Cristiano Ronaldo

Moderators: furymaker, Kronosh, Eternal Night, brazilianpesfan, Korinov, Fixer, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:17

READ BEFORE POSTING ON THIS THREAD

Full Name: Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Aug 28, 01:05, edited 6 times in total.
Albo7

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo

Postby Albo7 » 2017 May 17, 21:39

I'd really go for lower than yellow ds tbh
Image TROLL KING Image

dakar95

Postby dakar95 » 2017 May 18, 01:12

I've got him with white ds and the same speed, and that reflects very similar to the real CRistiano
The Scorpion

Postby The Scorpion » 2017 May 18, 02:51

Well. As everyone said. A decrease in DS and TS is obvious at this point. But something i've noticed lately is his weakfoot usage, he uses it whenever it's open and never seems to pass on good looks just to switch to his right anymore. On the other hand. Despite scoring 2 amazing goals with his left lately. The more he uses it. The more i believe 8 to be too much for it. Don't get me wrong i know he used to be so accurate with it but now it's a bit inconsistent and has become appearant since as i said. He uses it alot more than before.
So i say 7 and 7 instead of 8 and 6. What do you guys think?
JeffVR98

Postby JeffVR98 » 2017 May 18, 03:09

White DS ? seriusly? So he moves the ball like riquelme?, is better compare the players with the level you want to balanced, white look very bizzare IMO.

@El Escorpion you have a point there, but actually he is keeping the accuracy of his weak, he only is losing the frequency of use it, he only use his weak foot when he is in a unconfortable position or when he have to shoot.
Luisao82

Postby Luisao82 » 2017 May 18, 06:39

Seems extremely drastic. But high white values for DS and same speed does emulate him well in game.
Fantasista

Postby Fantasista » 2017 May 18, 09:18

The Scorpion wrote:Well. As everyone said. A decrease in DS and TS is obvious at this point.

I don't think a TS decrease has been suggested recently... I think current values for ts/acc are fine. I believe it has been already lowered not so long ago...

JeffVR98 wrote:White DS ? seriusly? So he moves the ball like riquelme?, is better compare the players with the level you want to balanced, white look very bizzare IMO.

Nobody who suggested massive DS drop has mentioned Riquelme. It's you who brought him up for no reason other than the fact that we rate Riquleme ds in 70s regardless of the era. Was Riquelme a SS/CF/WF? Was he given values in ts/acc/agility/attack/aggression even remotely close to those CR have rn?

Read previous pages once again because it seems that you don't understand the logic behind lowering CR7 ds. Besides no exact value has been chosen yet and even those who propose white ds aren't 100% sure. But pretty much everybody agrees that his ds needs to be significantly lowered because 88 makes him completely unrealistic, doesn't replicate what he does 95% of the time in game. That's why I came up with my modest proposal of 82, because I believe it's an urgent change that has to be made. First mention of a serious DS decrease was made by Korinov I believe more than 2 weeks ago yet he still sits at 88...

Korinov wrote:This set needs changes. Although I don't think CRonaldo has declined that much neither physically nor technically, his game has become more limited with the years... although it's also true he's become more efficient within these limits.

It's a difficult issue, and one we should address carefully. Nowadays he's mostly a poacher with little influence in the overall style of play of the team, just hangs around the box and waits for the right chance to butt in, or just uses his speed in counterattacks. Lowering his DS dramatically could be a start, it may replicate well his "uselessness" on the ball even if it's not completely fair regarding his potential ability.

Obviously he can be downgraded further and I really have no attachement to the value of 82. Just think of it as a proposal that it significant enough it'd change his behaviour enough to make a difference and emulate him more realistically but on the other hand not so drastic a lot of people will go nuts. I really don't know what would be an ideal number for him. If it was up to me to decide though I'd probably pick sth around 78-80.
show some fcking respect
JeffVR98

Postby JeffVR98 » 2017 May 18, 13:03

I'm only comparing his DS because is the value in discussion, also because to value something, is necessary compare, Cristiano has a low level of AGI almost close to the young riquelme(i bring riquelme to the topic because was the first one that i remember with white and green DS), also he has some electric's moves and probably is the trademark of all winger that keeps for his entire carrer.

I have in mind some value like 83-84 also i think that he will deserved 85 in DA, he looks more like Pato in that aspect.
Flash Boy

Postby Flash Boy » 2017 May 19, 15:32

JeffVR98 wrote:I'm only comparing his DS because is the value in discussion, also because to value something, is necessary compare, Cristiano has a low level of AGI almost close to the young riquelme(i bring riquelme to the topic because was the first one that i remember with white and green DS), also he has some electric's moves and probably is the trademark of all winger that keeps for his entire carrer.

I have in mind some value like 83-84 also i think that he will deserved 85 in DA, he looks more like Pato in that aspect.

I completely agree with u .. White DS is a joke _tick
furymaker

Postby furymaker » 2017 May 19, 21:10

I think all of you should read the complete discussion here and the rules around here, at least provide the reasoning why you feel like he deserves something higher, he barely ever runs with the ball and when he tries its usually kick and run and its not that fast at all, also his TS as I mentioned before, in no way is over 87 for me now, 91 is overrated value, but I'm probably fine with that for old gen pes because his DS will be white, but in newer generations 87 speed is max I'd give to him ( pes 17 )
dakar95

Postby dakar95 » 2017 May 20, 03:13

At least, try playing with high whites to see the realism. If you don't try it and you just say it's a joke, your comment don't have value.
Fantasista

Postby Fantasista » 2017 May 21, 09:09

furymaker wrote:I think all of you should read the complete discussion here and the rules around here, at least provide the reasoning why you feel like he deserves something higher, he barely ever runs with the ball and when he tries its usually kick and run and its not that fast at all, also his TS as I mentioned before, in no way is over 87 for me now, 91 is overrated value, but I'm probably fine with that for old gen pes because his DS will be white, but in newer generations 87 speed is max I'd give to him ( pes 17 )

Yet the set still remains non-updated in spite of the fact that jurgens post regarding massive ds downgrade was done one month ago. And when you go to previous pages you'll see that ther have been suggestions about decreasing ds to 85 or below dated at October 2016.
toaad wrote:Backing to the set....think the combo da + ds just letting him unrealistic.
He is fast without the ball but when has her in his feet, although he speed up the game, Ronaldo isn't worthy player to has a 88ds (even with a 91ts) being much more a connector (seeking faster in the plays) with much objectivity in his movements (pass, shoot, "dribble") but not running with the ball... the current values ​​let as a classic winger incisive and dribbler, which isn't real.

Treating numbers, 85-86 da and 84ds imo is ok for my suggestions.

or February 2017
in response to this post viewtopic.php?f=154&t=1170&start=2600#p567110
Major general Woof wrote:Great post, toaad. Everything is on spot, I'd just like to add he is very often, because of being incomplete, a player who slows down Madrid's counterattacks. He slows down or completely stops with the ball cause he can't slip by the player or maze through the space between two. Then he might do some show off-no efficient move to take the attention away from his fail, or makes "I can' believe this" facial expressions when he gets taken down with no foul cause he's got no agility or close control to complement his speed.
The other way he can slow them down is his bad passing, he is a dangerous player nonetheless, and he can notice when his pass can be dangerous, but more than that being influenced by his lethality, his lack of accuracy makes him mess up simplest of the passes when the power on them is not right or there is absolutely no feeling for the path it should go.
With current DA+DS he is still way more of a dribbler than we actually get from him and DS could really go down to low 80s, with DA being around the middles.

I've only chosen the most representative posts, with indepth analysis although obviously there are more (including those with little to zero explanations behind proposed values, but tbh you couldn't add much to what toaad and Major general wrote).

Their observations are still very valuable, just the numbers for ds should go further down than 84 or so. What I mean is CR ds should've been decreased long time ago (to mid-low 80s). Why wasn't he though? As he continue to show little to no speed on the ball jurgens came up with a revolutionary idea of 74 ds but even he admits it's "both right and wrong". Right now we're in a funny situation where current CR set makes him a speed monster both off and on the ball that he hasn't been for quite some time and drastic changes are indeed needed. But it will always be controversial, changing any stat by 10 points or more. I'd would be less problematic if he already had 82 ds or sth like that. Luckily most reasonable users agree that ds should be significantly decreased but I expect a massive shitposting from CR fanboys if he gets decreased to 74 and locked up thread yet again.

Besides not so long ago (after jurgens post with white ds idea) you suggested 82 and now it looks like you're calling 74 an obvious value (mind you he still sits at 88 with 91 ts).
furymaker wrote:guys would it be too much if he put his RES way up, like 98?
I'm thinking of putting his TS on 87ish, DS in low 80s, like 82, DA to 86 and maybe we can bump up his ATT to 97?
I think that would kinda show the difference in styles, + that MENT improvement? Thoughts?

As far as ts goes I dunno what makes ts standards for PES 2017 different simply becuase I've never played it (I like to have acceleration and st you know ;) ). However I think CR is still capable of showing orange ts and obviously there is always capability vs consistency controversy but with ds decreased I don't think ts would be a big issue. We should just keep an eye on it next season and then decrease it if necessary.
show some fcking respect
Fantasista

Postby Fantasista » 2017 May 26, 18:00

BUMP CR7 dribbling speed.
show some fcking respect
JeffVR98

Postby JeffVR98 » 2017 May 26, 18:15

I think that he don't deserve Dribbling in his SA anymore
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2017 Jun 04, 20:37

I'm reopening the thread to discuss the following points:

- Downgrading his BB to greens.
- Deleting both *Dribbling and *Tactical Dribble.

