PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Keith ANDREWS

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 21, 20:19

why does he have condition: 5?

Paddy

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Apr 07, 19:01

I agree thats far too low. I'd give him a 7 his appearance record for MK Dons is pretty good. I don't think his passing is that good either he's quite conservative with his passing.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby Paddy » 2009 Apr 11, 17:44

True. He can also play as a RB.

Paddy

Postby pikathunder » 2009 Apr 11, 19:08

He played right-back last week.. and today.
I think we can add SB, and change side to right.

pikathunder

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jun 14, 18:03

Given him a few tweaks, tell me what you think.

Name: Keith Joseph Andrews

Club: Blackburn Rovers FC
Number: 17
Position: CMF*, DMF, SB
Nationality: Irish Image

Foot: R
Side: R

Length: 183
Weight: 78

Attack: 71
Defence: 69
Balance: 81
Stamina: 85
Top Speed: 78
Acceleration: 78
Response: 81
Agility: 78
Dribble Accuracy: 76
Dribble Speed: 79
Short Pass Accuracy: 80
Short Pass Speed: 78
Long Pass Accuracy: 80
Long Pass Speed: 82
Shot Accuracy: 72
Shot Power: 83
Shot Technique: 76
Free Kick Accuracy: 75
Curving: 79
Header: 72
Jump: 78
Technique: 82
Aggression: 80
Mentality: 82
Goal Keeper Skill: 50
Team Work Ability: 81

Injury Tolerance: B
Condition: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot Frequency: 4
Consistency: 6

SPECIAL ABILITIES
-

An all-action midfield player with a fantastic engine and a newly-found taste for goals, Keith was the heartbeat of the Dons' Double-winning side last season. Keith was immediately installed as Club captain upon his arrival in Milton Keynes, seen as the perfect leader for the team with his dynamic and action-packed performances. He scored seven goals in 40 appearances in his first season, But it was the following season, under Paul Ince, where Andrews truly began to shine. The Dubliner blasted 14 goals from 44 appearances and became the Club's first captain to lift a trophy - the Johnstone's Paint Trophy at Wembley followed by the League 2 title. His consistent stand-out performances also saw him named League 2 Footballer of the Year in a season described by the man himself as the best in his career.

Last edited by Paddy on 2009 Jun 14, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
Paddy

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jun 14, 18:08

Not the player I'm most familiar with but his technique looks a little high, I have seen him make some rather awful touches and didn't think his technique was something to shout home about. The update generally looks fine, but as I said, he's not the player I'm most familiar with.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
Vandeach

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jun 14, 18:20

You may be right about his woeful touches at times, but Gerrard has them aswell and he's on 86. He traps the ball quite well from being passed it and doesn't misplace it an awful lot.

Paddy

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jun 14, 18:21

I've been trying to lower Gerrad :P.

Vandeach

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jun 14, 18:25

So'd you think these could be put in first post?

Paddy

Postby owenrilla » 2009 Jun 14, 18:26

I'd say its a pretty fair update overall. I was going to question the reduction in Mentality as he is one of the Rovers players who you could say gave 100% every game but looking at the ladder it is probably about right. Not sure about FK accuracy as he only took one I can remember and made the keeper make a decent save but I wouldn't put him above Emerton (76) so that is OK as well.

I am wondering about his passing stats. He seems to give the ball away a bit too much at times but then (particularly in the final third) he can also produce some dangrous accurate through balls. When playing at RB against West Brom on the last day of the seasom he also played two cracking long diagonal passes to Pedersen/Diouf.

RE: Technique - It depends who on the ladder you compare him to. I wouldn't say he is better technically than Huddlestone or Essien (both on 80) but then I wouldn't necessarily put him below Glenn Whelan (81).

owenrilla

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jun 14, 18:39

owenrilla wrote:I am wondering about his passing stats. He seems to give the ball away a bit too much at times but then (particularly in the final third) he can also produce some dangrous accurate through balls. When playing at RB against West Brom on the last day of the seasom he also played two cracking long diagonal passes to Pedersen/Diouf.

I raised his Long Passing and lowered his Short passing. I didn't want extreme changes as his Short passing is a bit suspect at times. But, I think his passes are accurate they just lack pace and are sometimes intercepted from a player with a decent response value. In hindsight I meant to give his SPS 78 and his LPS 82. :?

owenrilla wrote:RE: Technique - It depends who on the ladder you compare him to. I wouldn't say he is better technically than Huddlestone or Essien (both on 80) but then I wouldn't necessarily put him below Glenn Whelan (81).

Whelan was the exact person I compared him to. I rate his tech higher than him and I've seen them a good few times playing together in the same midfield to tell who has the better touch.

I've swapped LPS and SPS. good spot owen.

Paddy

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jun 14, 19:23

Woah, not technically better than Glen Whelan? His touches are actually fairly good, one of the more technical players at Stoke.

Vandeach

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jun 14, 19:55

I'm not denying that they aren't but when I've seen them play together, Whelan has lost the ball a lot more due to his touch rather than Andrews doing so.

Paddy

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jul 11, 15:51

I've been looking at this update for a while and I think it could use a few changes, but nothing major. Not exactly my most well-known player, but I've looked to try and get him spot on

Attack/Defence ratio:

In my honest opinion, he looks mediocre in both areas, he isn't really intelligent in attack, nor does he have great defensive positioning. I don't really see why he can't sit on a 69-70 value for attack and a 67-68 value for defence.

Response:

Looked pretty poor in this area, imo, he struggles to break up play and he just doesn't seem that sharp, I'd have personally gone for something like a 79 or possibly an 80 value, but I may be wrong here.

Passing:

When I've seen him(albeit not often) his passing really hasn't looked worthy of yellows(particularly short). His short passes have looked sloppy and have often failed to reach their target(well reflected with this SPS) I just don't think its fair to have his SPA on yellow though, so I'd lower it one point. Long passing looks OK though.

Shooting:

Is he fairly accurate for a mdfielder? I haven't seen his ability to strike a ball to be honest.

Technique:

You know my concerns with this, his first-touch has looked rather poor when I've seen him, in fact his touch often reminded me of Owen's. I don't think he's got a better touch than Huddlestone or Essien both of whom are on 80, ultimately it is your choice, but I haven't seen any decent touches of him.

Mentality:

He seemed a bit more relaxed than this, I haven't seen him chase people as much as Gavin McCann or . I'd have thought he'd be on a 79/80 value, but then again maybe he has some games that I haven't seen where he's been particularly hard-working.

Vandeach

Postby owenrilla » 2009 Jul 11, 19:00

I have to admit that I am finding it hard to attach values to Andrews. If you ask Blackburn fans who have watched him they are pretty split, with some saying he is a decent, fairly average squad player but wouldn't start if there was a choice and the others just think he is shite. On a good day he looks a decent player but on a bad one he is a liability. I'll try to address your concerns one by one to see if it will help.

Attack/Defence ratio:

He is really a box-to-box player who has, due to injuries(to other players e.g. Grella), been asked to play in a more defensive role. At MK Dons he played like a poor man's Lampard. High up the pitch is where he does his best work IMO. He can play dangerous through balls and is a goal threat. Defensively he is not very good as he is not a good tackler nor does he have the knowledge or discipline to play like a DM. I would tend to go for 70/71 for Attack but agree with 67/68 Def.

Response:

I agree he isn't the sharpest but he isn't a moron. He did on occasions show the wherewithall to react in order to make important defensive blocks and react to loose balls in the opponents penalty area (assuming this is actually to do with this stat) so would either leave it as it is or maybe 80.

Passing:

This is the major conundrum for me. His passing can be very sloppy at times but then be pretty good at other times. Looking at other Rovers players for examples, I would not say his short passing stats should be above Reid or Dunn so on average I guess a high green value is probably fair (though this probably contradicts what I said earlier).

n.b. I think Warnock's short passing could be bumped into the green area as well.

Shooting:

This is actually one of his better attributes. He was limited by where and how he was asked to play but he has a decent shot on him and scored some very important goals so I would leave it as it is for the moment.

Technique:

I agree he shouldn't be higher than Huddlestone or Essien. It was the comparison with Whelan that threw me as I have not been all that impressed with him the few times I have seen him play for Ireland and occasionally for Stoke. Assuming that Huddlestone and Essien's Tech stat is pitched correctly Andrews should probably be lower but not by a huge amount.

Mentality:

I do definitely think he deserves a good Mentality rating. When he runs around he looks a bit like he is carrying a handbag (if that isn't too offensive :? ) but he is a trier and will run all day. I cannot fault the effort he puts in even if his other shortcomings make him pretty average.

Hope that helps a bit.

owenrilla

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Sep 29, 02:14

are we going to give this guy an update?

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2010 Aug 19, 06:32

alawadhi3000

Postby ominho » 2010 Dec 20, 19:17

ominho

Postby FernandoA13 » 2011 Jun 08, 00:21

Judging by the goal he scored against Italy yesterday, he's Shot Power schould be atleast 83 don't you think ? Or was it coincidence, didn't see much Blackburn matches this year tbh.

Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
FernandoA13

Next

Return to Bolton Wanderers FC