Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Filipe Luis

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 21:13

Full Name: Filipe Luís Kasmirski

VIDEOS:

Spoiler: show

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 May 02, 04:09, edited 7 times in total.
toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Re: Filipe Luis

Postby toaad » 2016 Apr 14, 03:57

Always think that he is very aggressive with a good time on ball at anticipations. Bigger response wouldn't be something so crazy. About defense, a bigger number is something I totally disagree, the atleti game system camouflages very much his defensive errors.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 Apr 14, 12:57

I agree with higher RES, not that much about higher DEF, he's irregular as hell, one day he looks like a pretty solid tackler and the next one looks retarded. He's pretty similar to Alves; a good tackler with great response who always goes forward trying to recover the ball, but commits lots of fouls because his timing isn't the best.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2016 May 01, 13:51

Well, he kinda proved me wrong. In the last matches he looked pretty solid defensively, actually the best tackler among sidebacks in the whole league.
Now, what values do I suggest? Something like yellow RES would do the job, that would make him more aggressive and batter at anticipations. And maybe higher DEF, but not to 70's as Relja suggested, more like 65-67, that's it. I think higher values would overrate him. His main strength while tackling is his RES, not his DEF.
STA could go up a couple of points too.
Korinov
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Korinov » 2016 May 01, 13:58

I think a RES upgrade was discussed here like three years ago, he's deserved close to yellows (if not a plain yellow value) for years but we didn't update it in due time and then he left for Chelsea and stuff happened.

DEF could be slightly higher as well but nothing crazy, the Tackling skill is deserved though.

I'd also bring his LPA to where it stood before going to the Prem, it's not like he got any worse than what he was.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2017 Jun 09, 18:27

I'd like to bring this up again. These changes pourposed were from last year, but some of them are still applicable. STA doesn't warrant such a high value nowadays maybe, but he's still up there. Something like 88-89 would be more suitable atm.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

Webad
New Contributor

Postby Webad » 2017 Jul 12, 14:40

He was last season one of the best left back in the world, he is very good at defence so 65 is just so low for him. He needs also better balance and response.
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2017 Jul 12, 15:50

Yep. Updated, I had forgotten.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2019 Sep 25, 03:15

I think it is necessary to drastically decrease some physical stats. Even in his last season in Europe he had already shown a big drop in intensity. He is still a word-class SB, technical and very well in defense but I see ts/acc/sta (mainly)/ds far below current values. His LPA looks a bit high also.
Elivelton
New Stat Maker

Postby Elivelton » 2019 Sep 25, 03:52

I had a talk with fixer looking for the last view that he had on F. Luis before moving to Brazil to complement what i had in mind for him.

His contribution to the attack has declined, thanks to his less agressive behaviour in the field, in flamengo he is a good player to keep the flow of the game, creating danger by making great passes but not by making overlapping runs, he barely gets close to the final line.
Defensively he is being impressive, shutting down the left side, cant really ask anything more from him defensively, with well timed antecipations, tackling and covering the left side.
Stamina wise he isnt running that much but i still give him the benefit of doubt here, with willian arão being locked as DM, filipe luis still one of the most lively players in the field covering a bunch of space.
It has become clear in American Cup that he is slower than Alex Sandro, looking at his speed at flamengo i think he still "solid", capable of even reaching 80s sometimes but thats rare, id keep him at 70s for speed stats, agility and DS, as he still capable of displaying some good turns, and able to run in a decent way (also considering his lower speed) but nothing crazy, rafinha has been much better than him, he is way more conservative in speed aspects of his game.
On the other hand his Short Passing has been really good, powerfull accurate lazer passes in the final third to create chances for the team.
Crossing wise i still believe in the quality he has, if i have anything to say its that his LPS could be lower but im not sure how much, but i still think its on 80s, he still has quality here, and he still has his technical qualities generally just not being used agressively as he used to.
Less agressive moving foward, rarely making overlapping runs but moving often at 3/4 field instead of the final line, not sure how much agression that means, but i made my "educated guess" as he isnt that defensive to be compared to defensive Fullbacks and he isnt that Offensive to be on par with the offensive ones, he is like a Midfielder playing as LB.

