Carlos Valderrama | 1993-1994

Moderators: Korinov, Epsi, Adrien, ingus, Brezza, frshmn, Albo7

Carlos Valderrama | 1993-1994

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 10, 18:53

Nickname: "El Pibe"



Growth Type: Late/Lasting

INFO:

Spoiler: show
If Valderrama was walking down the street EVERY football fan would recognize him no due to his blond premed hair. Valderrama was really revolutionized football that used to rely mainly on physical abilities, Valderrama changed the game with his great technique, phenomenal passing and a fantastic eye for a pass which easily made for his lack of pace power. Valderrama had a fantastic ability also to dictate the game with his wonderful footballing brain controlling it and then almost effortlessly dispatching it to a team mate. He is widely regarded as Colombia's greatest ever footballer.

Caps:
_col Colombia: 111 appearances | 11 goals

Clubs:
_col 1983-1987 Unión Magdalena
_col 1984 C.D. Millonarios
_col 1985-1987 Deportivo Cali | 18 goals
_fra 1988-990 Montpellier Herault S.C. 77 appearances | 5 goals
_esp 1991 Real Valladolid 17 appearances | 1 goals
_col 1992 Independiente Medellín
_col 1993-1995 C.P.D. Junior 82 appearances | 4 goals
_usa 1996-1997 Tampa Bay Mutiny 43 appearances | 1 goals
_usa 1998 Miami Fusion 22 appearances
_usa 1999-2001 Tampa Bay Mutiny 77 appearances | 5 goals
_usa 2001-2002 Colorado Rapids 39 appearances | 1 goals


HONOURS:
_fra 1990 Coupe de France - Montpellier Herault SC
_col 1993 Campeonato Colombiano - Junior
_col 1995 Campeonato Colombiano - Junior
_usa 1996 MLS Supporters' Shield - Tampa Bay Mutiny
*1987 - South American Footballer of the Year.
*1987 - Included in the American Dream Team.
*1993 - South American Footballer of the Year.
*1993 - Athlete of the Year in Colombia.
*1993 - Included in the American Dream Team.
*1996 - MLS All-Star of the Year.
*1996 - Major League Soccer MVP.
*1996 - Included in the American Dream Team.
*1997 - MLS All-Star of the Year.
*1997 - Included in the MLS Dream Team.
*1998 -Included FIFA 100.
*2000 - Included in the MLS Dream Team.
*2004 - 39th in the South American Player of the Century by the IFFHS.
*2009 - Voted the greatest player in the history of Junior.
*MLS All-time leader in assists.
*Most matches played on the Colombia national football team.


VIDEOS:

Spoiler: show




ADDITIONAL LINKS:

Spoiler: show
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Valderrama

http://www.planetworldcup.com/LEGENDS/valderrama.html

http://www.biographybase.com/biography/ ... arlos.html


Last edited by Vandeach on 2009 Sep 24, 20:10, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
PES Stats Database
 
Posts: 9609
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 110 times

by »



 

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby danielfrancog » 2009 Jan 09, 07:16

ive been tring for a long time to make a player like valderrama and y think i came out with a pretty good replica


*******************

Edit (Brezza)
: Plz do not post full set of stats, only suggestions. Ty

*******************

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QOhFI5q7qw

this is the kind of player that can never be truly duplicated in a game because it was mostly his mental ability that made him famous his passes where great not only great they where outstanding(1:15) and not only the accuracy of his passes but to whom they where intend to i mean this guy could make a play out of nothing and pass it to the most unexpected player in the field (1:42) but he wasn't the most accurate player out there in front of the goal but besides his hair stile and passes the most characteristic thing about this player is that he never never never run i think that what that that video has the only times when he rune that's why i gave him such a low def attack and agre

danielfrancog
 
Posts: 211
Joined: 2009 Jan 02, 07:15
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby ravlee » 2009 Jan 09, 12:02

?! u can't be serious ATT 55 BB 85 ACC 63 DS 59 AGG 59.. just to name a few ridiculous suggestions.. do u understand the meaning of each stat?

