Stiliyan Petrov

Moderator: Mod's

Stiliyan Petrov

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:06

It took a while for Stan to get settled, however the Bulgarian international is now a regular in the side playing just in front of the back four. A big problem for Petrov in the previous two seasons was that his anticipation of the play was poor and he just seemed to run around doing nothing, and when he got the ball he'd spend a little too long with it and eventually end up losing it. However now he regularly wins the ball, keeps it and can turn into a deep lying playmaker at times, spraying balls across the park. All Stan now needs to do is get a few goals like he did up in Scotland.

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Stilian PETROV

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 21, 20:59

[Description moved to 1st post]

Paddy

Re: Stiliyan PETROV

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 18, 14:39

It took a while for Stan to get settled, however the Bulgarian is now a regular in the side playing just infront of the back four.

DMF*

Attack: 78
Defence: 71

this ratio is wrong now, personally I think he's a lot more stable defnsively now than he once was he's still good offensively but not as much. this will make him equally as good both offensively and defensively.

Attack: 74
Defence: 74

A big problem for Petrov in the previous two seasons what that his anticipation of the play was poor and he just seemed to run around doing nothing, and when he got the ball he'd spent a little too long with it and lose it. However now he regularly wins the ball, keeps it and can turn into a deep lying playmaker at times, spraying balls across the park.

Add

*PLAYMAKING
also
Response: 83 => 84

there was little wrong with this number as he had a good response in Scotland but, his reading of the play has gotten better and he's responding to loose balls quite well now.

also his deep passes have been nothing short of great, he springs their offences a lot of the time.

Long Pass Acc.: 78 => 82
Long Pass Speed: 76 => 84

these stats will represent his long balls and how they usually make their target.

All Stan needs to do now is get a few goals like he did up in Scotland. Doubt it will happen though now with his deeper role.

Paddy

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jan 18, 17:11

Response is already quite high I don't think it needs to be raised further I don't agree with *Playmaking either.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby ramyv10 » 2009 Jan 22, 03:27

Vandeach wrote:Response is already quite high I don't think it needs to be raised further I don't agree with *Playmaking either.

yea i agree but i think the attack and defense ratio needs a bit of tweaking. Petrov is a versatile player and has finally staked his claim as a capable holding midfielder....i think something quite similar happened with Reo-Coker, but again, he's another versatile player capable of playing in a few positions.

I still think Petrov more offensively inclined but he has improved his defensive positioning. He would probably warrant a more balanced att/def ratio to reflect his role for villa now.

I suggest attack 74 and defense 73

ramyv10

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 22, 14:28

ramyv10 wrote:
Vandeach wrote:Response is already quite high I don't think it needs to be raised further I don't agree with *Playmaking either.

yea i agree but i think the attack and defense ratio needs a bit of tweaking. Petrov is a versatile player and has finally staked his claim as a capable holding midfielder....i think something quite similar happened with Reo-Coker, but again, he's another versatile player capable of playing in a few positions.

I still think Petrov more offensively inclined but he has improved his defensive positioning. He would probably warrant a more balanced att/def ratio to reflect his role for villa now.

I suggest attack 74 and defense 73

nah I think my suggestion 74 74 is better.

Paddy

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jan 24, 21:30

Gonna have to agree with ramy there he explained it well. Paddy sorry if sounds like I'm being harsh on you but if someone disagrees with you but gives good reasoning don't automatically disagree.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
Vandeach

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 25, 12:13

I just feel that he has completely changed his game over the last 18 months and he is now equally capable of playing defensively or offensively, he's the perfect CM now :lol:

Paddy

Postby devileh » 2009 Mar 23, 19:03

*Middle Shooting!
Also:
Body Balance: 79

devileh

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Mar 23, 20:10

devileh wrote:*Middle Shooting!
It's funny you would mention that today...as I just made a MS from 30 with him last night w/o the *MS. I play on PES6. So not sure it is 100% necessary ;)

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Paddy » 2009 Mar 25, 17:10

could my update be put in place?

Paddy

Postby Rfuna » 2009 Mar 31, 18:24

jmg721 wrote:
devileh wrote:*Middle Shooting!
It's funny you would mention that today...as I just made a MS from 30 with him last night w/o the *MS. I play on PES6. So not sure it is 100% necessary ;)

could be more a tendency/frequency thing, for the computer. i can make some pretty cool shots with anyone, so long as they have decent ST and SP :D

Gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweatin' like a cunt. Don Logan
Rfuna

Postby devileh » 2009 Apr 01, 08:29

Yes, but he has a fantastic shot on him, and the *Middle Shooting improves long-range shot technique. I feel he deserves it.

devileh

Postby Paddy » 2009 May 30, 00:23

Paddy wrote:
It took a while for Stan to get settled, however the Bulgarian is now a regular in the side playing just infront of the back four.

DMF*

this ratio is wrong now, personally I think he's a lot more stable defnsively now than he once was he's still good offensively but not as much. this will make him equally as good both offensively and defensively.

A big problem for Petrov in the previous two seasons what that his anticipation of the play was poor and he just seemed to run around doing nothing, and when he got the ball he'd spent a little too long with it and lose it. However now he regularly wins the ball, keeps it and can turn into a deep lying playmaker at times, spraying balls across the park.

Add

*PLAYMAKING
also

there was little wrong with this number as he had a good response in Scotland but, his reading of the play has gotten better and he's responding to loose balls quite well now.

also his deep passes have been nothing short of great, he springs their offences a lot of the time.

these stats will represent his long balls and how they usually make their target.

All Stan needs to do now is get a few goals like he did up in Scotland. Doubt it will happen though now with his deeper role.

Paddy

Postby Ken » 2009 May 30, 00:45

Paddy wrote:
Paddy wrote:

DMF*

Add

*PLAYMAKING
also

I agree with all of them, but not *Playmaking. It is Gareth Barry who deserve *Playmaking, not S.Petrov. Yes he is capable of spraying the ball across the whole pitch but he is not the one who dictate the tempo of the game like Barry so he doesn't need one and he cannot have one. If there is something that could help it is *Passing, but if it is add to his special abilities I would still put it as optional.

Ken

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 May 30, 03:02

For me *passing is for the players who are really good at splitting the defence with a fantastic pass in the final third. (Especially thru-balls) Like Iniesta, Arshavin, Xavi, Cesc and Totti etc. For me Petrov has never really shown this dimension of his game on a consistent basis.

Barry I defo agree with as the player maker of this team. He makes things happen, he makes the team tick, he strolls about picking passes and trying to direct the tempo, but also his team mates look up to him and will often look to find him as he is a calming influence on the ball, yet also a creative one. I don't think Petrov needs either *'s. But, this is just my opinion. (I miss his Piledriver freekicks!)

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
Alcohomicide

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Sep 17, 15:31

Changed A/D ratio and removed *Reaction, will probably make further changes later, so anyone with any opinions, please state them.

Vandeach

Postby deity86 » 2009 Sep 19, 12:42

His Aggression could probably drop down a little bit, what do you think about his TS/Acc and Mentality?

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby chanman » 2009 Oct 08, 13:44

His mentality could use a serious boost, the 74 has him as one of worst on the team. It should have been updated with his new values. He sould at least be up there with Cuellar and Milner. Long pass could be a little better too.

chanman

Postby Paddy » 2009 Oct 08, 15:20

I'd agree with all of what chanman said.

Paddy

Next

Return to Retired Players