Attack: 74
Defence: 75
Stamina: 84
Top Speed: 79
Acceleration: 78
Agility: 78
Dribble Speed: 79
Short Pass Accuracy: 80
Short Pass Speed: 82
Aggression: 80

Update: dribbling star can be removed, he is being very conservative with his dribbling.
toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2019 Oct 21, 01:23

I strongly disagree with an increase in defense and a decrease in attack under these circumstances.

What I mean is: there is no sense in him having more defense than ever playing 3 months in Brazil than he had in his entire period playing in Europe, especially at Atleti Madrid of Simeone. IMO he could have this current or even green value in his classic set, no problem in that case, to have it with the current value. But not assuming it is his peak defensive nowdays.

And I don't see any point in diminishing the attack on whites either. If he played in a European league and was always dangerous, why did he, in a much lower level league, lose so much (that's the point, the intensity of the value reduction) in attack? This detracts from the player's achievements in a much more competitive league, as much as our own league undermines (why is a very dangerous full-back in Brazil automatically white?).

Of course, I totally agree that there has been a change in style by much influence of his physical aspect. Filipe Luis has become less aggressive with-out the ball and to some extent understand this atk balancing and defense but I fully disagree with that solution. His main issue is the physics that determined his style in a much less intense league. Total declining physique, changed playing style, less aggressiveness without ball but yet he is absolutely superior in any touch or play reading from any side of Brazil, America and even the world. Destroy agg or whatever, but not attack. His is one of the smartest players (and transforms this intelligence into a player who is not a classic SB, but a very dangerous side) IMO.

In conclusion (I swear I don't want to sound critical only lol) there is no point in doing that and keeping the converging physical values. It makes no sense for him to be close to yellow in agility, to have TS in yellow or even a number of those in stamina. What I mean, a lot of his game has changed because he has lost a lot of his physique (since last European season) and that naturally influences his style of play but I don't think it's right to leave him as a player under attacking greens (in any touch he makes proves to be VERY dangerous even though it's not ultra offensive, so much so that he's grounded for Flamengo's initial build up) let alone look like he's in his defensive heyday (no problem if he had in his classic set - and I still don't think it would be the pinnacle these days).
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2019 Oct 21, 01:30

If he played in a European league and was always dangerous, why did he, in a much lower level league, lose so much (that's the point, the intensity of the value reduction) in attack?

because hes 34, and declined alot physically, which affects greatly his performance.
toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2019 Oct 21, 01:49

jurgens wrote:because hes 34, and declined alot physically, which affects greatly his performance.

I never disagreed with that, in fact that's what I stated several times in my post ... yet it he is extremely dangerous in any way, even with all these factors.
I didn' t suggest extra points or ever the same number but I am against high discretion like that.

What you said about him is a fact, something logical. My post said nothing questioning this.
Jean_PS
Regular Poster

Postby Jean_PS » 2019 Oct 21, 02:23

toaad wrote:I strongly disagree with an increase in defense and a decrease in attack under these circumstances.

What I mean is: there is no sense in him having more defense than ever playing 3 months in Brazil than he had in his entire period playing in Europe, especially at Atleti Madrid of Simeone. IMO he could have this current or even green value in his classic set, no problem in that case, to have it with the current value. But not assuming it is his peak defensive nowdays.

Sorry, I forgot to spell out what I thought while updating it.
I talked to the Spanish League moderator Fixer who for years has followed and updated Filipe Luís. The values from the previous set had been last updated, in fact, in July 2017. That is over two years ago. I asked for ideas about his defensive and offensive potential before leaving Europe and asked about a defense 73 and he found it worthy. The current value does not refer to its peak in Brazil, but to the peak it reached in Europe before coming here.

toaad wrote:
And I don't see any point in diminishing the attack on whites either. If he played in a European league and was always dangerous, why did he, in a much lower level league, lose so much (that's the point, the intensity of the value reduction) in attack? This detracts from the player's achievements in a much more competitive league, as much as our own league undermines (why is a very dangerous full-back in Brazil automatically white?).

Of course, I totally agree that there has been a change in style by much influence of his physical aspect. Filipe Luis has become less aggressive with-out the ball and to some extent understand this atk balancing and defense but I fully disagree with that solution. His main issue is the physics that determined his style in a much less intense league. Total declining physique, changed playing style, less aggressiveness without ball but yet he is absolutely superior in any touch or play reading from any side of Brazil, America and even the world. Destroy agg or whatever, but not attack. His is one of the smartest players (and transforms this intelligence into a player who is not a classic SB, but a very dangerous side) IMO.

