Suso

Moderators: furymaker, Fixer, Eternal Night, Korinov, Kronosh, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Suso

Postby PES Stats Database » 2012 Oct 29, 17:31

Full Name: Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre

Last edited by PIPA23 on 2014 Jul 22, 01:20, edited 3 times in total.
Epsi
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Suso

Postby Epsi » 2016 Apr 04, 14:16

He's been brilliant until now as Perotti replacement, no one would have bet a dime on him, but he's really putting out great performances.
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2016 Nov 01, 12:01

always stick to the left foot and tries a curved shot "alla Del Piero".
ryoga182
Former Lurker

Postby ryoga182 » 2016 Nov 23, 16:09

need improvement in shot accuracy
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2016 Dec 24, 11:09

He has one of the best crosses i've ever seen, no kidding. His left foot is amazing, his crosses are so nicely swerved and precise. LPA seems so underrated here. He impressed me every time with that.
rioga182
New Contributor

Postby rioga182 » 2016 Dec 24, 12:21

lpa and lps need big improvement he is one of the best crosser in serie a...also DA and acc need a better value he is always intouchable with the ball glued on the feet...and he can croos good with left or right foot so better on weak foot accuracy
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2016 Dec 24, 12:29

he was completely useless defensively and covering on alex sandro, but he did his job quite good offensively.
I still think he has lot of fields to improve but he's definitely one of Milan's most decisive players.
rioga182
New Contributor

Postby rioga182 » 2016 Dec 24, 12:36

Epsi wrote:he was completely useless defensively and covering on alex sandro, but he did his job quite good offensively.
I still think he has lot of fields to improve but he's definitely one of Milan's most decisive players.

I agree with you and he deserve the 44 stat on defence...but when he have ball on his feet Evra was always dribbled and he can put the ball in the box with great precision (instead for example of that wooden feet of Abate)
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Dec 24, 17:31

rioga182 wrote: he can croos good with left or right foot so better on weak foot accuracy
I only really paid him attention in the that cup match vs juve, but did not all his wicked crosses come in when he switched back onto his left? I can't really recall any right foot cross that had that same dangerous/incisive flight - is he really close to being a two-footer? He constantly seemed to want to cut-back and switch to his left for any action.
lucashag
PSD Elite

Postby lucashag » 2016 Dec 24, 19:33

"Imagine being this retarded @lucashag you fucking moron, you're seriously trying to write about football and think lingard is a bad player? you're a fucking disgrace, a fucking animal like very fucking south american moron" Relja's burner
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2016 Dec 24, 20:55

There was a lot more than I cared to pay attention too yesterday :lol:, those 3 are the only ones that seemed to be of good quality, not being overhit or blocked - the frequency of use is there, is the WFA always there?

These with the left are real nice;
https://youtu.be/AxcDJ3ihZHU?t=15s
https://youtu.be/AxcDJ3ihZHU?t=36s
https://youtu.be/AxcDJ3ihZHU?t=2m3s
https://youtu.be/AxcDJ3ihZHU?t=2m35s

Too many static attackers, them crosses are begging for proactive runners attacking the space.
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2017 Jun 13, 12:17

is it just me or his attack should be higher - minimum 78, possibly 80-81?
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Jul 18, 19:58

Where to start with this guy? Hes a real niche player which is possibly unfortunate for his career, unless he has insane luck, his ability will be downplayed and he won't have much time with the NT, but in his role, the guy is top notch at what he does. He plays as an inverted winger and uses his speed/agi/da to cut in and gain space to send an early cross. Thats basically the backbone of his game, dribble, cut in gain space, cross. He truly has an excellent combo of stats for dribbling so you would expect more from him in that regard, but hes not that interested in doing much more than beating someone to gain space and crossing. In many ways its a waste, and makes him quite predictable, but his crossing is so fucking precise it's consistently dangerous, so you can't really fault him for the playstyle. It's very interesting and fun to watch, just like coutinho who you know is gonna cut in and gain space and try shoot, hes gonna cut in and try to cross every time.

Hes a very effecient winger, so many wingers fail in end product, or fail in possesion, and playing them is like a double-edged sword and you have to hope the positive outweights the negative. Perisic is a good example of this, dribbles himself into walls constantly, miss places passes, and throws away easy possesion for no real reason. Suso being spanish seems to have that possesion orientated nature drilled into him, he rarely miss places passes and is very safe on the ball and in possesion in general, he knows what to do to keep possesion going and he doesn't just throw the ball away because he happens to have it on the wing, hes more than happy to kill the play to keep possesion going, rather than flat out wasting it on a stupid attempt that had low chance of sucessding. His control is incredible at all times basically, hes really slick in his movements too and the ball will never really get away from him no matter the situation. On top of that, hes pretty damn reslient, he doesn't go down easy and tends to be able to take pressure very well, this on top of his elusiveness makes him such a rock solid player for keeping the play going.

