Emre Belözoğlu

Moderator: Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database

Emre Belözoğlu

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 15, 11:17

Last edited by general suvorov on 2009 Dec 24, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
A-SK

Re: EMRE Belözoğlu

Postby A-SK » 2009 Apr 16, 00:01

This guy has been soo mediocre so far! He has a horrible temper and looks very likely to get booked whenever he helps out with defending. His ball hasnt been *Playmaker material. He hasn't been demonstrating any sort of technique or skills on the ball. On the plus side, he's passed his injury prone period and looks determined to make a difference. I knew his transfer was going to be a waste of money!! :x
Rfuna

Postby Rfuna » 2009 May 27, 00:15

A-SK wrote:This guy has been soo mediocre so far! He has a horrible temper and looks very likely to get booked whenever he helps out with defending. His ball hasnt been *Playmaker material. He hasn't been demonstrating any sort of technique or skills on the ball. On the plus side, he's passed his injury prone period and looks determined to make a difference. I knew his transfer was going to be a waste of money!! :x
sucks to hear this. I nearly broke my PC when I heard he had transfered from Inter. IMO his problem there was that he was assigned too many defensive duties, crippling his attacking game/qualities. I remember once the great Hagi calling him "the most gifted left-footed player" that he had seen. Now look at him :( . Funny things is, Inter could really use a left-footer with his creative genius.
Gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweatin' like a cunt. Don Logan
A-SK

Postby A-SK » 2009 May 27, 02:05

He may not be *Playmaker material, but him and Selcuk look awesome in the midfield. Selcuk makes up for his poor defending and strength and Emre makes up for Selcuk unimaginative passing. Deniz is an ideal sub for Selcuk but Josico and Maldonado don't really have a spot in our team. Josico already resembles a smaller Selcuk so what's the point of having him in the team? Maldonado looks the most comfotable on the ball when compared to Selcuk, Deniz and Josico, but he has no presence in the midfield. Deniz is a bit of a pussy with his passing and is prone to mistakes when the tempo of the game rises, but his build and box-to-box play makes a valuable player in our team. Wow, that was a mouthful! :geek:
Omer

Postby Omer » 2009 May 28, 16:19

Dribble Accuracy: 89 he is amazing
Shot Power: 82 i really dont think he deservs 86 same as Roberto ?? 82 is good enough
Aggression: 77 i think we should put it down because he doesnt go to forward that much
Mentality: 78 74 is too harsh.. it could be 80 too ?

Condition/Fitness: 6
Consistency: 6
he won his condition again he plays great games..
general suvorov

Postby general suvorov » 2009 May 28, 17:22

Omer wrote:Dribble Accuracy: 89 he is amazing
Shot Power: 82 i really dont think he deservs 86 same as Roberto ?? 82 is good enough
Aggression: 77 i think we should put it down because he doesnt go to forward that much
Mentality: 78 74 is too harsh.. it could be 80 too ?

Condition/Fitness: 6
he won his condition again he plays great games..

Let's take a close look at Emre's season stats.
*24 league games scored 1 goal and made 1 assist.
*6 cup games no goals&assists.
*3 Champions League game no goals&assists.

Total performance:
*33 games 1 goal 1 assist excluding NT games and friendlies.

*He played at 1813 minutes in 24 games. Played 90 mins in 13 of them
Average: 75,5 mins per game

Except his pure talent there's no prove that you can justify to give him 89 at this level. We actually consider him as a "playmaker". But what a real playmaker does is he organizes attacks. And he proves it by scoring goals ( not primarly) and making assists (that's what a real playmaker should to)

Let's compare him with Cassio Lincoln:
*23 leage games 8 goals 15 assists
*10 UEFA Cup games 1 goal 6 assists
*4 Cup Games no goals 1 assist

Total performance:
*37 games 9 goals 22 assists

*He played at 1826 mins at 23 league matchs
Average: 79,2 mins per game
(statistics from transfermarkt.de)

That's what a real playmaker does. Emre is gifted but he suffered a lot from injuries after he moved from Inter. He was 65 kgs when he lest Galatasaray 8 years ago now he's 80kgs. He lost his speed and the aim of his legs. He was like Pablo Aimar when he left Galatasaray. He didn't turn matches himself. If we all wouldn't know that he's a pure talent one can say that his passing skills should be lowered as he reflected nothing with them.

