Nickname: "Golden balls"

Club: Manchester United 2001/2003 | Real Madrid 2003/2004

Growth type: Early/Lasting

- 2007-2012:

Nickname: "Golden Balls"

Club: LA Galaxy 2007-2012 | AC Milan 2008-2010 | Paris Saint-Germain 2012-2013

INFO:

Spoiler: show
A Fresh faced, pacey, dynamic player, David Beckham's style has changed quite a bit since his United days, but in his most glorious season his bread and butter, the brilliant free kicks and amazing crossing proved to be somehow even more accurate then they usually were, being an absolute nightmare for all defences, slicing Juventus and Inter apart with crosses so fast, but oh so accurate. Despite his immense skill, Beckham always played the team-man, passing instead of shooting unless he had not other choice, and forming an insanely effective partnership with Dwight Yorke.

HONOURS (so far):

Club
Manchester United
Premier League: 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03
FA Cup: 1996, 1999
UEFA Champions League: 1998–99
Intercontinental Cup: 1999
Community Shield: 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997
FA Youth Cup: 1992
Real Madrid
La Liga: 2006–07
Supercopa de Espana: 2003

International
115 Caps

Individual
PFA Young Player of the Year: 1996-97
Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year: 1996-97
1998 FIFA World Cup Team of the Tournament
UEFA Club Player of the Year: 1999
BBC Sports Personality of the Year: 2001
FIFA 100
ESPY Award - Best Male Soccer Player: 2004
ESPY Award - Best MLS Player: 2008
English Football Hall of Fame: 2008

VIDEOS:

Last edited by jurgens on 2014 Jul 23, 05:56, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: fixed format, updated pictures
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: David BECKHAM | 1998/1999

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 May 29, 05:40

jez wrote:watch the 98/99 season review on youtube
beckham was extremely nippy and is well deserving of the pace stats imo
and classic stats reflect a single period of time. its a matter of opinion in regards to 'the best free kick taker ever' but in this season, his freekicks were out of this world. i seem to remember someone finding a statistic back on the old site that said that every freekick from this season was on target and that they all went in apart from one which the keeper saved. not sure how accurate a statistic that is but i do urge you to watch the 98/99 review if you can as beckham really was this good imo

This is one of the most horrible sets of stats I have ever seen. :o It is difficult to be constructive, but I urge you to watch some other football players like Sinisa Mihajlovic, who scored 3 freekicks in 3 attempts in the same match and holds records the like Beckham is nowhere near from freekicks. This is just one of the names already mentioned.

I "urge" you also to check out players like Alonso, Totti, Gerrard, Pirlo and Lampard, who also know how to pass a ball over long distances. :lol:

I think what sticks out most, is that you have given him Middle Shoot star. That is funny, because it totally ruins the curl of a shot and makes them more like Gerrard/Lampard, superhard and more straight. Is this Beckham? :? No. He likes to curl the ball with placement and shot technique, like say Kaká or Del Piero. This star makes him play incorrectly imo.

I also think you might have made his shot power harder than Ronaldo's. :? I could be wrong there, though. :lol:

Attack 80 is also interesting, as that makes him as good and aware in attacking positions as Cesc Fabregas, Kevin Nolan, Joe Cole and Mikel Arteta. :\ It's 1 off of Michael Ballack and Elano!! :? I think 75 is a safer valuation there. ;)

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
Alcohomicide

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 May 29, 05:57

For The Passing stats, Becks is the best ever in term of Crosses!

For MS* ur propably right, Becks shots are with a lot of effect and curl!
For ATT, i think it's fine when we see Defensive players with 77(Essien)

BECKS23LA

Postby Ken » 2009 May 29, 15:57

BECKS23LA wrote:For The Passing stats, Becks is the best ever in term of Crosses!

For MS* ur propably right, Becks shots are with a lot of effect and curl!
For ATT, i think it's fine when we see Defensive players with 77(Essien)

I know you are a fan of Beckham but come on, 99 for LPA and 95 for PLS is just insane, this makes him become the best crosser and best long range passer ever on the planet which is very crazy because there are many players who can put in some inch perfect long passes in this century and still way behind him in those stats.

As for the Attack, I agree with Alcohomicide that 80 is too high for him. He maybe a brilliant crosser but his positioning and sense in attack is not that good. I would rate him about 77, maybe ?

Ken

Postby sencesor » 2009 May 29, 16:47

Sorry mate, but tbh I don't see any need of changing anyone of the suggested stats. could say more bout this, but I think its pretty obvious & I'm lazy.. :mrgreen:

"Buy the ticket - take the ride" - Dr. Raoul Duke - Pure Gonzo journalism.
sencesor

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 May 29, 16:53

sencesor wrote:Sorry mate, but tbh I don't see any need of changing anyone of the suggested stats. could say more bout this, but I think its pretty obvious & I'm lazy.. :mrgreen:

No. You've made want answers now. :lol: JUSTIFY!!

