Aaron Ramsey

Moderators: vinnie, Jez, BigStu, Mod's

Aaron Ramsey

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:57

Image


VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show


Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Jan 21, 19:49, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
User avatar
PES Stats Database
 
Posts: 10026
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 123 times

by »



 

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby blackzidane » 2008 Dec 17, 05:55

technique should be between 79-80 max.

no way is he more adept at controlling a ball over Merida, Rui Fonte or Jack Wilshere...IMO this player is highly overrated....

SPA could be dropped to a 77 his short passing game is sub par at best, he has a better long passing range than short.

That being said, team work should be dropped a few points as well. Again I'm thinking the 75-77 range

Arsenal FC
blackzidane
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 18:52
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby Tom » 2008 Dec 17, 09:19

blackzidane wrote:technique should be between 79-80 max.

no way is he more adept at controlling a ball over Merida, Rui Fonte or Jack Wilshere...IMO this player is highly overrated....

SPA could be dropped to a 77 his short passing game is sub par at best, he has a better long passing range than short.

That being said, team work should be dropped a few points as well. Again I'm thinking the 75-77 range


With Technique, I agree, but the rest of your post is total rubbish.

His short passing game is superb for a guy of his age, his accurarcy within his short passes. At both Cardiff and Arsenal he has trained in short passing triangles and is quite a formidable force when it comes to the speed and accuracy of these passes. Of course, his long passing game is his main quality, but to say that his short passing is sub-par is total rubbish. There was due reason for him being dubbed "the Next Fabregas"

And I can't understand your Team Work suggestion. His understanding with his team-mates is decent, at Cardiff and in the Welsh team he has proved this, providing passes a move or two ahead of the game. His Team Work stat is quite representative of his vision, which alongside his long passing abilities, is a huge part of his game!

There's only a few faults I can find in the first post, and that's his LPS (which I reckon should be higher as his long passes can amass some distance and can be hit with some ferocity) and possibly his Balance (He's showing his physical strength more in the Reserves, and has been able to contest some physical battles when he has been played in the holding role).

User avatar
Tom
 
Posts: 2528
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 15:18
Location: Swansea
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby blackzidane » 2008 Dec 17, 15:09

GoonerLover66 wrote:With Technique, I agree, but the rest of your post is total rubbish.

His short passing game is superb for a guy of his age, his accurarcy within his short passes. At both Cardiff and Arsenal he has trained in short passing triangles and is quite a formidable force when it comes to the speed and accuracy of these passes. Of course, his long passing game is his main quality, but to say that his short passing is sub-par is total rubbish. There was due reason for him being dubbed "the Next Fabregas"

And I can't understand your Team Work suggestion. His understanding with his team-mates is decent, at Cardiff and in the Welsh team he has proved this, providing passes a move or two ahead of the game. His Team Work stat is quite representative of his vision, which alongside his long passing abilities, is a huge part of his game!

There's only a few faults I can find in the first post, and that's his LPS (which I reckon should be higher as his long passes can amass some distance and can be hit with some ferocity) and possibly his Balance (He's showing his physical strength more in the Reserves, and has been able to contest some physical battles when he has been played in the holding role).


That's your opinion mate. Please refrain from calling my views "rubbish" as they are my views. I personally think his stats are overrated because he plays for Arsenal and the media has dubbed him "the next Fabregas" Without him ever putting in a decent shift where he doesn't fade out of a game after the first 30 minutes. He's still young and by the time he's maybe 19 or even by next year those stats may be justified with his performances on the pitch, but as of right now he is very overrated.

Arsenal FC
blackzidane
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 18:52
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby Tom » 2008 Dec 18, 09:10

blackzidane wrote:
GoonerLover66 wrote:With Technique, I agree, but the rest of your post is total rubbish.

His short passing game is superb for a guy of his age, his accurarcy within his short passes. At both Cardiff and Arsenal he has trained in short passing triangles and is quite a formidable force when it comes to the speed and accuracy of these passes. Of course, his long passing game is his main quality, but to say that his short passing is sub-par is total rubbish. There was due reason for him being dubbed "the Next Fabregas"

And I can't understand your Team Work suggestion. His understanding with his team-mates is decent, at Cardiff and in the Welsh team he has proved this, providing passes a move or two ahead of the game. His Team Work stat is quite representative of his vision, which alongside his long passing abilities, is a huge part of his game!