In conclusion (I swear I don't want to sound critical only lol) there is no point in doing that and keeping the converging physical values. It makes no sense for him to be close to yellow in agility, to have TS in yellow or even a number of those in stamina. What I mean, a lot of his game has changed because he has lost a lot of his physique (since last European season) and that naturally influences his style of play but I don't think it's right to leave him as a player under attacking greens (in any touch he makes proves to be VERY dangerous even though it's not ultra offensive, so much so that he's grounded for Flamengo's initial build up) let alone look like he's in his defensive heyday (no problem if he had in his classic set - and I still don't think it would be the pinnacle these days).

I agree with that and thought of values like 74-75 for him. Even these values were also pointed by Fixer.
Considering the increase in defense, I thought more honest for balance, the lower value in attack. But this was a superficial update to just remove what was much more inconsistent, for example: remove 77 on attack, 90 on stamina and some things on speed. The idea was to make a thicker update closer to the actual level and then improve it. I'm not against 75 in attack.
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2019 Oct 21, 16:03

nd I don't see any point in diminishing the attack on whites either. If he played in a European league and was always dangerous, why did he, in a much lower level league, lose so much (that's the point, the intensity of the value reduction) in attack? This detracts from the player's achievements in a much more competitive league, as much as our own league undermines (why is a very dangerous full-back in Brazil automatically white?).

The update that was made was partly based on a conversation with me. Filipe's set had remained untouched for a very long time, and there are some values that had been in need of changes for a bit now. His last spells here were very decent, and he could've well stayed in Spain or even Atlético, but he's no longer the beast he used to be (in fact I wanted sensibly less stamina).

Regarding ATT and DEF, Filipe has for years now been a very good (maybe even underrated in that aspect) defender. That was no different in the last couple of years, but he was still an offensive sideback who offered a lot going up, and his physical decline (more obvious than its shown here IMO) has affected the wholeness of his performances, and while he's still a reliable defender his attacking inensity has gone down. It is not to take away from his achievements, but Filipe has always been a 79 at best for attack. He hasn't shown anything higher than a 76 in a constant basis and I don't think it will be any different. In fact, I may be wrong and I'm not watching him nowadays, but the set still feels a little generous in a couple aspects.

Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2019 Nov 23, 21:43

I watch his speed really lower, specially on the ball. It was clearly noticiable today in the final vs Montiel (who isn't a speed star). I'd rate him at 74 in ds and 76-77 in ts/acc. He has no rythm change, he plays the 100% of the time trotting. Also i'd rate his response at 77-78.
Elivelton
New Stat Maker

Postby Elivelton » 2019 Nov 24, 04:12

Vickingo wrote:I watch his speed really lower, specially on the ball. It was clearly noticiable today in the final vs Montiel (who isn't a speed star). I'd rate him at 74 in ds and 76-77 in ts/acc. He has no rythm change, he plays the 100% of the time trotting. Also i'd rate his response at 77-78.

Youre taking a look at his lowest physical point in the whole season, he was better than this at some point but he "lost" when he got that injury and since then hes having problems keeping a good physical level, at some point his stamina was even good because of his movement and supportive play, i remember that being very reactive and destroying players with reaction is one of his trademarks, id be more careful when changing those kind of things he may got lower but me personally cant suggest anything on that some things are hard to rate, but... his stamina rating could be 2 points lower.
Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2019 Nov 24, 14:36

Well I didn't think in that about and you're right but noticed the same watching him in the Copa, since he made his 1st match. Very conservative at his game, even more than the usual. I wouldn't think that's a stamina issue, he's 34 and he's declining just like Rob said. Aside being still a great great player, it's natural he chooses the gameplays he has to sprint and when he has to slow down more, everyone does it, but I watch in him, the most of the times.
fitzcarraldo
Regular Poster

Postby fitzcarraldo » 2019 Dec 14, 12:26

A documentary about Filipe's life, family and history (there are english and spanish subtitles). For everyone who wants to know a little more on this great player.

Vickingo
PSD Backbone

Postby Vickingo » 2020 Jul 09, 20:42

I loved his cross to Pedro in yesterday's goal vs Flu, it seemed me great, great accuracy and power

Return to “Clube de Regatas do Flamengo”