Moderator: Mod's

Forum rules
FalseNine_
PSD Youth League

Converting PES Stats Into Football Manager Stats

Postby FalseNine_ » 2019 Jul 25, 19:57

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1099Cdk7J6ZfEgyT93OkDg6ZslKSP-jJg

Hello,

For the past year or so I've been working on and off on an adequate conversion Tool/Spreadsheet for PES Stats to FM Stats. The process for converting each attribute can essentially be boiled down to two parts; Using a formula to calculate the desired attribute, and then applying that number to the 1-20 FM Scale.

Certain attributes correspond with each other directly and dont require any intricate formulas (.i.e. Top Speed = Pace, Stamina = Stamina, Acceleration = Acceleration etc...) . But some do not have a direct counterpart, for these a formula is used that takes into account the relevant attributes as well as in some cases the players position(s), stars and/or player index cards (2011 format)..

For example.. the formula for crossing is (LPA*.8+LPS*.2), but this only applies to wide players and players that can play in wide positions. for players that can play in central attacking positions the formula is ((LPA*.8+LPS*.2)*.9), and for players than can only play in central defensive positions the formula is ((LPA*.8+LPS*.2)*.8).

Most of the mental attribute formulas are more complex and multi-layered than this, but the crossing formula is a good example of the general process.

there are number of ways that various attributes are then scaled for the 1-20 FM format.. the standard scaling is.

95-99= 20
92-94= 19
90-91= 18
87-89= 17
85-86= 16
82-84= 15
80-81= 14
77-79= 13
75-76= 12
72-74= 11
70-71= 10
67-69= 9
65-66= 8
62-64= 7
60-61= 6
57-59= 5
55-56= 4
52-54= 3
50-51= 2
47-49= 1
0-46= 0

this applies to: Crossing, Finishing, First Touch, Heading, Long Shots, Passing, Penalty Taking, Tackling, Technique, Aggression, Anticipation, Bravery, Composure, Concentration, Decisions, Determination, Vision, Team Work, Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Jumping Reach, Natural Fitness, Pace, Stamina and Strength.

There is another method of scaling that is identical to the one above from 77 upwards, but scales down more harshly from that point downwards.

this applies to: Corners, Dribbling, Free Kicks, Flair, Work Rate and Jumping Reach. this is to correspond with the general pattern in how low these attributes are rated in FM on the lower end of the spectrum.

The defensive attributes (Marking, Tackling and Positioning) are scaled completely differently, as is Off the Ball. this corresponds with how Att and Def are scaled more drastically in PES.

Last edited by FalseNine_ on 2020 Mar 31, 23:20, edited 13 times in total.
FalseNine_
PSD Youth League

Re: Converting PES Stats Into Football Manager Stats

Postby FalseNine_ » 2020 Feb 15, 17:00

petreleo wrote:
petreleo wrote:Hi. Another thing I found is that Christos Wheeler (APOEL Player: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=35233&start=20#p605437) gets zero for Off the Ball when I add him Overlapping Run.
What do you think is the problem?

Adding to the above, I have made another observation that I usually get relatively low numbers for Corners (many players have 5 at Corners). I don't know why they are so low, but even players who were meant to be great at Corners have 11-12 max.

Usually that would be a result of low Curve, but I havent really looked at the corners formula properly for a while tbh, I'm open to adjusting it.
petreleo
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby petreleo » 2020 Feb 21, 01:50

FalseNine_ wrote:hmm, I dont actually know :/ , would you mind sending me your version of the spreadsheet so I could see what would be causing it?

FalseNine_ wrote:Usually that would be a result of low Curve, but I havent really looked at the corners formula properly for a while tbh, I'm open to adjusting it.

Regarding Corners, if you want I think it would be good if you can adjust the formula a bit so that it would be easier for players to have more than 5, which many players are getting at the moment (even some decent at corner-kicks).

As for the "zero" at Off the Ball when I add the Overlapping Run, I would like to try in at a newer version of the Convertor, if you can upload it as soon as possible, and then I will come back and tell you whether I am still experiencing this problem or not.
petreleo
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby petreleo » 2020 Apr 04, 03:33

Great work about the 12th draft that you have uploaded in the thread in the last few days!
I will try it in the next few days and come back with any comments if needed.
Just a question for now, I have seen that you have added "★" regarding the positions. So we cut-paste it to the registered-position of each player? Does the "A-B" system continue to work also at the same time, and how?

Return to “Attributes analysed and explained”