PES 2020 - New Attributes Speculation/Discussion

Moderator: Mod's

Forum rules
FalseNine_
New Contributor

PES 2020 - New Attributes Speculation/Discussion

Postby FalseNine_ » 2019 Jul 13, 05:46

I think the first thing worth noting here is that Explosive Power has been renamed to Acceleration, which all but confirms my growing suspicion that EP should be rated purely as acceleration from PES 2014 onwards (though I've only played 2019). From my experience explosive power does have an effect an a players agility though, but the fox engine is "sophisticated" enough to use the actual build of a player as a determining factor of a players physical attributes in a way the the PES games of old werent .. i.e. a player with high-ish Acceleration/EP like Gareth Bale doesn't feel particularly agile in game, so for the most post high acceleration/low agility players are replicable, though there are notable exceptions as many players of this mould aren't necessarily big..

There is an off chance that the attribute itself was renamed because it functions completely differently in pes 2020, but in all honesty I think that is unlikely.

Tight Possession is now a new attribute distinct from Dribbling, I like the sound of this change alot; at first glance control seems to essentially be an equivalent of the old DA, but a more literal interpretation could imply that agility is also a factor..

This also helps emulate typically effective dribblers who don't necessarily have the best DA in PES terms (Douglas Costa and Mbappé come to mind), I'd imagine that the dribbling attribute as it will be could be rated similarly to the old DA

I don't have much to say about the Goalkeeping/GK Awareness rename because I haven't quite figured out all the new gen goalkeeper attributes yet.

Aggression looks like it's a defensive attribute (unlike the aggression of old), if I had to hazard a guess, it make function similarly to how Response did for defenders.

I didn't include this in the screenshot but there's also a new player skill called "Through Passing"

Dinho16
New Contributor

Re: PES 2020 - New Attributes Speculation/Discussion

Postby Dinho16 » 2019 Jul 18, 12:00

https://youtu.be/3B-H43SyA8k
This is Pes 2020 lewandowski stats.

Thiago alcantara https://youtu.be/IEWas7fVbfk
LiamwPk
New Stat Maker

Postby LiamwPk » 2019 Aug 01, 06:23

FalseNine_ wrote:I didn't include this in the screenshot but there's also a new player skill called "Through Passing"

In addition to this, seems like they have renamed 'Malicia' to 'Gamesmanship' and 'Long Range Shooting.' Not sure how the latter differs from 'Long Range Drive' as both are still in the game.
FalseNine_
New Contributor

Postby FalseNine_ » 2019 Aug 02, 01:24

LiamwPk wrote:
FalseNine_ wrote:I didn't include this in the screenshot but there's also a new player skill called "Through Passing"

In addition to this, seems like they have renamed 'Malicia' to 'Gamesmanship' and 'Long Range Shooting.' Not sure how the latter differs from 'Long Range Drive' as both are still in the game.

As far as I understand it, long range drive specifically allows the played to perform long range curling shots. I'd assume that long range shooting just improves the general accuracy of long shots.
Dinho16
New Contributor

Postby Dinho16 » 2019 Aug 05, 19:55

I feel like its a good idea to add tight possesion in your systeme but to conserve exactely the same stats than dribbling accuracy and about dribbling you can do a combinaison betwenn old gen dribbling accuracy and dribbling speed or maybe just put the simular dribling than konami even better with this legendary PSD signature of course.
tomitos
New Stat Maker

Postby tomitos » 2019 Aug 07, 14:15

Surely several already knew, but for those who don't, the stats of PES 2020 are now available at pesmaster.com
royvd
Regular Poster

Postby royvd » 2019 Sep 12, 14:13

Anyone tested the new TC (Tight Control) vs. DA already? Reading the description it indeed seems that TC is now the stat which we previously used as DA and that DA is now for high speed dribbling. Interested to see if this indeed is the case and how that would affect new ratings.
AdAc
New Stat Maker

Postby AdAc » 2019 Sep 12, 20:38

royvd wrote:Reading the description it indeed seems that TC is now the stat which we previously used as DA and that DA is now for high speed dribbling. Interested to see if this indeed is the case and how that would affect new ratings.

Yes, reading the descriptions it seems like that but looking at default values I am not so sure anymore
royvd
Regular Poster

Postby royvd » 2019 Sep 13, 17:27

AdAc wrote:
royvd wrote:Reading the description it indeed seems that TC is now the stat which we previously used as DA and that DA is now for high speed dribbling. Interested to see if this indeed is the case and how that would affect new ratings.

Yes, reading the descriptions it seems like that but looking at default values I am not so sure anymore

Agree, this is my worry too. Fast, non technical players sometimes have very high TC values whereas I would expect them to be with slower, technical midfielders for example (Iniesta/Pirlo type of players so to speak)..