No, seriously. Why are you of this point of view? One is intrigued. Do you believe Beckham to be this good? Don't you at least disagree with his attack value? :o

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
Alcohomicide

Postby sencesor » 2009 May 29, 18:10

:lol:

O.K. if I must, gees cant a guy take a toke and just chill instead of trying to put together some synapses working..? :mrgreen:

Bout ATT don't really feel that strongly bout it either way, but i think 80 is just right, and don't see a need to decrease it.

Bout LPA & LPS, definitely disagree. I can assure you I am not a fan boy, but Becks earned it fair & square - a top one of the all time long distant passers of the game!

"Buy the ticket - take the ride" - Dr. Raoul Duke - Pure Gonzo journalism.
sencesor

Postby choccy » 2009 May 29, 19:21

sencesor wrote::lol:

O.K. if I must, gees cant a guy take a toke and just chill instead of trying to put together some synapses working..? :mrgreen:

Bout ATT don't really feel that strongly bout it either way, but i think 80 is just right, and don't see a need to decrease it.

Bout LPA & LPS, definitely disagree. I can assure you I am not a fan boy, but Becks earned it fair & square - a top one of the all time long distant passers of the game!

I disagree, his ATT is overrated as Alcohomicide quite rightly said. He was one of the best crossers at the time, but 99 is over the top. I watched a lot of games when Becks was at his prime, his crossing was exceptional but 95 would be quite enough for me.

As for his ATT, this is more complicated. For a winger, Becks was an average dribbler and he wasn't particularly quick but he he still found the space and time to provide those assists. So I wouldn't lower it too much, 78?

Becks should NEVER have MS, his shot's were always with curl. And a lot of curl most of the time too.

And again, I agree with Alcohomicide about the free kick values, Becks was precise but not this great, 94 maybe? Ronaldo has more goals from free kick this season than Beck ever had in a season for us. It doesn't tell all I know, but it's a clear indication that 99 isn't fitting.

I do however agree with swerve 99, very few have a technique as geared as Beckham to curve the ball maximally.

As for his speed stats, they're not too bad. He had a decent acceleration, but I seem to never agree with myself with what his TS should be.

Persona non grata
choccy

Postby BECKS23LA » 2009 May 29, 19:55

Final suggestions:
ATT 78-79
DA 80

LPA 96
FKA 95-96
CYRL 98

So ?

BECKS23LA

Postby Vandeach » 2009 May 31, 19:10

What about stamina, this values puts him on par with the likes of Scott Parker and 1 behind Andy Johnson. Surely an 84 would be more fitting. Also LPA should still be 98 for me, possibly 97 as he is probably one of the best crossers and long passers I have ever seen. FKA should be about 94/95 I agree with you. Swerve is fine though, after all he could 'bend it like it Beckham'. Also when was his technique this special on par with Arshavin ad 1 above Viduka, ridiculous it should be about 83 maybe 84 at most. Furthermore do I need to say anything about ST, it makes him one of the best in the Prem at the moment! I know he could strike the ball well, but come on! 84 is perfectly fine, still 1 below Gerrard and Lampard. Attack I agree. Please someone explain *TD. Also when where his reactions ever anything to shout home about? Does he really react quicker than Park Ji-Sung? No, he wasn't anything special in this area. 82/83.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby Jez » 2009 Jun 01, 22:21

Alcohomicide wrote:
jez wrote:watch the 98/99 season review on youtube
beckham was extremely nippy and is well deserving of the pace stats imo
and classic stats reflect a single period of time. its a matter of opinion in regards to 'the best free kick taker ever' but in this season, his freekicks were out of this world. i seem to remember someone finding a statistic back on the old site that said that every freekick from this season was on target and that they all went in apart from one which the keeper saved. not sure how accurate a statistic that is but i do urge you to watch the 98/99 review if you can as beckham really was this good imo

This is one of the most horrible sets of stats I have ever seen. :o It is difficult to be constructive, but I urge you to watch some other football players like Sinisa Mihajlovic, who scored 3 freekicks in 3 attempts in the same match and holds records the like Beckham is nowhere near from freekicks. This is just one of the names already mentioned.

I "urge" you also to check out players like Alonso, Totti, Gerrard, Pirlo and Lampard, who also know how to pass a ball over long distances. :lol:

I think what sticks out most, is that you have given him Middle Shoot star. That is funny, because it totally ruins the curl of a shot and makes them more like Gerrard/Lampard, superhard and more straight. Is this Beckham? :? No. He likes to curl the ball with placement and shot technique, like say Kaká or Del Piero. This star makes him play incorrectly imo.

