Christopher Samba

Moderators: bitz, stavrello7, Mr. Houy, Mod's

PES Stats Database

Christopher Samba

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:11

Paddy

Re: Christopher SAMBA

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 25, 14:02

could his defensive rating not go up? he's improved over the last year and so has his positioning.
Alcohomicide

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jan 26, 02:18

'Better defender than the stats suggest, certainly. He's got better at reading the game.
"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
bitz

Postby bitz » 2009 Mar 23, 19:31

Has he been played as a SB? He would look quite out of place there with such physique.
Visit my alt thread: http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=1011&t=25348
owenrilla

Postby owenrilla » 2009 Mar 23, 23:38

bitz wrote:Has he been played as a SB? He would look quite out of place there with such physique.

Certainly not at Blackburn, no. He has only played CB for Rovers apart from occasionally as an extra CF when chasing a game (this is also a role he ended up in quite often while at Hertha Berlin apparently).
BiG TeL

Postby BiG TeL » 2009 Apr 01, 01:15

I suggest 81 for Defence.

And agree deleting SB.
pikathunder

Postby pikathunder » 2009 Apr 11, 19:11

Can we add CF? He played CF role today and second half of the match last week against Spurs.
UTDFAN94

Postby UTDFAN94 » 2009 Apr 11, 20:03

technique could use an increase seems to be quite good at trapping
i would agree with the CF position as he has played their a good few times this season
kendees

Postby kendees » 2009 Apr 14, 15:49

Yes, as there has been already said, Samba CAN plays like a CF, quite well and he definitely needs some changes. Firstly, a bit higher attack to be more usefull in-game as a CF. Slight decrease in Defence, coz I think he is quite decent here.
Sum up:
Attack: 63-65
Defence: 81
I know that i don't know anything.
Spaceman

Postby Spaceman » 2009 Apr 14, 17:54

Defense 82 is what I'd go for. Really solid defender imo
BECKS23LA

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 Apr 14, 18:09

kendees wrote:Yes, as there has been already said, Samba CAN plays like a CF, quite well and he definitely needs some changes. Firstly, a bit higher attack to be more usefull in-game as a CF. Slight decrease in Defence, coz I think he is quite decent here.
Sum up:

yes, agree
vicecity

Postby vicecity » 2009 May 04, 01:26

Ive given him CF in my game as he has been playing there, I dont think he should have SB either, also hes 25 now.
Nrby

Postby Nrby » 2009 May 04, 04:42

I don't no people about the CF thing ... it was pretty much a disparate measure similar to what Terry had been doing at Chelsea some seasons ago at the end of losing matches ... but i have to say I was impressed by his performance ... he was in the box for every ball and and mostly a threat ... but that must be because of his immense presence ... he was rarely dangerous himself but created a lot of dangerous situations
Milanista_99

Postby Milanista_99 » 2009 May 04, 07:21

Ive given him CF in my game as he has been playing there, I dont think he should have SB either.

Me too. :)
Sorry for my bad English.
vicecity

Postby vicecity » 2009 May 05, 08:04

I only give him the position because in real life he is being used there at times. If in the game he doesnt have the position he will never play there so for the time being I give it to him.
Robev

Postby Robev » 2009 May 18, 13:28

BECKS23LA wrote:
kendees wrote:Yes, as there has been already said, Samba CAN plays like a CF, quite well and he definitely needs some changes. Firstly, a bit higher attack to be more usefull in-game as a CF. Slight decrease in Defence, coz I think he is quite decent here.
Sum up:

yes, agree

I agree.
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 May 18, 14:50

I agree to attack, so I'll update that but I'm still not so sure about defence. His positioning can be poor at times and I think a lot of Prem defenders go into the yellows far too easily. I could see it being 80 but he does have a very good balance and decent response already.
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
deity86

Postby deity86 » 2009 Jun 01, 23:01

Did you update his Attack in the end? :D

Also, I know a 73 for Technique is decent for a CB but as has been said he's got a very tidy 1st touch. I'd say easily on par with the likes of Toure and Terry who sit on a 75.
Alf Ramsey: "I'll be watching you for the first 45 minutes and if you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime."
Rodney Marsh: "Crikey Alf, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea."
BigStu

Postby BigStu » 2009 Sep 04, 15:13

JoSemIGoL wrote:CF??? or DM??

CF, he started out there and plays there on occasion
Vandeach

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Oct 19, 18:54

He is one of the Blackburn players I am more familiar with, which is fortunate, as he does need an update. He was an absolute bargain at £450,000. But yeah, onto stats, I'll start with his positions, and there is no way he should have CF as a position, he is only played there on emergency and when there is no-one else to play there, however, considering that he has played there on occasion for Hertha and has been known to start out as a centre-forward, I could see it being an optional position.

Onto stats, I'd raise his stamina, it doesn't need to go up by much, but he's got at least average stamina, and could sit on an 83 value. A bigger issue is his defence though, he is a very solid defender and is really quite decent in terms of his positioning and accuracy in his sliding tackles, this really has improved. I could see him on an 82 for defence, alongside Joseph Yobo and Johan Djourou. By biggest concern is his agility value though, he is really quite agile, and not just agile for a big man, but agile in general, his turning is really quite good and surprises quite a few small strikers when they try to turn inside him, why the hell can't he have an 82 for agility? Especially considering the big effect his height and weight have on his agility. His distribution also a fair bit better than this, he can pass the ball fairly well and although economical, are fairly accurate. I'd have his SPA on a 73 and SPS on a 75.

Looking further down, his shot power could come down, he just doesn't get the same sort of velocity on his shots as the likes of Martin Petrov or David Dunn, his clearances do get a lot of distance though, and I'd say his clearances reach a similar sort of distance and height as Linvoy Primus, who sits on an 85. I'd also raise his header, its not just his extreme strength and jumping ability that make him a monster in the air, his defensive headers get a good deal of accuracy and power, an is certainly a threat at the other end too! His header could sit on an 86 sort of valuation. I agree with deity's idea on raising his technique value, as he has got a lot more finesse than first meets the eye. I'd also like to get some ideas on raising his speed, as he is really rather quick, although I am unsure on exact values at the moment.
"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.

Return to “Panathinaikos”