André Santos

Moderator: Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

André Santos

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 18:43

Last edited by A-SK on 2010 Mar 12, 02:56, edited 4 times in total.
arshpreet

Re: ANDRÉ SANTOS, Corinthians SC

Postby arshpreet » 2008 Dec 19, 21:10

I'm a Corinthians fan here from Brazil, well he's not a so good on air. Jumping and heading don't need to be sooooo big, and he's better on short passes and free kicks
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2008 Dec 19, 23:15

arshpreet wrote:I'm a Corinthians fan here from Brazil, well he's not a so good on air. Jumping and heading don't need to be sooooo big, and he's better on short passes and free kicks

Done 8-)
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2008 Dec 19, 23:49

more brazilians 8-)
I'm against you
rotchild
New Stat Maker

Postby rotchild » 2008 Dec 20, 05:21

Another example of a player who hasn't proved anything against Serie A teams... seriously. With these numbers, he's good enough to be on the Brazilian National Team. Well, he's not that good. Don't get me wrong, he played a fine Serie B for Corinthians. But that doesn't qualify him to have these high stats. At least, not just yet... ;)
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2008 Dec 20, 09:01

rotchild wrote:Another example of a player who hasn't proved anything against Serie A teams... seriously. With these numbers, he's good enough to be on the Brazilian National Team. Well, he's not that good. Don't get me wrong, he played a fine Serie B for Corinthians. But that doesn't qualify him to have these high stats. At least, not just yet... ;)

Man you do watch this guy right? Do you seriously think I should lower every value because he plays in the second division? Don't forget their team promote a lot of weeks before the end and kicked ass there, if you check the other forum you'll see that are people who agree with my stats and honestly I've heard people say he's the best LB in Brazil ATM.
And I don't think his stats are THAT good.. he's just a great dribbler and crosser and scores a huge amount of goals for a sideback.
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
rotchild
New Stat Maker

Postby rotchild » 2008 Dec 20, 11:18

RB7 wrote:Man you do watch this guy right?

Yes, I do.

RB7 wrote:Do you seriously think I should lower every value because he plays in the second division?

Yes, I do. Of course, not only because of that, but also because he was overrated, and you already reduced it (I don't remember every single one of his stats, but I can see you gave him a downgrade), which shows that you were kind of "second-guessing" his stats, so thank you for doing the right thing. ;)

RB7 wrote:Don't forget their team promote a lot of weeks before the end and kicked ass there,

That doesn't matter. Take Juve in Serie B in the 2006-2007 season for example. Their "proved" Serie A players (which stood with the team during relegation) like Nedved, Del Piero and Trézéguet haven't had their stats reduced, but NEITHER their "not yet proved" players, like Chiellini or Palladino had their stats boosted up, until they proved that they could compete in the Serie A.... Chiellini proved... Palladino not quite... André Santos... we still don't know. There are only a few Corinthians players that had proved themselves in Serie A action, whom deserves their good set of stats, some of them even better:

Felipe (GK): maybe if his teammates had contributed just a little bit, and maybe if Corinthians didn't had Betão (today at Dynamo Kiev) playing so poorly in 2007, Corinthians maybe wouldn't have been relegated. Felipe is a great goalkeeper and I think some of his stats are underrated.

William (CB and Team Captain): Had a good, solid season with Grêmio under the same head coach, Mano Menezes.

Morais and Douglas (AM's): especially Douglas, who had already proven with a small team (São Caetano) that he can play big games against big teams.

Ronaldo: kinda goes without saying here, ALTOUGH as he had't seen ANY action in quite some time, which makes him another special case of "waiting and seeing".

André Santos, on the opposite of those, had poor Serie A spells with Figueirense, Flamengo, Atlético-MG and Figueirense again, so...

RB7 wrote:if you check the other forum you'll see that are people who agree with my stats and honestly I've heard people say he's the best LB in Brazil ATM.

