Ibrahima Konaté

Moderators: Eternal Night, Albo7, KeyserSoze, Major general Woof, Akephalos, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Ibrahima Konaté

Postby PES Stats Database » 2019 Jan 10, 07:01

Oklahomastate010

Re: Ibrahima Konaté

Postby Oklahomastate010 » 2019 Feb 24, 17:20

So I added him about a month ago and still like the base of it. Taking time now to revisit and leave a little note on him. Really big and strong French CB who is pretty comfortable firing long balls, which is a mold of young French defender we keep seeing in the Bundesliga! He is fairly aggressive to press and keep with his man when he check back to find the ball. Stiff, but not as bad as a few of his teammates of equal size. He has a pretty good ceiling, but I still rate as having a lower ceiling than Zagadou, Upamecano, and maybe Mukiele in the Bundesliga. Will probably be a very solid player, but not overly flashy. A big guy that minimizes opponents opportunities and calms from the back, which is what a CB should really boil down to
Oklahomastate010

Postby Oklahomastate010 » 2019 May 26, 21:12

Follow up note on him. He had a really good first season and will probably be deserving a few tweaks from what I was seeing. First, is he’s one of the better defenders in the league already and I think is pushing 80+ for defense and sometimes showing higher response, but not sure to what consistency. He’s also potentially even more bb already. He’s huge and uses his body very well to bully opposition. Responsive and aggressive as a defender that can step in and intercept a lot of balls early. I like him more and more and it seems he’s getting the attention he deserves now. Finally, likely better header.
Akephalos

Postby Akephalos » 2019 May 27, 14:27

Oklahomastate010 wrote:Follow up note on him. He had a really good first season and will probably be deserving a few tweaks from what I was seeing. First, is he’s one of the better defenders in the league already and I think is pushing 80+ for defense and sometimes showing higher response, but not sure to what consistency. He’s also potentially even more bb already. He’s huge and uses his body very well to bully opposition. Responsive and aggressive as a defender that can step in and intercept a lot of balls early. I like him more and more and it seems he’s getting the attention he deserves now. Finally, likely better header.

agree with everything you said. I would add the he also physically is insane, he is very fast, strong and responsive (like you said before). At this point I think he needs much higher ACC too. He is super solid in 1vs1 situation and tends to resolve everyplay with calm as he is smart enough to know he only needs accelerate and use his body to win the ball or in a hard situation he can tacle or slide. What is more valuable about him is that against Lewandowski he had moments of great presence on him, moments when he shut down Lewa, winning almost every duel on him.

If I would need to throw numbers, I would say DEF at least on 82 and Response on mid 80's.
You might have been a fancyman in Heaven, but down here you are nothing next to Axe!
Akephalos

Postby Akephalos » 2019 Jun 12, 18:26

Well, I made some changes for Konaté, he is indeed one of the best defensers in the league and this last season he had some valuable moments. The fact he crowned with Leipzig a UCL spot and showed so to be even more solid than a lot of more experienced defenders in Bundesliga makes me think he will just improve and improve each season. The level of presence he has on every opponent CF is just insane, he is very smart to use his body and recover the ball and he knows the exact moments on when to intercept or tackle, the timing is actually very impressive on him. He used to won every duel thanks to his insane physical power. I was really surprised how complete he is being so young, he still needs to improve his aerial game, but then he has it all to be become even better.
You might have been a fancyman in Heaven, but down here you are nothing next to Axe!
reQ

Postby reQ » 2019 Jun 13, 13:26

Why so conservative with BB? He has easily +90. When it comes to tackling he is more the demolisher than a smart defender.
Akephalos

Postby Akephalos » 2019 Jun 13, 13:55

reQ wrote:Why so conservative with BB? He has easily +90. When it comes to tackling he is more the demolisher than a smart defender.

Yeah could be. He never had problems against guys like Gómez or Weghorst and he is very very dominant against any player in Bundesliga.

I think Konaté's ablity as a defender not only as tackler is among the best in Bundesliga, his timing is just amazing and how he pokes away the ball away from any opponent by just anticipating and how agrresive he is to intercept and recover the ball is very remarkable.

Return to “RB Leipzig”