Michel Bastos, Al Ain FC

Moderators: Helios, TBD, Mod's

Michel Bastos, Al Ain FC

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 14, 10:46

Last year he was by far the best player of lille and one of the best in Ligue1. He ended the season with more than 10 goals and 10 assists. Transfered to Lyon, where he confirmed his performances(especially his striking's quality).

EXPLANATION:

Spoiler: show
Attack/Response/Aggression: A very aggressive player(hence why his coach prefers putting him as a WF instead of a SB) , his offensive positioning is pretty good, he takes up good positions in the box in order to receive the ball. He particulary seems to be great at evading the attention of his marker and running without being offside. He is also super fast at reacting to losing ball(scored many goals like that). Almost playing like a CF... However when he plays as a SB(like in NT), it's sure that his offensive asset becomes less quality overall.

Defence/Mentality: He doesn't tend to drop very deep or defend very much at all when playing WF, although he's capable of doing impressive defensive come-back. I haven't seen much of him as a SB(he was a former SB), but i think he uses more his reaction than his defensive positionning to defend.

Stamina: He can last 90 mins easily, and more. A veritable marathonian of the left side all the match.

Speed: One thing misunderstood here...He runs fast and he is very quick over distance...

Passing: more than 10 assists last season 'especially long pass: he's a very good crosser, putting a lot of speed and curling into his LP. He also has good short passing accuracy but they are occasionally cut out. )

Dribbling/Agility/Technique: he's agile and fluid in his moves, his close control is generally good but don't expect him to dribble past players(his DA is good for a SB but can look sometimes disappointting for a WF). However his first touch is excellent, even under pressure. He can also put sometimes, little tricks.

Shooting: He generally shoots a lot, but from long range. So he can look wasteful, but infact he's pretty deadly in front of his target. He can put accuracy in his shoot, moreover his main asset is his shot power: he can shoot rockets at any moments(and also scores them regulary).

VIDEO:
Spoiler: show

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Michel BASTOS

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 26, 15:49

imscouting wrote:Whilst football fans love to read about the latest youngsters making a breakthrough, some players take time to develop. Michel Bastos is 25 and only now is he really announcing himself to the football world.

Lille’s left sided attacking midfielder is in the midst of his best season ever, in just 16 games he has scored six goals whereas last season he claimed eight in 35 appearances.

Bastos has undoubtedly benefited from playing higher up the pitch, but his quality shines through since his left foot must be one of the best in Europe and from dead balls and in play, this Brazilian is always a threat to the opposition goalkeeper.

According to a number of scouts in France this left-sided player has the hardest shot in Ligue 1. Bordeaux’s Wendel is also known for the quality of his left foot, but Bastos strikes the ball more powerfully.

This 25-year-old has made major improvements to his game in the past 18 months; he is fast, technical, an accurate crosser and has a very powerful shot. His recent form suggests he could play for the biggest clubs in Europe, thankfully for Lille, the Brazilian does not seem in a hurry to leave.

So far this season he has scored three free-kicks and during his time at Lille he has even scored direct from a corner. It is no exaggeration to say that his left foot reminds observers of another Brazilian – legendary full-back Roberto Carlos. Bastos’ left foot is capable of hitting rockets from dead balls but is also very effective when crossing from the right hand side, where he can swing the ball in.

In 16 games this campaign he has claimed five assists, two of them coming in the recent 3-0 win over AS Saint Etienne. He has also scored in Lille’s two most recent games, against Marseille and Lorient and is currently one of the top goal scorers in Ligue 1. Against the two best teams in France, Marseille and Lyon, Bastos has claimed an assist and a goal – clear proof that he can live with the very best.

Stability seems to have done wonders for Bastos. He joined Lille in 2006/7 and is now in his third season at the club, previously this Brazilian, just 25-years-old, had played for seven clubs. Only at Excelsior Rotterdam (2002/2003) and Figueirense (2005) did he really establish himself as a first-team regular.

His second spell in Brazilian football was the most productive, he scored 10 goals in 34 appearances for Figueirense and a year later was on his way to France. In his first season back in Europe, Bastos scored three goals in 25 appearances and since then he has continued to improve.

Much of the credit for Bastos’ improvement should go down to former and current Lille managers Claude Puel and Rudy Garcia, currently he is a key player on the left side in a 4-5-1 formation. It will come as no surprise that Marseille have already been linked with a move for the player. His contract runs out in 2009/2010 and Lille are hoping to sign him on a longer contract.

Bastos himself seems to realize that stability has been crucial in his recent sparkling form, he recently said: “I want to continue at Lille, there have been discussions on a contract extension. It is progressing. I think this will be done quickly. I do not listen to the transfer gossip.” His faith in Lille could be well founded, if they can turn their numerous draws into wins they could find themselves in Europe again next season.

Ultimately, Bastos is proof that some players develop quicker than others; this Brazilian left footer is currently one of the in-form players in European football. More than anything, he has a left-foot that is the talk of France and if he continues in this current form, Lille, currently eighth in Ligue 1, will be helpless to hold on to their new samba star.

Paddy

Postby nonobus » 2008 Dec 27, 20:36

This player has made a really great first part of season with lille: 9 goals and 8 assists.So i suggest:
Attack: 77
Response: 80
DA:80
Short Pass Accuracy: 80
Short Pass Speed: 80
Shot Accuracy: 74
Aggression: 80
Team Work: 81
And *passing*

Last edited by nonobus on 2009 Mar 14, 10:29, edited 2 times in total.
nonobus

Postby gib2504 » 2008 Dec 28, 10:36

hey I was LOSC08 on old PSD

I like these Bastos updates

I would have

Attack 77
Response 79
SPA 80
SPS 80
Shot Acc 74
Shot Pow 90
Team Work 79

I wouldn't have the passing star though don't think it suits him

gib2504

Postby CDDRodrigo » 2009 Mar 15, 12:04

Agree with everything

CDDRodrigo

Postby tamaguchi_japa » 2009 Mar 18, 09:55

me too

tamaguchi_japa

Postby conker8 » 2009 Mar 18, 16:16

Agree too!

conker8

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Mar 18, 16:24

Updated!! 8-)

Attack 77
Response 79
DA: 80
SPA 80
SPS 80
Shot Acc 74
Shot Pow 90
AGG: 80
Team Work 79
*Passing

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby nonobus » 2009 Apr 05, 18:50

There is one thing wrong in the first post...his speed. Bastos is a fast player. I suggest:
Top Speed: 84
Acceleration: 88
Dribble Speed: 84

Last edited by nonobus on 2009 Apr 11, 22:31, edited 2 times in total.
nonobus

Postby sticky-fingers » 2009 Apr 05, 22:29

Probably the best player in L1 this year.

Dribble A & S should be improved !

sticky-fingers

Postby Persee » 2009 May 02, 17:46

sticky-fingers wrote:Probably the best player in L1 this year.

Dribble A & S should be improved !

Agree!!!!!! He even needs *Tactical Dribbling!!!

Persee

Postby nonobus » 2009 May 05, 13:46

Name: Michel Bastos

Club: Lille OSC
Number: 8
Position: SM*,WF
Nationality: Brazilian

Foot: L
Side: L

Length: 179
Weight: 71

Attack: 79
Defence: 45
Balance: 78
Stamina: 85
Top Speed: 85
Acceleration: 86
Response: 81
Agility: 82
Dribble Accuracy: 83
Dribble Speed: 84
Short Pass Accuracy: 80
Short Pass Speed: 79
Long Pass Acc: 84
Long Pass Speed: 86
Shot Accuracy: 77
Shot Power: 90
Shot Technique: 80
Free Kick Accuracy: 81
Curling: 86
Header: 73
Jump: 78
Technique: 84
Aggression: 86
Mentality: 76
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 81
Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 7
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot frequency: 4
Consistency: 6

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

*Passing
*Penalties
*Reaction
*Side

This is by far this season the best player of lille and one of the best in Ligue1. He's very likely to end the season with more than 10 goals and 10 assists: world class!

EXPLANATION:

Attack/Response: His positioning is pretty good, he takes up good positions in the box in order to receive the ball. He particulary seems to be great at evading the attention of his marker and running without being offside.He is also super fast at reacting to losing ball(scored many goals like that). Almost playing like a CF.

Defence: He doesn't tend to drop very deep or defend very much at all. Also he doesn't play SB anymore.

Stamina: He can last 90 mins easily, and more. A veritable marathonian of the left side all the match.

Speed: One thing misunderstood here...He runs fast and he is very quick over distance...

Passing: more than 10 assists this season especially long pass: he's a very good crosser, putting a lot of speed and curling into his LP.He also has good short passing accuracy but they are occasionally cut out.

Dribbling/Technique: Not his main asset but he can dribble well when he wants. Also his first touch is not special but still good.

Shooting: Pretty accurate, has a wonderful powershot and he is pretty realistic in frontt of goals.

Last edited by nonobus on 2009 Jun 11, 07:29, edited 6 times in total.
nonobus

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 May 05, 18:03

Agree, but ATT must be 78, coz his positionnig isn't that great, he is always on the flanks thought
SA can be 75, his shots are powerfull but not accurate, besides Robinh is a lot better and he has 79
and Curl can go back to 85, his curl is not that evident

BECKS23LA

Postby jmg721 » 2009 May 05, 20:56

I'd love to get Baptiste or Gibs thoughts 8-)

IMO it generally looks good...just not sure about Shooting & Attack :ugeek:

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby gib2504 » 2009 Jun 23, 14:52

I like those stats.

Agree with Becks comments.

I'd put SA to 76, Attack 78.

Apart from that i like the changes alot.

gib2504

Postby Re-arranged » 2009 Jun 23, 16:00

I'd even take his shot power to 91-92, to make him stand out even more, Wendel needs a little update there too. So if everyone agrees I'll update the guy.

Re-arranged

Postby gib2504 » 2009 Jun 23, 18:57

yeah i'd go to 91 for his SP too

gib2504

Postby monKevski » 2009 Jul 14, 12:11

It seems so that he's going to OL. ;)

monKevski

Postby Shadowx55x » 2009 Jul 15, 15:01

yeah, hes on the teams official Main Page.

http://www.olweb.fr/fr/Accueil/100007/A ... on-ce-soir

For the good of the forum.......
Shadowx55x

Postby Re-arranged » 2009 Jul 15, 15:26

done

Re-arranged

Next

Return to West Asia