I also think you might have made his shot power harder than Ronaldo's. :? I could be wrong there, though. :lol:

Attack 80 is also interesting, as that makes him as good and aware in attacking positions as Cesc Fabregas, Kevin Nolan, Joe Cole and Mikel Arteta. :\ It's 1 off of Michael Ballack and Elano!! :? I think 75 is a safer valuation there. ;)

Firstly, i'm well aware of all the players you listed there.
Secondly, i was only backing up why i THINK his PACE and FREEKICK stats are deserving. I never mentioned anything about attack or stamina or shooting etc. I actually agree with your suggestions and a lot of the suggestions i've just read. I bought up the Middle Shooting star in the stats for 01/02 beckham in which i used almost the exact explanation you used about the way the ball is striked. Just quoting my post then saying all that as though I don't know anything about stats is a tad annoying. Its not as though i made these :?

Anyway, I agree to lowering atack and removing Middle Shooting like i discussed in the other beckham thread. FKA could go down as it seems im outnumbered there haha. I dont agree to lowering the LPA or LPS though. LPA could go down a couple, but speed should remain.

Has anyone mentioned *side?

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby p1rha » 2009 Jun 01, 22:39

*side is ok for the young beckham... btw, FKA 94 Curl 98, SP 88 does the trick for me, amazing freekicks

p1rha

Postby p1rha » 2009 Jun 01, 22:44

Vandeach wrote:What about stamina, this values puts him on par with the likes of Scott Parker and 1 behind Andy Johnson. Surely an 84 would be more fitting. Also LPA should still be 98 for me, possibly 97 as he is probably one of the best crossers and long passers I have ever seen. FKA should be about 94/95 I agree with you. Swerve is fine though, after all he could 'bend it like it Beckham'. Also when was his technique this special on par with Arshavin ad 1 above Viduka, ridiculous it should be about 83 maybe 84 at most. Furthermore do I need to say anything about ST, it makes him one of the best in the Prem at the moment! I know he could strike the ball well, but come on! 84 is perfectly fine, still 1 below Gerrard and Lampard. Attack I agree. Please someone explain *TD. Also when where his reactions ever anything to shout home about? Does he really react quicker than Park Ji-Sung? No, he wasn't anything special in this area. 82/83.

agree with those changes, but for Shot Tec i would pick something arround 78

p1rha

Postby Jez » 2009 Jun 01, 22:44

p1rha wrote:*side is ok for the young beckham... btw, FKA 94 Curl 98, SP 88 does the trick for me, amazing freekicks

agree, although i'd have it at FKA 95. i want his babys though... :lol:
i have *side for him on my option file and he works so much better for me

Jez

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jun 02, 00:21

I did not know you did not make them. :D

Alcohomicide

Postby Jez » 2009 Jun 02, 00:32

Alcohomicide wrote:I did not know you did not make them. :D

haha well it does say stats by RVN at the top of the post!
sorry it just felt like you were mocking me for making stats that i didnt even make! haha
no hard feelings though :roll:

Jez

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jun 02, 00:41

No, not moaning, just getting impatient 'cause like... someof the classic players are rated so over-kindly. Like they were good at this, they must have red. These stats were like the Beckham of a youtube compilation video of his entire careers best moments. It doesn't take into account things he was still perfecting in this era even. As for it crediting RVN, I thought maybe you had just tweaked some stats he made and was crediting, it's no hard feelings a all, the way I reacted was possibly because I'd just seen George Weah's thread and felt like vomiting. :lol:

Alcohomicide

Postby Jez » 2009 Jun 02, 00:47

yeah clasic stats are annoying!
i hardly even look at the leages thread anymore :lol: , i'm obsesed with classics at the moment. my option file is full of classic teams!

what annoys me is the high attack and shot accuracy ratings for loads of the classic strikers though. i mean was geoff hurst as good in the area as pipo inzaghi? :? and was pele faster than torres? :? does my head in!
haha

not enough people comment on the classics imo
i made blomqvist stats AGES ago and so far all i have is "he wasnt that good" but with no suggestions. i thought comments like that had been banned in the old site...

Jez

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jun 02, 00:56

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, but often you get your head bitten off for pointing things out, like Garrincha's DS for instance.

It'd be nice if the classic stats were more accurate and it was more about players people have seen lots of. There's this guy from the 1930's called "Kick" Smit who has better shooting values than Torres. :lol:

Alcohomicide

Postby Jez » 2009 Jun 02, 01:05

haha!
its just annoying when you consider current players like cristiano ronaldo.
he scored 42 goals 2 seasons ago and won the world player of the year.
now lets imagine he did all this 20 years ago, he'd have 90's for ATT, SA, FKA etc etc. He has 83 for SA i think, i dont think it should be raised but what makes someone who has scored that many goals 83, and someone like zola or whoever higher when they only score 10 or so a season? I'm not saying ronaldo is a better finisher its just i think generaly a lot of classics are over-rated. I think if a lot of them were playing now then they wouldnt have the stats they do. its just too easy to play with some classic players.

Jez

Next

Return to 00's