Whoa. First of all, this is nothing personal against your stats, in any way. So don't take it that way, ok? Second of all, you just gotta be aware if the people who told you that he is the best LB in Brazil aren't "biased" Corinthians fans, man. :roll: No disrespect to them, but Corinthians fans have a tendency to think that their players are the best in the world, period. You should see the fuzz about Ronaldo here on Brazil, dude. If it depended on Corinthians fans, the guy would still have 97 for Attack. :lol:
About LB's, it's really unfair to say that André Santos is the best in the country. There's plenty of others that had a great season, and are in the same level of him, some even better: Juan (Flamengo), Jorge Wagner (São Paulo), Anderson Pico (Grêmio), Leandro (Palmeiras). Not to mention brazilian LB's that are playing ok in Europe, but are not called up to The National Team (maybe because the coach is a proven complete idiot): Fábio Aurélio (Liverpool) and Maxwell (Inter). The idiot prefers to call up Kléber (Santos), which was a great LB a year or two ago, but has been in a slump for more than a half-season now, even himself recognizing it, asking Dunga (the idiot) NOT TO CALL HIM UP to the NT ( unbeliavable, but true :shock:), because he was in a bad streak. Guess what? The idiot kept calling him, so...

RB7 wrote:And I don't think his stats are THAT good.. he's just a great dribbler and crosser and scores a huge amount of goals for a sideback.

Yes. Now that you've downgraded him, he is. I'm glad we agree on this. :)
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2008 Dec 20, 11:37

I lowered some stuff because he was overrated in one or two aspects not because he plays in the second division.. that's no reason to decrese stats.

About Felipe everyone made me drop his stats so telling me they should be better ain't working now :lol:

And well Dunga isn't a wise guy sometimes :lol:
Anyways thanks for your opinion, that's how you get accurate stats ;)
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
rotchild
New Stat Maker

Postby rotchild » 2008 Dec 20, 12:00

RB7 wrote:I lowered some stuff because he was overrated in one or two aspects not because he plays in the second division.. that's no reason to decrese stats.

I didn't said that. I said that his stats should be decreased because they were just a little overrated, IMO ;)

RB7 wrote:About Felipe everyone made me drop his stats so telling me they should be better ain't working now :lol:

Well, that's why I said you shouldn't listen to biased Corinthians fans. In one day, he's the world's best keeper. The next day, he's crap...

RB7 wrote:And well Dunga isn't a wise guy sometimes :lol:

More like, all the time :lol:

RB7 wrote:Anyways thanks for your opinion, that's how you get accurate stats ;)

Sure mate! :D
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2008 Dec 20, 12:44

Well Felipe is great most of the times.
Dunga must win the Worst Manager of the Last Years in Brazil award :D
Even though you kicked our asses really but we have done that before too so I think it's even :lol:
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
rotchild
New Stat Maker

Postby rotchild » 2008 Dec 20, 21:11

What, you mean Brazil 6x2 Portugal?! C'mon man, you can't consider a friendly match as an "ass-kicking". IMO, you can only ass-kick in WC Qualifiers and WC's itself... ;) And besides, do you really think Dunga's job is a difficult one? Brazil's got enough good players to assemble 3 or 4 National Teams and be competitive with all 4. The guy's so stupid, that he prefers to call up Adriano, who sometimes doesn't even make it with Mourinho's benchwarmers, instead of calling Amauri, who's been scoring goals in bunches. And now Amauri is going to play for Italy... it's depressing :cry:
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2008 Dec 20, 21:21

rotchild wrote:What, you mean Brazil 6x2 Portugal?! C'mon man, you can't consider a friendly match as an "ass-kicking". IMO, you can only ass-kick in WC Qualifiers and WC's itself... ;) And besides, do you really think Dunga's job is a difficult one? Brazil's got enough good players to assemble 3 or 4 National Teams and be competitive with all 4. The guy's so stupid, that he prefers to call up Adriano, who sometimes doesn't even make it with Mourinho's benchwarmers, instead of calling Amauri, who's been scoring goals in bunches. And now Amauri is going to play for Italy... it's depressing :cry:

:lol:
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
MASTER_W11

Postby MASTER_W11 » 2009 Jan 05, 14:32

I'm not so sure about the *Dribbling.

