Paddy

Re: Joel POHJANPALO

Postby tuco55 » 2012 Jul 09, 00:22

Paddy wrote:Erm.

Paddy, speak your mind. ;)

tuco55

Postby Paddy » 2012 Jul 10, 19:30

Well he's quite fast man, quite surprised by these, he's a really good player, like a younger Teemu Pukki

Paddy

Postby tuco55 » 2012 Jul 11, 04:48

He reminds me more of Mikael Forssell.

I should explain myself. I have only seen him in home games where HJK use a possession game, squeezing 8 players into the opposition half, and relying on Mannstrom and Savage to provide the creativity with little bursts of pace and short passes to find the gaps. I can honestly say I have never seen Pohjanpalo at full pace running a channel or anticipating a long ball. If you have a suggestion for his pace, feel free.

His strengths, considering his age, are his Body Balance, Response and Shot Technique. Unfortunately for him, his hat-trick against Mariehamn brought world attention, but this is only the Finnish League. Most players are barely above semi-professional.

In the game against TPS I counted 4 airshots. He is still a long way from being a good player. Much promise though.

Please help me tweak the stats though. It would be good to have you help me out Paddy if you are still watching Northern games. Don't place any large bets on Pohjanpalo yet though eh. ;)

tuco55

Postby Paddy » 2012 Jul 16, 23:52

I won't HJK aren't anywhere near what they were last year when they steam rolled teams :( and in all honesty man, I wouldn't know where to start, I don't play PES any more and have no real interest in doing so either, do you gamble yourself, or just have an interest in the division? The Forssell comparison is quite good too, but I think he's going to be a star, when he was with the reserves there were major discussions about him being thrown in the fray earlier than expected, but yeah, he has a weaker squad around him considering Ring and all have left, pity I used to look watching the division

Paddy

Postby Blizk » 2012 Jul 19, 16:35

Some suggestions below, only the ones are shown that should be changed. Possibly the most dangerous forward in the Finnish league right now. Some attributes may seem high for a 17 year old but they're still not Lukaku's level as far as I remember.

Positions: SS, CF

- He moves around a lot and gets involved, and I recall him saying this kind of play feels natural for him. I'd say SS should be his primary position for now.

Height: 182 cm
Weight: 71 kg

- These are from the league's website and sound legit because he's still a kid and gaining it (info on HJK's site seems old). Another more unofficial source supports this, it's along these lines too.

Attack: 75

- Bit of an instinct based this one, will compensate some other increases

Top Speed: 80
Acceleration: 83
Response: 78
Agility: 81

- He's generally a great athlete. When he was training at Liverpool he was told he's fast (his time on 20 meters is one of the fastest in the Finnish league). Some footage suggests he's pretty agile as well, in addition to the second goal in his famous hat-trick.

Short Pass Speed: 73
Long Pass Speed: 72

- He has a decent kicking technique, there's some power behind his passes.

Shot Accuracy: 77
Shot Power: 78
Shot Technique: 75

- He has the ability to find the corners of the net. His shot techique is clearly better than Mäkelä's whose ST is 71 here...

Jump: 78

- The guy can jump, otherwise he wouldn't have such power behind his headers. I refrain from touching the heading attribute for now, even though he's scored plenty from them.

Mentality: 75

- He's not immune to fatigue but he never seems to give up. He's scored some important late goals this season, including a winner in injury time against Inter. Also taken to account that mentality doesn't improve over time in PES.

Condition: 5
Weak Foot Accuracy: 7
Weak Foot Frequency: 8

- More or less both footed, I can't even tell which is his favoured foot when he shoots. Bumped his condition up as well.

Blizk

Postby tuco55 » 2012 Jul 20, 05:41

Thanks for the input Blizk. It is really difficult to make stats for a 17-year old and I have been conservative in most attributes.

Blizk wrote:Positions: SS, CF

- He moves around a lot and gets involved, and I recall him saying this kind of play feels natural for him. I'd say SS should be his primary position for now.

It is true that Makela is the most forward player and Pohjanpalo sits deeper so SS seems fair.

Blizk wrote:Height: 182 cm
Weight: 71 kg

- These are from the league's website and sound legit because he's still a kid and gaining it (info on HJK's site seems old). Another more unofficial source supports this, it's along these lines too.

