Arsenal FC - Discussion Thread

Postby PES Stats Database » 2013 Jul 17, 23:36

highlights of their friendly, 7-1

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... highlights

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Arsenal FC discussion thread

Postby midnight » 2013 Sep 09, 09:44

Ozil has that kind of quality penetration through the midfield , he just needs to work on his finishing but yeah he seems to be a very good option for them.

Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
I'm gay
Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
See Shiterable? There's nothing to be ashamed of

midnight

Postby Czino » 2013 Oct 01, 14:22

where is Serge Gnabry??

Czino

Postby jurgens » 2013 Oct 01, 20:59

I havn't liked arsenal at all this year, even though they've been winning, they havn't been playing the football I expect from them. Though today, they were brilliant and looked the best I've seen them since 2011. Amazing how much a difference arteta makes.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Tsakis » 2013 Oct 01, 21:12

The passing game at todays match VS Napoli was a joy to watch. The first half was like watching the invincible play.. Great coaching from Wenger, to sum up, nice stamina managment, good subs and at last not after 75min, great interchanging between mids and finally drills on set pieces). Seems like he along with the team got a major confidence boost after Ozil's signing...

Also today we lacked cazorla and wilshere from starting 11 and Podolski/Chambo/walcott as well...

Tsakis

Postby cartman_jmc » 2013 Oct 01, 21:27

Arsenal today scored 2 goals from the flanks while playing with 0 wingers! But maybe you don't need wingers when you have players that are so good at one-touch football. Let's wait until Cazorla returns to action. That oughta be fun!

CLICK ON SHOW TO SEE THE VIDEOS!
If you have old matches of Cassano, help me out.Post in this thread! http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=27218
cartman_jmc

Re: Arsenal FC - Discussion Thread

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2013 Oct 19, 19:17

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2013/10/1 ... als-video/

a blog where you can see the goals and highlights of the match : Arsenal Vs Norwich 4 - 1.

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby Mad_Coko » 2013 Oct 27, 22:54

Someone should make Serge Gnabry,he is in the first team and also getting some games.

Mad_Coko

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2013 Nov 03, 02:48

Did you liked the attacking midfield today? Having Rosicky, cazorla and ozil, with arteta behind them is a joy to watch.

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby cartman_jmc » 2013 Nov 03, 15:18

Very good one touch football. They have like 5 passers in the starting eleven so it's no wonder they pull stuff like this the whole game.

Spoiler: show

I also made some gifs from specific players(including Sturridge), which I will also post in each players specific page.

Cazorla WF Pass Giroud Stop

Cazorla WFF

Giroud BC

Rosicky Tackles

Rosicky Turn

CLICK ON SHOW TO SEE THE VIDEOS!
If you have old matches of Cassano, help me out.Post in this thread! http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=27218
cartman_jmc

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2013 Nov 11, 02:25

What a disgusting lose -.-

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby tomi77 » 2013 Nov 11, 09:45

I am disgusted by the way RVP was glad after the goal, what disgrace in the eyes of every Arsenal fan,
what malice was only on his face, I just can not explain his behavior, what ingratitude only in this line of thinking,
I envy the fans of Liverpool and Roma as that with a little luck maybe this year their legends Gerard and Totti will be rewarded for their loyalty.
As hard to me at this moment I admit that if he had stayed at Arsenal chances for trophies was going to be huge,
because it is precisely such player we miss.
About his betrayal, and then yesterday's disgusting attitude after the goal he transformed by the player who could be a legend to Arsenal
and would be loved forever by fans (at least for me it is the most the priceless) in the most disgusting traitor in the history of Arsenal!
And let's be under no illusion that it can become a legend of Manchester United or any other team there is no way for them it will always be Arsenal player,
but for us, as I said he is the most fucking ungrateful traitor, and let regretted for life that is wasted rare chance to be a legend
and envious of the great players like Tony Adams "Mr Arsenal", Gerard, Totti...

Wow, how inspiring sounds, speaking from the mouth of such icons as Tony Adams:

“Play for the name on the front of the shirt, and they’ll remember the name on the back.”

“I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.”

“I love Arsenal and I wish I could work for them. You know how you feel when one of your mates who writes a blog gets a post up on the dot com?
Yeah, that’s me. I’m chuffed at anything the club invites me to do and really just want to be connected at some level, any level.”

