Bacary Sagna

Moderator: Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Bacary Sagna

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:57

Tough tackling and physically strong French defender, new signing from Auxerre during the summer. Versatile player who usually plays as a right back but can also play as a left back, centre back or in the midfield. Sagna has made 38 appearances for the French under-21 national side and has recently been called up to the French senior squad for the first time. His reputation is growing fast and has become a key player in the defence for club and country.

Kerry
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Re: Bacary Sagna

Postby Kerry » 2013 Mar 18, 17:48

That's because BigStu a proven, trustworthy member (a mod, actually) in this forum. You can't join the site and just ask for changes; expecting people to trust your opinion. ;)
mracho wrote: Well, then he/she was an idiom with a T at the end.

Farés L'arrogante Image
Tsakis
Regular Poster

Postby Tsakis » 2013 Mar 18, 18:35

Actually the way you say it is like when you are new your suggestions must not be taken in account when deciding about stats.. Opinions is respected when there are properly documented regardless of the seniority of a member in a community. Therefore in this forum it is important to say WHY you Believe something must change and secondary to what value etc.. Mods must explain themselves to the community and other mods, if not then the point of our discussion in moot from the start.

Although I respect the commitment of stu as a contributor in our community I think it is not the fist time that does this or changes stats without posting for example.

We obviously support different teams therefore those acts is more obvious to me than you that support the same team..
Korinov

Postby Korinov » 2013 Mar 18, 19:32

Tsakis wrote:We obviously support different teams therefore those acts is more obvious to me than you that support the same team..

As you can see the conspiracy of Arsenal-hating Chelsea fans grows bigger and bigger each day that passes :)
Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
amine wrote:Spanish vodoo is real. That’s my takeaway from this. When my gran children ask me about it, i’ll tell them about the era of xosé the great
Kerry

Postby Kerry » 2013 Mar 18, 19:56

Tsakis wrote:Actually the way you say it is like when you are new your suggestions must not be taken in account when deciding about stats.. Opinions is respected when there are properly documented regardless of the seniority of a member in a community. Therefore in this forum it is important to say WHY you Believe something must change and secondary to what value etc.. Mods must explain themselves to the community and other mods, if not then the point of our discussion in moot from the start.

I never said anything about all what new members say is complete bullsh*te (I'm not mad btw) and what mods say is the holy word, I said that a new member shouldn't expect thumbs ups from mods if he'd only write numbers without actually giving us a good idea of how he, this new member, understand stats. BigStu is a long-time member and a mod with tons of work to do. He proved for 4 years that he understands what he's doing, so it's okay for him not to explain why he gave this and that. If you're a new member, then you must explain your suggestions so that other members will know how good are you as a statsmaker.

Tsakis wrote:We obviously support different teams therefore those acts is more obvious to me than you that support the same team..

rofl, nice one dude...man...u should be a comedian god damn...dawg ;)
mracho wrote: Well, then he/she was an idiom with a T at the end.

Farés L'arrogante Image
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2013 Mar 18, 20:08

to be fair that was lazy even by my standards, should say a few words at least even if I don't explain everything, ill fix it now
CatDevil
New Contributor

Postby CatDevil » 2013 Aug 05, 14:28

I think CB should be added now. Last season he played a couple of times there quite successfully, and this preseason has played there i'd say in every game as Vermaelen is injured. It seems he will be the 3rd choice CB for a few months.
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2013 Aug 16, 18:39

given a conservative downgrade though I standby the set I posted
Ahmedk
PSD Youth League

Postby Ahmedk » 2013 Aug 21, 12:27

he is better in defence than in attack and when he played as CB he showed good quality and positiong and covering.
i think his defence rating should be bigger than his attack
BigStu
PSD Guru

Postby BigStu » 2013 Aug 21, 12:33

forgot to fix attack when I updated
mat880
Regular Poster

Postby mat880 » 2013 Aug 21, 12:47

by Ahmedk » 2013 Aug 21, 12:27

he is better in defence than in attack and when he played as CB he showed good quality and positiong and covering.