André Santos do some decent feints but he doesn't prefer dribbling instead of passing. Most of his attack appearences are in one-two plays, not dribbling past 2 or 3 players.

His shooting accuracy deserves like 76/77 IMO, as this is a stat that doesn't depend on which division the guy is playing. And who watched him playin at Copa do Brasil knows he's been one of the best players of the tournament. He scored some goals this season, and 71 isn't gonna make him score, as he plays as a defender.

Now let's wait him play more 1st div. games to confirm the other stats.

Cheers
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2009 Jan 05, 14:53

what are his numbers and what would you suggest? there's rarely a defender with his scoring stats in the green area... you have to consider that he'd be pretty much rated like a winger PLUS the defending aspect which would make him even very complete
I'm against you
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2009 Jan 05, 15:21

He deserves dribbling IMO and about SA 71 is a big number for a SB already.. he's no striker.
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
brunnoce
New Stat Maker

Postby brunnoce » 2009 Jan 05, 17:32

RB7 wrote:He deserves dribbling IMO and about SA 71 is a big number for a SB already.. he's no striker.

RB7, how many games have u seen him playing last year?
im just asking cause maybe ure basing your analisys on his past teams performances...(i know that with atletico, although he didnt do so well, he did go foward with the ball a lot, trying to drible people, usually unsucefull though)
on corinthians, from the games a saw(i must confess it wasnt that many) i could notice what MASTER said about the way he comes foward...its usually on triangular plays(1-2) , i didnt notice him dribling people to get foward.
MASTER_W11

Postby MASTER_W11 » 2009 Jan 05, 17:39

PMC wrote:what are his numbers and what would you suggest? there's rarely a defender with his scoring stats in the green area... you have to consider that he'd be pretty much rated like a winger PLUS the defending aspect which would make him even very complete

He has scored 18 goals in 2008 (according to Corinthians official Site)

Probably 1 or 2 from penalty kick and like 2 or 3 from FK.

As you may know, most sidebacks here in Brazil are like wingers, have much more attacking than defending qualities, and André Santos is no different.

I suggest 77 SA. Look for his videos, you'll see how he can score. He is not a striker and can score that amount in a season.

RB7 wrote:He deserves dribbling IMO and about SA 71 is a big number for a SB already.. he's no striker.

What are your reasons? I've given mine.
How many times have you watched him playing this year?

I can tell I've watched like 95% of his games in 2008, and I know what I'm talking about.

Dribbling IMO is for players who PREFER dribbling than passing, and that's not the case with André. He likes to pass the ball and run behind the defence, not run past the defenders.

So, please, give me the reasons why you think that, not just come saying what you guess to be right without any basis.
PMC
PSD Guru

Postby PMC » 2009 Jan 05, 18:34

interesting discussion...

he did score 18 goals in one year? :shock:
I'm against you
MASTER_W11

Postby MASTER_W11 » 2009 Jan 05, 19:49

PMC wrote:interesting discussion...

he did score 18 goals in one year? :shock:

http://www.corinthians.com.br/site/fute ... .asp?id=14
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/André_Clarindo_dos_Santos
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2009 Jan 05, 20:38

Sorry for not justifiying my opinion but here it goes:

I have a friend that is a Corinthians fans and I did follow most of Corinthians last season and I know how offensive he is and how amazing his is shot placement but really, I don't think he scored that much in all his previous teams did he?
And about dribbling, I think he should get not because he doesn't pass but just to make him dribble more often, that doesn't mean he's a dribbler but I think he does it often enough to get that star :)
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL

Return to “Non-Affiliated”