There's only a few faults I can find in the first post, and that's his LPS (which I reckon should be higher as his long passes can amass some distance and can be hit with some ferocity) and possibly his Balance (He's showing his physical strength more in the Reserves, and has been able to contest some physical battles when he has been played in the holding role).


That's your opinion mate. Please refrain from calling my views "rubbish" as they are my views. I personally think his stats are overrated because he plays for Arsenal and the media has dubbed him "the next Fabregas" Without him ever putting in a decent shift where he doesn't fade out of a game after the first 30 minutes. He's still young and by the time he's maybe 19 or even by next year those stats may be justified with his performances on the pitch, but as of right now he is very overrated.


Yes, I was harsh to call them rubbish. But the fact that he's fading in and out of games is not reflective of his technical abilities at all and that's a Mentality and a Consistency issue. But I disagree about saying that he hasn't put in decent shifts, he definitely put in a full 90 minutes worth at Cardiff and in the few games he has played for Wales. He may not be doing it regularly as such. But using the word "ever" is just harsh as me using the word "rubbish".

And I find it funny that you've said that he's only been given those stats because he's at Arsenal, because the stats were actually made when he was still at Cardiff :roll:

User avatar
Tom
 
Posts: 2528
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 15:18
Location: Swansea
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby blackzidane » 2008 Dec 18, 15:15

GoonerLover66 wrote:Yes, I was harsh to call them rubbish. But the fact that he's fading in and out of games is not reflective of his technical abilities at all and that's a Mentality and a Consistency issue. But I disagree about saying that he hasn't put in decent shifts, he definitely put in a full 90 minutes worth at Cardiff and in the few games he has played for Wales. He may not be doing it regularly as such. But using the word "ever" is just harsh as me using the word "rubbish".

And I find it funny that you've said that he's only been given those stats because he's at Arsenal, because the stats were actually made when he was still at Cardiff :roll:


OK, mate. Maybe I was a bit too harsh on the rating of the player, I have only ever watched him since he came to Arsenal...so I guess you have a better judgment of the player since you were watching him in his Cardiff days.

I still feel his SPA is a bit high, maybe 79? I would suggest 80, but would that make a difference?

Arsenal FC
blackzidane
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 18:52
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby TheTrueSeto » 2008 Dec 25, 05:14

I've yet to see him misplace a pass and they aren't just 5 yarders so his passing stats are fine

TheTrueSeto
 
Posts: 335
Joined: 2008 Dec 14, 10:27
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby quincy_huang » 2008 Dec 28, 03:50

TheTrueSeto wrote:I've yet to see him misplace a pass and they aren't just 5 yarders so his passing stats are fine

agree here
does anyone think his repsonse should be higher?
the match he played against aston villa show he isnt slow with reaction..

quincy_huang
 
Posts: 197
Joined: 2008 Dec 12, 09:30
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby Tom » 2008 Dec 28, 12:48

quincy_huang wrote:
TheTrueSeto wrote:I've yet to see him misplace a pass and they aren't just 5 yarders so his passing stats are fine

agree here
does anyone think his repsonse should be higher?
the match he played against aston villa show he isnt slow with reaction..


That seems fair, the stats were made before the Response revolution. But the most I'd give him at the moment is a 78/79, he still mistimes his tackles.

I've also made some general changes in LPS and Balance.

User avatar
Tom
 
Posts: 2528
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 15:18
Location: Swansea
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby quincy_huang » 2008 Dec 29, 00:49

GoonerLover66 wrote:
quincy_huang wrote:
TheTrueSeto wrote:I've yet to see him misplace a pass and they aren't just 5 yarders so his passing stats are fine

agree here
does anyone think his repsonse should be higher?
the match he played against aston villa show he isnt slow with reaction..


That seems fair, the stats were made before the Response revolution. But the most I'd give him at the moment is a 78/79, he still mistimes his tackles.

I've also made some general changes in LPS and Balance.

hence how would u rate him?

quincy_huang
 
Posts: 197
Joined: 2008 Dec 12, 09:30
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby blackzidane » 2009 Jan 26, 13:59

After seeing him play against Cardiff this weekend, this must justify my suggestions in points drop for SPA. There is no way you can defend his poor accuracy as every pas he made was off target. This wasn't his first match where he played so poorly either...he drifts out of games after the first 20 minutes.

Arsenal FC
blackzidane
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 18:52
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jul 03, 15:52

A few end of season tweaks...

Balance: The current value was slightly too low, he holds off physical challenges well and can be quite strong, I've raised it to a solid 80.

Response: As mentioned above, he isn't this slow to react and is fairly alert in the middle of the park, but as Tom pointed out, he still mistimes his tackles, so it'd be unfair to put him on a yellow value just yet.

Dribbling: He has shown a decent level of close control on the ball and keeps a fair amount of pace on it, he isn't a mazy dribbler by any means, but his close control is fairly good.

Shooting: I have lowered his shooting slightly, nothing drastic, but it was unfair for him to be above the likes of Reo-Coker and Lucas, both of whom have shown at least as much accuracy as Ramsey in shooting, I've raised SP by 2 though, his shots weren't that weak.

Curling: His passes have far more curl than that, they are hardly dead straight. His passes both short and long have a fantastic amount of curl on, although this can be seen more regularly with short passes.

Technique: I've lowered due to suggestion by blackzidane and agreement by GoonerLover66.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
User avatar
Vandeach
 
Posts: 3127
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 18:21
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby deity86 » 2009 Jul 03, 17:05

He's looking good, hopefully he can get a bit more of a chance next season. One thing I do feel he needs is a higher Aggression, he needs to be level with Fabregas (76) if not slightly higher. He likes joining up in attack and seems a little less reserved than Cesc.

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
User avatar
deity86
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: 2009 Feb 24, 17:15
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby deity86 » 2009 Jul 03, 21:23

Just gave it another look over and I think you may have been a bit harsh on his SA, he's level with John Obi Mikel! :D Fair enough he shouldn't be above the like of Reo-Coker and Lucas but they have 70 and 71 respectively, he does have decent accuracy in his shots and maybe a 69 would be more suited.. that'd put him level with Cattermole who also has half decent accuracy.

Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
User avatar
deity86
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: 2009 Feb 24, 17:15
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby BigStu » 2009 Nov 14, 16:32

what a performance today! anyway he needs an update these are outdated

BigStu
 
Posts: 7572
Joined: 2009 May 28, 16:43
Location: England
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Nov 15, 07:12

This guy has some serious potential - the future of Welsh football. Wilshere is better for me, and has the better potential - the future of English football. They're both ones to look out for though.

User avatar
fishdalf
 
Posts: 962
Joined: 2008 Dec 12, 07:34
Location: Liverpool, UK
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby Brezza » 2009 Nov 15, 23:59

Gary Neville is the reason why he didn't come to Man Utd :evil: :lol:

Image

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
User avatar
Brezza
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 23:57
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby brazilianpesfan » 2009 Nov 16, 01:57

Brezza wrote:Gary Neville is the reason why he didn't come to Man Utd :evil: :lol:

Image


LMFAO :lol:

User avatar
brazilianpesfan
 
Posts: 4240
Joined: 2009 Jan 10, 15:36
Location: Brazil
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby pietja » 2009 Dec 23, 03:24

His SA seem quite underrated to me. I would go for 70 which would put him on pair with for example Gibbs, or even 71. More would be too much tho.

pietja
 
Posts: 135
Joined: 2009 Feb 20, 15:00
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Aaron RAMSEY

Postby kendees » 2009 Dec 24, 09:27

Definitely, I went to this thread for exactly the same suggestion. 67 is definitely very harsh, it's not even at Song's level! Ramsey is much better shooter than him or Eboué. He scored some nice goals and he seems very calm when it comes to shooting. I'd go for something like 72/82/72. I think he can strike the ball quite hard or from, not good, but not very bad, angles. I think it could fits him well. :)

I know that i don't know anything.
User avatar
kendees
 
Posts: 549
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 16:05
Location: Píšť, Czech republic
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Next

Return to Arsenal FC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests