Jay Spearing

Moderators: vinnie, BigStu, Jez, Mod's

Jay Spearing

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Feb 01, 22:38

Last edited by 21-Lucas-21 on 2009 Jul 13, 15:26, edited 17 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Jay SPEARING, Liverpool FC

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Mar 21, 19:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC-k71y9-yQ

"There's only one Jay Spearing!"

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
Alcohomicide

Re: Jay SPEARING, Liverpool FC

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Apr 02, 19:31

His stats could do with tweaking. He's in my top 5 Liverpool players in the current squad believe it or not. I even met him last Saturday. I'll have a little look when i get a bit of time.

fishdalf

Re: Jay SPEARING

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jul 09, 16:31

Sorted him out a bit, but he still needs improvements.

fishdalf

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jul 11, 09:20

These stats look far too high for someone so unproven.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jul 11, 11:22

Vandeach wrote:These stats look far too high for someone so unproven.

Yeah, I know. It's a shame. I have a feeling we'll see him more this season. After doing so well against Real it's a shame he didn't play more.

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
Alcohomicide

Postby 21-Lucas-21 » 2009 Jul 11, 13:24

fishdalf - why did you give him 86 mentality?

21-Lucas-21

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jul 11, 16:28

21-Lucas-21 wrote:fishdalf - why did you give him 86 mentality?

Its not those areas that need decreasing, its his attack and defence, his passing(even further), his shooting and team-work.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
Vandeach

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jul 11, 19:38

First of all the Spearing we had on the database was severely flawed. He had much higher shooting and attack/defence, i dropped both down but didn't have much time to compare him as i gave him very quick wholesale changes. Perhaps they could go down a tad more. Shot power is fine though, he has quite a shot on him. As for mentality, the only one i'm pretty sure of. That's what he is, mr mentality. Just because he's young doesn't mean he lacks it, he lacks in many other areas. He's also a very adaept and FAST passer, maybe his short pass accuracy could be dropped 1, but the speed is fine.

There i've fixed him a bit more, but van you can't start going around changing the stats if you don't know a lot about the player.

fishdalf

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jul 12, 09:00

Thats exactly why I didn't edit him, it was Lucas ;). His passing speed still looks too high though, your putting him above Danny Murphy and on par with Mikel Arteta! Also his passing will become too effective, even with a dropped SPA, his overall short passing is still more effective than Wayne Rooney, Simon Davies and David Dunn. His shooting is also better than some decent goal-scoring midfielders, proven at the highest level. I also have doubts about his ATT/DEF, that is a quite good ratio for a proven player, let alone Spearing! Furthermore his response looks a wee bit high, also about mentality, does he really work harder than Lee Cattermole or Craig Fagan? How do you know he'll cope at the top level?

Vandeach

Postby 21-Lucas-21 » 2009 Jul 12, 14:04

Vandeach wrote:Thats exactly why I didn't edit him, it was Lucas ;). His passing speed still looks too high though, your putting him above Danny Murphy and on par with Mikel Arteta! Also his passing will become too effective, even with a dropped SPA, his overall short passing is still more effective than Wayne Rooney, Simon Davies and David Dunn. His shooting is also better than some decent goal-scoring midfielders, proven at the highest level. I also have doubts about his ATT/DEF, that is a quite good ratio for a proven player, let alone Spearing! Furthermore his response looks a wee bit high, also about mentality, does he really work harder than Lee Cattermole or Craig Fagan? How do you know he'll cope at the top level?

Those are some of the things I moved down but fishdalf disagreed and moved em back up again.

21-Lucas-21

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jul 12, 15:54

This is going absolutely nowhere, why are we discussing stats for a player that's impossible to rate when we have other players in need of attention?

Alcohomicide

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jul 12, 18:03

This thread is getting a little pathetic, stats are being moved up and down willy nilly without anyone actually have any clue about the player himself. This really is laughable. RIGHT seen as this has turned into some sort of pre-school activity i'll go through all the stats and see what i feel appropriate, then we will see if we can get any agrees....

fishdalf

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jul 12, 18:11

Attack: 69
Defence: 69
A part of his game that hasn't fully developed yet. He tends to air on the side of defence for the most part, but he does fill in for both when needed. Funnily enough though, if you watch his game he's actually just as adept at attacking as he is at defending. With his current aggression stat and similar values for both it would become a perfect combination.

Response: 76
Seems to fit him a little better. It's more his reliance on his strong mentality that gets him places faster than his opponent, as oppose to his actual reading and response in a sticky situation. 76 is still pretty adept though for somebody of his age.

Short Pass Speed: 85
Long Pass Speed: 83
Regardless of any other value, accuracy, whatever. He is a very fast passer of the ball. That is the long and the short of it. Watch him play, he isn't miles and miles off of some of the fastest players in the league. BUT i thought 85 was a good compromise so that he wasn't too affective, mix that with the fact that he would have a passing value in the mid-to-high 70's it would turn him into a slightly above average passer, something that he is.

Shot Accuracy: 68
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 73
He has a rocket of a shot on him, the problem is it lacks a little accuracy, but also possesses a slight element of technique to it. The stats i'm proposing cater for all those thing's. Again, i couldn't care less if x player has blah blah, he is as hard a hitter as Barry, Carrick, Elano, Carsley, the list goes on...

Mentality: 86
His main strength, he IS mr mentality. He is harder working than most players in the Premiership and that's solid fact. If you see him play he never EVER stops chasing the ball and does so very effectively. That's why he is nicknamed the pitbull. Just because he isn't playing first team week in week out does not mean he doesn't deserve this value. It's as simple as. As i;ve already mentioned several times, it's other areas he lacks. NOT mentality.

Again, we can walk circles around this all day, and no offence Lucas, but the stats in the first post initially were pretty dire. Now they're closer, but these key areas are still WAY off the mark. This guy could walk into the likes of Stoke, Bolton or West Brom rather easily and earn his place on the bench 100%, if not the starting eleven.

Anyway, this is what he would look like with the changes...

Club: Liverpool FC
Number: 26
Position: CMF*, DMF
Nationality: English

Foot: R
Side: B

Length: 168
Weight: 70

Attack: 69
Defence: 69
Balance: 83
Stamina: 82
Top Speed: 79
Acceleration: 80
Response: 76
Agility: 73
Dribble Accuracy: 74
Dribble Speed: 76
Short Pass Accuracy: 78
Short Pass Speed: 85
Long Pass Accuracy: 76
Short Pass Speed: 83
Shot Accuracy: 68
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 73
Free Kick Accuracy: 72
Curling: 70
Header: 75
Jump: 75
Technique: 73
Aggression: 76
Mentality: 86
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 78

Injury Tolerence: B
Condition/Fitness: 5
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot frequency: 4
Consistency: 6

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Middle Shooting

Finally, i have seen this guy play, many times. I watch the reserves quite a lot actually, in fact i've even met him, a bit off-topic but he's a nice guy. Anyways, do what you want with the numbers, i'm fed up arguing over the obvious.

fishdalf

Postby spinaL » 2009 Jul 12, 20:52

I agree with your suggestions and explanation altough is havent seen much of him. So let's change it and wait till next season for further update ;)

EREDIVISIE SUPPORT
spinaL

Postby 21-Lucas-21 » 2009 Jul 13, 15:27

Updated. I think they should be reviewed in August if he gets some preseason action.

21-Lucas-21

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jul 13, 15:36

For god's sake please use the right colours. Sorry for sounding a bit harsh, but we need the forum to look proper and nice. Anyway for now I've locked the thread, there are more important stats to be seen to ;).

Vandeach

Postby jmg721 » 2010 Mar 24, 17:17

Moved him to Leicester City on loan till end of the season.

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Paddy » 2010 Sep 06, 20:12

I'm so gay :geek:

Paddy

Postby PIPA23 » 2011 Apr 19, 02:55

He is getting lot´s of time on pitch now under Dalglish, and he is doing very good..

Aganst City: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb28vEkq ... dded#at=92

PIPA23

Postby jackh » 2011 Apr 19, 09:33

PIPA23 wrote:He is getting lot´s of time on pitch now under Dalglish, and he is doing very good..

Aganst City: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb28vEkq ... dded#at=92

Certainly is - enjoying his football and proving a valuable asset to the squad.

jackh

PreviousNext

Return to Bolton Wanderers FC