PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Karim Benzema

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 13:31

Full Name: Karim Mostafa Benzema

CLASSIC SET(S): 2007-09 & 2011-14 & 2015-16

VIDEO(S):
Spoiler: show

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Aug 28, 01:02, edited 2 times in total.
Klauselle
New Contributor

Re: Karim Benzema

Postby Klauselle » 2017 May 12, 22:59

please give Benzima back his technique. 98 TECH

that guy can Trap a ball like no other.
Fantasista
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Fantasista » 2017 May 13, 07:57

How about no?
show some fcking respect
Fixer
PSD Backbone

Postby Fixer » 2017 May 13, 10:12

Fantasista wrote:How about no?

I had not realized you make decisions here? At least he tried to give the slightest hint of explanation.

please give Benzima back his technique. 98 TECH

that guy can Trap a ball like no other.

We have never rated Benzema at 98 tech (he had 95 at a point). Still I disagree, his overall control of the ball can be godly but, just like Benzema himself, extremely unconsistant. Benzema is one of those players who will never be, he's lucky to be technically good when you are a player with zero concentration except when he's on the ball. Anyways it does not matter the reason, what is important is the fact, and Benzema has not ever displayed to be worthy of a value of that scale on an at least slightly constant basis.
antony wrote:when a player joins Atletico, Fixer gives him a +10 boost in stamina (Simeone's garra)

Adrien
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby Adrien » 2017 May 14, 19:51

Sadly people hate him in France but he's such an unselfish striker. I love the way he plays as a football player. He's not even called in NT for years since the "Valbuena sextape story", for his behaviour or stuff outside from football. But he's such an important player for a teams. He kill balls when you giving him it and with his abilities to keep it in retention all the teams can going ahead and get back from his camp. He always had amazing technical skills with a great eye. Yeah he's lazzy, but every player has weak points. It's a shame to see NT not keeping someone you feel the game and football like him.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Fantasista
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Fantasista » 2017 May 15, 10:20

Fixer wrote:
Fantasista wrote:How about no?

I had not realized you make decisions here?

Me neither but good to know lol.

We have never rated Benzema at 98 tech (he had 95 at a point). Still I disagree, his overall control of the ball can be godly but, just like Benzema himself, extremely unconsistant. Benzema is one of those players who will never be, he's lucky to be technically good when you are a player with zero concentration except when he's on the ball. Anyways it does not matter the reason, what is important is the fact, and Benzema has not ever displayed to be worthy of a value of that scale on an at least slightly constant basis.

Exactly. He has always been very proficient at ball trapping but even at his best not consistent and spectacular enough to deserve highest values. Besides I don't really think at any point of his career he could be considered superior to likes of Messi or Ibra (who have been rated at 97 in their best) in this aspect of the game.
show some fcking respect
elbicho
New Contributor

Postby elbicho » 2017 May 22, 14:52

Well, I know it's difficult to rate such an inconsistent player, but many of his highlights are dribbling in small areas like the bests... I know he is extremely inconsistent (form could be 2), but he has showed nice dribbles not only against Atlético weeks ago, in every match he guards the ball and get it stuck to his feet pretty well. I think he could be at higher yellows un DA, even higher than his classic set values. I suggest 89.
jurgens
Clear

Postby jurgens » 2017 Jun 04, 07:09

his trapping has been so good in the UCL this year, made me regret taking him down.
furymaker
PSD Elite

Postby furymaker » 2017 Jun 04, 09:04

just revert it, I have no problems with admitting a mistake or giving updates in short period of times, but nothing major obviously, player can't go all of the suddent from 85 to 90, but reverting changes from 93 to 95 is ok in my books, also Benzema's trapping has always been one of his main assets
toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2017 Jun 04, 15:41

His DA really strikes me, the point is that is almost always eclipsed due to his contribution hard-work (in movements) without the ball, and with the ball following the tendency of the team and his own tactical role: objectivity with the minimum of possible touches.
Not just trapping, his passing game even though he is not an elite passer, is extremely creative and consistent. Same question as Ronaldo, players with technically much greater potential than they show but in return for this, extremely effective and deadly in their works.

Simply a matter of what is needed, playing with only 40% of potencial but even capable of being incredibly decisive (in the case of french, in an indirect way but not less essential) only shows his greatness level.
vinnie
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby vinnie » 2017 Jun 22, 01:12

just a small impression i've had starting about two seasons ago, i've noticed here and there some really excellent through balls by benzema. at some point the consistency and quality he showed in the execution of these passes made me think he may deserve as much as 84 spa. i never followed this up, but i do still see very good through balls from him occasionally when i watch madrid games.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Postby PES Stats Database » 2017 Jul 24, 09:15

Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2017 Aug 14, 01:14

I think he seriously needs some changes now

First of all, a side card in special abilities. He's playing very wide, most of the time, stretching defenders and trying to clear that space in the centre. Creating mostly from the left, rotating position with CR7 and giving the chance to him to be in better position to score, and other midfielders to roam and wait for that pass. The most remembered assists were the one against Getafe and against Atletico, but that aside, he's positioned wide very often, he's mostly opening on the sides to hold up the play, and in today el classico he created a 100% chance again from the left.

