Moderators: BigStu, anOKguy, Jez, Brahms, Phil, Welbeck19, Mod's

Forum rules
PES Stats Database
PSD Backbone

Rui Patrício

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 14:04

OLD DESCRIPTION & VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show
''Goalkeeper Rui Patricio made a spectacular debut for Sporting on 19 November 2006, in the traditionally difficult away trip at Maritimo in the Portuguese Liga. Deputising for the injured Ricardo, Sporting were under pressure as they desperately defended a one-goal lead. With 15 minutes remaining Patricio produced a magnificent penalty save to guarantee all three points for his team.

After such an auspicious start to his professional career, and subsequently shining in the World Youth Cup held in Canada in the summer of 2007, Patricio could justifiably have expected a taste of first-team action the following season at Sporting.

But surely the young stopper, touted as Portugal’s future custodian between the posts, could not have expected to become an automatic starter early in the 2007/08 season, lining up in the Champions League at venues such as Old Trafford.

After all, Sporting had recently spent two million euros to contract Serbian international goalkeeper Vladimir Stojkovic, but ongoing friction between the new recruit and head coach Paulo Bento soon consigned the Serb to a season of bench-warming.

Great expectations

Enter Patricio, who Sporting fans, further wooed by impressive displays in pre-season friendlies, were hoping would step seamlessly into the void left by departing Portugal number one, Ricardo.

It did not quite turn out that way. Patricio interspersed several excellent performances, most notably in the Uefa Cup run to the quarter-finals, with other distinctly average ones.

Nobody doubts that the big and brave lad hailing from the small town of Marrazes in the centre of Portugal is a fine shot-stopper. But his Achilles’ heel has proved to be his uncertainty when coming for crosses, allied to a lack of concentration which cost several goals. Were it not for Bento and Stojkovic having fallen out irreparably he would surely have spent a spell on the sidelines.

Nevertheless, for one reason or another Bento stuck with Patricio, and credit has to be given to the youngster for withstanding heavy criticism and showing commendable fortitude to finish the season back on song.

International reward

A first full season in professional football at the highest level was capped when Luiz Felipe Scolari selected Patricio, still only 20 years old, in the Portugal squad for Euro 2008.

With invaluable experience learned from his rookie year, Sporting and Portugal fans will be hoping the promising player can iron out the rough edges to add to the impressive list of home-grown talent nurtured at the Lisbon club's famed academy. ''

Some of the saves of Rui Patrício
[spoiler]

0:48 - 1:20 - 2:15 - 2:29

[/spoiler]

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Dec 22, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Re: Rui PATRÍCIO

Postby RB7 » 2008 Dec 14, 11:33

Defence must go up.
In the game he still commits stupid mistakes that he doesn't in a real match, specially in one-on-ones and rushing out in corners where he is getting safer.
Looking at the ladder, I can't see why he can't be at Pedro Roma or Tiago's level.. or at least in Bruno Vale's bracket..
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
element
PSD Youth League

Postby element » 2008 Dec 14, 14:42

yup, he is getting better day by day
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2008 Dec 14, 17:17

element wrote:yup, he is getting better day by day

Done and what about balance up a tad? He's more imponent than most portuguese keepers with higher values like Pedro Alves for example.
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
element
PSD Youth League

Postby element » 2008 Dec 14, 18:15

Agree too
Prata
Regular Poster

Postby Prata » 2009 Feb 18, 16:17

Mentality should go up to 78. BTW souldn´t his teamwork be higher too?
Doing a lot of stuff int the Portuguese League -transfers, updating players, updating squads,...
element
PSD Youth League

Postby element » 2009 Feb 18, 17:18

Agree
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2009 Feb 18, 17:21

element wrote:Agree

Yes and about TW what about it being raised in two points?
Also I think his response has improved..
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
Prata
Regular Poster

Postby Prata » 2009 Feb 18, 18:24

RB7 wrote:
element wrote:Agree

Yes and about TW what about it being raised in two points?
Also I think his response has improved..