“…But it’s my football club, Arsenal Football Club, and when I get an opportunity and if I’m needed and if I’m ready then I’d love to be of service.
When I’m needed, when I’m wanted. I’ll make the tea there!”

“Fergie said I was a Manchester United player in the wrong shirt – I said he was an Arsenal manager in the wrong blazer.”

Top10 Tony Adams quotes:
http://www.theclockend.com/featured/tony-adams-quotes

That is such a moment which one traitor can never experience the throughout your life:

"Adams remains a popular figure with Arsenal fans. In December 2008, more than six years after he left the club,
Adams led out his Portsmouth side onto the pitch at Arsenal to be greeted with the chant "There's only one Tony Adams" by Arsenal fans."

I will ask the moderator as quickly as possible to get rid of him RVP from Classic Arsenal, there are many more worthy players to replace him, there will suggest some of them.

Last edited by tomi77 on 2013 Nov 24, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
tomi77

Postby Welbeck19 » 2013 Nov 11, 11:18

Van Persie had every right to celebrate his goal. He didn't celebrate last year and tried to be respectful when he scored and was met with a torrent of abuse and yet Arsenal fans expect him to respect them every time he plays or scores against them. Do Arsenal fans honestly expect him to not celebrate and show them respect while they shout abuse at him?

Welbeck19

Postby Ninos989 » 2013 Nov 14, 09:57

CR7 Scored last year against Man UTD and he didn't celebrate a goal, although he is not in man utd 4 years! That is a respect for your former club!!!

Red Star Belgrade! Champions!
Ninos989

Postby tuco55 » 2013 Nov 22, 08:32

tomi77 wrote:disgusted...disgrace...malice...ingratitude...betrayal...disgusting attitude...most disgusting traitor in the history of Arsenal...fucking ungrateful traitor...traitor

My God, that's terrible. How many people died ?

On the subject of loyalty, there is a ridiculous irony in somebody from Bulgaria(?) criticising somebody from Holland for moving between two clubs in England.

He is a professional footballer. He is entitled to go where he pleases.

The players you mention as great (loyal ?) players were all born in the cities of their clubs and joined as schoolboys. Those types of players are in the tiny minority. Taking your logic to it's conclusion, Van Persie was a 'traitor' the day he left Feyenoord.

tuco55

Postby tomi77 » 2013 Nov 23, 04:34

Hmm ... I did not know that I must be from a specific country to have the "moral" right to comment as a fan,
a particular player who obviously betrayed my favorite team (here again words like betrayed,
but he just did not make so that to deserve their antonyms).
tuco55 wrote: Taking your logic to it's conclusion, Van Persie was a 'traitor' the day he left Feyenoord.

Are you serious, no way he betray and them.
But for Arsenal was the worst possible option, he chose to strengthen a direct competitor, and it exactly MU,
how they would react, fans of Feyenoord, if he had gone Ajax instead Arsenal (below will give you a slight exampleImage)
in their case at least he went to another championship.
I remember when there was interest from Juventus for him I support him because Arsenal did nothing in the transfer market,
but its passage into MU ..... and for his .... (hahaha :mrgreen: promise tuco55 no longer use that word, at least not in this post)
there is no justification for this.

...However, clashes with his manager Bert van Marwijk saw Van Persie demoted to the reserve squad, and an irate Van Marwijk told reporters,
"His behaviour made it impossible for him to remain in the squad any longer so he will join the reserve side for the time being."

Van Persie's rift with Van Marwijk continued when he was sent home on the eve of the 2002 UEFA Super Cup final against Real Madrid
after the coach was displeased with Van Persie's body language after being asked to warm up for a Champions League qualifier.

Feyenoord unsuccessfully attempted to extend Van Persie's contract during the off-season,
and his deteriorating relationship with Van Marwijk led to his spending most of the 2003–04 season on the bench.

Feyenoord shopped him at the end of the campaign but found few takers due to Van Persie's past disciplinary issues...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_van_Persie

...Van Persie, who was jeered by his own Feyenoord fans after the switch to Highbury became public,
has vowed that the latest incident will not affect him. He discussed it with Arsenal team-mate Dennis Bergkamp
but decided not to report it to police...
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/van-per ... 54757.html

And as I mentioned Juventus let us compare the attitude of Alessandro Del Piero for Juventus, one of the greatest legends of this club,
although not from their school with that of the RVP.

After Juventus were demoted to Serie B and their last two Scudetti were revoked,
Del Piero pledged that he would stay to captain the team in Serie B.
He underlined that players should stick with the team, explaining that "The Agnelli family deserve this,
as do the fans and the new directors." While many key players such as Fabio Cannavaro, Emerson, Gianluca Zambrotta, Patrick Vieira,
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and Lilian Thuram left Turin, Del Piero chose to stay and help the club gain promotion.

Alessandro Del Piero: "A true gentleman never leaves his lady."

VS

Robin van Persie: My story on how I became an Arsenal fan.

"I had two football team shirts, one of them was A.C. Milan and the other one was Arsenal.

I was about 11 or 12 years old and I did a photo shoot in that shirt.
This guy asked me, ‘What shirt do you want to do the shoot with?’
It was my first shoot and if I had to pick one I decided to do it with the Arsenal one.

I started to support Arsenal because especially since the arrival of the boss and Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira and
players like that, Arsenal did change from what they used to say “Boring Arsenal” to a really fancy sexy football playing team.

I love this Club, I think it’s a Club of class, if you look at our people who are working for Arsenal,
from the boss to the people working at the Emirates, anyone who I speak to, anyone who is involved with Arsenal, they have class."
http://www.thegunninghawk.com/2011/05/1 ... senal-fan/

And then this:

"I always listen to the little boy inside of me in these situations—when you have to make the harder decisions in life.
What does he want? That boy was screaming for Man United."
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1844 ... ited-match

Last edited by tomi77 on 2013 Nov 24, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.
tomi77

Postby Korinov » 2013 Nov 23, 20:17

Football players are professionals and 99% of them will just go to the team that pays them more. You can't expect them to have the same 'tribal' attitude of football fans. It's a completely different mindset.

Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Korinov

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2013 Nov 23, 21:16

RVP did just what most players would do, i reckon i hated him when he left but i guess i couldn't help it at the time. Now the lose against ManU was hurtful, because, one, the winning and only goal of the match was from him, and second, the lose against a ManU who is nowhere near the team it was with Fergusson. It's true Arsenal still goes first, but the matches i just wanted them to win the most, were the ones against Tottenham (done), Liverpool (done), Chelsea (waiting for it) and ManU (...). Maybe you should do a thread about traitors, i'm just happy that we had players like Adams, and Henry, and even a loyal DT like Wenger, RVP is just not a topic to me, i wish him luck wherever he goes, Giroud is the present right now.

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2013 Nov 26, 23:36

I loved this rhombus today:

--------------Flamini
---Kos--------------------Merte
------------szczesny

Flamini did a tremendous job today cutting everything OM tried to do. Kos and Merte just let nothing pass. And szczesny didn`t have much work in the match, but had an incredible save in the last minutes of the match, an incredible response even when he couldn`t see very well.

This arsenal doesn't have so many weaknesses like past seasons.

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby Da InvIncIblEs » 2013 Dec 10, 00:43

here is a video, of all the goals of last season, enjoy.

Also a video of gnabry which could help to do his set, he displays his speed and nice touches here and there, also it gives me the same impression that he is strong like Chambo. another German prospect.

"In Wenger We Trust"
Da InvIncIblEs

Postby tomi77 » 2014 Jan 03, 11:37

Premier League Numbers And Stats...
Mathieu Flamini is the pass master :o
Arsenal
* Mathieu Flamini has recorded the highest pass completion rate of any PL regular this season with 92.4%. Three other Arsenal players (Per Mertesacker, Laurent Koscielny and Mikel Arteta) are in the top five.
* Laurent Koscielny makes more interceptions per game (2.9) than any PL centre-half.
* Arsenal are nine points better off than the same stage last season but have scored one fewer goal. They have the best defence in the PL, having conceded just 18 goals.
http://www.football365.com/f365-feature ... bers-Stats

Maybe they had to specify that passing are almost always to the nearest teammate but still the numbers are impressive.
And so when the numbers ''speak'' we must comply with them namely 92.4% = 93 spa, for pass master Flamini :lol:

tomi77

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal FC