Tim Matavž

Moderators: Fides, tuco55, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Tim Matavž

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Aug 06, 04:04

Notes From Ajacied_Breda1:
Matavz is a little poacher, a tall but lanky striker that's got a nose for the goal. In his previous seasons for Groningen and last season out on loan to Emmen, it became evident that Tim lacked match-fitness and wasn't able to play 90 minutes; which is something he has improved on but he still struggles with near the end of a full 90 minutes.

His running, especially off the ball, has increased a lot. He has grown from a naïve forward that relied on crosses into a smart poacher that knows how to time his runs very well and breaks the line on a through ball quite frequently.

His finishing has also improved, becoming better at scoring from hard angles as well as increasing the accuracy of his "easy" tap-ins.

In short, Matavz is a promising young forward that has time on his side and is steadily improving for this Groningen squad. He's also in contention for a spot on Slovenia's senior squad for the upcoming World Cup.

Video:
HQ Training ground friendly footage (2:09-3:50)
Goal against FC Utretch
Goal against Roda JC
Goal against FC Volendam in extra time

Last edited by shook81 on 2010 Sep 19, 22:21, edited 2 times in total.
Diego
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Tim MATAVZ

Postby Diego » 2012 Oct 14, 01:22

how's 4 average? :|
bam!
Malakayi

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Oct 14, 03:27

To me 5 always has been the average for an average big league player, 6 is for guys that play always like 30 matches but not always well, 7 for players who're able to shine in every 2nd game and 8 for true Evergreens like Lahm, Dani Alves or Zanetti but 7 and 8 have to be earned about a distance of more than just one season. Everything below 5 won't be able to play more than 15 games if you want to play with at least a green arrow.
mcmattie
PSD Elite

Postby mcmattie » 2012 Oct 14, 09:27

Well in real life, players don't have a 'green arrow' every match. ;) Many players have an off-day once in a while.
čale

Postby čale » 2012 Oct 14, 10:18

FernandoA13 wrote:Its not proven, but in my experience players with lower condition tend to have lower arrows.

No shit, Sherlock? how could you even been made a mod if not knowing one of the most crucial stats in the game-engine, like, i don't know, the Condition stat? the Condition stat has already been in the game for years now and it was quite obvious that the higher the value the better arrows a player gets assigned in ML. I'm guessing that if you think that 4 is an average you haven't really payed attention while testing it (yes, 4 is mathematically the average if the highest value is 8, but that means jack shit in a game-engine).

i'll try to elaborate a bit:

1 - unplayable, not assigned to anyone bar a few made up players in the PES and WE Leagues
2 - used for players like Ledley King, and Pato nowadays
3 - youngsters who's performances fluctuate from match to match
4 - player which fluctuate just like youngsters from match to match but are slightly more "stable", mostly for players which play 15-20 games per season
5 - players which can keep a good batch of form for a decent amount of time
6 - same as 5 but a bit better
7 - players playing consistently and in great shape throughout more competitions
8 - Messi
Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

MocaBG wrote:Because you are a nerd and have no life.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2012 Oct 14, 14:05

What is your problem? Im not the only one who wasnt sure about it. JVMP didnt know it for sure either, and you cant say he doesnt understand the game. Your attitude is afwul and disrespectful. And your complaining when i call you stupid? Your lack of communication and bad manners is a disgrace.

But talking about Matavz again his condition should be lowered.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
čale

Postby čale » 2012 Oct 14, 16:21

yup, i'm the clueless one here :lol:

EDIT: btw, check the chat archive from this afternoon and you'll see that you're basically the only one here who doesn't know what Condition does.
Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

MocaBG wrote:Because you are a nerd and have no life.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2012 Oct 14, 17:00

but in my experience players with lower condition tend to have lower arrows.

What isnt true about this statement then? I rated my players this way ever since i played PES for the first time. I just didnt knew it was proven.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
Malakayi

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Oct 14, 19:20

Where does this elitist attitude come from? As soon as anyone displays a misunderstanding of stat X or game mechanic Y sarcasm or joking on his behalf follows. "Look, this guy doesn't know how condition works, lol", such messages are really inappropriate, especially coming from mods. I want to see the guy that claims to know everything about the values or mechanics of PES. We should encourage members to post their suggestions instead of making fun of them. Noticed a lot of this aggressive sarcasm lately and it's definitely not doing any good to the community. If you are commenting like this because of the so called troublemakers think twice, they won't go away from it. Instead these kind of flaming intimidates potentially good posters or those with talent to become such to write down their explanations because they could make a mistake and made fun of afterwards.

No offense to you, cale - and I give you credit to explaining about condition - I just felt like I should express my opinion about this unnecessary sarcasm that I saw a lot recently. That I now picked your post as a reason to write it down is pure coincidence though if you re-read your posts you will have to agree with me that your choice of words has been very gruff.
About condition, there are a lot of people who doesn't know how it works or confuse it with the old consistency value. Nobody's perfect. And among the mod community I bet you can find even more examples of other essential stats that are misunderstood by some.

Back 2 topic: Agree with lower Condition.
Fides

Postby Fides » 2012 Oct 20, 10:38

Lowered condition/form/fitness for Matavz, Mertens and Wijnaldum.
derp.
New Stat Maker

Postby derp. » 2012 Nov 12, 18:11

Seriously, I think his SA should be even higher, he doesn't make much goals, but you can see he has awesome placement, I wouldn't mind 84 maybe even 85
Those who fell, have fallen...
mcmattie
PSD Elite

Postby mcmattie » 2012 Nov 12, 20:07

I don't agree. 82 is pretty generous already, also considering his att, resp values. And he's not the 'convincing' fixed CF if you know what I mean, he only started 9 times out of 21 games this season.
Fides

Re: Tim Matavž

Postby Fides » 2013 Aug 19, 09:01

Matavz is probably more classy than this. I think he is a very good poachy-finisher, but very inconsistent and pretty lazy.
mcmattie
PSD Elite

Postby mcmattie » 2013 Aug 19, 10:22

Yeah his TW should be lower I think.
Fides

Postby Fides » 2013 Dec 09, 06:48

Slight update
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2013 Dec 09, 08:59

I don't think he still deserves this high RES.
PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2014 Feb 11, 18:45

he will undergo medical with Rubin Kazan: http://www.psv.nl/Nieuws/Nieuwspagina/P ... Matavz.htm
Karbrüggen
Regular Poster

Postby Karbrüggen » 2015 Mar 31, 18:31

Im not sure about his 80 ATT. I never saw such attacking and striker qualities from him in the Bundesliga. He never had a realistic chance to be striker number one in Augusburg
Eternal Night

Postby Eternal Night » 2015 Aug 16, 16:35

Probaly "Attack Awareness: 2" could be "Attack Awareness: 3"

"2" could be a reminiscence of mcmatie's Eredivisie. A lot of WF's, SS's and CF's have Attack Awareness: 2 in Dutch league and I don't understand why...
The intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
mcmattie
PSD Elite

Postby mcmattie » 2015 Aug 16, 16:50

Don't remember if I gave him that. I'd say he deserves it if he really is aggressive and wants to participate in every attack the team makes. I don't watch him anymore, so I don't know.

The reason I gave players a 2 is to create variation in it. Otherwise, what's the point in having this stat if all attackers have 3? There are players that are simply much more aggressive than others and move a lot more in general. These players deserve a 3. Attackers who don't show much aggressive behavior towards the opponant's goal/area should have a 2.

Return to “Vitesse”