EDIT: I've scrolled to much more player stats now and have some general findings:
- many players have quite similar DA/TC stats
- pacey wingers not known for their technical skills tend to have high TC values (often higher than DA)
- non-wingers with higher TC values than DA are not that easy to find but they seem to be tall/sluggish but quality midfielders e.g. Sergio Busquets, Daniele De Rossi, Steven Nzonzi --> guys who can play possession football
- shorter players like Iniesta, Modric have high values for both
- tall technical forwards not always get high TC values e.g. Giroud or Lewandowski have 67 and 73 respectively whilst a player like Dzeko has 83. Duvan Zapata, a player mostly abusing his physique and not known for his good touch scores 82 as well

I'm not sure what this means now as the ratings Konami has given players is certainly not consistent (no surprise there). My feeling now is that Konami's description is correct and that TC now basically replaces the values that we've previously used under DA. This means Konami has misrated many pacey wingers but this tends to be a general error Konami (and EA for that sake) make by giving high dribbling and technical values to players who mostly use pace to beat defenders. Has anyone tested some extreme values by any chance as to confirm or counter my hypothesis?
LaitP
PSD Youth League

Postby LaitP » 2019 Sep 14, 10:41

Tested with two players.
One with 99 at Dribbling and 40 at Tight Possession. He was heavy but good at dribbling when holding the R1 button as the ball was close to his leg.
The other one with 40 at dribbling and 99 at Tight Possession was light and had faster turns compared to the other player but was bad when holding the R1 button as the ball was easy to intercept.
AdAc
New Stat Maker

Postby AdAc » 2019 Sep 14, 11:00

Thanks

So it's not as the descriptions say; it's much more like default values say
LaitP
PSD Youth League

Postby LaitP » 2019 Sep 14, 11:14

How do you rate balance nowdays? I know that physical contact is the old balance, but what about balance? Is it the old Agility?
AdAc
New Stat Maker

Postby AdAc » 2019 Sep 14, 11:20

LaitP wrote:How do you rate balance nowdays? I know that physical contact is the old balance, but what about balance? Is it the old Agility?

Body control
LaitP
PSD Youth League

Postby LaitP » 2019 Sep 14, 11:21

AdAc wrote:
LaitP wrote:How do you rate balance nowdays? I know that physical contact is the old balance, but what about balance? Is it the old Agility?

Body control

So is it a standalone attribute? Meaning that it's different than the old Agility?
Last edited by LaitP on 2019 Sep 14, 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
LaitP
PSD Youth League

Postby LaitP » 2019 Sep 14, 11:24

Messi with 99 at DA and TP seems faster than Dembele for example when running despite the fact that Dembele has higher top speed than Messi (91 - 80). Messi can turn faster as well.
AdAc
New Stat Maker

Postby AdAc » 2019 Sep 14, 12:37

LaitP wrote:So is it a standalone attribute? Meaning that it's different than the old Agility?

Agility parameter Is not present anymore since years

It's most similar parameter is acceleration
Suji
New Stat Maker

Postby Suji » 2019 Sep 21, 16:44

Hey guys, what if KONAMI fucked up by swapping the names of the stats? What if the new TC is the old DS ( totally contradicting acc. to the name ) and the Dribbling stat is the old DA? ( again contradicting the name )
It's just a thought but trying it won't harm.
AdAc
New Stat Maker

Postby AdAc » 2019 Sep 21, 17:02

Suji wrote:Hey guys, what if KONAMI fucked up by swapping the names of the stats? What if the new TC is the old DS ( totally contradicting acc. to the name ) and the Dribbling stat is the old DA? ( again contradicting the name )
It's just a thought but trying it won't harm.

This is definitely my idea

Wrong names and/or descriptions for the stats
Suji
New Stat Maker

Postby Suji » 2019 Sep 21, 18:04

I would've loved to test this theory but I only play PES 17 right now.
vialli82
New Stat Maker

Postby vialli82 » 2019 Sep 24, 00:04

Just for saying, don't check at some high values in TP for players with high speed values.
The editor tools says clearly that speedster should have a lower value in Tight Possession. Except for the already mentionned things when you check the value two more things:

Well, it should be higher rated for players who cancontrol in tight space, nothing new.
Also, said that it should be higher for players who doesn't loose often the ball can dribble through opposition.
But, it says that it should be higher for skilled midf-filder, and lower for fast winger...

Which is not the case > bad editors simply. So, it depends on which editor are rating the players. They've got limitations, but still have a certain freedom of ratings, regarding some overall. You can compare the rank in Pes as the balls in Myclub, from 65 to 69, 70 to 74 etc.
And if there isn't any players over 94, that's a certain rule from Konami which doesn't allow more than 94, except for two or three legend who can reach 99 on Featured Playes, or perhaps even on Myclub traingin (I think only Maradona and Zidane can reach 99, Messi i don't know but i think it's 98)

Return to “Attributes analysed and explained”