Moderators: BigStu, anOKguy, Jez, Brahms, Phil, Welbeck19, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Rui Patrício

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 14:04

OLD DESCRIPTION & VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show
''Goalkeeper Rui Patricio made a spectacular debut for Sporting on 19 November 2006, in the traditionally difficult away trip at Maritimo in the Portuguese Liga. Deputising for the injured Ricardo, Sporting were under pressure as they desperately defended a one-goal lead. With 15 minutes remaining Patricio produced a magnificent penalty save to guarantee all three points for his team.

After such an auspicious start to his professional career, and subsequently shining in the World Youth Cup held in Canada in the summer of 2007, Patricio could justifiably have expected a taste of first-team action the following season at Sporting.

But surely the young stopper, touted as Portugal’s future custodian between the posts, could not have expected to become an automatic starter early in the 2007/08 season, lining up in the Champions League at venues such as Old Trafford.

After all, Sporting had recently spent two million euros to contract Serbian international goalkeeper Vladimir Stojkovic, but ongoing friction between the new recruit and head coach Paulo Bento soon consigned the Serb to a season of bench-warming.

Great expectations

Enter Patricio, who Sporting fans, further wooed by impressive displays in pre-season friendlies, were hoping would step seamlessly into the void left by departing Portugal number one, Ricardo.

It did not quite turn out that way. Patricio interspersed several excellent performances, most notably in the Uefa Cup run to the quarter-finals, with other distinctly average ones.

Nobody doubts that the big and brave lad hailing from the small town of Marrazes in the centre of Portugal is a fine shot-stopper. But his Achilles’ heel has proved to be his uncertainty when coming for crosses, allied to a lack of concentration which cost several goals. Were it not for Bento and Stojkovic having fallen out irreparably he would surely have spent a spell on the sidelines.

Nevertheless, for one reason or another Bento stuck with Patricio, and credit has to be given to the youngster for withstanding heavy criticism and showing commendable fortitude to finish the season back on song.

International reward

A first full season in professional football at the highest level was capped when Luiz Felipe Scolari selected Patricio, still only 20 years old, in the Portugal squad for Euro 2008.

With invaluable experience learned from his rookie year, Sporting and Portugal fans will be hoping the promising player can iron out the rough edges to add to the impressive list of home-grown talent nurtured at the Lisbon club's famed academy. ''

Some of the saves of Rui Patrício
[spoiler]

0:48 - 1:20 - 2:15 - 2:29

[/spoiler]

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Dec 22, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.
Rogatto27
New Stat Maker

Re: Rui PATRÍCIO

Postby Rogatto27 » 2011 May 18, 21:33

Suggestions

Response: 88
Agility: 81
Jump: 84
Keeper Skills: 86
Team Work: 81
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2011 May 18, 21:38

Rogatto27 wrote:Suggestions

Response: 88
Agility: 81
Jump: 84
Keeper Skills: 86
Team Work: 81

Why?
FernandoA13
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby FernandoA13 » 2011 Jun 02, 12:35

I don't find it reasonable that he only has 1 point more then Roberto with jumping and -6 points of diffrence with Helton. And he shorly is a better jumper then Steklenburg.
I suggest giving Rui Patricio at least 83.

Also does he stop a lot attackers 1-on-1 this season. AGI should be higher, 76 is way too low.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2012 Mar 31, 22:57

FernandoA13 wrote:I don't find it reasonable that he only has 1 point more then Roberto with jumping and -6 points of diffrence with Helton. And he shorly is a better jumper then Steklenburg.
I suggest giving Rui Patricio at least 83.

Also does he stop a lot attackers 1-on-1 this season. AGI should be higher, 76 is way too low.

I never noticed anything special about his jump, i think it's average and that people tend to overate keepers jump. Most keepers just don't have a great leap. Same with agility, most big keepers are not agile at all. There are a few, like Helton and Quim who are quite agile, but players like Artur and Patrício don't seem that agile imo. Still on the jump issue, 6 yard action is still not his best aspect.
Regarding the 1 on 1 situations he's been great lately, the way he uses his big body and anticipates the striker movement has been spot on. Height doesn't count for overall rating but it makes a difference both in game and in reality.
Translating that into numbers ... i'm not sure but i feel like he gives too many rebounds in game so his GK skills could be raised a couple points, and defence for better positioning. 1-1 keeper is also an option but if he gets it Quim should get it too.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2012 Apr 01, 12:01

i'm not sure but i feel like he gives too many rebounds in game so his GK skills could be raised a couple points