Another thing, that 84 agg is too high. I think Zlatan is on 73 for his playmaking, and altough they are very different, Zlatan mostly act like a real playmaking midfielder, drops deep and tends to keep the ball for much longer time than Karim, i think that or similar value should be used here.

He'so well adopted to that link up role, he's not even thinking about scoring goals. Goes wide and try to find a teammate, holds up the ball centrally, make one touch pass.... if he can send the through ball, if not he send a short pass to his teammate and continue with his movement. Shooting and scoring are not his priorities at all.

Obviously, a scoring star should not be there.

On the other side his teamwork can be higher. Something like 88 (his attack could be matched)? And his short passing as vinnie mentioned. He can send some really nice balls into space.

I never analysed Benzema's every aspect to the bits but i really enjoy watching this guy, my favourite Real player.

In my humble opinon, Benzema on 87 -88 ATT 88 TW, 83 - 84 spa 73 - 75 AGG + side* and scoring removed would 100% give a better picture of his current style.
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2017 Aug 14, 13:15

R9style
New Stat Maker

Postby R9style » 2017 Aug 14, 19:02

Relja wrote:I think he seriously needs some changes now

First of all, a side card in special abilities. He's playing very wide, most of the time, stretching defenders and trying to clear that space in the centre. Creating mostly from the left, rotating position with CR7 and giving the chance to him to be in better position to score, and other midfielders to roam and wait for that pass. The most remembered assists were the one against Getafe and against Atletico, but that aside, he's positioned wide very often, he's mostly opening on the sides to hold up the play, and in today el classico he created a 100% chance again from the left.

Another thing, that 84 agg is too high. I think Zlatan is on 73 for his playmaking, and altough they are very different, Zlatan mostly act like a real playmaking midfielder, drops deep and tends to keep the ball for much longer time than Karim, i think that or similar value should be used here.

He'so well adopted to that link up role, he's not even thinking about scoring goals. Goes wide and try to find a teammate, holds up the ball centrally, make one touch pass.... if he can send the through ball, if not he send a short pass to his teammate and continue with his movement. Shooting and scoring are not his priorities at all.

Obviously, a scoring star should not be there.

On the other side his teamwork can be higher. Something like 88 (his attack could be matched)? And his short passing as vinnie mentioned. He can send some really nice balls into space.

I never analysed Benzema's every aspect to the bits but i really enjoy watching this guy, my favourite Real player.

In my humble opinon, Benzema on 87 -88 ATT 88 TW, 83 - 84 spa 73 - 75 AGG + side* and scoring removed would 100% give a better picture of his current style.

Very nice point. I m agree with you about 88 team work and 83-84 spa. But i Think is att is fine maybe Just 1 point below (89).
73-75 agg, look to Low imo, its right he s not consistent in this aspect but he still more agressiv than Zlatan. I see him with 81-82.
IMO, I would also decrease his Stamina to 76, mentality 68 and form 3. He look very deficient in this aspect. He never plays 90 min.
I have the feeling that his balance could be Little bit more high. He sometime impresive when he keep the ball with a defender pression, he look more stronger physicaly Imo. I suggest something like 86-87.
I have the same feeling for his agility and DA. Sometime he remind me the old benz who can pass defender with more ease in a Little space, with great close control and acceleration. Maybe a Little increase, like 86-87 for DA and a Low green (75-76 ) for agility.
Last edited by R9style on 2017 Aug 24, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2017 Aug 14, 19:30

With 82 he's on pair with Kane. I find Kane's value fair, Karim should be lower IMO.
elbicho
New Contributor

Postby elbicho » 2017 Aug 16, 23:50

Nice match today. Not only for the goal, he defended and worked lol. Such a shame he plays once a month.
toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2017 Aug 17, 00:10

Very interesting the participation of Benzema not only today but as in many games of last season.

He impressed a lot in the defensive recovery and I understand why. Benzema is who initiates the counterattacks being a connector playmaker with really difficult and incisive passes and yet with energy to reach the opposing area.
Dont think his stamina/defense are lower than this Ronaldo atributtes.
R9style
New Stat Maker

Postby R9style » 2017 Aug 17, 12:50

His Stamina is lower than cr7 imo, but not defense.
Relja
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby Relja » 2017 Aug 17, 14:18

toaad
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby toaad » 2017 Aug 18, 03:57

https://streamable.com/9l8ha

his spa is really really good.

https://streamable.com/n2d9a
https://streamable.com/e6pi0