You guys claimed that he's assigned too much defensive work, and I actually don't remember him joining attacks that much or beating 2 players in a row. so I think 89 for DA is unrealistic. He can still beat his opponent when he's in one on one but nothing more. Arda has 88 DA and he beats almost everyone he opposed. Sometimes 2 or 3 players in a row. Unless Emre demonstrates such performance better to keep his DA at his current value.

He didn't make any crucial difference like Lincoln did in half season. I don't agree with your suggestions except mentality and shot power and aggression. A. And playmaker star should be removed. I think Ali is right. He's nothing but waste of money.
Omer

Postby Omer » 2009 May 28, 19:45

im talking about emres technical abilites not about his goals or assists thats not his role! its alex role, ugurs role,carlos role,gökhans role... and to score goal is güizas role semihs role.. u know what i mean ? emre is a player who can defend and attack at the same time.. u can compare him with the best midfield players in turkey or europe.. u cant judge him by scoring goals or making asisst thats not his job... his job is to organize attacks from the midfield and help at defending.. there is nothing wrong to raise his DA... i also dont think he is a real playmaker but he can play as a playmaker.. he is not waste of money.. u r both fuckin wrong man, show me a turkish player who plays in NT of turkey and is better then emre.. come on tell me some names ??? dont come to me with ayhan,mehmet topal or baris özbek.. because i would laugh so bad..
general suvorov

Postby general suvorov » 2009 May 28, 20:28

:lol:

read carefully what I wrote. He doesn't take attacking role. If he doesn't take attacking role how would he demonstrat his dribbling skills? Think of the answer of this question first. He's one of the greatest players of our Nt and Fenerbahce maybe in world with his current stats so I think you misunderstood my point or dont wanna understand what I mean.

It's hard to compare a player with another. Every gifted player has its own unique chrachteristics. You said Emre's duty is to organize attacks from the midfield and help at defending. What does a playmaker does then ? Emre does not score he doesn't contribute to team success. (Numbers says so) Then what's his assignment as a player in Fenerbahce? Why he's in Fenerbahce? Showing foot tricks to sell tickets and entertain fans?

You have no solid clue to support your suggestion. Do you honestly believe he's in NT as a result of his performance? If your answer is yes I'm sorry my friend but you're being naive. Remember Kazim Richards and Gokhan Zan also called up to Nt squad even when they don't play regularly on first team.

No one says he's bad player. He's one of the greatest players of Turkey. But currently he's not as good as you imagine. 86 DA-87 tech. Not even arda and Ozer has these values.
Zeta

Postby Zeta » 2009 May 29, 00:48

i really wonder how organizing attacks from the midfield centre and helping team defence can be related to dribbling accuracy, and when did you see him doing those duties by using his dribbling skills?

based on your previous explanations, you could suggest raising his passing, mentality or even defence, so why dribbling? In fact, i think even 86 DA is too high for him. You would agree with that dribbling is a more essential skill for wingers than it is for central midfielders, right? Emre isn't a winger, he doesn't "need to" and "do" get past of his opponents frequently and even world-class midfielders who can (and actually do) play as wingers like Seedorf and Nedved don't have 86 DA.
A-SK

Postby A-SK » 2009 May 29, 01:41

I agree with everything Omer has posted except DA. He's good, just not that good. He can still get the ball knicked off him fairly easily. He keeps the ball extremely close to his and that's mainly due to his technique, not his dribble accuracy. He sort of reminds me of Maldonado whilst in possession of the ball, but obviously he's more brave with his passing. He can twist really in tight situations and that mainly due to his agilty, not DA. He's not that slow on the straights. TS could be raised by 1-2. So should his SP. He has one of the hardest shots in out team but who does he have to compete with :D Roberto, Deivid and Vederson are the only players capable of scoring from distance. Kazim should be ranked higher than him, in terms of SP.
A-SK

Postby A-SK » 2009 Aug 18, 02:21

Emre is truly shapin' up to be a brilliant signing for the club. The first post just doesn't reflect the current Emre at all. Since arriving to the club, he's improved on his workrate, stamina and general fitness big time! He's sort of taking on the role of captain and(IMO) deserve to be wearing the arm band, not Alex. I initially thought he'd be a poor signing because I had been following his progress in England. He really has proven me wrong and for that reason, I take my hat off to you, Emre :D I'd like to see the following changes to be made to the first post:

Position: CM*
According to IMScouting, he can play on the left wing aswell as DM, but we currently have far too many better adapted players in those positions so the chance of him ever playing in those positions is zero to none. I've yet to see him play in those positions for fenerbahce so i doubt anyone will object to him playing as CM only.

