Cristiano Ronaldo

Moderators: antony, Mod's

User avatar
PES Stats Database
Posts: 16837
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Been thanked: 332 times

Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:17

READ BEFORE POSTING ON THIS THREAD

Image

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Aug 28, 01:05, edited 6 times in total.
User avatar
Defender1990
Posts: 120
Joined: 2015 May 25, 16:36
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby Defender1990 » 2017 Oct 18, 21:41

R9style wrote:Well, yesterday, cr7 decided to be the old version of himself. Maybe he become nostalgic ?

https://youtu.be/GA1DRLMPjRI


He's still fast as fuck, even in his dribbles but he just doesn't use it anymore as much as young ronaldo, but is certainly capable of it. I'd still would give him orange top speed especially with this white ds combo
User avatar
furymaker
Posts: 1444
Joined: 2011 Aug 23, 01:23
Location: Sarajevo,BiH
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby furymaker » 2017 Oct 22, 20:37

Can i get an explanation what exactly is impressive there? What's so fast about that there? Dude has 87 DA and 88 TS, he had a single decent touch to nutmeg the defender after what he kicked the ball and started sprinting, he was almost at full speed while D.Sanchez was backpedaling, when Sanchez turned back he was actually catching him up quite easily.

This is just a proof of how rare is to see Ronaldo attempt something he used to do, and goes on to prove that his speed is fading away, if he didn't shoot that, in 2 more steps Sanchez would catch up to him, and Sanchez sits at 84 TS.
mikeyup
Posts: 17
Joined: 2013 Mar 15, 23:15
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby mikeyup » 2017 Oct 23, 20:08

Though he was already decelerating by the time he was about to shoot. you can't shoot properly if you're sprinting at your highest speed.
User avatar
dakar95
Posts: 342
Joined: 2013 Mar 05, 20:09
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby dakar95 » 2017 Oct 24, 03:55

Yeah, the old version
Spoiler: show
Image
Draxler
Posts: 39
Joined: 2015 Feb 03, 00:23
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby Draxler » 2017 Nov 02, 23:27

This set looks fine, though I think you guys were a bit harsh on his DS. I know that these days he hardly runs with the ball, but on rare occasions where he does run, it's beautiful and neat. I think a low yellow value would be better, especially because this is Ronaldo we are talking about.

Plus I think he is still very fast, the sprint times he achieves to score his tap-in goals are unbelievable. I think he still deserves low orange for speed.

finally, his free-kick accuracy value is so mean. I know he scores like 1 out of a 100 tries, but I still think 77 is harsh, probably because I am biased. who knows?

Anyway, from a neutral point of view the set looks fine, but really his TS could be increased.


PS: It has been a while since my last comment on this forum.
"Remember to be polite"
User avatar
Fixer
Posts: 10161
Joined: 2010 May 05, 18:43
Location: Spain
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 537 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby Fixer » 2017 Nov 02, 23:28

Spoiler: show
I know he scores like 1 out of a 100 tries, but I still think 77 is harsh, probably because I am biased
you said it all...i think he is overrated myself. Even Celta's Wass is scoring more goals using this technique Ronaldo seems to have invented lol
kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Image
Draxler
Posts: 39
Joined: 2015 Feb 03, 00:23
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby Draxler » 2017 Nov 02, 23:32

furymaker wrote:Can i get an explanation what exactly is impressive there? What's so fast about that there? Dude has 87 DA and 88 TS, he had a single decent touch to nutmeg the defender after what he kicked the ball and started sprinting, he was almost at full speed while D.Sanchez was backpedaling, when Sanchez turned back he was actually catching him up quite easily.

This is just a proof of how rare is to see Ronaldo attempt something he used to do, and goes on to prove that his speed is fading away, if he didn't shoot that, in 2 more steps Sanchez would catch up to him, and Sanchez sits at 84 TS.

why so furious? Ronaldo is still super fast. You have the impression sanchez is catching up because Ronaldo is slowing down to shoot. I believe you know that it is impossible to shoot at full speed. Peace...
"Remember to be polite"
User avatar
furymaker
Posts: 1444
Joined: 2011 Aug 23, 01:23
Location: Sarajevo,BiH
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby furymaker » 2017 Nov 03, 17:06

Dude, just no, I'm not furious, just use your eyes and not your bias as you pointed out, you contradict yourself 2 times in a single post.

No, he's not very fast, not with the ball, not without it, he lost most of his speed, obviously he's still faster than Rakitic, but he's not very fast as you called him.

His FKA for 77 is actually most generous number in this set, people that have 77ish FKA usually have solid free kicks attempts, Ronaldo just kicks the ball into the wall or send it to the top seat row, like 99,9% of the times and thats a fact, how many goals from FKs he scored in past 2-3 seasons? Like straight up free kicks, not a deflected shot?
How many did he hit on target? How many of them were decently accurate and not straight up in the keepers face?

And ye, point stands, he was making shorter steps to hit the ball, but he literally was running full speed while Sanchez was just starting to run.

Also did u seriously write this "Plus I think he is still very fast, the sprint times he achieves to score his tap-in goals are unbelievable." ??

He's making 4-5 step runs, which are mostly ACC, and he's making them when 70% of all defenders are just turned back to the ball and they can barely keep an eye on him or the ball.

If you're trying to make a point, at least make a valid one, his decline is coming rapidly, he has sets for every point of his career that represent him almost perfectly, why try to make him be something that he's not anymore?
User avatar
dakar95
Posts: 342
Joined: 2013 Mar 05, 20:09
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby dakar95 » 2017 Nov 03, 22:31

Draxler wrote:
furymaker wrote:Can i get an explanation what exactly is impressive there? What's so fast about that there? Dude has 87 DA and 88 TS, he had a single decent touch to nutmeg the defender after what he kicked the ball and started sprinting, he was almost at full speed while D.Sanchez was backpedaling, when Sanchez turned back he was actually catching him up quite easily.

This is just a proof of how rare is to see Ronaldo attempt something he used to do, and goes on to prove that his speed is fading away, if he didn't shoot that, in 2 more steps Sanchez would catch up to him, and Sanchez sits at 84 TS.

why so furious? Ronaldo is still super fast. You have the impression sanchez is catching up because Ronaldo is slowing down to shoot. I believe you know that it is impossible to shoot at full speed. Peace...


How faster CR7 is? Here against Vertonghen (80 TS / 72 ACC)
Spoiler: show
Image
User avatar
vinnie
Posts: 3980
Joined: 2012 Apr 06, 03:11
Location: ♛      
Has thanked: 680 times
Been thanked: 1016 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby vinnie » 2017 Nov 04, 23:11

Draxler wrote:This set looks fine, though I think you guys were a bit harsh on his DS. I know that these days he hardly runs with the ball, but on rare occasions where he does run, it's beautiful and neat. I think a low yellow value would be better, especially because this is Ronaldo we are talking about.

Plus I think he is still very fast, the sprint times he achieves to score his tap-in goals are unbelievable. I think he still deserves low orange for speed.

finally, his free-kick accuracy value is so mean. I know he scores like 1 out of a 100 tries, but I still think 77 is harsh, probably because I am biased. who knows?

Anyway, from a neutral point of view the set looks fine, but really his TS could be increased.


PS: It has been a while since my last comment on this forum.

i think this set is fair for his last season, where he was recovering from his injury and focused heavily on off the ball efforts.

i won't be surprised if cristiano can slowly recover a bit of top speed and dribbling speed, before his injury he was still quite decent and not in any sharp decline.
I think that for his consistent level the past season though, these current ratings are more than fair for his speed. i did have the chance to watch him in matches a few times and i think he was labouring off of his first steps on a run, or in his agility. i do think that run was not too bad honestly though; fury is right that sanchez has to accelerate to catch up, but the speed there isn't bad. but i don't think that speed is beyond how he's rated already so i disagree there that he needs an increase at the moment.

your point about his fka is something i've been mulling over and given some reconsideration, because if you take his fka as a percentage for scoring per attempt, his percentage is actually quite quite high. the thing is his technique is largely about NOT aiming.. because the effectiveness of the deadball is having no spin on a shot so that the wind or pressure differences in the air can unpredictably, unpredictably swerve the ball. so deadball shooting is just about getting the shot over the wall and getting the shot in a general direction. The technique can't be quite rated on how exactly well a shot is placed because that is really out of the control of the shooter to a varying degree. and when it comes to getting the shot on target, no doubt cristiano does struggle mightily. when he does get that shot on target though it is a nightmare for any goalkeeper because that shot will be swerving randomly, and also coming at a high speed.

