PES Stats Database

Matthew Le Tissier | 1993-1995

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 11, 13:40

Nickname: "Le God"

Club: Southampton

Growth type: Standard/Lasting

INFO:

Spoiler: show
Matthew Le Tissier, an amazing talent who really should have been given a chance at international level, and is highly renowned for scoring utterly insane goals and being a talented playmaker. Having a remarkable knack for scoring from corner kicks, possessed immense dribbling skills and was well and truly two-footed, taking those legendary corners with whichever foot he desired. He also scored from all the other set-pieces, especially penalties.

Le Tissier overruling problem though was his sheer laziness. He rarely tried hard and didn't do much running about at all, plus he wasn't that fast, although he wasn't a slowcoach either.

VIDEOS:

ADDITIONAL LINKS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Le_Tissier

http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/matthew-le-tissier/

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/football-heroes/displayhero_international.asp?HeroID=37210

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/football-heroes/displayhero_club.asp?HeroID=41626

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/football-heroes/displayhero_club.asp?HeroID=41628

http://www.worldfootball.net/spieler_profil/matt-le-tissier/

http://www.zerozerofootball.com/player/matthew_le_tissier/current/profile/0/default/34019/?search=1

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 44069.html

Last edited by Brezza on 2010 Apr 19, 16:57, edited 3 times in total.
Uzair

Re: Matthew LE TISSIER | 1995/1996

Postby Uzair » 2009 Oct 22, 20:16

d'ya reckon his stamina should be lower than 80? i mean he was really lazy and had the look of someone who would start huffng and puffing after a sprint. he'll still last the full 90 considering his mentality and style of play if we were to lower his stamina.
brondbylove

Re: Matthew LE TISSIER | 1995-1996

Postby brondbylove » 2009 Oct 24, 14:18

I just need to adress his positions. I never saw him play but was he really just deployed as an attacking midfielder? Not support striker or centre forward?
I have returned to the Classics section after a longer break. I am currently working on a list of Danish players from the 90s.
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2009 Oct 27, 15:56

To be honest Id consider him more of a support striker than an *AM
PMC

Postby PMC » 2009 Oct 27, 16:59

I also don't think that he's ever been a player being known to be really agile either... he relied on pure ball control
I'm against you
p1rha

Postby p1rha » 2009 Oct 27, 19:11

Agree on both lowering Agility and giving him SS as his 1st position. I also have some doubts abouts his ball control when dribling and his passing skills.

His DA at 92 will leave him leveled with Bergkamp and Henry, and 2 points above Cantona.

About his SP skills ... Cantona is rated with SPA 85, Bergkamp and Scholes 92, Ginola 84, Pires 87, Lampard 90... Does he really deserve that value?

Finally his TW value. From what i've heard he wasn't much of a teamplayer. With Cantona siting on 85 and Zola on 88 maybe the low 80 would be fine for him.
besthunter

Postby besthunter » 2010 Apr 18, 14:47

was curious to see whos updated le tissier and how since the whole globalization standards for classics...

83 balance, 85? SA :shock: :shock:

ridiculos
zguc

Postby zguc » 2010 Apr 18, 14:49

Absolutely agree. ST 98?! I would not say
El orgullo y desafío.
Nrby

Postby Nrby » 2010 Apr 18, 14:53

yeah few never got to him ... SA and ST could both come to somewhere maybe around 90 even ... SA < ST if you ask me ... his connection with the ball was splendid but he weren't that acrobatic with his shots ... a couple of spectacular volleys yes but nothing that I would rate godlike ...
besthunter

Postby besthunter » 2010 Apr 18, 15:20

I'd really say... his accuracy was godlike. growing up as a kid seeing this man was just unbelievable.. he was on another level. Some sort of absolute master, he could put the ball wherever he wanted. To be honest, I did not get the chance to see much of his matches, but in general from what I had seen was that he had unerring accuracy in his shots, and then his goals.... I've never seen anyone whos ever put that many goals right underneath the cross bar, or his personal favourite (his) top left corner right under the cross bar. I think his ability to always hit the ball so clean and from nearly any situation was incredible... But at the same time like nrby said I don't remember him scoring anything that would warrant a 98.... the man had near flawless connection with the ball every single time... but I don't think that alone is enough to warrant such high ST? If he should have a 98 for anything, its SA.

I'd say his SA should be at least 95 (more so a 97), SP 88, and ST something around the low 9x region. His penalty record is testament to his unerring accuracy and ability to put the ball wherever he wanted, 48/49

His goal record for such a medicore club from a SS striker postion is pretty impressive too... escpially when he was such an amazing playmaker aswell
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2010 Apr 18, 18:13

I can see a growing trend with the shooting suggestions in the Le Tiss, Cantona and Gheorghe Hagi threads :D . Firstly I really don't see why his shot technique can't stay in the God region area. A high ST will make a player score from more awkward angles and strike the ball incredibly well and Le tissier was the master of this. It wasn’t a once in a blue moon thing either he produced amazing technical goals consistently season in season out. If it was to go down it would be at Cantona's level at the most, they could both strike the ball beautifully, making it look so easily and fluid, anything else would be criminal.

I also think that Shot technique > S.A is more pivitol to recreate him probably in the game. I'm not completely sure he was as clinical as natural goalscorers like Solskjaer, Owen, Torres etc.
With these stats ( and a possible boost in Shot Power) I think the A.I will try those ambitions efforts more often so he will be more realistic in the game without being overkill. He went for the spectacular rather than finishing with ruthless efficiency imo.