Weight: 66

Attack: I've yet to see any sort of positional sense from Emre. He just doesn't seem to demonstrate inteligent positional sense in the opposition half. It's not necessarily a weakness because he's still more than capable of scoring thanks to his shooting ability. 70 is good enough of a value for somone of his playing style.

Defence: To be sitting on a value as low as 52, is truly an insult to Emre, especially when you consider he's CM. The only other central midfielder to be sitting on a value this poor is Kevin Prince Boateng and he'll most likely be updated within the next few days. He may lack in the defensive knowhow, but he often plays in deep position and tries to support the defence as much as Selcuk, Deniz and even Christian. He struggles to regain possession due to the fact that he can't actually slide tackle, but so can't Scholes so i see no reason why Emre should sit on a lower value. 61 is a good value when you consider how poor he is at tacking and etc.

Balance: Truly comparable to Dani Alves. Emre is a very tough tackler and unlike Dani Alves, he doesn't buckle and go to ground after getting nutmegged by players like Uğur Boral. In my eyes, Emre has a very low centre of gravity and is even heavier than Alves so I see no reason why he shouldn't be sitting on similar value to what Alves has. He's definitely stronger than players like Pienaar, Defoe and Wilshere so I see no reason why he shouldn't sit on either 81 or 82.

Stamina: As I mentioned, he seems to have worked on his fitness and injury tollerance and definitely looks like a fitter, healthier, better midfielder. He probably deserved a figure like 82 when he first arrived, but he definitely looks healthier, stronger and more tolerant to injuries. He doesn't deserve to be on par with player like Barry Ferguson, but I see no reason why he can't be on par with players like Fabregas considering he does more back and forth running. 84 is a reasonable value considering how much he seems to exert himself during 90 minutes.

Top Speed: No way on earth is he slower than that fat cunt, Andy Reid! He may look chubby, but he's not slow or sluggish to twist and turn. He doesn't really demonstrate amazing speed on the straights, but 79 is the lowest value I think Emre deserves.

Acceleration: He doesn't really have a great burst of pace, but is quick to charge at people. He's also able to wriggle and burst past his marker. I definitely rate his burst of pace higher than his ability over distance. 80 is a fair value for someone as tiny as Emre.

Response: I don't think he deserves a value like 80. He can't read the game well and struggles to time his tackles. He rarely ever pounces on loose balls aswell. He looks good on the ball, but poor off it. 77 is a good enough value considering how shit he is reading the game.

Agility: Isn't really comparable to Defoe, Joe Cole, Arshavin, Benayoun, Nani or Bellamy so he definitely deserves to be sitting on a value like 85 when you take into account how short and light he is. As i mentioned, he has a really low centre of gravity and holds up the ball well thanks to his agility and strength.

Dribble Speed: Loses abit of speed while dribbling so a value like 78 is more than fitting. He definitely can't outrun anyone while dribbling so it makes sense to lower his DS.

Short Pass Accuracy: Does a good job of retaining possession, but still has a tendancy to lose possession. I definitely don't rate his gorund passes as highly as his crosses so a value like 81 is good enough for Emre.

Short Pass Speed: As is the case, Emre often goes for power rather than precision. He'll often rush his pass, but doesn't struggle to put enough power behind his passes. 82 is good value.

Long Pass Accuracy: His crosses often have a lot spin and power to them rather than accuracy. 82 is more than good enough.

Long Pass Speed: Tends to cross almost as hard as he'd shoot. Not quite as hard, but his crosses seem to arrive from corners and free kicks like shots. 83 is a good a value when take into account how hard Petkovic found it to hold on to his cross/shot.

Shot Accuracy: 74 is far too good of a value for someone who rarely finds the target. A lot of his shots seem to go into the stands so a value like 71 more fitting. He needs a good number of shots before he can even find the back of the net.

Shot Power: Doesn't deserve to be on par with Roberto (IMO). Emre may have scored a reall screamer against Norway, but he definitely doesn't strike the ball any harder than Roberto or Kazim for that matter.

Shot Technique: Emre's shot technique is truly amazing. He seems to be able to pull of shots that some of our players just beg to do. Anyone remember his goal against Denizlispor? That goal on it's own warrants atleast a 78.

Free Kick Accuracy: Tend to go for power and spin rather than accuracy so I think his accuracy should below his power and curling ability. 83 is good enough value.