With the French National Team he's better in offensive action than in defensive action, he show a poor defensive level, he's concentrate to make overlapping run and to cross,he forget to come back in the defense and his defensive interventions are very very rare. But his overlapping run and his cross are very dangerous for the defense.
CatDevil
New Contributor

Postby CatDevil » 2013 Aug 25, 15:29

mat880 wrote:
by Ahmedk » 2013 Aug 21, 12:27

With the French National Team he's better in offensive action than in defensive action, he show a poor defensive level, he's concentrate to make overlapping run and to cross,he forget to come back in the defense and his defensive interventions are very very rare. But his overlapping run and his cross are very dangerous for the defense.

Has he played recently for France? I thought Debuchy and Jallet played there for the last 2 years (during the time Sagna has had the two injuries and between).

I think he should have his defence rating near 80, as a CB he's playing brilliantly. Much better than as a RB, where he slows down the pace too much as he has lost a bit of speed and technical touch.
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2013 Aug 25, 18:29

I'm not watching so much the France NT but he was a starter on a last games of them some weeks ago for sure.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
Tsakis
Regular Poster

Postby Tsakis » 2013 Aug 30, 06:48

It is sad to see how people on this site view sagna... He is not good to use in game at either his real life positions.. In game He is mediocre at best at sb(even flamini is better tbh) and unplayable to cb due the lack of position, low defence, bb, etc.. This is funny cause in real life seems good at least (not exceptional as he once was) for most of his games as sb .. True, attacking wise he became slower to react, lost some pace and can't easily pass his man to deliver, but still provides a nice steady cover defensively, runs all day long and help the passing game with his quick short passes. All that is not so relevant with him playing cb Though, and he is brilliant every time he is used there.. A pitty we can't replicate this ingame.. Sagna intercepts and covers like a true cb and wins aerial duels like a boss (despite his height)..
Adrien

Postby Adrien » 2013 Sep 06, 20:15

The TW value is very harsh according to what he show in NT. He's a supportive guy, when he call the ball on the side he do it when his partner front of him have the ball, he give a supportive run. At least a green for me, Konami have him on 75 by the way.
They have eyes but cannot see; they have ears, but cannot hear; they have tongues, but cannot speak. They are like cattle.
cartman_jmc
New Stat Maker

Postby cartman_jmc » 2013 Oct 28, 11:03

vs Crystal Palace
Spoiler: show
CLICK ON SHOW TO SEE THE VIDEOS!
If you have old matches of Cassano, help me out.Post in this thread! http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=27218
Rossa
New Stat Maker

Postby Rossa » 2013 Nov 12, 08:46

His crosses are sublime. How do you replicate that`?
buonnguqua
Former Lurker

Postby buonnguqua » 2014 Mar 18, 01:20

Rossa wrote:His crosses are sublime. How do you replicate that`?

Correct , why Sagna not have Early Cross ?
RasniPantela
Valued Contributor

Postby RasniPantela » 2014 Mar 18, 07:01

Maybe not so supportive in arsenal , (did not watched it much , just few games) , but what i have seen in NT and little of arsenal , teamwork looks higher to me. He is good at supporting his teammates , and he often he opens himself so teammates could pass to him. I dont see that as 72 . 75-76 would be more realistic. When you play with 72 , you just dont see results of him.
Ramindbroken
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby Ramindbroken » 2015 Apr 06, 20:30

Give him green EP, seriously, he looks like a pile of rocks when he has the ball on his feet. He just cant turn.
Oriello

Postby Oriello » 2018 Aug 09, 20:32

Remy Garde has done fine to turn things around, but I don't think this was the move to make, a 35 year old fullback? They needed a striker solution, Mancosu likes missing too much now and the others are too unsatisfactory to get play time, they failed getting Briand as he tried to weasel in last minute upgrades to contract, but Sagna is some sort of solution? Or just knee jerk splash of cash to try and inject something into the team?

Garde has proven me wrong earlier, hope he will do again...at least not at TFCs expense for a playoff spot :P.

Return to “Non-Affiliated”