Also consider the effects that shot techique has on shot accuary it will make his connect with the ball perfectly so it will make the best his of his accuracy from any angle and volleys than any other player. There are also other things these players have like technique and curling which have an effect on chip shots.

That being said I do think he was a bit more clinical placement wise than Cantona so id probably go with something like shot accuary 89 and keep shot technique godly. Futhermore SS should be his registered position, agility and passing/teamwork could come down and dribble accuary/technique could swap.

Edit: Updated all except for Shot technique which could do with some more discussion ;)
Nrby

Postby Nrby » 2010 Apr 18, 21:00

it's all sad that he won't be used ... I mean he wasn't called up to much for England ... no patch has Southampton from that period, team which to be honest hasn't won a thing
besthunter

Postby besthunter » 2010 Apr 19, 03:05

Did his agility and spa just drop 7 and 5 points? :o

It seems like alot of these stats are just shots in the dark?

Brezza, I'm fully aware of Le tissiers ability to hit the ball flawlessly from any given situation, but I truly believe his accuracy was far more impressive. Not only did he score incredible goals where he hit impossible shots with such ease, he always put them in the hardest to reach places. You can see this time and time again in just youtube vids, his goals are always completely unsaveable due to them 95% of the time being in the hardest to reach places.

I'm not completely sure he was as clinical as natural goalscorers like Solskjaer, Owen, Torres etc.
I'm 100% positive these players could not hold a candle to him. Although youtube isn't the best source.. (due to it usually being only goals) you can still see from it that the high percentage of le tissiers shots were on another level regarding accuarcy.

He went for the spectacular rather than finishing with ruthless efficiency imo.
Tbh, I think he was the perfect combination of both 8-)

Regarding his agility drop from 87 to 80... I don't think this is fair, he seemed somewhat awkward on the pitch but he was deceptivly nimble at times. Often weaving in and out of players... I'd say hes similar to riquelme of the last few years in this aspect. If riquelmes on a 83 then le tissier should be an 82.
scotttt

Re: Matthew LE TISSIER | 1993-1995

Postby scotttt » 2010 Apr 19, 05:40

best hunter is right i watched le tiss loads as im a bit older than some of you people and he could score from any where his accuraccy wasnt decreased just because he a bit closer to the goal he just happened to play a deeper role and was too lazy to bust forward into the box. i would say his finishing was as good as anyones who played at that time and that opinion is not just from watching a few vids its from watching him over yrs. le tiss is def the most talented english player ever its just a pity he was so lazy. also his managers boobed a bit as he would have more effective in "cantona" role with no defensive responsebilities (not that he had responsibilities of a defensive kind in midfield but you can get away with that attitude more when you play up front) i think then people would have realised how good he was
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2011 Jul 05, 21:06

After watching more games and documentary's over the past year or so I'm willing to take a U-turn and agree with jurgenshunter. Shooting wise in terms of placement from literally any position ( even the corner flag on occasion ) to any part of the net was probably the best ive ever seen and he would produce them with all the effort of someone stretching while yawning.

Sure there are plenty of players with more clinical goalscoring records but they all have better positional stats and they were actual... athletes :lol:

Funny story behind his favourite goal that he scored (shown at the end of this video) Tim Flowers, who is a great mate of his always used to hang a towel in the right hand side of the goal. Before the game Le Tiss had a bet with Flowers that 'he was going to hit his towel' And he did. Genius.

He practised all the time in training to shoot as hard with the inside of his foot as well as his laces with is how he perfected those insane long range curling shots.

I agree that DA could be 92 like P1rha said, but I think response and stamina should be radically lowered and not even be yellow values, he wasn't a athlete at all probably the most unfit player in premier league player in history. He never closed down anyone or run more than 10 yards at a time. Le Tiss was one of them players that would do absolutely nothing for an hour and then ping one in on the volley from 20 yards with complete ease.

Mentality could go under testing as well if were considering the new way it is being rated in the forum. He was a lazy sod, but he was incredibly influential for the Saints. Time and time again he would come up with important last minute goals and performances when under pressure which stopped them from being relegated year after year.

Interestingly Konami gave him a yellow value for mentality ( but then they didn't give him penalties either :P )
jurgens

Postby jurgens » 2011 Jul 28, 18:31

Didn't see this post till just now, as it was in my new post on best hunter, not here :(

Glad to see you come around on the SA. Tbh I think I've done the same on the ST. I think hes one of the few players who could genuinely sit on red value for both. But what values did you have in mind?

Agree with basically everything you said. And I'd really consider a low, low value for response, he was just not a reactive player in the slightest, furthest thing from it really.

I'm sure I have some old southampton tapes from skysports... or at the very least some MOTD's I could try review to get a better all round view of him. Really one of the most talented players I have ever seen.
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2011 Aug 19, 20:03

These may look extreme but thoughts on..

Attack: 83
Stamina: 76
Response: 76
Dribble accuary: 92
Shot Accuary: 95+(?)
Mentality: 79+(?)
Condition: 5
Brezza

Postby Brezza » 2011 Sep 06, 19:27

Updated :o
Basilio

Postby Basilio » 2011 Sep 08, 17:38

does he deserve 1 touch play/pass ? i mean with his godlike ST, not bad agility plus 1 touch play/pass and awesome technique, wouldnt he perform more acrobacys and 1 touch volleys that what he used to ?
Descansa en paz Chucho
Albo7

Postby Albo7 » 2011 Sep 08, 17:43

No he wouldn't
Image TROLL KING Image

Return to “90's”