Bacary Sagna

Moderator: Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Bacary Sagna

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:57

Tough tackling and physically strong French defender, new signing from Auxerre during the summer. Versatile player who usually plays as a right back but can also play as a left back, centre back or in the midfield. Sagna has made 38 appearances for the French under-21 national side and has recently been called up to the French senior squad for the first time. His reputation is growing fast and has become a key player in the defence for club and country.

Tom
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Bacary SAGNA

Postby Tom » 2009 Dec 22, 13:45

tc811 wrote:Well at any rate are we going to improve his crossing? He can whip in a ball with much more pace now compared to last season.

That's news to me, they've looked pretty lofty this year and just like the year before that. His crosses have, however, improved in their accuracy but I certainly woudn't raise his Long Pass Accuracy any more than 2 points, and even then that'd be the absolute maximum.
monKevski
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby monKevski » 2009 Dec 30, 22:43

His crosses are really horrible, a huge amount of them will rather reach the opponents heads than the ones of Arsenals strikers. :D
deity86

Postby deity86 » 2009 Dec 30, 22:48

Doesn't really help that we've got no player of any presence to aim for in the box :lol: The funny thing is that he's improved that aspect of his game from last season, which must say something :D
Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
monKevski
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby monKevski » 2009 Dec 30, 23:02

Most of his crosses were to short as really someone can get them and I'll not imagine his crosses from last season.^^
But Arsenal really needs a big striker like Bendtner or even a striker with good header qualities. I hope they could get Chamakh beeing that sort of striker they really need. In my eyes he's even better than Adebayor playing a bit like him.
Nevertheless it's really surprising that Arsenal already made 51(!) goals in 19 games, never expected that and what will be when Van Persie can play again?
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2009 Dec 31, 04:28

deity86 wrote:Doesn't really help that we've got no player of any presence to aim for in the box :lol: The funny thing is that he's improved that aspect of his game from last season, which must say something :D

BENDER!!!
deity86

Postby deity86 » 2009 Dec 31, 09:06

Either you're calling me a bender, which would hurt me deeply P. :cry: OR you're using the lovely nickname for big Nick Bendtner who would be a presence if not injured (maybe I should have stated we have no one of presence at this moment) ;)
Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2009 Dec 31, 14:06

I'm using the lovely nickname, for you my sweetheart. I thought it was obvious? You know with us having our pet names and all?
Playboy
New Stat Maker

Postby Playboy » 2010 Jan 21, 12:43

I must write this as for me Sagna is one of the best right SB is the world.
I know many won't agree but I will try to explain my so high oppinion about him.

Arsenal is very attacking based team as we all here know that. Their last defensive line is often very far from goalkeeper because so they mantain pressure, combine better and opponents are often confused because it's like everyone in Arsenal could play more than 1 or 2 roles. And role changing is also important part of shaking opponents.
Another reason why they don't play deep is because Sagna, Clichy/Traore/Gibson, Gallas and Thomas, they are all very fast for last line players. And not only that, they do understand the game, tehnique is better than average premiership defenders tehnique and they all have a good teamwork understanding. Their passing is also very accurate and fast enough.

But let's get back to Sagna. He is not that fast and dribbling oriented as let's say Maicon and Dani Alves who are surely best SB's in the world, but that's not the most important task of SB player. Sagna is very good at defending, good at positiong and moving forward ( he lacks cross accurary only ) and most importantly for me, he is great teamwork player always there when there is no one who is free to receive ball. Also he is very good at keeping that ball safe until someone (fabregas , song mostly) arrives and receive a ball.

Sagna's balance is really great, he is better there than Maicon od Dani and that helps him to rarely lose a ball because he get outmuscled or thrown out of balance. I would increase his balance to 86, because i find Song not stronger than him, they are equall and Sagna with 86 balance is not that much more stronger than with balance of 85, but the feeling I get from playing with higher balance suits his style of play better and I'm more satisfied playing with him.

