Edwin VAN DER SAR

Moderator: Mod's

Edwin VAN DER SAR

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 09, 18:00

Paddy

by »

Re: Edwin VAN DER SAR

Postby manutd » 2008 Dec 13, 06:54

I thought that long ago in former forum every1 agreed that he should have 95 defence as it is his main strength

manutd

Postby TheTrueSeto » 2008 Dec 14, 10:37

manutd wrote:I thought that long ago in former forum every1 agreed that he should have 95 defence as it is his main strength

I agree

And, shouldn't his balance be 85/86? I think he is a little stronger than Reina

TheTrueSeto

Postby S-J23 » 2008 Dec 14, 14:32

yes, I agree it is his main strength that is why it is rated highest of all of his attributes.. but I do not agree with further increase.. he isn't so brilliant at positioning himself.. especially not during last two seasons..

S-J23

Postby fillerup » 2008 Dec 16, 13:26

TheTrueSeto wrote:
manutd wrote:I thought that long ago in former forum every1 agreed that he should have 95 defence as it is his main strength

I agree

And, shouldn't his balance be 85/86? I think he is a little stronger than Reina

agree

fillerup

Postby manutd » 2008 Dec 16, 13:36

ok, agree with balebce

manutd

Postby Nrby » 2008 Dec 16, 17:07

Yeah it was proposed at one point but Fides thought that would be to close to his world class day's at Ajax ... but still I think that he only improved with age in this area ... so 95 is ok

Nrby

Postby Fides » 2008 Dec 16, 17:18

I dont think I ever said it like that:P I actually think he became a better goalie after leaving Ajax.

Fides

Postby imi » 2008 Dec 17, 06:18

i have some problem by some abilities on goalies, e.g. here ( i'm agree he deserves 95) if we give him Def 95 so by this value he'll be on great positions on goal so he dont need last jump ( 79 ) also in real life he has great posisioning but his jumps (not while runing) arent more than 75 because he dont need high jumps when he is near the ball ;) and in other hand we must notice to his height (197cm).
at the end: Def 95 and Jump 75

another goalie that has these problems is Cech that he has Def 94 and jump 85 while his height is 195.i think his jump should go down to 80.
------------------
Q:when ManU defenders are in bad condition that they cannt pass to others,VDS move to good place that they could pass to him.
this great mind dont show his teamwork? if not it shows which ability?

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

imi

Postby S-J23 » 2008 Dec 17, 06:41

five (four, maybe.. not sure if Naud's statement was an agreement) people agreed to 95 defence so I will update it..

S-J23

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 17, 19:52

he's 38

Paddy

Postby Vandeach » 2008 Dec 17, 21:33

I don't agree with this update actually. His defensive positioning for a goalkeeper isn't the 2nd best in the world the current value of 93 was absolutley perfect for him.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby S-J23 » 2008 Dec 18, 07:55

Vandeach wrote:I don't agree with this update actually. His defensive positioning for a goalkeeper isn't the 2nd best in the world the current value of 93 was absolutley perfect for him.

I absolutely agree with you.. but five people did agree so even if we count our two votes as negative.. you get three agrees to that original suggestion which is still enough..

honestly, as I've reasoned before.. he started to 'fall apart' during previous season.. it was nothing rapid but you could see he quite often made a positional mistake, quite often a handling mistake.. and pretty often he misunderstood the others around! also his mentality (no, not the game attribute) is not the same anymore.. I mean his behaviour.. he is kinda doing pretty funky things sometime.. and it's something Tévez is doing lately.. but at least he's got a reason.. van der Sar is the number one.. so I am not sure why this occurs..

but to be fair.. I do agree that during last weeks.. he started to improve again.. but we need to look at things fairly and squarely.. also ÄŒech improved since his 'faulty times' and did he get an update yet? I'd not be surprised if someone would reason 'an early' upgrade with saying that van der Sar got an update after few good weeks.. and that's how it looks in my eyes.. honestly, he was shitty during last season and during early current season, too.. ÄŒech was improving from the start of the season and he is not updated..

unfair? in my eyes, yes..

S-J23

Postby TheTrueSeto » 2008 Dec 18, 12:02

So its back to 93 again? So you can just reverse an update by having 2 people disagreeing right after it?

TheTrueSeto

Postby jmg721 » 2008 Dec 18, 12:12

I honestly wouldn't agree mainly on the basis that I haven't heard a really good arguement yet to why he should. The difference b/n a 93 and a 95 shoudn't be based on....he's playing better now :?

I'd like to hear more discussion of how his Defensive posiitioning compares to the likes of Buffon(96), Casillas (94), Cech (94), Julio Cesar(92)....

Because the next discussion will be to raise these guys, because of the van der sar raise.

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby TheTrueSeto » 2008 Dec 18, 12:18

Well...I think Cech deserves 95 for defence

TheTrueSeto

Postby Nrby » 2008 Dec 18, 12:23

Well my argument would be as following ... VDS hasn't got the the best response or GK skill ... and watching him I can say that response and gk are accurate ... he dose tend to spill balls or parry them away in opposition to catching them ... if he would improve in this aspect (I highly doubt he will improve any more :P ) he would deserve GK skills in the 90's ... moving on reflexes are still very very good for his age ... but 90% of the time he makes his job very easy due to his splendid positioning ... even some of his reflex saves are manly due to him already having the best position possible to make that save ... that's what I see ... and that's the main reason he still is a top keeper

Nrby

Postby S-J23 » 2008 Dec 18, 14:07

TheTrueSeto wrote:So its back to 93 again? So you can just reverse an update by having 2 people disagreeing right after it?

actually I don't think so and I didn't reverse or change anything.. and I got to agree with Norbert on his reasoning.. because it's the reason why he should have high defence rating.. and that's also why Buffon has the highest rating.. but I am not sure van der Sar is right behind him.. my opinion is that 93 was really enough for him as that made him be in the top 5.. but seriously.. I can respect if majority has a different opinion.. and it does.. so actually.. I just did update it.. just because my screen name is in green doesn't mean I've double/triple votes or shit.. and it was 95 during the time I posted my previous comment and who changed it back is beyond me..

but my suggestion would be putting van der Sar to 94.. alongside ÄŒech at the moment and I'd not say that one of these guys is better than the other.. Buffon reigns supreme when it comes to positional play and that's how it was in past and that's how it is gonna stay in (at least!) near future imho..

but also.. I was respectable to 95 value because I wanted to suggest an update for ÄŒech which would put him on par.. because it's true that Casillas kinda falls behind (even though he is very excellent) but still he simply does not reach technical abilities of Buffon or van der Sar.. (physical abilities are out of question at the moment)

S-J23

Postby manutd » 2008 Dec 19, 11:28

He really deserves 95 as it's his main strength.

manutd

Postby Vandeach » 2008 Dec 19, 14:33

Yes but it will be his main strength at 93. I think people are forgetting that 93 is an absolutley phenomenal value and puts him in the top 3 in the world, why does it have to be raise,raise,raise with top 4 teams?

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Next

Return to Retired Players