Technique: I don't rate his first touch as highly as his dribbling ability. His close control of the ball doesn't let him down half as much as his first touch. For that reason, his technique should be about 85 at most.

Aggression: He sort of reminds me of Deco in terms of aggression. He tends to creep forward only to play just outside the opposition box. Deco obviously has a better positional sense so he's able to lose the attention of the opposition defence better than Emre, but that's not the point. Should be on par with Deco

Mentality: Emre's mentality has risen to a point where he's actually one of the best in the team. Even in the previous season, he seemed hardworking, but his lack of fitness restricted his workrate. He'll often charge aggressively at people that've managed to intercept his passes and generally stay busy on the pitch. I don't rate him as highly as Tainio, Anderson, Palacios, or even David Dunn, but he sure is hard working and for that reason, I think he should atleast be on par with players like Lucas Leiva or even Reo-Coker.

Team Work: He's really taken on the role as leader of the pitch. He does a good job of orchestrating the midfield but not enough to warrant the *Playmaking star. He's really settled in the team and reminds me of Alex when he use to play in the midfield. He's nowhere near as individualistic as Arshavin or even Ballack so for that reason, he should sit on atleast 83.

Injury Tolerance: As I said, he's gotten over his injury prone stage of his career and is on the rise. He really is looking awesome right now. B is a very fair figure.
Weak Foot Accuracy: I think he deserve atleast a 5 after managing to hit the post against Sivasspor. He tries hard to stick to his left, but as you can see, he's fairly capable with his right too.
Consistency: Has been a very consistent player since arriving to the club. He may play poorly once in while, but that's just how he plays. He doesn't really have a poor game, just games slightly more worse than others. 6 is a very reasonable figure.

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Likes to stick along the centre of the pitch so he warrants the *Centre star. Rarely ever drifts out to the wings.

To summarise:
Attack: 70
Defence: 61
Balance: 81
Stamina: 84
Top Speed: 79
Acceleration: 80
Response: 77
Agility: 85
Dribble Speed: 78
Short Pass Accuracy: 81
Short Pass Speed: 82
Long Pass Accuracy: 82
Long Pass Speed: 83
Shot Accuracy: 71
Shot Power: 84
Shot Technique: 78
Free Kick Accuracy: 83
Technique: 85
Aggression: 75
Mentality: 83
Teamwork: 83

Injury Tolerance: B
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Centre
Zeta

Postby Zeta » 2009 Aug 18, 19:34

@A-SK

he looks much better than he's in the first post to me, since we have him in our league for more than 1 year now. i would only object to balance, but i would object to some of other player's balances whom you mentioned, too. he uses his agility and technique to keep the ball, and i never saw him charging a player with stronger built than him with his shoulder and won the ball without commiting foul. anything below 80 (and by anything, i mean 78 or 79) would be better imo.
A-SK

Postby A-SK » 2009 Aug 18, 21:21

I don't think he deserves anything less than 80 for balance. He has a strong build and only goes down when a marker tackles him pretty roughly. I don't understand why tiny players like Wilshere and Bellamy deserve 80 and Emre doesn't :?

i never saw him charging a player with stronger built than him with his shoulder and won the ball without commiting foul.

Let me get this straight. If he were to be able to regain possession of the ball without comminting a foul, would that warrant a good value for balance? I can't understand your logic, Zeta.
Zeta

Postby Zeta » 2009 Aug 18, 22:25

A-SK wrote:I don't think he deserves anything less than 80 for balance. He has a strong build and only goes down when a marker tackles him pretty roughly. I don't understand why tiny players like Wilshere and Bellamy deserve 80 and Emre doesn't :?

i never saw him charging a player with stronger built than him with his shoulder and won the ball without commiting foul.

Let me get this straight. If he were to be able to regain possession of the ball without comminting a foul, would that warrant a good value for balance? I can't understand your logic, Zeta.