His defense is also very good and his intelligence at positioning is very good for a SB.
I'm trying to compare him with Corluka and Corluka is 80 for me without any question , but Sagna deserves also higher score than current of 76, he could see increase of 2 , so 78 will be the number.

As he is good at tackling is think sliding is nedeed but I'm not sure if you agree.. ?

Second I find him very good at shifting from attack to defense and vice versa.. that would mean he is candidate for reaction, but on the other hand, as that star is rarely given to SB's and I agree that Evra is better in this than Sagna ( but that could be due to Evra's better attack ratio ). I will try him some more with and without reaction and will let you know about my further oppinions about it.

To summarize:
BB 86
Defense 78
Teamwork 85

+ sliding tackle ?

If anyone wan'ts to , try him on with my improvements and say your oppinions.
josephd18
New Contributor

Postby josephd18 » 2010 Jan 21, 14:21

Certainly no Sliding Tackle. Defense, I think you are right but, I would wait with the current value. Teamwork seems fine as it is, and Balance is OK I guess.
zebastian
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby zebastian » 2010 Apr 17, 09:48

Remove CB. Sagna plays never on this position.
HENRY14EVER
New Stat Maker

Postby HENRY14EVER » 2010 Apr 19, 03:48

He played as CB against Barca when Eboue substituted silvestre
he is able to play there and did play on several occasions
Next Targets:
1) Completing Qatar NT (Done)
2) Completing Al-Rayyan + Al-Sadd (Done) + Al-Arabi < Long way to go :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-z2jtUS9-Y
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2010 Apr 19, 04:04

Name 5 others.
donandresiniesta
New Stat Maker

Postby donandresiniesta » 2010 Apr 19, 04:19

I've matched just about every arsenal match since the unbeatable season, can't think of any other times Wenger used Sagna as CB, sry. He played there 2/3 times a most.
"Football is simple. But the hardest thing is to play simple football."

"Before I make a mistake, I see it coming and then don’t make it, I don’t make a lot of mistakes, because it’s hard for me to be wrong…"
zebastian
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby zebastian » 2010 Apr 20, 09:06

donandresiniesta wrote:I've matched just about every arsenal match since the unbeatable season, can't think of any other times Wenger used Sagna as CB, sry. He played there 2/3 times a most.

And thats not enough to give him that as 2nd position. Look here to see what i mean: http://www.football-lineups.com/footballer/2665/ .
chanman
Regular Poster

Postby chanman » 2010 Apr 26, 18:20

I think attack should come down slightly. Sagna has been very shoddy in attack this year IMO i don't see how is too far off from Clichy maybe he could be a 72, I just don't think he is on par with Hutton and don't see how is above Zabaleta. Just throwing it out there guys.
Jez

Postby Jez » 2010 May 27, 12:53

Agree to reduction in defence. What about Long Pass Speed and Curling? If there's one thing that impresses me about his crossing, it is these two aspects. I've seen him get some really great shape and pace on his crossing, despite not being 'accurate'
"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2010 May 27, 15:48

What about a drop in Aggression eh?
kendees
Seasoned Stat Maker

Postby kendees » 2010 May 27, 16:37

Maybe slightly, he is still very offensive minded I think. He goes to attack, not straight to the penalty area, but he is fresh on the line. Not more than 2 points lower, I'd have no problem with an 83 to be honest. :)
I know that i don't know anything.
Jez

Postby Jez » 2010 May 27, 16:40

Forgot to mention that, the main reason I came to this thread was to bring up what we were talking about last night! Am I right in thinking we were saying it should be 84?
"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Paddy
PSD Guru

Postby Paddy » 2010 May 27, 22:33

Jezmond, you asked me when have I ever seen him near the opposition box, it took me too long to remember an instance haha, he could even get a value closer to a low 80, think 81/82.

Return to “Non-Affiliated”