First, because in terms of holding the ball and keeping opposition players away no player tries less than him in the entire squad. As it's being mentioned in the UCL thread (link to vinnie's post), this season he's worked towards making his game more focused, minimalistic and also more effective. So he's dribbling less and less (which means the usual bullshit dribbling attempts of the past seasons have been disappearing from his game), and most of the time he doesn't even put effort into holding into the ball. These lines sum it up nicely:

vinnie wrote:I find that Ronaldo is still very much capable of pretty much anything technically, but he has very cleverly cut playmaking or dangerous dribbling out of his game. Ronaldo uses as few touches as possible and the benefits are that he avoids the injury risks that are much higher for technically focused players who prefer to play with the ball, and he maximizes the amount of runs and the time he spends in danger zones.

He's basically been avoiding physical contact in open play as much as possible, just restraining himself to a few touches on the ball here and there, even when doing supportive movements down the field. So basically I'd send BB to low greens (76 perhaps), remove *Dribbling and *Tactical Dribble as these hardly represent him nowadays.

Opinen if they like.
Image Korinov la Komadreja
DEF has nothing to do with positioning.
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Klaus14

Postby Klaus14 » 2017 Jun 04, 20:54

76 bb is a bit harsh, he would do fine with 78( but i dunno if theres much difference between 76 and 78..) and yes, he doesnt need those cards anymore.
!!!CHUPETE LA CONCHA DE TU HERMANA!! , !!VAMOS CARAJO TE QUIERO VER!! , !! TE QUIERO VER PAPÁ!!
Jon Osterman

Postby Jon Osterman » 2017 Jun 04, 21:06

Agree completely about both of the ideas, but i ain't so sure about numbers yet. Right now, i don't think we reach 76. Maybe around 77-79, but don't take this as final words since i haven't tested it right now.

I would like to include a discussion about his Defence as well. Like someone pointed out a while ago, i believe it was Toaad, his defensive contribution is notably null, to the point of being interesting to highlight it on the set. Maybe going down to Benzema's 30 or even lower on 20s.

I really enjoy his playing style. He is becoming a Thomas Muller style striker... unfortunately very irregular formwise.
Last edited by Jon Osterman on 2017 Jun 06, 03:12, edited 1 time in total.
JeffVR98

Postby JeffVR98 » 2017 Jun 04, 21:39

Well here collect some impressions during the season.
ATK: The current value should be maintained, is what has defined it for almost 4 years, many say "how this guy can score so many goals", well the answer is easy, has a great reading of the game, knows how to position during attacks , Moving among the defenders, is what made him score so many goals, and it is the characteristic along with his great physical condition that has made him stay in the strongest level of football.
BB: Well he is currently the king of diving in some occasions, but I do not think it is because he stopped having body strength, he will define it as the way in which he manages to solve his poor agility and his already deteriorated quality of dribbling, he knows (unconsciously) that his own body does not respond to him in the same way as he did 5 years ago, so his most viable excuse is to find a fault, or create one, in PES there is no ability to translate that he wants to try to do a dribbling but when he realize that cannot do one trick longer, he look for the first excuse to not look so ridiculous or take advantage, I would suggest a value between 79/80 (79 is the value I currently use).
DA: His close control has worsened since last season and his ability to perform actions using that ability also, try to compare his close control with the DA of Alexandre Pato in the time he played at AC Milan, he is practically in the same level ( Pato was faster and younger at that time) so I would say that a correct value would be 85.

DS: The skill that was discussed so much, he actually lost speed, but I think he is indolent and he refuses to notice,that the dribblings that he made in manchester united no longer he does with the same quality and speed now, if we realize the times that he tries to make tricks always makes them in a very comfortable space, having the defender to a meter of him(something that is awfull), but we have to Keep in mind that his speed is not so bad, there are times that he manages to run at a speed more than decent, but obviously with much space ahead of him, I suggest a level between 79/80.

Dribbing and T. Dribbling Cards: I already suggest this, he doesnt need anymore that, in terms of do tricks is awfull like already i said, his skill to keep the ball is poor and mostly of the times he ends diving, and clearly most of the time he search to make a pass to the close partner that he has.
JeffVR98

Postby JeffVR98 » 2017 Jun 10, 03:14

Sorry for the double post, but i have to explain a better pov of this.

Well basically what happens to Cristiano Ronaldo is something that was going to happen sooner or later. To emphasize his style, I think that Cristiano since he was 9 or 10 and he trained in lower categories, had the style of being a trickster. Throughout his formative stage, he was only dedicated to dribblings from his side on the field, obviously he born and will die as a winger, everything that is learned in that times(Youth Division) stays to a greater or lesser extent during his professional career. But comparing the Manchester United Cristiano's with the current one, there is a big difference, which is given by two big factors, the aging and maturaty that has obtained. He knows that he can not do what he did before, I think it must be depressing for him, to make an analogy is to say that a Formula 1 driver no longer has the ability to drive in tight corners at high speeds.

For footballers the stage of youth formation would be equivalent to the secondary or primary for any of us, none of us is going to forget how write or read, something similar happened with him(and all players), simply Cristiano will not forget how to overflow the side of the field and make crosses. Let's go to the points that I will try to explain better.

BB: Clearly a player who personifies a diving king, and if I do not think it is due to lack of strength, I think it is more something related to his already evident lack of speed in dribblings and movements, he has to search some excuse too not look so bad, cause' he already cannot do quick turns or response well under pressure, PES or any football game cant reflect that, so we have to decrease his BB, to reflect that tactic, that he made to not look so ridiculous(just a way to say) or take advantage, I would suggest a value between 79/80 (79 is the value I currently use).

DA: Its control has been getting worse, it's not bad but it's not for high yellow values, mostly its controls are made in relatively comfortable spaces, and they are not the same compared to their previous season, basically some points of that skill has declined, in pro of other things more dedicated to the role of pure forward.
It would suggest a value of 85, is just because it reflects the percentage that lost during this season compared to the other, it is not a bad value since it could perform controls to make spaces and try to shoot, and to perform some skill, a fair comparison would with the version of Alexandre Pato playing for AC Milan, is practically the same quality of control and the only that the difference comes in the speed that Pato managed to have at that time, for obvious reasons like been youth and be without any major injury.

DS: A very disputed value but in my opinion it must be reduced to force realism, and I say it because I think it is not as slow as it is said, but it is part of the new Cristiano, who carries with it his lack of agility, lack of close control of the ball, and certainly something that prevents him from demonstrating what he sometimes tries to do, most of the time his attempts to dribbling to a defender are with a fairly wide space, almost in a situation when the defender does not bother him, but when he has more of one defender pressing or the defender is too close, most of the times loses the ball or otherwise, tries to get rid of the possession of the ball looking for the closest partner, although it must be said that when he have a large space where he can run with the ball, mostly shows a decent speed , too seek realism for their lack of speed I suggest lowering the DS level by 79/80.

TEC: Well lately I have not seen, some control worthy of high orange numbers, and I think this is what I said before, Cristiano always has a lot of pressure and marks by the rival defenses, which not let him demonstrate what he still has concerning of his ball control, but it must be made clear that even though he had space, I could not be able to observe some control worthy of those numbers, and I think it would be good, to downgrade its TEC to a number around 90.

Dribbling and T. Dribbling: Do not need much explanation, the above explanation concerning the DA and DS make that these skills have to be removed from his set to make the CPU don't have the ability of use the Dribbling Card, about Tactical, his ability to keep he ball is poor, most of the times he do a pass to his near partner .

Cristiano is a case that i like to analyzed since demostrated how a player has to change his style to keep a place in the top leagues.
Most of the times i remember to Ronaldo, like other examole of this evolution, after the Injuys nightmare, he lost so much speed, agility cause' the combo of been inactive so long time + No take care of his nutrition + Physocologycal pressure(because any who ever has played football in some low level in his life, knows the fear of being injury, the time of bein not doing almost anything and the cost of recover the fitness and the level, and the fear that any other fault can cause a new injury :( that is why many players don't show most of his skills after they comeback from a long recovery).

I think that we will see a new CR7 in the next season, a pure 9 with good technique and one of the best physical conditions around there.
Fantasista

Postby Fantasista » 2017 Jun 10, 08:32

@JeffVR98 you know his ds has been already decreased to 74? :)

*Dribbling needs to be removed. No doubts about that. He almost never goes forward passing opponents with the ball. But when it comes to *Tactical Dribbling I'd keep it for the time being. He still likes to keep the ball for a while, do a few pointless* stepovers before he pass the ball to his team-mate. He doesn't employ tactical dribbling by its pure definition but keeping this ability will reflect his tendency to hoard the ball for a while, play with it before passing.

*Pointless in the context of how he could use them in the past.
show some fcking respect
R9style

Postby R9style » 2017 Jun 11, 15:06

IMO his off the ball movement is the best in the history of this game . He s a f***ing Robot, dammnn !! Look at this :o :o

https://youtu.be/bCeQ6XjEftk

Return to “Real Madrid CF”