I can still recall that the deadball is incredibly overpowered in game, especially with shooting power at cristiano's level. when a deadball shooter has a high fka rating, you can just place a shot anywhere except that it also swerves in a unpredictable way, but a way that is much much more precise and controlled when compared to reality.
so if you go by goals per free kick, maybe cristinao is underrated, but if you go by the success in getting shots over the wall as a threat on goal, cristiano has been quite poor in the past few years, and so fairly rated at just a decent fka value.
If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
User avatar
Defender1990
Posts: 120
Joined: 2015 May 25, 16:36
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby Defender1990 » 2017 Nov 05, 01:27

@Dakar Ronaldo even stops a bit to look where the ball is in mid- air and is running perfectly timed with te speed of the ball, while Vertonghen is just chasing Ronaldo himself at is full speed
Draxler
Posts: 39
Joined: 2015 Feb 03, 00:23
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby Draxler » 2017 Nov 07, 18:57

comment removed. peace!!
Last edited by Draxler on 2017 Nov 08, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember to be polite"
User avatar
Fixer
Posts: 10161
Joined: 2010 May 05, 18:43
Location: Spain
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 537 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby Fixer » 2017 Nov 07, 19:15

My dear "fury" friend, why are you so "fury" lol?


Second time you post something like this in a row in the same thread. Next time I'm removing your post, so stop trying to provoke people, regardless of whatever reaction you think you have inflicted on someone.
kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Image
R9style
Posts: 108
Joined: 2014 Feb 25, 03:56
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby R9style » 2017 Nov 10, 22:38

User avatar
furymaker
Posts: 1444
Joined: 2011 Aug 23, 01:23
Location: Sarajevo,BiH
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby furymaker » 2017 Nov 18, 22:29

https://streamable.com/dsing

Thats Juanfran that sits on 80 TS, just so we can end this discussion if Ronaldo is still super fast and stuff
User avatar
dakar95
Posts: 342
Joined: 2013 Mar 05, 20:09
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby dakar95 » 2017 Nov 18, 22:32

Juanfran deserves more TS or CR7 deserves less TS?
Spoiler: show
Image
User avatar
Fixer
Posts: 10161
Joined: 2010 May 05, 18:43
Location: Spain
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 537 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby Fixer » 2017 Nov 18, 23:05

We already had this argument when Ballesteros got past him...one action isn't enough so comparing Juanfran and CR7 because of a single run doesn't seem like enough..
kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Image
User avatar
furymaker
Posts: 1444
Joined: 2011 Aug 23, 01:23
Location: Sarajevo,BiH
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby furymaker » 2017 Nov 19, 01:00

except this has been happening for a while now? He getting beaten in runs by players he should beat easily, etc. When you watch him play its obvious he is not on that level anymore, I mean, he's surely faster than Juanfran and his 80TS, but no way he's 87
User avatar
Korinov
Posts: 4450
Joined: 2011 Aug 31, 20:50
Location: Weasel store
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 405 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby Korinov » 2017 Nov 19, 01:26

I'd refrain from making bold statements on his physical abilities until the end of the season.

He was pretty much the same past year, looked slow and stiff in the first months, then reached a prime physical condition (within his current limits) in the last third of the season. He pretty much admitted Zidane had convinced him to do so in order to prevent injuries and ensure he would be properly fit when it most mattered.

It may be different now and he may be suffering from a very real physical decline, but we won't really know until the season ends.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
R9style
Posts: 108
Joined: 2014 Feb 25, 03:56
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby R9style » 2017 Nov 19, 15:43

dakar95 wrote:Juanfran deserves more TS or CR7 deserves less TS?
Spoiler: show
Image


No, Juanfran was already in front of him.

Return to “Juventus FC”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests