93 myself, but after watching some old match vids from 2001-2003 I've decided anything under 94 ain't just for this man. Honestly a 95 isn't under-rating him. Rudd is on a 96 and teh differnce between them isn't such a huge gap as two red values would indicate. Probably because of Henrys speed and technique, passing, dribbling people overlooked how great a finisher he was. But with those aspects of his game aside, he was one of the most accurate finishers of all time.

As for his ST... yeah this is just over done. It's over done because he scored two of the best ST goals ever, but on a week to week basis... he just wasn't that good. I mean he was great, could score under pressure, first time volleys, he had great finnesse in his shots, but is a 96 needed for that? No. Ronaldo is only on a 93. And Ronaldo is actually better than him in ST. And henry just didn't have the vareity in his ST to be sitting so high, high as the greatest of all time ST wise. A 94 value is being more than fair, he really does not need anything more. SP 84... try it in game, with these speed stats and ST, you can hit the ball insanely hard, harder than henry. A huge ST means you make the most out of your SP. Henrys SP wasn't particulary impressive, he was much more about finesse rather than power, and always opted for precision rather than power.

Teamwork: Passer+passing stats+ teamwork = makes henry pass when the real henry would go by himself and score. I know the real henry was a great teamwork player etc etc. But with a value so high in game it's just taking away from his realism. For now I'm working with an 82 but I really think we could go lower. I'm debating whether or not he needs passer for his arsenal days... a great passer, but not as creative as the likes of berba and ibra, more of a cut back passer back then. And with his teamwork spa 81 and cutback pass perhaps that would be enough to emulate his style, and allow his striking style to be more prominent in game.

head/jump. He could jump freaking high, but he didn't do it that reguarly also with the increase value of header (which is deserved) I'd like to have him on an 82. As for header, his heading wasn't that bad... it wasnt great by any means, but he was defintly compotenet and more than capable of putting chances away when he got them.

WFF: Raise this up by 1 point as he had a good left foot and wasnt so shy to use it when he needed to.

Thinking of whether to remove mazing run and replace it with darting run, thoughts on that?

-2011-2014

Nickname: "El Doctor" | "Tití" | "El Mimo"

Club: New York RedBulls

VIDEOS:

Spoiler: show
Thierry Henry Legend All Arsenal Goals Part 1
Thierry Henry Legend All Arsenal Goals Part 2
Thierry Henry Legend All Arsenal Goals Part 3
Thierry Henry Legend All Arsenal Goals Part 4
Thierry Henry Legend All Arsenal Goals Part 5
Thierry Henry Legend All Arsenal Goals Part 6
Thierry Henry Legend All Arsenal Goals Part 7

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Dec 16, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added 2011-14 set.
POSTER#1
PSD Youth League

Re: Thierry HENRY | 2003/2005

Postby POSTER#1 » 2008 Dec 12, 22:33

NOTICE: The original thread was filled with two pages of solid and intense discussion for or against values. There are no on-going problems with the current stats, last post October 11th.

Essentially, I have copied the two pages of discussion and saved them, if anyone would like them I could post them into this post for people to read through. Simply it is more text then I have included in any other re-posted thread, so I am wary of placing it without a demand for previous ideas/views.
Sekularac
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Sekularac » 2009 Apr 09, 10:26

POSTER#1 wrote:NOTICE: The original thread was filled with two pages of solid and intense discussion for or against values. There are no on-going problems with the current stats, last post October 11th.

Essentially, I have copied the two pages of discussion and saved them, if anyone would like them I could post them into this post for people to read through. Simply it is more text then I have included in any other re-posted thread, so I am wary of placing it without a demand for previous ideas/views.

I have some problems controling Henry with these stats( when turning in opposite direction he forgets the ball...).Can you post that disscusion here, please :)
-VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT-
sencesor
Valued Contributor

Postby sencesor » 2009 Sep 05, 20:42

DeFrenZ wrote:TS 98
ACC 94

imo

Sekularac wrote:
POSTER#1 wrote:NOTICE: The original thread was filled with two pages of solid and intense discussion for or against values. There are no on-going problems with the current stats, last post October 11th.

I have some problems controling Henry with these stats( when turning in opposite direction he forgets the ball...).Can you post that disscusion here, please :)

Also having that problem when he sometimes gets out of control and forgets the ball.. :lol: would be happy to read some thoughts about him. :)
"Buy the ticket - take the ride" - Dr. Raoul Duke - Pure Gonzo journalism.
Brezza
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Thierry HENRY | 2003-2005 & 1997/1998

Postby Brezza » 2009 Sep 06, 22:04

Added 97/98 set/discussion

p1rha wrote:Too fast mainly with the ball, hadn't reached his peak yet in terms of speed, technique was amazing already. U can add *CF , as he played against Portugal as a CF i think and maybe *reaction and *1-1 score (not shure at all about the 2nd one).

I suggest:

Response: 83
Top speed: 93
Accelaration: 95
Agility: 85
Dribble speed: 94
Technique: 90
Teamwork: 75

Apart from that, very nice stats ;)

Not sure about lowering speed stats. But I think Attack could be lowered for 03/05. This makes him too much of a poacher. Most of the goals he scores are created by himself. Dribbling or running away from defender etc. im not sure that his positonal sense with actually greater than today just his speed/dribbling/finishing were better, I wouldnt rate him this much over the likes of Torres Villa or Eto'o.
sencesor
Valued Contributor

Re: Thierry HENRY | 1997-1998 & 2003-2005

Postby sencesor » 2009 Sep 07, 14:55

Not completely sure bout ACC 99, considering he's 1.88 height. Regardless of his "out of control" moves :D , I find his long legs runs bit cartoony at times..

Agree that ATT is overrated (93) probably more like 90.

DF is overrated as-well - 54 is extremely high for a CF - no way higher than "Mourinho's" Drogba whom sits at 49 imo.
"Buy the ticket - take the ride" - Dr. Raoul Duke - Pure Gonzo journalism.
Plava Čigra
Valued Contributor

Postby Plava Čigra » 2009 Sep 17, 03:14

Henry's peak Era should be 2003/2006 (not 2003/2005). We all remember what happened on Santiago Bernabeu in February 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuCL2wvj ... re=related (what a fantastic goal that was and still is ;) ).
bssm
Regular Poster

Postby bssm » 2009 Dec 02, 01:04

Couldn't his technique be even higher at his peak he wasn't any worse then ibra.
Jez

Postby Jez » 2009 Dec 02, 01:56

bssm wrote:Couldn't his technique be even higher at his peak he wasn't any worse then ibra.

Yet no better than Berbatov. Imo anyway..
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Dec 02, 16:24

It's debatable certainly, I've never seen Berbatov go up as high to control a ball as gracefully as Henry, and Henry often could still control the ball when running at a very high velocity.
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Tom

Postby Tom » 2009 Dec 02, 17:34

I'm going to make some suggestions for the 2003-2005 version of Henry.

Is there a particular reason why Henry only has a 77 for Mentality in his 2003-2005 era? That was the area in which he particularly proved that he was a determined player, hence why he has such high Defence value (although it could go down to a 50). He was kind of like Robbie Keane in this kind of area, although not as good. Surely it'd be logical to give him an 81-82 for Mentality?

I'd also say that it's entirely feasible to give Henry a higher DS for his 2003-2005 era version. Yes, it's already incredibly high but you'll be hard pushed to find many more players faster than Titi when in possession of the ball at that point. He was ridiculously fast when running on the ball.

His Curling needs decreasing, a -3 reduction should do it. And I'd also lower his FKA by 1-2 points.

His short passing absolutely must come down. Whilst he accumulated a phenomenal amount of assists in that era, he didn't show a calibre of passing in the low 80's range. His assists came through superb understanding of his team-mates and yes, solid short passing. His SPA and SPS can be in the upper 70's, and I'd put his LPA at a 74-75 and his LPS at a 75-76.

There's also a good arguement to raise his Agility slightly higher, he was as nimble, if not moreso, than the current Fernando Torres.
krzygut
PSD Youth League

Postby krzygut » 2009 Dec 03, 00:51

I totally agree with lowering FKA and Curling, but I dont sure about mentality at 82 he wasnt naver a hard worker type of a player - lets say 79-80

and what DS you suggest?

by the way, why he hasnt []Speed Merchant card?
bssm
Regular Poster

Postby bssm » 2009 Dec 03, 11:27

The top speed is too high,especially if we raise DS. If DS is raised by one to 97 he is only one point slower then barcelona era ronaldo who is much faster with the ball.

Henry

TS 95
ACC 98
DS 97

Ronaldo

TS 95
ACC 98
DS 98

He even himself has admitted Clichy and Walcott are probably faster or would at least give him a run for his money in speed yet look at the differences.

Clichy

TS 93
ACC 90

Walcott
TS 92
ACC 95

Henry

TS 95
ACC 98

Those who watch SPL a lot was he as fast as Carl Finnigan who has the exact same TS and ACC?.

Personally i would go with lowering his TS to 93 at max 94, also i think there needs to be a difference between him and Barcelona era Ronaldo's accleration i would rate him higher then Ronaldo. I am not sure whether Ronaldo should be lowered to 97 or Henry should be raised to 99, really has anyone ever been better at this?.

For comparision is his acceleration better then Lennon, Finnigan and Scanell who all sit on 98
Tom

Postby Tom » 2009 Dec 03, 14:19

krzygut wrote:about mentality at 82 he wasnt naver a hard worker type of a player - lets say 79-80?

Totally disagree there. He was a fully committed player for us at his peak. He'd always track back deep into his own half and he had a real hunger to win the ball back. Take that wonderful goal he scored against Tottenham, did you ever wonder why he was in his own six yard box in the first place? :D
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2009 Dec 03, 15:49

Updated slightly with Gooner's suggestions , I'm unsure about dribble speed, what figure where you thinking off tom? Would you say he was on par with Barca's Ronaldo . Also where do you stand with his speed stats, do you think they are rated correctly?

Also I just realized that You can't assign Mazing Run and Speed merchant to a *CF Although im really down with the idea about giving players both really.
bssm
Regular Poster

Postby bssm » 2009 Dec 03, 16:04

Shouldn't he have roulette
Plava Čigra
Valued Contributor

Postby Plava Čigra » 2009 Dec 03, 16:32

Brezza wrote:Also I just realized that You can't assign Mazing Run and Speed merchant to a *CF Although im really down with the idea about giving players both really.

I think you should give them to Henry. He has SS and WF as secondary positions, so when used at those positions, people can activate those cards. ;)
krzygut
PSD Youth League

Postby krzygut » 2009 Dec 03, 21:31

I think he was better then barcas Ronaldo at DS but Ronaldo was way better at DA and that make him so special

oh and if you lowered his pass ability you shound raise his TW because like gooner said his understanding with teammates was superb in that era
Tom

Postby Tom » 2009 Dec 06, 14:54

This video should, without a doubt, go in the first post
Jez

Postby Jez » 2009 Dec 07, 23:51

3rd eye is fucking brilliant :lol:
"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com