Kevin Strootman

Moderators: zuo, čale, crisfar, Epsi, Mod's

Kevin Strootman

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 20:38

Very young midfielder. Praised for his vision, passing and shots.
Look at those passes!. In the future he probably will be deserving playmaking* and MS*.

Highlights of Sparta - NAC, 4th goal is Strootman
And great shot at 2:35, nice pass @ 4:22 (+ watch the assist (Falkenburg) and goal (Poepon)), another nice shot @ 6:53, and the goal @7:52, again a shot @ 8:55 :blink:

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Kevin STROOTMAN

Postby A-SK » 2009 Jun 12, 03:39

The first post is a year old. Is this kid doing well or.....
He could easily be the next Dutch Xabi Van der Alonso :lol: Could do with an update, no?

A-SK

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2009 Aug 06, 20:12

Deserving of a little update.

I suggest:

Attack: 70/71 --> Is always looking for attacking options and charges forward whenever he can. Moreso an offensive-minded midfielder.
Balance: 83 --> Quite capable of holding off a player, or two.
Stamina: 82 --> He can last 90 minutes with some ease.
Response: 77 --> Shows a very good reading of the game in the defensive area and prove to be a decent tackler in midfield a few times.
LPA: 83 --> Superb long passer of Sparta. May even deserve higher.
LPS: 78 --> A tad bit harder.
Technique: 81 --> Excellent first touch when receiving a ball and awaiting the movement of a striker.
Condition: 6

*Playmaking

I wouldn't give him the Middle Shooting star as his shots always have a lot of swirl on them along with the power.
Aggression: 77 --> As I said, loves to rush forward when in possesion.

Buon compleanno, il pibe d'oro.
Ajacied_Breda1

Postby spinaL » 2009 Aug 11, 11:28

Agree with all except with your middle shooting suggestion, his shots are mostly straight without a curve and with much power. so i suggest to add Middle-shooting*

EREDIVISIE SUPPORT
spinaL

Postby s-cobar » 2009 Aug 11, 11:29

agree with the suggestions and with spinals idea of *middle shooting

s-cobar

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2009 Aug 19, 09:18

Updated the suggestions, bar *Middle Shooting. Waiting for more discussion regarding that.

Ajacied_Breda1

Postby Fides » 2009 Aug 23, 12:19

Is he really this strong?

Fides

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2009 Aug 23, 16:42

Since when is 83 considered "strong"? It's an average number really. Not really good but not really bad either.

Ajacied_Breda1

Postby Tom » 2009 Aug 28, 13:14

I completely disagree with the current Weaker Foot stats, he has a fantastic pair of feet and is really two footed showing decent accuracy when he uses his opposite foot. 4 - for both values - doesn't do him any justice whatsoever.

Surely his passing speeds have to be higher as well? He produces very pacy passes and keeps the game at a consistently high tempo whilst also making his passes very smooth and accurate. The current LPS value makes his long passes and crosses too lofty and they become quite easy to intercept, he should sit on a value within the 82-84 range for his Long Pass Speed and an 81-82 for his Short Pass Speed. Ajacied was also right in saying that he could have a higher LPA value, his long passes are absolutely outstanding and are hugely accomplished for someone of his age. Having said that, he shouldn't really be above someone like Stephen Ireland who, I believe, sits on an 84 for his LPA. On the other hand, Strootman does need a higher Team Work value, it should make his passing more smooth and more accurate due to a heightened knowledge of his team-mates movements.

He should also have a higher Mentality value. When he goes forward he really puts his opponents under pressure when they are in possession of the ball, closing them down in order for them to make a mistake. A 75 doesn't reflect this, it actually implies that he's below the "average" Mentality value and that he often gives up when the going gets tough. Whilst he's not a supremely hard-worker when his team does concede (which happens a lot at Sparta :D), the current value doesn't seem fair.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets snapped up by a Top German side in the not-too-distant future. ;)

Tom

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2009 Aug 28, 21:07

GoonerLover66 wrote:I completely disagree with the current Weaker Foot stats, he has a fantastic pair of feet and is really two footed showing decent accuracy when he uses his opposite foot. 4 - for both values - doesn't do him any justice whatsoever.

Surely his passing speeds have to be higher as well? He produces very pacy passes and keeps the game at a consistently high tempo whilst also making his passes very smooth and accurate. The current LPS value makes his long passes and crosses too lofty and they become quite easy to intercept, he should sit on a value within the 82-84 range for his Long Pass Speed and an 81-82 for his Short Pass Speed. Ajacied was also right in saying that he could have a higher LPA value, his long passes are absolutely outstanding and are hugely accomplished for someone of his age. Having said that, he shouldn't really be above someone like Stephen Ireland who, I believe, sits on an 84 for his LPA. On the other hand, Strootman does need a higher Team Work value, it should make his passing more smooth and more accurate due to a heightened knowledge of his team-mates movements.

He should also have a higher Mentality value. When he goes forward he really puts his opponents under pressure when they are in possession of the ball, closing them down in order for them to make a mistake. A 75 doesn't reflect this, it actually implies that he's below the "average" Mentality value and that he often gives up when the going gets tough. Whilst he's not a supremely hard-worker when his team does concede (which happens a lot at Sparta :D), the current value doesn't seem fair.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets snapped up by a Top German side in the not-too-distant future. ;)

I don't particularly agree with his "two-footedness". It's obvious that he's weaker with his left, when he receives a ball he always search out for his right. Just look at the moments more often, you'll see he generally always positions himself so that he can perfectly make use of his right and tries to avoid coming in a situation where he's forced to use his left boot.

Personally, I feel he's passingwise the best player in our league along with Schaars that doesn't play for Ajax or PSV (bar Honda). In particular his long passing is already very good for his age. I'd give him 81 for SPS and 83 for LPS. His LPA could possibly be even higher than an 84, even though I feel that's very high for an Eredivisie player already. For his TW, I'd use an 82.

How does a 78 for Mentality sound?

Ajacied_Breda1

Postby Tunt_PSV » 2009 Sep 04, 16:59

He's a big talent I think
Maybe his Shot Technique around 79?

Tunt_PSV

Postby spinaL » 2009 Sep 13, 22:55

Updated him with help of suggestions ;)

EREDIVISIE SUPPORT
spinaL

Postby shook81 » 2009 Sep 15, 00:56

I believe he weighs 80 kg now...

shook81

Postby Fides » 2009 Oct 19, 11:08

Captained the team, and scored the decisive goal in the derby vs. Feyenoord. Quite neat for a 19 year old. His dribbling is better I feel. DA could be 78/79 and his DS: 77. His ST is also pretty brilliant, doenst need a lot of space to fire a powerfull or well placed shot.

Fides

Postby spinaL » 2009 Oct 19, 17:21

Fides wrote:Captained the team, and scored the decisive goal in the derby vs. Feyenoord. Quite neat for a 19 year old. His dribbling is better I feel. DA could be 78/79 and his DS: 77. His ST is also pretty brilliant, doenst need a lot of space to fire a powerfull or well placed shot.

Totally agree, what i like about him is that he plays like a experienced player for a guy at the age of 19, superb passing and vision definitely one for the future 8-)

EREDIVISIE SUPPORT
spinaL

Postby spinaL » 2009 Nov 09, 23:06

Updated with suggestions :D

EREDIVISIE SUPPORT
spinaL

Postby A-SK » 2009 Nov 15, 07:07

here's a less posed pic ;)

A-SK