Horst HRUBESCH | 1979-1982

Moderators: Korinov, Epsi, Adrien, Brezza, frshmn, Albo7, ingus

Horst HRUBESCH | 1979-1982

Postby Vandeach » 2008 Dec 13, 08:27

Name: Horst Hrubesch

Nickname: "Das Kopfball-Ungeheuer" ("The Header Beast")

Club: Hamburger SV
Number: 9 (Hamburger SV; 1980 Euro, 1982 World Cup)
Position: *CF
Nationality: German _ger
Era: 1979/1982

Foot: R
Side: B

Height: 188 cm
Weight: 88 kg

Attack: 88
Defence: 45
Balance: 95
Stamina: 85
Top Speed: 76
Acceleration: 75
Response: 83
Agility: 72
Dribble Accuracy: 80
Dribble Speed: 76
Short Pass Accuracy: 72
Short Pass Speed: 79
Long Pass Accuracy: 71
Long Pass Speed: 72
Shot Accuracy: 84
Shot Power: 87
Shot Technique: 80
Free Kick Accuracy: 68
Curling: 74
Header: 97
Jump: 89
Technique: 80
Aggression: 83
Mentality/Tenacity: 87
Goalkeeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 84

Injury Tolerance: B
Form/Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 6
Weak Foot Frequency: 6
Consistency: 7
Growth type: Late/Lasting

CARDS:
P19: Chasing Back

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Positioning
*Scoring
*Centre

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced

INFO:

Horst Hrubesch (born 17 April 1951 in Hamm) is a retired German football player employed as of 2010 as a youth trainer at the DFB. His nickname was Das Kopfball-Ungeheuer (the Header Beast) for his heading skills.

Career

Hrubesch was the typical late bloomer. He played in small clubs until the age of 24 before he was signed by Rot-Weiss Essen. There he played well enough that Hamburger SV bought him, where he blossomed into one of the most productive forwards of the Bundesliga and was soon called up for the German national team. Hrubesch was known for his symbiotic relationship with fellow HSV player Manfred Kaltz, a right wingback whose crosses Hrubesch often headed into the goal.

International career

West Germany's match-winning hero in the 1980 UEFA European Championship final against Belgium, Horst Hrubesch scored two goals in Rome, the second of them a trademark bullet header in the 89th minute. It was a day of glorious redemption for the big, bulky Hamburger SV centre-forward who a few weeks earlier had hobbled around the field with an ankle injury as his club lost the European Champion Clubs' Cup final to Nottingham Forest FC. A latecomer to the international scene, Hrubesch had only been called into the West Germany squad after Klaus Fischer broke his leg, and the game against Belgium was only his fifth international appearance. He would win just 21 caps in all, the last of them in the 1982 FIFA World Cup final. A German champion three times, he also won the European Cup with Hamburg in 1983, captaining the team to a sensational 1–0 win against favourites Juventus in the Athens final.

His greatest successes were the win of the European Championship in 1980, where he decided the finals with two of his late Ungeheuer header goals, and 1983, where he won the Champions Cup against Juventus Turin. He also was German champion in 1979, 1982 and 1983. He scored 136 goals in 224 games in the Bundesliga and was capped 21 times.

He is also famous for having scored the winning penalty which knocked France out of the 1982 FIFA World Cup semi-finals after an epic game which was tied 3–3 after extra-time. Irish television commentator Jimmy Magee during the shoot-out coined the phrase that made Hrubesch best known in the English-speaking world: "The man they call 'The Monster'".

VIDEOS:

ADDITIONAL LINKS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horst_Hrubesch

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horst_Hrubesch

http://www.national-football-teams.com/ ... p?id=17507

http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/hrubeschhorst/

http://www.moellers-hsv-eck.de/HSV%20Au ... 979-80.htm

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/football ... roID=47386

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/stati ... index.html

http://srb.worldfootball.net/spieler_pr ... /#redirect

Last edited by Vandeach on 2009 Jun 29, 21:35, edited 4 times in total.
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

by »

Re: Horst HRUBESCH | 1981-1982

Postby brondbylove » 2008 Dec 13, 14:08

The ultimate German footballing fantasy of rock-hard work and consistency along with a tank-like approach in the box, moulded into one player.

A man not to be fucked with.

I have returned to the Classics section after a longer break. I am currently working on a list of Danish players from the 90s.
brondbylove

Postby Oriello » 2008 Dec 13, 14:36

brondbylove wrote:The ultimate German footballing fantasy of rock-hard work and consistency along with a tank-like approach in the box, moulded into one player.

Well if he was regarded as consistent then perhaps Vandenache has undervalued his Consistency? As 6 is actually an average rating in this department. Image

And I will not be f*****g him, as he is not my type. Image Too much man for my taste.Image

Oriello

Postby brondbylove » 2008 Dec 13, 18:15

Oriello wrote:
brondbylove wrote:The ultimate German footballing fantasy of rock-hard work and consistency along with a tank-like approach in the box, moulded into one player.

Well if he was regarded as consistent then perhaps Vandenache has undervalued his Consistency? As 6 is actually an average rating in this department. Image

And I will not be f*****g him, as he is not my type. Image Too much man for my taste.Image

You know what I mean :D

I have returned to the Classics section after a longer break. I am currently working on a list of Danish players from the 90s.
brondbylove

Postby Vandeach » 2008 Dec 13, 18:18

Isn't 5 average? Anyways I've raised it to 7 ;) .

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby jorgebolano » 2009 Jan 25, 18:41

Why the rather low Mentality?

Heading could be even 99 as he's generally accepted to be the best header in Bundesliga and at least newer (1970s-present) German NT history and rightly so.

jorgebolano

Postby Fevernova » 2010 Jun 23, 16:53

Needs to be standarized...

For Cards, I'd go with:

P19 – Chasing back
P21 – Fox in the Box
S01 – Reaction (Optional)

PS> *Reaction should also be considered...

"Sometimes one may feel like a Mammoth, cornered by Saber tooths, but one day the Mammoth will come-back right at them..."
Fevernova

Re: Horst HRUBESCH | 1979-1982

Postby Plava Čigra » 2010 Jun 24, 02:54

Updated to fit new format. Changes...

1. Expanded his Era from 1981-1982 to 1979-1982. Added new picture.

2. Added *Scoring. Added new Cards: P19: Chasing Back + Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Balanced.

3. Added Growth type: Late/Lasting. Added Info, Videos and Additional Links.

*Reaction/S01: Reaction can be discussed (since I see you're not completely sure, I didn't put it even as an optional)... I don't know this player so well that I can claim he needs this card. If anybody confirms your suggestion, I'll be glad to add it.

Regarding Cards, I completely disagree to giving P21: Fox in the Box to players who have *Positioning. I know that description and animation don't match, but I prefer to trust animation:

Player on the animation is clearly outside the box, keeping the ball against 2 defenders and passing it when he got an opportunity (and they named this card Fox in the Box, why :?: :roll: ). I can admit there are some elements of *Positioning, but without *Post Player, I wouldn't recommend giving this card. Just my opinion, based not only on animation, but also on some testing I've done until now ;) .

Btw., I saw that there are players with *Positioning and *Scoring who have P15: Goal Poacher. Again, why :roll: ? I can claim (based on some testings) P15: Goal Poacher is very similar to *Lines. A few times I got an impression that there are maybe some elements of *Scoring, but if a player doesn't have *Lines, he shouldn't have it. Simple as that. Imo, it's a mistake when player has for example just *Scoring compensating that with P15: Goal Poacher, in order to assign 1 card for one special ability.

Plava Čigra

Return to 80's