No it wouldn't warrant anyting, but it would be a good contribution to your case. don't you think balance is an important element in defensive play as it's important in offensive play, too? especially for a central midfielder, it is. while i'm considering Emre's balance or strenght level in general terms, i'm looking to his defensive performance, since he still doesn't do much dribbling. And when he does dribbling, he avoids being tackled with the help of his agility and technique (dribbling tricks). i didn't see him doing shoulder-to-shoulder dribbling along the field for a long time, but if you have an example of that, i'd be glad to reconsider my impressions.
A-SK

Postby A-SK » 2009 Aug 18, 23:01

Emre is a very rough tackler. He goes into tackles with his entire body weight and can knock over people Semih's height. In comparison to some of the players i've mentioned, Emre isn't any weaker. You have to admit that. Emre hasn't struggled to addapt to the physical side of the Turkish league. No one considers him weak.
Zeta

Postby Zeta » 2009 Aug 19, 00:13

i don't see how tackling depends on strenght, keeping in mind that Emre is not a proven tackler (in my book, koray avcı, suat kaya, or at least okan buruk were good tacklers). even someone with 70 balance can tackle down a player with 90 balance in game (and in real life with players who have respecing physical attiributtes).

i know Emre is not a weak midfielder for his size as i know 78 (or 79) isn't a low value in Turkish SL standards considering other midfielders with similar built. in fact, Epl players (like the ones you mentioned) have considerably higher balance values than any other league's (C. Tevez having 86 balance for ex.). i think we should use Bundesliga players when it comes to comparing datas.
A-SK

Postby A-SK » 2009 Aug 19, 01:41

Zeta, no offence, but using the German as a comparison to our league is just a stupid idea (IMO). I can't think of a league similar to our own, but I'm guessing you watch quite a bit of German football to even consider the idea that both leagues are similar. You strike me as a typical Turkish football follower :D Addore football, but German league in particular for some stupid reason :lol: Anyway, i'm drifting off-topic. It's a well known fact that balance effects the sheer intensity of the tackle. It's been tested and is even used as a basis when rating touch tackling midfielders. Why do you think Mascherano has 82 for balance? Let me give a clue: It's not because he can hold off people ;) He's a tough tackler and that's exactly what Emre is aswell. I'm guessing both you and suvorov didn't know this, but now you do so please don't object the idea of Emre being a strong tackler, because he is! Emre is a typical Turk and loves his bone braking tackles! The lowest value I'd be willing to give him is 80. Players like Stephen Ireland use their strength to shield the ball, but Emre uses it to barge people off the ball. For that reason alone, he should sit atleast above Ireland.
PMC

Postby PMC » 2009 Aug 19, 02:45

To compare the german league with the turkish one seems quite logical considering that quite a few turks play in the Bundesliga and vice versa. You should also keep in mind that the turks and germans have some sort of bond now as there are many turks living in Germany.
I'm against you
A-SK

Postby A-SK » 2009 Aug 19, 02:59

It's come to my attention that my comment below might have offend a few people :oops:
Addore football, but German league in particular for some stupid reason

I had no intention on insulting the German league. I just can't understand why Turkish people adore German football soo much :? I enjoy watching football all over the world. I love South American leagues in particular, but don't limit myself to just those leagues. I know plenty of Turkish people who seems obsess over the German, annoying (IMO), but what can you do? :D
Zeta

Postby Zeta » 2009 Aug 19, 09:01

well, to be clear, i don't adore german football particularly (although it's quite ok), but i believe bundesliga section of the forum is more realistic and well balanced in comparison to others. that's why i'm not suggesting better values for Fabian Ernst for example, since he should have like 87 balance with your standards.

now, there are two things i can't understand about your arguments,

1. by "tackling" , you mean tackling the ball, don't you? i mean, objective is to hit the ball, not the opponent. otherwise you'd commit a foul (so much for the bone crushing). so, once again, can you tell me how emre's aggresively diving to the ball has something to do with his strenght? (PMC may be you can explain that to me?)

2. and, when it comes to tacklling, Emre is hardly the "ball stealer" that comes into minds as he's a technical oriented central midfielder. Emre might has the "attitude", will to fight and determination or something, but he has also certain physical limitations. i simply can't see Emre (1.71, 66 - as you claim) being stronger than similar midfield playmakers like Selçuk İnan (1.84, 74), Sezer Badur (1.81, 78), Ayhan Akman (1.73, 68), Rodrigo Tello (1.69, 72). (those are all below 80 bb for now)

You gave the Machareno as example, but keep in mind that Machareno is heavier and taller player, he's also a pure warrior type defensive midfielder. i'm guessing playing in Liverpool also helps. (that's why i am trying not to compare Epl players to ours)

anyway, i say 79, you say 80 at least. there's no big difference. but my point is there's no such thing like "strong tackler". either you tackle and win the ball (you will be a good defender), or you can't win the ball and commit foul. anyone (even serdar özkan with his low-70s balance) can commit fouls. it's not like Emre is a Gattuso-type dmc with good opponent-crippling-but-clean tackles.

Return to “Medipol Başakşehir”