Younès Kaboul

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Younès Kaboul

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 10, 07:36

Powerful and athletic young French defender and is actually vastly underrated, many people mocked Harry Redknapp and Martin Jol for purchasing him, but truth is he only really needed proper defensive coaching, remember when Portsmouth had Tony Adams? He really stepped up his game. He has all the right attributes, pace, power, technical ability and two good feet, he just needs some work. Well Kaboul hasn't had the runs in the team he needs, when he's shown people believe in him, he excels for example look at how well he did at Auxerre and in Tony Adam's short stint as manager.

Defence: This is one of Kaboul's main weaknesses. His positioning is pretty poor on Premiership standard and this becomes distinctly clear when faced with a clever striker, he improved on this area, but it sill needs a lot of work.

Balance: Kaboul is very strong, unsuprising though when you look at his height and weight. Kaboul wins the vast majority of physical duels against strikers and is probably Portsmouth's second strongest defender(1st place of course going to the human brick wall that is Sol Campbell), only the very biggest strikers out-muscle Younes Kaboul)

Pace: A rather underrated feature of Kaboul and one that usually goes unnoticed, he is suprisingly quick, don't get me wrong he is by no means quick off the mark and is often beaten in the first few steps, making some people think he is slow, however when he's built up pace, he is actually quite quick.

Response: Kaboul's timing is actually rather good, unfortunately people don't often notice this due to him being overshadowed by Sol Campbell and Sylvain Distin both of whom are experts in timing their tackles.

Passing: For a centre-half Kaboul is very comfortable with the ball, and which also makes him comfortable as a DMF, his passing is safe but accurate and is quite a contrast to Sol Campbell's 'just whack it' startegy.

Technique: A rather elegant centre-back, Kaboul also possesses a great first-touch, he can take the ball down marvelously and having a look at Brede Hangeland, I don't think a 77 is unfair for another very technical centre-back.

Credits to Vandeach

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Younes KABOUL

Postby Tom » 2008 Dec 19, 11:16

He's made magnificent strides in his development at Portsmouth, most probably due to the Defensive Coaching from Tony Adams, but he's certainly proving some of these stats wrong now. It's funny to think that the press mocked 'Arry Redknapp for purchasing him

With some of the technical areas, I plan to wait a while before suggesting value. But with the physical stats, it's quite apparant that some changes are needed.

He's proving to be quite a pacy defender, and I feel that the current values for Speed and Acceleration are far too harsh for him. Sure, they've got the right idea that he lacks a bit of acceleration over the first yard, but it's not to this degree. And his Top Speed should definitely be higher, this cumbersome giant is surprisingly pacy!

I'd have had his SPS and LPS higher. He can put some power behind his passes and does like to supply long passes down the pitch. There's not much accuracy in them, I can remember this at Auxerre, but he can put the power behind them.

Tom

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 20, 20:37

(DMF Optional)....

nah DMF*

Paddy

Postby bitz » 2009 Mar 07, 19:14

Anyone agree with Gooner's suggestions?

Visit my alt thread: http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=1011&t=25348
bitz

Postby deity86 » 2009 Mar 07, 20:30

Although I'm not sure about values, I agree with the suggestions.

deity86

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Apr 10, 19:38

I've given him a slight tweak ;).

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Apr 12, 07:00

If his Passing speeds need to be that high...should his accuracy go down a bit? I'm just afraid he might be too good at his passing as increasing the passing speeds make the passes less likely to be intercepted.

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby GavidTreveguet » 2009 Apr 13, 21:31

Cracking goal by him against West Brom at the weekend. Demonstrated high shooting stats (particularly power!), decent agility and good dribble accuracy.

GavidTreveguet

Postby Vandeach » 2009 May 03, 20:34

jmg721 wrote:If his Passing speeds need to be that high...should his accuracy go down a bit? I'm just afraid he might be too good at his passing as increasing the passing speeds make the passes less likely to be intercepted.

I think his speeds are OK actually he definitely gets power behind his passes, if not always the accuracy however his passing is definitely in the top range for a centre-back, I'm struggling to think of a Serie A comparison but he definitely has a good passing range for a CB, there is a reason he was often played as a DMF at Auxerre.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
Vandeach

Postby deity86 » 2009 Jun 01, 22:32

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/profileid=42191&league=ENG.1&season=2008&cc=5739

Has him down at 191cm - 87kg. At least needs a weight in the 1st post ;)

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jun 02, 15:06

Updated, some stats where ridiculously out of date.

Vandeach

Postby Nrby » 2009 Aug 23, 14:50

wonder if that's a 79 in jump :P

Nrby

Postby deity86 » 2009 Aug 23, 19:12

Reminds me of the goal Alex scored against us for PSV a few years back in terms of the height of the jump, both got just about above the crossbar :lol:

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
deity86

Postby Ken » 2009 Aug 23, 21:40

Nrby wrote:

wonder if that's a 79 in jump :P

That was one heck of a jump, too bad he can't do that consistently or else he would be a nightmare for any defender/goalkeeper 8-)

Ken

Postby dsc748 » 2009 Aug 23, 21:49

The first jump is also pretty good although the second was star rating jump.. Maybe the first one is the most likely to be the normal jump.

dsc748

Postby Sekularac » 2009 Aug 23, 23:48

This was GOD region jump, let say 95. And say that this was his RED day(condition). According to that his JUMP should be 85-86. What do you think?

-VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT-
Sekularac

Postby Ken » 2009 Aug 24, 02:42

Sekularac wrote:This was GOD region jump, let say 95. And say that this was his RED day(condition). According to that his JUMP should be 85-86. What do you think?

Well, that would be reasonable, but I think he can only produce that kind of jump like 1 time per 2,3 years, normally his jump is just decent, so he can't get that kind of value.

Ken

Postby N3KR0 » 2009 Aug 24, 03:18

Ken wrote:
Sekularac wrote:This was GOD region jump, let say 95. And say that this was his RED day(condition). According to that his JUMP should be 85-86. What do you think?

Well, that would be reasonable, but I think he can only produce that kind of jump like 1 time per 2,3 years, normally his jump is just decent, so he can't get that kind of value.

Dont forget hes like 191 cm long ..

N3KR0

Postby Paddy » 2009 Sep 09, 14:51

So's he goign to updated?

Paddy

Postby Pompey Fan » 2009 Sep 09, 16:07

He could do with being updated. he has improved a lot and his pedigree has gone up so much. :)

Portsmouth Football Club
Pompey Fan

Next

Return to Tottenham Hotspur FC