He sure looks taller than 176 cm (I can't remember where I found that figure).

Blizk wrote:Top Speed: 80

As I said in a previous post, I haven't seen him run at possible full speed so I am open to suggestions. Is he faster than Mannström and Zeneli ?

I don't see him as really agile so I agree to a raise in his ST to compensate. 81 seems a little high. Perhaps a green figure compromise ?

Blizk wrote:Shot Accuracy: 77
Shot Power: 78
Shot Technique: 75

With the hype surrounding him, the shooting stats are what we are all interested in. He can score good goals like the 2nd goal in the hat-trick or his first goal against KR Reykjavík the other night and many people are aware of his goal tally in the reserves last year but he still shows his age and inexperience often. I have never seen a player make so many airshots in one game as he did against TPS (and I was an Exeter City season ticket holder :lol: ). He does seem to aim for the corner of the net (a good striker instinct) but drags a lot wide. I am not convinced about SA being too high yet but will increase ST.

Blizk wrote:
Mentality: 75

- He's not immune to fatigue but he never seems to give up. He's scored some important late goals this season, including a winner in injury time against Inter. Also taken to account that mentality doesn't improve over time in PES.

Condition: 5.

There seems to still be a debate about Mentality on PSD and many players have been reduced to Konami standards.

http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26939

I agree he always seems up for it and lasts the distance but he isn't a leader and 75 for a player who has only played 16 first team games is probably too high for now.

The other suggestions I agree with.

Contribute more Blizk. I need help with Schüller, Lahti and Lod. ;)

tuco55

Postby Blizk » 2012 Jul 20, 11:15

tuco55 wrote:
Blizk wrote:Top Speed: 80

As I said in a previous post, I haven't seen him run at possible full speed so I am open to suggestions. Is he faster than Mannström and Zeneli ?

I don't see him as really agile so I agree to a raise in his ST to compensate. 81 seems a little high. Perhaps a green figure compromise ?

His top speed is probably around the same with those two, and his test times and footage indicate solid acceleration. Pohjanpalo told in an interview his 20 meter time was 2,80 at Liverpool while Mikko Sumusalo, who is one of the fastest in the league, does it at 2,79.

Agility could be a green figure, I can live with that.

Now some video clips. Here's Pohjanpalo going full speed (clearly relying on it - from halfway to 16 yards in about 4 seconds): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee5xAHms_Qg#t=2m30s

And a showcase of his movement from standstill. That looks quite effortless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqtL8tRIssg#t=10m40s

Blizk

Re: Joel Pohjanpalo

Postby Blizk » 2013 Sep 02, 12:06

Loaned to Leverkusen, who loaned him to VfR Aalen in the 2. Bundesliga :roll:

http://www.vfr-aalen.de/startseite.php

Blizk

Postby tuco55 » 2013 Nov 30, 09:34

tuco55

Postby PIPA23 » 2014 Apr 28, 16:04

he will move in july for next two seasons to Fortuna Dusseldorf: http://www.fortuna-duesseldorf.de/aktue ... 05b3b34da/

PIPA23

Postby PIPA23 » 2014 Oct 03, 01:08

3 goals in 5 matches already for Fortuna Dusseldorf..

also his weight and height need change: http://www.f95.de/profis/team/kader/spi ... 46c8d4af2/

PIPA23

Postby Eternal Night » 2014 Oct 05, 13:30

Another 3 goals today...

Probably this player needs an urgent upgrade. Any suggestions?

The intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
Eternal Night

Postby Blizk » 2014 Oct 11, 21:18

I found four of his six goals from this season on Youtube. Opponents keep underestimating his speed (beat the opposing keeper to a dodgy back pass), and apparently he can finish with any legal body part. Good deal of his shots find the corners of the net, be it head or foot. In tonight's Euro 2016 qualifier he attempted a bicycle kick which showed his technical potential (low-ish cross from deep into the box).

I suggest a few notches up in speed, heading, and of course attack. Compare the last mentioned to players who have five match goal-per-game streaks in leagues comparable to 2. Bundesliga.

Blizk

Postby Eternal Night » 2014 Oct 16, 10:37

Updated.

I'll try to see a lot of matches of Fortuna Düsseldorf to follow this player. All ideas are welcome :)

The intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
Eternal Night

Return to Fortuna Düsseldorf