Agree with teamwork 77
Doing a lot of stuff int the Portuguese League -transfers, updating players, updating squads,...
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2009 Feb 18, 20:15

He has been getting really better and he needs an update. Suggestions:

Defence upped to 82, he often commits mistakes but is pretty safe in set pieces.
TS and ACC raised to 69 and 72 respectively, quite fast to rush out.
Response upped to 85, one point below Moreira and if Moretto has it then he is probably just as good.
GK Skills upped to 83, he's just as good as Moreira there.
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
Prata
Regular Poster

Postby Prata » 2009 Feb 18, 20:32

RB7 wrote:He has been getting really better and he needs an update. Suggestions:

Defence upped to 82, he often commits mistakes but is pretty safe in set pieces.
TS and ACC raised to 69 and 72 respectively, quite fast to rush out.
Response upped to 85, one point below Moreira and if Moretto has it then he is probably just as good.
GK Skills upped to 83, he's just as good as Moreira there.

Agreed best young portuguese keeper maybe he will be the best portuguese keeper ever
BTW age 21 ;)
element
PSD Youth League

Postby element » 2009 Feb 19, 18:54

Agree with all but defence i think we have to wait a couple of months
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2009 Feb 19, 19:42

Ok then.
Updated with the other suggestions.
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
brazilianpesfan
PSD Loyalty Program Member

Postby brazilianpesfan » 2009 Aug 04, 21:48

Attack:55
Header:99
Agression:99
Mentality:99

:lol: :lol: :lol:
jorgeaugustogil
New Contributor

Postby jorgeaugustogil » 2010 Jan 11, 01:01

He's not been uptaded in a while and is much better...gonna be the best portuguese GK in a couple of years

Defence:85
Balance: 87
Stamina: 73
Response: 86
Agility: 78
Jump: 81
Keeper Skills: 85
RB7
Veteran Stat Maker

Postby RB7 » 2010 Jan 16, 10:55

His defence and response could easily go up one point and his mentality would be more correct at 81, he's developed a fighting attitude and it seems that even with Sporting having a bad first round he was always one of the best in the pitch saving everything he could.

TDM if you agree I'll update him.
SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
jorgeaugustogil
New Contributor

Postby jorgeaugustogil » 2010 Jan 19, 06:18

Agree...
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2011 Mar 24, 23:22

I think this guy can develop in a really good goal keeper. Maybe one of the best goalkeepers from Portugal. He atleist has height witch sometimes is a clear problem for Portuguese Gk's.

I think he's Response could go up guys? he's refles almost never is the problem. he reacts very fast. and he is quite agile. Sugest:

Agility: 82
Response: 87

Maybe one-on-one star? i always find him rusing out quite good. never scared. Cleary this guy has a great future. Mentality (82?) could go up especialy after this season he very often helped Sporting mantain there point/s.
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
JMVP
PSD Elite

Postby JMVP » 2011 Mar 26, 17:25

He's not agile, Helton is much more agile than him, even Roberto is more agile imo, and 76 for such a big guy isn't bad at all. His reflexes are not anything special either. Honestly i don't think he's such a good keeper, if he's our best keeper in the future then we're in a bad situation.
Take a look at Roberto's stats for instance, they're clearly worst, and Roberto is probably the best keeper in the league. Peiser also has worst stats, imo he's a little better than Patrício.
FernandoA13

Postby FernandoA13 » 2011 Mar 26, 18:42

The agility is overrated by me for sure, i didn't compare with the other keepers. And on my one PES i always put agility higher for GK then people here in PSD.

But without a doubt i don't agree with you.

Roberto imo is never the best goalkeeper in the league, the most expensive one shore. But definitely not the best goalkeeper.

Roberto's 'ability' in the air i so bad it scares :shock: me, Rui Patricio definitely is a lot better in the air/catching. There response and agility are on the same page.. but i still favor Rui Patricio for sure.

''if he's our best keeper in the future then we're in a bad situation.''

I don't understand how you can say that he's only 23 and pretty good. With experience he is capable of being a really good Gk Imo. If he where an italian keeper. I understand there raining Gk talents. But for Portugal Rui is simply a great talent :) .

What did you thought of my answer on your part on Andre Santos?
Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres

Return to “Wolverhampton Wanderers FC”