Like I said earlier, the fact that he has such a great combo of stats, makes you feel he should really be doing more, and I do worry about overpowering him in game because of this, as in reality he does show all of these stats, and even ds to beat a player, but he'll stop and cross almost every time... but in game you have the ability to not stop, making him like a speed merchant-elusive dribbler, but he does need the stats in these areas because he does use them very regularly, he just cuts the runs short.

Back to his crossing, I've been focusing on this guys crossing ability and down playing it in my mind based on pre-concived notions of what he was or what I remembered him as, but slowly I got this out of my head and was consisntely blown away by his ability... but I still downplayed him. I went back and watched more and more and just thought to myself "what the hell does a player need to do to get orange crossing?" we give it to almost nobody, and the more I watched him I thought, if this was a guy playing short passes of this quality, we'd have him 90's easily. If what hes doing with crosses isn't in the 90's, then something is really off as this guy is pretty fucking godly with crossing, and from a pretty wide area too. He also plays the odd, insanely good aerial through ball... some of the stuff I've seen from him, people would be going crazy over if it was beckham or someone of the like.

As I said at the start of the post, he is a niche player and crossing is that niche, and thats unfortunate, especially for a spanish player. It means if he isn't paired with players who are good in the air, his effectiveness will be greatly reduced. And to have a pairing of a great crosser and a great aerial presence in the box is extremly rare in itself. So the chances of him being properly utilized are quite slim, but he can still be damn effective outside of that ideal, it's just a shame that he probably won't reach the heights hes capable of because hes largely dependant on others being as capable of getting on the end of crosses, as he is at crossing. He got 9 assits this season, and thats damn good, but if he was paired with cavani or someone similar, you'd easily see him rack up some insane assist stats.

Just like how he doesn't take advantage of his dribbling to the degree he could, he also does the same with shooting and short passing. Robben for example will dribble and pull people to him attempting to block the shot coming, and play a through ball into the space they left instead of firing off the shot they all think is coming. Suso doesn't have that sort of variation in his game yet, or at least nowhere near consistently enough, he needs that extra dimension to propel him from being a good to great player, to a great to a world class player. But he just falls back on the old reliable crossing time and time again, he should dribble more, he should play through passes in many opportunties, and he should shoot more after beating his man, but he doesn't. It makes him predictable and greatly nerfs his potential. If he added in more agressive dribbling into his game, it would see him being up at 84/85 for attack, likewise if he started playing through balls past the players he pulls out of space, you'd see a similar number, add in both of them and you'd see a player in the high 80's. And though he has shown glimpses of this potential, he seems more interested in just ignoring it and sticking with what works for him. Can't really fault for him for that, but his talent level and technical ability is through the roof.

It's a shame for his short passing game especially, as hes very accurate and can pick out nice passes when he sees them, but he doesn't look for them much and tends to ignore them in favor of a cross. Much the same with shooting, hes got a great shot on him, would love to see him taking more advantage of it.

Right now though, hes a great niche player thats all round technically solid, safe in possession, and insanely good at crossing whos doing very well for himself. I'd just really like to see him up the ante and turn himself into a more diverse player. Hes progressed into such an interesting and great player since liverpool days, but I think he can go even further.
Epsi

Postby Epsi » 2017 Jul 19, 09:13

very good update, thanks
Rex
Regular Poster

Postby Rex » 2017 Oct 16, 11:33

Great awareness from Suso before the goal, but what the fuck was that from Gagliardini and Perišić :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWuGBBHy3lE

I'd always rather double mark Suso who's about to cut in and shoot from the right, than trying to prevent Musacchio from overlaping (also Nagatomo would be surely able to cover that). But nevermind, that's not the biggest problem, their communication was shocking. Moving to the left synchronized, leaving a load of space for Suso.
Relja's not dead
antony
PSD Elite

Postby antony » 2017 Oct 16, 12:40

After 250M spent, he still is the best ACM player imho
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Oct 26, 12:12

It's a shame for his short passing game especially, as hes very accurate and can pick out nice passes when he sees them, but he doesn't look for them much and tends to ignore them in favor of a cross. Much the same with shooting, hes got a great shot on him, would love to see him taking more advantage of it.

https://streamable.com/95zct
https://streamable.com/k21t6

lets hope he keeps this up
couldrom
New Contributor

Postby couldrom » 2017 Nov 26, 15:03

I can say without problems that he's our best player. His main position is supportive striker
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Postby PES Stats Database » 2018 Feb 04, 14:38

furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2018 Feb 04, 15:04

what a strike, damn
biondi
PSD Youth League

Postby biondi » 2018 Feb 04, 15:51

he's scoring quite often from outside the penalty area (4 goals already in this season), I think we should power up his shoot and st stats

Return to “Sevilla FC”