He is called Panther

BECKS23LA

Re: Bafétimbi GOMIS

Postby Bret_Hart_67 » 2009 Jan 03, 23:26

BECKS23LA wrote:I Think that he deserves *Scoring

And TS Should be 87-90
And ACC Too!
He is called Panther

*Scoring, I disagree, he isn't a poacher at all and he hasn't the killer instinct.

ts & acc are fine on the 1st post, he's not 'that' fast but look at his dribble speed, it's great, he is very fast with the ball but without he isn't like Pato for example ;)

Bret_Hart_67

Postby Ulises » 2009 Jan 04, 00:49

Bret_Hart_67 wrote:

And TS Should be 87-90
And ACC Too!
He is called Panther

*Scoring, I disagree, he isn't a poacher at all and he hasn't the killer instinct.

ts & acc are fine on the 1st post, he's not 'that' fast but look at his dribble speed, it's great, he is very fast with the ball but without he isn't like Pato for example ;)

He isn't like pato, sure, but his TS/ACC in first post is a bit harsh, imo both should be higher, but not the nambers that becks23la said. 1 or 2 points each one...

Ulises

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 Jan 04, 09:47

Ulises wrote:
Bret_Hart_67 wrote:

And TS Should be 87-90
And ACC Too!
He is called Panther

He isn't like pato, sure, but his TS/ACC in first post is a bit harsh, imo both should be higher, but not the nambers that becks23la said. 1 or 2 points each one...

+1
Like I Said between 87~90

BECKS23LA

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2009 Mar 14, 13:29

I find his speed rated precisely good, along with the DS; it makes his bursts of speed really fast compared to the slower centrebacks in Ligue 1. Remember that Ligue 1 defenders aren't exactly the best nor the fastest around, he hasn't really been tested against Big 3 league defenders yet and it is yet to be seen how fast he really is compared to real speed-devils.

I do feel his DA and Technique are a bit harshly rated though. He isn't a dribbling wonder but he does know how to round an opponent using his technique and dribbling ability. He's also known to round goalkeepers in 1-on-1's and I've always felt that sort of movement also needs a semi-good skill on the ball rather than pure speed, finishing prowess and power.

My suggestions:
DA: 81
Technique: 80

Buon compleanno, il pibe d'oro.
Ajacied_Breda1

Postby bitz » 2009 Mar 14, 15:09

Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:My suggestions:
DA: 81
Technique: 80

Agreed.

Visit my alt thread: http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=1011&t=25348
bitz

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 Apr 05, 16:51

Agree aswell

BECKS23LA

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 Jun 04, 17:44

I Made my own Version

What do u think ?

BECKS23LA

Postby Rfuna » 2009 Jun 05, 01:32

whatever happened to this guy anyway? I thought he was the 2nd coming of Drogba :? Remember his goal in the Euro 08 qualifiers

Gotta change my shirt, it's sticking to me. I'm sweatin' like a cunt. Don Logan
Rfuna

Postby Helios » 2009 Jun 05, 10:33

He had a very difficult season with his club. His emblematic team lost 20 times this season and was among the relegated teams for 17 weeks.

The poor season of ASSE is hard to explain in theory : They had the 6 th budget of the Ligue 1, a top quality squad : with players like Dernis, Janot, Matsui, Ilan and Gomis. They had a fantastic participation in UEFA cup as well.

Gomis himself had an average season but he remains quite popular among French and European clubs : He is currently linked with PSG (if Erding isn't recruited) and La Roma.

Helios

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 Jun 07, 11:28

What do u think about my set ?

BECKS23LA

Postby Helios » 2009 Jun 07, 13:44

I still prefer the one in the first post. But I agree with you that his aggression needs an update. 84 (+2) and balance as well 86 (+2).

Helios

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2009 Jun 21, 14:41

Agree with that, although I still hold on to my earlier suggestion of an 81 for DA and an 80 for Technique.

Buon compleanno, il pibe d'oro.
Ajacied_Breda1

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Jun 26, 16:04

To be honest there are far more pressing concerns than his DA and TEC, imo.

His balance could be raised, probably even further considering his height and weight. He just does not get knocked about by anyone and it is his great physical strength that makes him such a threat, I'd say he could sit nicely on an 87. His stamina also looks low, he has bags of energy and runs for a lot of the match, conditioned like an olympic athlete, this could probably be an 85.

Also couldn't his defence be raised? His defending from the front is fairly decent and isn't lazy like his defence and mentality stats make out, I'd give him a 40+ for defence. Furthermore his LPA should be raised, at least to the site standards, LPA: 72 and LPS: 74 should do, he isn't a half bad crosser for a striker. Furthermore I'd lower his ST stat, yes he can score some wonderful goals, but for every wonder strike, there are 4 other complete mishits. He can, on occasion strike the ball very poorly and isn't a brilliantly cultured striker of the ball as much as 85 suggests, this could probably go down to an 83.

I'd also raise curling, his shots can have a fair bit of bend on them. Even the ones struck with fearsome power. His shots do have quite a nice curled quality and could probably sit on a 77/78. Also I know he is a threat in the air, but I'd lower value, his fantastic strength and jumping ability make him so hard to deal with in the air, his heading technique isn't great and doesn't generate the power via his neck muscles as much as Nimani or Šimic on an 83. Similarly I'd raise his jump though, he really does have a fantastic leap and is really very impressive the way he towers over some very tall defenders, would you say his jump is any worse than Cetto's, strangely enough Govou is rated 4 points above Gomis in jump :?.

Furthermore I'm also rather shocked to see his aggression value this low, he constantly makes attacking runs and I don't see how he is any less attacking than Kone, on an 89, who quite probably Gomis makes more attacking runs than. I'm also sure he isn't this lazy, hell he's on par with Berbatov! Gomis can quit when the going gets tough but generally closes players down to a decent extent, sure he's no Tevez but he can be fairly hard-working. I'd put this at a 77.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 Jun 26, 16:25

I Made a good one i think
see my Version

BECKS23LA

Postby Helios » 2009 Jun 27, 01:39

Updated balance for now. I'll have a look on the other suggestions later this mourning.

Helios

Postby spinaL » 2009 Jul 29, 15:52

Going to Lyon! 8-)

EREDIVISIE SUPPORT
spinaL

Postby nonobus » 2009 Aug 19, 23:40

Vandeach wrote:To be honest there are far more pressing concerns than his DA and TEC, imo.

His balance could be raised, probably even further considering his height and weight. He just does not get knocked about by anyone and it is his great physical strength that makes him such a threat, I'd say he could sit nicely on an 87. His stamina also looks low, he has bags of energy and runs for a lot of the match, conditioned like an olympic athlete, this could probably be an 85.

Also couldn't his defence be raised? His defending from the front is fairly decent and isn't lazy like his defence and mentality stats make out, I'd give him a 40+ for defence. Furthermore his LPA should be raised, at least to the site standards, LPA: 72 and LPS: 74 should do, he isn't a half bad crosser for a striker. Furthermore I'd lower his ST stat, yes he can score some wonderful goals, but for every wonder strike, there are 4 other complete mishits. He can, on occasion strike the ball very poorly and isn't a brilliantly cultured striker of the ball as much as 85 suggests, this could probably go down to an 83.

I'd also raise curling, his shots can have a fair bit of bend on them. Even the ones struck with fearsome power. His shots do have quite a nice curled quality and could probably sit on a 77/78. Also I know he is a threat in the air, but I'd lower value, his fantastic strength and jumping ability make him so hard to deal with in the air, his heading technique isn't great and doesn't generate the power via his neck muscles as much as Nimani or Šimic on an 83. Similarly I'd raise his jump though, he really does have a fantastic leap and is really very impressive the way he towers over some very tall defenders, would you say his jump is any worse than Cetto's, strangely enough Govou is rated 4 points above Gomis in jump :?.

Furthermore I'm also rather shocked to see his aggression value this low, he constantly makes attacking runs and I don't see how he is any less attacking than Kone, on an 89, who quite probably Gomis makes more attacking runs than. I'm also sure he isn't this lazy, hell he's on par with Berbatov! Gomis can quit when the going gets tough but generally closes players down to a decent extent, sure he's no Tevez but he can be fairly hard-working. I'd put this at a 77.

I disagree with your suggestions about stamina, gomis is not build like an athlete. He also don't run that much(not more than the standard CF). Actually he even get tired early in matches. The same for his defense and his mentality. Gomis doesn't track back enough to deserve more than 38(he doesn't track back as much as a player like Benzema). Since last year he is more and more lazy(even though he's not on the same level as berbatov...)

I also disagree with a lowering in his ST because it's one of his main strengh: he is great at volley and acrobatic shots, he can also score under pressure(he has shown it at Sté, EDF, and Lyon). The main issue is his SA, his finishing can be sometimes wasteful. By the way he doesn't seem to me to have particular curving in his strikes.

It's true gomis have a great jumping ability but his heading technique is also effective. Hecan put easily precisin and power in his headers. I don't think he need a decrease in Header.

To summurize i agree and think about
LPA:70(he isn't on the same level as Lisandro)
LPS:72
CURL:77
JUMP:85
AGG:86
Mentality: 75

and *scoring( he ahs proven enough to have the sense of a striker)

nonobus

Postby Jaroslav » 2009 Aug 27, 17:24

i agree

Jaroslav

Next

Return to Swansea City