Yes, this isnt just him. But all Gk, so i tend to be more generous then PSD with Gks and RES. Because i prefer avarage Gks to stop shots then just the 'elite'.
But talking about numbers, DEF could be on par with Artur lets say 86. I feel RES could be 87, but then Artur should have 86 imo. His Gks, whats your idea of him? Whatever it is, i think Artur has about the same. They both have one of the best Gks imo in the Liga Sagres.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
muradkaa
Valued Contributor

Postby muradkaa » 2012 Apr 01, 15:32

I agree with both of you, need to be raised to 86 DEF, RES to 87 and KS 85. Excellent keeper.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2012 Apr 01, 16:52

FernandoA13 wrote:
i'm not sure but i feel like he gives too many rebounds in game so his GK skills could be raised a couple points

Yes, this isnt just him. But all Gk, so i tend to be more generous then PSD with Gks and RES. Because i prefer avarage Gks to stop shots then just the 'elite'.
But talking about numbers, DEF could be on par with Artur lets say 86. I feel RES could be 87, but then Artur should have 86 imo. His Gks, whats your idea of him? Whatever it is, i think Artur has about the same. They both have one of the best Gks imo in the Liga Sagres.

Imo it's more a case of the best keepers being overrated, specially when they're tall. Like Buffon, the frequency with which he makes supersaves is just unreal! I don't think PSD underates response for keepers, and i say this because imo one of the keepers that behaved more realistic was Van der Saar, with the default stats he has average response but he also has defence 95, agility 63 and GK 90. He's very safe but he doesn't perform those impossible reflex saves too often and i like that.
Regarding Patricio and Artur i think they are arround 84 for GK skills... Quim is the best on 1-1 situations, his positioning is flawless in those situations. But this season i think Helton has been the best overall, Rui and Artur have been great in Europe but in the league i think Helton was the best. There's not one keeper that stands out by a big gap though.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2012 Apr 01, 18:41

Imo it's more a case of the best keepers being overrated, specially when they're tall. Like Buffon, the frequency with which he makes supersaves is just unreal!
I understand your point. But i prefer Gks making good saves frequently then bloopers. I just hate unrealistic PES bloopers. Takes all the fun out for me. But again i understand your point.

Regarding Patricio and Artur i think they are arround 84 for GK skills... Quim is the best on 1-1 situations, his positioning is flawless in those situations. But this season i think Helton has been the best overall, Rui and Artur have been great in Europe but in the league i think Helton was the best. There's not one keeper that stands out by a big gap though.

I was talking about GKS only. Artur and Patrício have the best GKS imo. What makes Helton good is his height, RES and AGI imo not so much his GKS.

There's not one keeper that stands out by a big gap though

Agree.

Do you object me raising Rui RES to 87 and Artur to 86?

Translating that into numbers ... i'm not sure but i feel like he gives too many rebounds in game so his GK skills could be raised a couple points, and defence for better positioning. 1-1 keeper is also an option but if he gets it Quim should get it too.

I already added 1-on-1 for Quim and Rui. Which number where you thinking of for DEF of Rui? Do you see him being better then Artur, equal or worse? imo there equal.

Wow..JVMP.. im watching Leiria - Sporting, as we speak. Rui Patrício made a great safe, just now. Talking about jump :o ! Ill try to get it on video to show you.
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2012 Apr 01, 21:15

I only metioned Helton because we were discussing keepers, not because i think he has better handling than Patrício or Artur. He sure is the most agile in the league though.
About Patricio and Artur i think response is similar and it's not one of the best qualities for any of them. Besides low response won't make them perform blunders (that's also why i mentioned Van der Saar default set), that's more down to low GK skills. I think response 87 may be just a little over the top, i wouldn't go over 86 for any of them and i don't think there's one that clearly has more reflexes than the other. Artur is better in the 6 yard box, more calm, i think he deserves better defence and BB than Patrício. Patrício seems a little more agile, which he alredy is with the current stats. And i don't think Patrício deserves 1-1, in the late performances all he has done is standing in front of the striker with his big frame, unlike Quim who really has a special skill to stop strikes in that situation by standing in the right angle and even using his legs better than most keepers (to defend).

And i saw that save from the FK, i saw the whole (boring btw) game. Great save but i wouldn't be surprised if Helton or Artur did it, in fact Artur had one just like that, exact same spot, not long ago but i can't remember which game it was.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2012 Apr 01, 22:42

Okay i will put Patrício's DEF on 85. Then he is 1 point behind Artur. I agree that Artur has more BB, should i raise it to 87/88 or downgrade Rui to 85 and put Artur on 86/87 because i think there is a 2 point gap. About RES im going to leave Rui 1 point up, because i cant see Artur being better in almost every aspect. And i think Rui is just slightly better at this. Artur uses far more posistioning and rushing out/BB while Rui leans more to his RES imho.

About defending with legs, i've been mentioning this for years. PES should really add this element 'GK Legs RES' or something simuliar. And yes, Quim would be without a doubt one of the best in the league with his feet.

I think i saw the game that Artur did the same, but i also cant remmember the match. I wasnt making a point, just overly enthosiastic atm.

Updated AGG according to this: Aggression
aggression is the only value that affects how often a goalkeeper comes out. how good he is is also influenced by defensive. aggression reflects just the frequency but not the quality again. So is aggression for quantity and quality for the defensive. There are a small number of GKs who have a fielplayer attitude, represent how thy act outside the box. the goalkeeper can be evaluated in attack instead of 30, with 35 or 40. has no big effect but at least a little visible in special situations that do not occur frequently especially in pes.

Voted best GK in the Liga Sagres of 2011/12.
muradkaa
Valued Contributor

Postby muradkaa » 2012 Sep 17, 12:32

Agility is really 76? Seriously, it is very flexible, it deserves the value of this within the top 70s.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2012 Sep 17, 13:50

E-Jim wrote:Agility is really 76? Seriously, it is very flexible, it deserves the value of this within the top 70s.

I have always said that he is quite agile for his lenght, but JVMP didnt agree back then. Maybe he does now, Patrício has improved a lot in every area. Do you have other suggestions and which number do you find suited for Rui's AGI?
muradkaa
Valued Contributor

Postby muradkaa » 2012 Sep 19, 09:06

FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2012 Sep 19, 12:53

E-Jim wrote:Well, can I say this episode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... o7Q#t=244s

Yes, i know that was a good save. Do you have more suggestions though?

Slight update.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2012 Nov 05, 17:27

I would say that from what little i've seen of Rui is that his RES is indeed quite impressive, would say as good as 91. The set is pretty nice as it is, not many qualms, my only real voice would be on RES, i'd agree with you on 90. Could even be 91.

He seems to be capable of really advanced goalkeeping skill in some of hsi saves, based on those i'd say he is capable as 86/87. But i see as well that his parrying and handling seems pretty unsafe at times, so i kinda like the balance at 85. I'm not suggesting a GKS update, no, it's just interesting, and especially considering that Konami rate him at 88 GKS. 85 GKS is fine as it is.

His Jump seems pretty nice too, am i wrong to say it looks like 86ish? Just a feeling. Makes nice saves high in the corners and shows a nice leap.

I'm not as familiar with him as i'd like to be, but i can see he's an impressively talented keeper. i hope my opinion helped.

Vinnie

I agreed on this. And since there isnt much discussion going on i will update the suggestions of Vinnie and me.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2012 Nov 12, 13:28

Please check his RES at around: 4:50!
VUKDS

Postby VUKDS » 2012 Dec 10, 22:05

I've saw him in few matches this season and I really don't think that he needs this high DEF value. ;) If we're looking at how is he good at blocking balls with his body or in 1-1 situations, he's not good as Artur in Defence IMO.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2012 Dec 11, 13:55

Maybe Artur deserves to sit on 88. But i do believe Rui Patrício deserves such number. He is also very good in 1-on-1 situations, trust me. If it wasnt for him we/Sporting probably would be lower on the table.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2013 Jan 18, 22:18

Another great game. Hasnt played a bad one yet this season. Im thinking of raising his form to: 8, its just great.
KeyserSoze

Re: Rui Patrício

Postby KeyserSoze » 2014 May 20, 14:05

Just like Handanovic, his lone weakness is his coordination with his D-Line (aka TW).
Ain't sure about a concrete value, but it seems to be slightly lesser than 78 to my eyes.
"Willy Wanda is Chinese!!!"

Return to “Wolverhampton Wanderers FC”