Michael LAUDRUP | 1985-1986 | 1990-1993

Moderators: Korinov, Epsi, Adrien, Brezza, frshmn, Albo7, ingus

Michael LAUDRUP | 1985-1986 | 1990-1993

Postby Brezza » 2008 Dec 11, 20:13

Club: FC Barcelona

Growth Type: Standard/Lasting

INFO:

The best Danish player of all times. A man whom Romário rates as one of the top 5 of all time and the best he has ever played with, now that says a lot when you look at the caliber of players he has played with. He did also manage to achieve the accolade of best foreign player in La Liga over the past 25 years.

A master with the ball, his anticipation and reading of the game was second to none for an attacking midfielder, he somehow seemed to know what move the forward was going to make even before the forward did, absolutely fantastic player, perfect vision elegant dribbling and had a cracking shot on him.

QUOTES:

Romário: "The best player I have ever played with and the 4th best in the history of the game together with Zidane."

Raúl: "The best I have ever played with."

Zamorano: "Un genio!"; "The reason why I make so many goals, is Laudrup."

Maradona: "One of the greatest ever."

Guardiola: "The best player in the world, I can't believe he hasn't won the title as best player."

Beckenbauer: "Pele was the best in the 60's, Cruyff in the 70's, Maradona in the 80's and Laudrup in the 90's."

VIDEOS:

Spoiler: show

ADDITIONAL LINKS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Laudrup

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/defau ... ticle=1322

Last edited by Brezza on 2011 Feb 03, 14:34, edited 37 times in total.
" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

by »

Re: Michael LAUDRUP | 1985-1986

Postby brondbylove » 2009 Mar 22, 13:08

Club: Juventus, SS Lazio

Growth Type: Standard/Lasing

INFO:

Still somewhat slightly bit of a road away from becoming the world's greatest attacking midfielder, the young Laudrup was already at the age of 22 a power to be reckoned with in international football. He didn't yet have the typical world-class player's ability to win games on his own as he arguably still craved the comfort of being sorrounded by great players to do great himself but he was nethertheless already a dazzling player, providing a lonely shining light at the struggling Lazio side he was loaned out to from Juventus. Already capable of outrageous displays of his silky-smooth skill, instinctive intuition and great understanding with his team mates, the young Laudrup flourished whenever he came home to play for the national side where he found protection among a group of seasoned veterans. The footballing life in Rome was a serious matter; in Denmark, it was fun.

Last edited by brondbylove on 2011 Jun 05, 19:53, edited 2 times in total.
I have returned to the Classics section after a longer break. I am currently working on a list of Danish players from the 90s.
brondbylove

Re: Michael LAUDRUP | 1990/1992

Postby Uzair » 2009 Mar 22, 15:34

DA and technique could both be 95.
his agility could come up a few points as well and maybe aggression could come down 2-3 points

Uzair

Postby Xyder » 2009 Mar 22, 16:02

Uzair wrote:DA and technique could both be 95.
his agility could come up a few points as well and maybe aggression could come down 2-3 points

Absolutely agree, and LPA & LPS could be upgraded a bit, his crosses are clinical precise and have the enough power to arrive to any part of the field.

Xyder

Postby Brezza » 2009 Mar 22, 16:14

O.K ive updated dribble accuracy, agility, agression, technique and Long Pass Speed . I wouldnt say that he's more agile that Kaka nowadays and Long pass accuracy is fine imo, its already higher than Xavi and the par with Alonso for example.

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby Classical » 2009 May 28, 22:32

I don't feel that confortable on hitting on an old subject, but...was he faster than Figo at his prime?

Figo has for ACC/TS=82/83 and for DA/DS = 97/80

M. Laudrup has for ACC/TS=84/86 and for DA/DS = 95/86

You know, it's just because I saw these 2 playing, and I see the videos. And it seems to me that Figo was a better dribbler, despite Laudrup awsome technique (which could raise the topic if Figo deserves 97 at technique or less 1 or 2 points as it has been suggested).

Anyway, with these stats it looks easier to dribble with Laudrup than with Figo and we know, for sure as I think this is obvious, than Laudrup prefered the passing option and Figo many times the dribbling option.

The thing is if my real point is to decrease Laudrup values or increse Figo's. But It would be amazing if you could just step in to give a help on this matter.

Please just consider my argument, thanks.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Eric Cantona
Classical

Postby brondbylove » 2009 May 29, 20:23

Mate, come on MSN and we'll finish Brian Laudrup ;)

Besides, I would rather raise Figo than lower Laudrup.

I have returned to the Classics section after a longer break. I am currently working on a list of Danish players from the 90s.
brondbylove

Postby yourigo » 2009 Jul 23, 02:57

brondbylove wrote:Mate, come on MSN and we'll finish Brian Laudrup ;)

you don't think both laudrup and figo are high enough? :o just compare to today's players, either one would be the best in the world by far with the stats they have... please just lower laudrup, don't increase figo...please... :cry:

"You do ill if you praise, and still worse if you reprove in a matter you do not understand." - Da Vinci
yourigo

Re: Michael LAUDRUP | 1990-1992

Postby Classical » 2009 Jul 23, 08:22

come on yourigo :D

Figo is slow the way he is portrayed. he was faster than M. Laudrup. (and that part of finishing B. Laudrup was an old discussion, gone by now).

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Eric Cantona
Classical

Postby p1rha » 2009 Jul 23, 18:04

yourigo wrote:
brondbylove wrote:Mate, come on MSN and we'll finish Brian Laudrup ;)

you don't think both laudrup and figo are high enough? :o just compare to today's players, either one would be the best in the world by far with the stats they have... please just lower laudrup, don't increase figo...please... :cry:

Yourigo is right, please don't raise Figo speed, this nonsense in the classic players needs to be put off. Besides, i don't agree Figo was faster than M. Laudrup, not even in his Barça days. When Laudrup wanted to be fast he could be quite fast, i think they sit more or less at the same level with Laudrup being more agile and a litlle faster.

This M. Laudrup is already faster than quaresma and as fast as gerrard, i say his speed stats should be arround or higher than someone like cassano, aimar or van persie. I think DS can be kept, maybe decrease speed and aclelaration.

p1rha

Postby Brezza » 2009 Jul 23, 22:42

Classical wrote:I don't feel that confortable on hitting on an old subject, but...was he faster than Figo at his prime?

Figo has for ACC/TS=82/83 and for DA/DS = 97/80

M. Laudrup has for ACC/TS=84/86 and for DA/DS = 95/86

You know, it's just because I saw these 2 playing, and I see the videos. And it seems to me that Figo was a better dribbler, despite Laudrup awsome technique (which could raise the topic if Figo deserves 97 at technique or less 1 or 2 points as it has been suggested).

Anyway, with these stats it looks easier to dribble with Laudrup than with Figo and we know, for sure as I think this is obvious, than Laudrup prefered the passing option and Figo many times the dribbling option.

The thing is if my real point is to decrease Laudrup values or increse Figo's. But It would be amazing if you could just step in to give a help on this matter.

Please just consider my argument, thanks.

Laudrup was definitely faster than Figo especially if your basing it around his Real days. Laudrup could really turn it on when he wanted to and brush aside multiple defenders with his pace on and off the ball.

Figo had deceptive pace but he was hardly ever a speed merchant. He mostly relied on his technical ability which is rated superior to Laudrup and had a more elegent running style. Besides TS 82 and Acc 83 don't make him slow at all, DS could come up one or two points though probably .

BTW reduced a couple of things like SPS and Teamwork when comparing him to similar players.

Brezza

Postby p1rha » 2009 Jul 23, 22:51

Please don't raise anything... he's good enough, like yourigo said, if we take him and compare him to nowadays players he's the best AMF in the world by far. I would even decrease TW significantly.

I've made that sugestion in the old forum i think and almost everybody was against, arguing he had great vision and could make unpredictable passes... Well i can agree with that, but my game experience tells me that my TW 79 Ronaldinho could do just that, thanks to his pass accuracy and ball control (and agility maybe, it was rated in reds). And both of them were players with great vision and passing/technical abilities, but they were not the kind of player that gels a team. Too much fantasy in their minds for that, they are the ones who break the balance of the other team, rather than keeping the balance of their teams. I don't want to suggest any number as this logic should be applied to more classic players, but, like i said, i think it should be a significant change.

Last edited by p1rha on 2009 Jul 23, 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
p1rha

Postby Brezza » 2009 Jul 23, 23:13

p1rha wrote:Please don't raise anything... he's good enough, like yourigo said, if we take him and compare him to nowadays players he's the best AMF in the world by far.

I didnt say that I was going to raise anything.. and he yes he would be the best AM in the world today imo with KAKA, just like he was the best AM in the world during the 90'S with Zidane. Not sure i'd say 'by far' but slightly different players.

Brezza

Postby p1rha » 2009 Jul 23, 23:35

Brezza wrote:I didnt say that I was going to raise anything.. and he yes he would be the best AM in the world today with KAKA just like he was the best AM in the world during the 90'S with Zidane. Not sure i'd say 'by far' but slightly different players.

Yes, there is Kaka ... much faster :oops:

p1rha

Re: Michael LAUDRUP | 1985-1986 & 1990-1992

Postby p1rha » 2009 Dec 06, 01:45

Sorry for the double post but i'm assigning Pcards to classics and this one is prime example of "talisman". Ought edit that hum?

p1rha

Postby Rubedo » 2009 Dec 21, 16:07

I assume it was Brezza who deleted my post. I thought I don't have to wright a book here every time I want to state my opinion.

I first came here with the idea of increasing his SPA even further from 97, since Xavi has 98. Instead, I find it reduced to 95.

This man is most probably the best playmaker and passer I've ever seen, and is definitely the one I would pick for my team any day of the week. He is also together with Džajić the most underrated player ever. Zidane was in no way better passer than him, let alone by three points, or how much the red numbers count. Anyone who saw at least couple of Laudrup's games can tell you that. And, yeah, he would be today by far the best AMF of the world. Who would even be his competitor? Kaka is just a pathetic shell of his former self, and even in his prime, he was not better than Laudrup.

Classical wrote:Anyway, with these stats it looks easier to dribble with Laudrup than with Figo and we know, for sure as I think this is obvious, than Laudrup prefered the passing option and Figo many times the dribbling option.

Just in the case someone got the wrong impression, Laudrup was not some static playmaker who would just receive the ball and then pass it to the next player. On the contrary, he preferred to drag the ball with him and dribble as long as needed, until he found a good opportunity for a pass.

He also played as a winger, like sometimes when he would enter the game instead of Stoichkov (he had to because of that ''three foreigners'' rule). Some people say that he was even better at that position.

I would suggest Side Star and Incisive Run Card. Talisman too. Probably some more, but I'm still new to the whole Cards system.

Last edited by Rubedo on 2009 Dec 21, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." - George Carlin
Rubedo

Postby Brezza » 2009 Dec 21, 17:34

Well you stated your opinion poorly at first, you just quoted two values and used the rolley eyes smiley, so it was deleted for spam. ;)

The values you suggested were what he had beforehand I just didn't quite like the gap between him Zico and Platini. Wbut your right passing wise his accurary and vision to see the pass were second to none, but that does have something do with teamwork along with SPA which was also +4 more than Zidane, but yeah I believe short passing and teamwork could be re-bumped 1 or 2 more points edit: and ive done just that

Brezza

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Dec 21, 19:07

Laudrup at Barca was frightening. Fucking frightening. He was the guy who would pull that insane pass out of nothing. But Totti was the best play-maker passer. :) The others needed eyes, HA!!

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
Alcohomicide

Postby Classical » 2009 Dec 21, 19:58

I've seen my quote up there, and like Rubedo says, Laudrup was not a static playmaker.
But c'mon, he is a recent classic and youtube shows his playing style quite easily.

Just as a sidenote, I will not reopen the fact that I still continue to think Figo's stats are underrated.

Now, the man is brilliant. My favorite attribute of a football player is inteligence. To know to choose the best course of action. Usually these kind of players achieve sucess wherever they are big pros or small amateurs.

Classical

Postby Rubedo » 2009 Dec 21, 23:02

Brezza wrote:Well you stated your opinion poorly at first, you just quoted two values and used the rolley eyes smiley, so it was deleted for spam. ;)

The values you suggested were what he had beforehand I just didn't quite like the gap between him Zico and Platini. Wbut your right passing wise his accurary and vision to see the pass were second to none, but that does have something do with teamwork along with SPA which was also +4 more than Zidane, but yeah I believe short passing and teamwork could be re-bumped 1 or 2 more points edit: and ive done just that

I thought it was self-explanatory, especially after that discussion in Zidane's thread, about him and his passing being overrated and stuff, but nevermind, it's not really important.

Well, Platini and Zico have 96 and 97 for SPA, and I don't fiind any of the two to be a better passer than Laudrup. Plus, both have 90 for teamwork. The difference in teamwork between them and Laudrup is completely fine since they also had scoring for their task, while Laudrup's job and playing style was almost exclusively passing. As I mentioned, my main problem with Laudrup is when I compare him to Xavi.

@Alcohomocide

Actually, Laudrup's signature move was looking at one side while passing to the other. Funny thing is that he would often do that with extreme precision, even in situations in which I could see some other players fail to pass even while looking at that side.

@Classical

Just in the case you misunderstood me, I was not trying to enter that debate about him and Figo, but was merely trying to explain his style of dribbling and playing in the case someone who never saw him was reading this thread.

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music." - George Carlin
Rubedo

Next

Return to 90's