ravlee
 

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby danielfrancog » 2009 Jan 09, 20:15

ravlee wrote:?! u can't be serious ATT 55 BB 85 ACC 63 DS 59 AGG 59.. just to name a few ridiculous suggestions.. do u understand the meaning of each stat?


look body i put that up because i already try it and it work for me cause the guy seems to stay still in the midle of the field wich it was hes stile now if you like it use it if you dont then don't that's why i put it up as a comment and not a suggestion

danielfrancog
 
Posts: 211
Joined: 2009 Jan 02, 07:15
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby Plava Čigra » 2009 May 18, 20:26

Thanks for the stats.

Height (177 cm) and weight (76 kg):
http://www.worldfootball.net/spieler_pr ... alderrama/

User avatar
Plava Čigra
 
Posts: 1378
Joined: 2009 May 04, 21:12
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby Uzair » 2010 Jan 09, 20:48

You've been really harsh on Attack. it could easily be 75.
Inversely i think you've been too generous on Defence which i think should be mid 50's.
DA could be 89. i don't think he was any worse in dribbling than a current day Deco or Van Persie.
His SA and ST look a bit harsh too. i don't think he was a poor finisher but preferred to pass rather than shoot. so both could be put up to the low 70's...for now.
I would finally put his Teamwork to 95. his vision and understanding of his teammates was worthy of this figure.

Uzair
 
Posts: 545
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 11:40
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby Fevernova » 2010 Jan 09, 20:58

I don't wanna be a pain, Vandeach, but really weird stats for an amazing AM like Pibe Valderrama, to say the least, really. I won't point out the main doubts becaise they are more than evident... :?

"Sometimes one may feel like a Mammoth, cornered by Saber tooths, but one day the Mammoth will come-back right at them..."
User avatar
Fevernova
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: 2009 Feb 17, 18:17
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby Alcohomicide » 2010 Jan 10, 04:09

Some values please, Fevernova. Or are you talking about there's not enough red and orange for your tastes? :)

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
User avatar
Alcohomicide
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: 2009 Jan 15, 17:48
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby Fevernova » 2010 Jan 10, 17:14

Alcohomicide wrote:Some values please, Fevernova. Or are you talking about there's not enough red and orange for your tastes? :)


I'm all against those (if not needed) ;) . I'm all about his lowwww ATT value, sui generis Shooting stats, DS and many other values that need at least the bit of explaining, because his was my dad's favourite player and the way he describes him (and my dad's knows his bit) it's nothing like this...

I think someone could at least explain why these extremely low value...


"Sometimes one may feel like a Mammoth, cornered by Saber tooths, but one day the Mammoth will come-back right at them..."
User avatar
Fevernova
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: 2009 Feb 17, 18:17
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby Alcohomicide » 2010 Jan 10, 21:39

Well, Vandeach made them. What were you expecting? xD Hahaha! Nah, I jest.

This isn't Valderrama yet, but it's fixable! I am worried though, that if people start posting values they'll be too high for a player who, on his day, when he could be arsed was an absolute joy to watch! But after that whole Berkovic debacle I'm worried people are gonna put him on a par with the likes of Totti and Laudrup. He was a final passer. He unlocked the defence. He was not always running into oppositions box and shooting on sight and he wasn't Maradona either. He was mainly the creator in NT and it's his passes which were most feared. That's why I sort of understand the standpoint Vandelse took.

His thru passes were fucking amazing. (but not 97 spa good, seeing as shock horror he wasn't amazing with consistency like a Totti or a Laudrup). I will try to come back with values. 'Won't be easy though. -Nod-

For now please enjoy this video that has nothing to do with any suggestions currently being considered. -Nods-



"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
User avatar
Alcohomicide
 
Posts: 2116
Joined: 2009 Jan 15, 17:48
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby sencesor » 2010 Jan 10, 22:01

Alcohomicide wrote:But after that whole Berkovic debacle...


I had to look it up.. :lol:

"Buy the ticket - take the ride" - Dr. Raoul Duke - Pure Gonzo journalism.
User avatar
sencesor
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 23:05
Location: Israhell
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby Vandeach » 2010 Jan 10, 22:01

I really don't see room for a huge amount of changes, fever. Valderrma's style involved very little movement, you do realise any big changes to his attack and defence stats would make him move around the pitch far too frequently, he could read the game, he could control the game and he could make a pass out of nothing, but he didn't move, kind of like a really lazy free-roamer. Alco, Valderrama really was 97 good, his ability to just pick out a pass was phenomenal, and certainly on par with, if not better than Xavi, in my opinion.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
User avatar
Vandeach
 
Posts: 3146
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 18:21
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby Plava Čigra » 2010 Jan 10, 23:37

First of all my suggestions for Valderrama's Cards:

P03: Classic No.10
P09: Early Cross (maybe)
S02: Passer

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

***

Now, about his Abilities...

1. I can go with slight raise in his SA and ST to 70-72 (as Uzair mentioned). He wasn't much of a goal scorer, but when he did score, his shots were decently accurate.

2. His SPA should be 95, in my opinion. M. Laudrup in his prime has SPA: 96, Totti in his prime has SPA: 92.

3. Agree with Uzair on terms of DA: 89. Maybe his DS could have a slight raise to 75-76 (just asking about DS, not suggesting ;))?

4. I wouldn't change his TW (94). It looks very good to me. I don't think he was as good as M. Laudrup in this area.

5. Maybe his Balance could be raised to 77-78 (again just asking, not suggesting ;))?

***

If this Attack/Defence ratio (values) replicate his behavior in real life, I'm ok with them. If we are looking at them just as partial Abilities, Defence seems higher then it was in real life, while Attack looks lower then it was in real life. Vandeach, this may sound as a stupid question, but I have to ask, did you test him with these values (from the previous post I assume you did, but it never hurts to get direct answer)?

User avatar
Plava Čigra
 
Posts: 1378
Joined: 2009 May 04, 21:12
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby danielfrancog » 2010 Jan 11, 04:17

one thing to say out of all of u the only one that has really seen tuis guy play is me and putting him behind riquelme in passing is just a joke and yes there is lots of things wrong with this set he WAS NEVER THIS FAST he was a hole lot stronger he could hold up 2 guys on his back he never took more than 3 steps with the ball he never went back to help in defence and his vision was far greater than say todays xabi

danielfrancog
 
Posts: 211
Joined: 2009 Jan 02, 07:15
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby Vandeach » 2010 Jan 12, 21:56

Plava Čigra wrote:First of all my suggestions for Valderrama's Cards:

P03: Classic No.10
P09: Early Cross (maybe)
S02: Passer

Attack/Defence Awareness Card: Attack Minded

***

Now, about his Abilities...

1. I can go with slight raise in his SA and ST to 70-72 (as Uzair mentioned). He wasn't much of a goal scorer, but when he did score, his shots were decently accurate.

2. His SPA should be 95, in my opinion. M. Laudrup in his prime has SPA: 96, Totti in his prime has SPA: 92.

3. Agree with Uzair on terms of DA: 89. Maybe his DS could have a slight raise to 75-76 (just asking about DS, not suggesting ;))?

4. I wouldn't change his TW (94). It looks very good to me. I don't think he was as good as M. Laudrup in this area.

5. Maybe his Balance could be raised to 77-78 (again just asking, not suggesting ;))?

***

If this Attack/Defence ratio (values) replicate his behavior in real life, I'm ok with them. If we are looking at them just as partial Abilities, Defence seems higher then it was in real life, while Attack looks lower then it was in real life. Vandeach, this may sound as a stupid question, but I have to ask, did you test him with these values (from the previous post I assume you did, but it never hurts to get direct answer)?


1. I wouldn't say so, I think if we give him 70's in shooting, he will not only be too accurate, he'll shoot far too frequently too. Of course it's only logical that because of his ability to pass he must be able shoot with fantastic accuracy too, and I'm not doubting that, but we have to consider the effect 70+ SA and ST will have.

2. I actually think his actual passing should be 97 at least compared with today's players, he was not worse than Xavi in this area, though Xavi could probably be on a 95 with Valderrama on a 96.

3. Hmm.. I guess his DA could go up, but I'm not sure on raising his DS, he doesn't ever run... really, in fact I think I may have overrated his speed stats and his TS and ACC could probably sit on 74 and 73 respectively. So I'll test those speed stats with 75 DS.

4. Agree.

5. Possibly, that seems fair. ;)

Oh, and I think the A/D ratio is fine where it is, he really doesn't move around much and just kind of wandered around the pitch, looking for a good pass. I think his LPS could be green as well, to more replicate his floaty style of passes.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
User avatar
Vandeach
 
Posts: 3146
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 18:21
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby danielfrancog » 2010 Jan 13, 01:45

once again (i know im beeng ignore but WE) DS what DS he did not move with the ball on his feet defence shouldnt be over 40 he NEVER came back to get the ball and BB needs an update asap he was really strong for his higth and weight hoo and first touch pass is a most he wasnt one of those playmakers who slow down play he was really fast for passing in fact he was famost not only for the quality of hes passes but the quikness of his brain to do the passes (team work and first touch pass)

danielfrancog
 
Posts: 211
Joined: 2009 Jan 02, 07:15
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby Fevernova » 2010 Jan 13, 17:15

danielfrancog wrote:once again (i know im beeng ignore but WE) DS what DS he did not move with the ball on his feet defence shouldnt be over 40 he NEVER came back to get the ball and BB needs an update asap he was really strong for his higth and weight hoo and first touch pass is a most he wasnt one of those playmakers who slow down play he was really fast for passing in fact he was famost not only for the quality of hes passes but the quikness of his brain to do the passes (team work and first touch pass)


I think U should suggest exact values, so the users can know what´s on ur mind, danielfrancog... ;)

"Sometimes one may feel like a Mammoth, cornered by Saber tooths, but one day the Mammoth will come-back right at them..."
User avatar
Fevernova
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: 2009 Feb 17, 18:17
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby danielfrancog » 2010 Jan 14, 03:49

Fevernova wrote:
danielfrancog wrote:once again (i know im beeng ignore but WE) DS what DS he did not move with the ball on his feet defence shouldnt be over 40 he NEVER came back to get the ball and BB needs an update asap he was really strong for his higth and weight hoo and first touch pass is a most he wasnt one of those playmakers who slow down play he was really fast for passing in fact he was famost not only for the quality of hes passes but the quikness of his brain to do the passes (team work and first touch pass)


I think U should suggest exact values, so the users can know what´s on ur mind, danielfrancog... ;)


ok
DEf 40 or less as far as i remember he never came back to get a ball
BB 83-85 like i said he did not move with te ball rather take it hold it pass it
TS 70
ACC 72 max
DS 69-73 he really did not move with the ball
SPA 98 on pair with xabi (i picture him over xabi but i think xabi is overrated)
TW 97 same as SPA i put him above xabi but i think xabi is overrated

* first touch pass

danielfrancog
 
Posts: 211
Joined: 2009 Jan 02, 07:15
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby adilosos » 2010 Feb 13, 09:32

Uzair wrote:You've been really harsh on Attack. it could easily be 75.
Inversely i think you've been too generous on Defence which i think should be mid 50's.
DA could be 89. i don't think he was any worse in dribbling than a current day Deco or Van Persie.
His SA and ST look a bit harsh too. i don't think he was a poor finisher but preferred to pass rather than shoot. so both could be put up to the low 70's...for now.
I would finally put his Teamwork to 95. his vision and understanding of his teammates was worthy of this figure.

Agree.

adilosos
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 2010 Feb 06, 11:45
Location: almaty
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Carlos VALDERRAMA | 1993-1994

Postby manoloxcr17 » 2010 May 19, 06:11

What about a new set? I can work with anyone who wants, I know Valderrama and maybe we can work in a better set of stats.

Farts stinks like a mother fucker!
User avatar
manoloxcr17
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: 2009 Apr 11, 02:15
Location: Lima, Perú
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Next

Return to 90's

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest