Iker Casillas

Moderators: Fixer, brazilianpesfan, Korinov, Mod's

Iker Casillas

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 22:52

Image


CLASSIC SET(S): 2007 - 08 | 2009 - 10 | 2001 - 02

VIDEO(S):


Binds :x

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Oct 21, 02:11, edited 21 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
User avatar
PES Stats Database
 
Posts: 10033
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 123 times

by »



 

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby Potty » 2009 May 20, 16:17

...

Last edited by Potty on 2013 Jun 15, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
Potty
 
Posts: 20
Joined: 2008 Dec 22, 15:28
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby zuo » 2009 May 24, 20:14

he's 183 cm at his best..buffon was a lot taller than him at euro 08 and in all pics torres is little taller than him,and he always got very good posture......like always,i know that the policy is for officia billed heights,just wanna make the game more real..

Saving Private Adrian

Image
User avatar
zuo
 
Posts: 3333
Joined: 2009 Jan 19, 10:34
Location: North Italy
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby Ken » 2009 Jun 01, 00:54

Apparently he has been horrible in the second half of the season. He misses too many easy parries and catch and flap a lot at crosses. Time to consider his GK Skills ?

User avatar
Ken
 
Posts: 731
Joined: 2009 May 28, 16:23
Location: Georgia, USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby as_10 » 2009 Jun 01, 01:23

Ken wrote:Apparently he has been horrible in the second half of the season. He misses too many easy parries and catch and flap a lot at crosses. Time to consider his GK Skills ?

actually i'd consider both his DEF and GKS
i know i'll get a general disagree, but i think he gets 94 for both just because he is Casillas and is the best keeper in the world, but that's simply not true
he's famous not for catching difficult balls or being where he has to be at the right moment, his fame comes for his insane reflexes and outstanding jump, and both are already rated incredibly high(RESP is one of the bests even among classics, and jump is the highest in the DB for a GK)

aboout defence i dont consider him to be great at positioning, it looks like he reaches everywhere because of his resp and specially his jump
and about GKS, i cant believe people wanted him at 95! i know hes good at this and he problably deserves an orange value, but please, 94 is over the top. Valdes hasnt even done any big handling mistake this season and people was trying to put him at 80(im not saying hes underrated), while Casillas has done like four big mistakes and he has to be raised? NO. Moreover, like KEN said he punches lots of shots from outside the box and misses some crosses

i wouldnt mind with a 90/91 for both(DEF, GKS), but the problem is that half of the DB WILL mind :lol:

I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
User avatar
as_10
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 14:04
Location: Figueres, Catalunya
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby Ken » 2009 Jun 01, 01:35

as_10 wrote:
Ken wrote:Apparently he has been horrible in the second half of the season. He misses too many easy parries and catch and flap a lot at crosses. Time to consider his GK Skills ?

actually i'd consider both his DEF and GKS
i know i'll get a general disagree, but i think he gets 94 for both just because he is Casillas and is the best keeper in the world, but that's simply not true
he's famous not for catching difficult balls or being where he has to be at the right moment, his fame comes for his insane reflexes and outstanding jump, and both are already rated incredibly high(RESP is one of the bests even among classics, and jump is the highest in the DB for a GK)

aboout defence i dont consider him to be great at positioning, it looks like he reaches everywhere because of his resp and specially his jump
and about GKS, i cant believe people wanted him at 95! i know hes good at this and he problably deserves an orange value, but please, 94 is over the top. Valdes hasnt even done any big handling mistake this season and people was trying to put him at 80(im not saying hes underrated), while Casillas has done like four big mistakes and he has to be raised? NO. Moreover, like KEN said he punches lots of shots from outside the box and misses some crosses

i wouldnt mind with a 90/91 for both(DEF, GKS), but the problem is that half of the DB WILL mind :lol:


Of course they will mind, because a 90 or 91 will put him below Artur Boruc and on par with Julio Cesar and that will certainly get on lots of people' nerves :lol:. But he did actually decrease a little bit, and it is the same case for Buffon. Some people might disagree because they may give a reason like "the team are playing poor" or "the defence hasn't done their job" :lol:. I wouldn't even mind if we lowered both Casillas & Buffon.

User avatar
Ken
 
Posts: 731
Joined: 2009 May 28, 16:23
Location: Georgia, USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby Ulises » 2009 Jun 01, 08:36

Ken wrote:Apparently he has been horrible in the second half of the season. He misses too many easy parries and catch and flap a lot at crosses. Time to consider his GK Skills ?



In the last half of the season is where casillas got his best numbers!!! LOL. But well in the last matches where madrid didn't play for anything, casillas wasn't at his best, BUT that's not only casillas... All players when they have nothing to win o loose, they don't play his best, as i can play against my friends... I don't remember many matches cause i have bad memory but for example both matches against liveverpool, valencia...

But i think you are saying this because of the match played yesterday against osasuna where he missed a easy ball, that mistake as he said again to the press, was part due to the sun was directly shining on his eyes.

But anyway as many people say in this DB, is not fair to lower or rise a player just for one or a few matches, we have to judje whole seasons, and casillas had an incredible EURO less than a year before...

Ulises
 

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby Athoomy » 2009 Jun 01, 09:13

I totally agree with Ulises ..
when Madrid was fighting for the title he was always the best in the team .. but when the team lost interest and had nothing to shot for they all dropped dramatically ..
who could blame them .. they had no reason to play ..

I think he was magnificent this season .. one of the reasons Madrid made there incredible comeback .. without him I think the league would have ended a lot sooner ..

don't forget that Madrid also lost their best defensive player in the last 6 matches .. decreasing his state because of the last 4 or 5 games is just not fair ..

my opinion the current state describe him completely .. I don't see why we should change them ?!..

User avatar
Athoomy
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 2008 Dec 10, 08:40
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby as_10 » 2009 Jun 01, 12:00

Ken wrote:Of course they will mind, because a 90 or 91 will put him below Artur Boruc and on par with Julio Cesar and that will certainly get on lots of people' nerves :lol:

i thought Boruc was at 88/89 :|
anyway hell be on par with JC in terms of positioning and handling, while in resp and jump Casillas is completely above the brazilian, because that's where Casillas is amazing, not his ability to catch balls(he punches a lot sometimes)

and im not trying to decrease him just for 4-5 last matches, because i know perfectly that Madrid completely gave up before 2-6 against Barça
im trying to decrease him because theres no reason to put him to a level he doesnt deserve simply because hes been amazing(wich hes been half of the season, not the whole). Its the same case as Eto'o, he was rated at SA 89/ST 88, and hes been a scoring machine this year, but did he deserve that? NO, thats why he got lowered

Last edited by as_10 on 2009 Jun 01, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.
I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
User avatar
as_10
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 14:04
Location: Figueres, Catalunya
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby Ken » 2009 Jun 01, 18:46

Ulises wrote:
Ken wrote:Apparently he has been horrible in the second half of the season. He misses too many easy parries and catch and flap a lot at crosses. Time to consider his GK Skills ?



In the last half of the season is where casillas got his best numbers!!! LOL. But well in the last matches where madrid didn't play for anything, casillas wasn't at his best, BUT that's not only casillas... All players when they have nothing to win o loose, they don't play his best, as i can play against my friends... I don't remember many matches cause i have bad memory but for example both matches against liveverpool, valencia...

But i think you are saying this because of the match played yesterday against osasuna where he missed a easy ball, that mistake as he said again to the press, was part due to the sun was directly shining on his eyes.

But anyway as many people say in this DB, is not fair to lower or rise a player just for one or a few matches, we have to judje whole seasons, and casillas had an incredible EURO less than a year before...


Well I'm not judging his ability by just watching the Osasuna match. I believe he did make mistakes since the 2-6 loss to Barcelona, or more specifically, in Villarreal, Mallorca and some other matches between them as well.

Maybe a few matches is not convincing enough, but I recalled that he made mistakes in the first half of the season as well, and also in Euro 2008 (remember Spain- Sweden ?). It's not as many though but IMO still enough to judge him.

@as_10: I said Boruc has an 92 because I looked the Global GK skills ladder :lol:

jmg721 wrote:96: Gianluigi BUFFON

95: -

94: Iker CASILLAS

93: Petr ÄŒECH

92: Artur BORUC

91: JÚLIO CÉSAR

90: -

89: Shay GIVEN

88: Edwin VAN DER SAR


But now I check again in the Celtic thread I find out that he only have an 87 on GK Skills. Someone need to fix this ladder :D

Oh no wait I check once again and found out that there are actually two version of Boruc stats, so which one is being used right now ? :?

User avatar
Ken
 
Posts: 731
Joined: 2009 May 28, 16:23
Location: Georgia, USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby master smurf » 2009 Jun 01, 20:13

as_10 wrote:i thought Boruc was at 88/89 :|
anyway hell be on par with JC in terms of positioning and handling, while in resp and jump Casillas is completely above the brazilian, because that's where Casillas is amazing, not his ability to catch balls(he punches a lot sometimes)


I belive Casillas to be a GK magician with his acrobatic saves, only an inform Buffon making miraculous saves was thought to be better but this year Julio Cesar is the best and the saves that he made put him above all of them - and I am not an inter fan. I only take offense because you say that Iker (resp and jump) is "completely" above JC - that simply isnt the case.

On another note - Peter Cech is terribly overrated since his injury - it looks like he'll never be the same.

Dem no worry We
master smurf
 
Posts: 347
Joined: 2009 Feb 24, 18:43
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby StannisTheMannis » 2009 Jun 01, 20:50

Athoomy wrote:I think he was magnificent this season .. one of the reasons Madrid made there incredible comeback .. without him I think the league would have ended a lot sooner ..


Magnificent? Until first Barcelona match, in late December, he played really below his level, and that's about fifteen matches just in league. And the last five have been bad, so he didn't showed his level in about 20 matches. And he surely didn't have more than ten outstanding matches, when other years he didn't have more than three or four bad matches -and just one or two huge mistakes, this year he has comitted more failures than ever- and twenty or so incredible matches.

He isn't the best keeper of the world today by no means. Hope he recovers for the NT this summer.

"Her own father got this child on her? We are well rid of her, then. I will not suffer such abominations here. This is not King's Landing."
User avatar
StannisTheMannis
 
Posts: 1006
Joined: 2008 Dec 15, 00:09
Location: Madrid, Spain
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby as_10 » 2009 Jun 01, 20:58

Ken wrote:Oh no wait I check once again and found out that there are actually two version of Boruc stats, so which one is being used right now ? :?

there's a current version and then a classic version, maybe this confuses you

I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
User avatar
as_10
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 14:04
Location: Figueres, Catalunya
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby zuo » 2009 Jun 11, 01:24

zuo wrote:he's 183 cm at his BEST..buffon was a lot taller than him at euro 08 and in all pics torres is little taller than him,and he always got very good posture......like always,i know that the policy is for officia billed heights,just wanna make the game more real..


i just quote myself. i hate the overrating of famous players sizes.

Image

Saving Private Adrian

Image
User avatar
zuo
 
Posts: 3333
Joined: 2009 Jan 19, 10:34
Location: North Italy
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby manutd » 2009 Aug 03, 05:21

seriously, his consistency needs to go to 7 since buffon just got decreased too

manutd
 
Posts: 508
Joined: 2008 Dec 10, 10:05
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby Markulur » 2009 Aug 03, 09:56

manutd wrote:seriously, his consistency needs to go to 7 since buffon just got decreased too

This is not a reason...

Editing La Liga...
User avatar
Markulur
 
Posts: 2242
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 20:05
Location: Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby Ken » 2009 Aug 03, 13:15

Markulur wrote:
manutd wrote:seriously, his consistency needs to go to 7 since buffon just got decreased too

This is not a reason...


Well, he is being inconsistent like Buffon, isn't he ? He still produce amazing saves and great agility but sometimes you must admit he should have done better with the ball. I don't see why should we not decrease his Cons.

User avatar
Ken
 
Posts: 731
Joined: 2009 May 28, 16:23
Location: Georgia, USA
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby Markulur » 2009 Aug 03, 14:44

Ken wrote:
Markulur wrote:
manutd wrote:seriously, his consistency needs to go to 7 since buffon just got decreased too

This is not a reason...


Well, he is being inconsistent like Buffon, isn't he ? He still produce amazing saves and great agility but sometimes you must admit he should have done better with the ball. I don't see why should we not decrease his Cons.

With this explanation I can agree with no doubt!! It's not the suggestion why I disagree, is with the form of suggestion like manutd done.

Editing La Liga...
User avatar
Markulur
 
Posts: 2242
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 20:05
Location: Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby Cruel » 2009 Aug 04, 19:16

Maybe we should wait to the beginning of the season, lowering him as a result of the last few matches, when the league was already lost, doesn't seem to make sense.

Cruel
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 2009 Jan 10, 02:07
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby as_10 » 2009 Aug 04, 19:47

Cruel wrote:Maybe we should wait to the beginning of the season, lowering him as a result of the last few matches, when the league was already lost, doesn't seem to make sense.

Did you even bother to read the discussion?

This post is the perfect example of what people is saying, not that 5 rubbish matches where Madrid simply gave up.
Agüero wrote:Magnificent? Until first Barcelona match, in late December, he played really below his level, and that's about fifteen matches just in league. And the last five have been bad, so he didn't showed his level in about 20 matches. And he surely didn't have more than ten outstanding matches, when other years he didn't have more than three or four bad matches -and just one or two huge mistakes, this year he has comitted more failures than ever- and twenty or so incredible matches.


Also I'd like to come back with my last suggestions, even if I put my neck in danger(I'd like to say that this suggestions aren't based even in this irregular season, even the superb Casillas that we're used to see doesn't deserve this enormous DEF and KS):
as_10 wrote:i know i'll get a general disagree, but i think he gets 94 for both just because he is Casillas and is the best keeper in the world, but that's simply not true
he's famous not for catching difficult balls or being where he has to be at the right moment, his fame comes for his insane reflexes and outstanding jump, and both are already rated incredibly high(RESP is one of the bests even among classics, and jump is the highest in the DB for a GK)

aboout defence i dont consider him to be great at positioning, it looks like he reaches everywhere because of his resp and specially his jump
and about GKS, i cant believe people wanted him at 95! i know hes good at this and he problably deserves an orange value, but please, 94 is over the top. Valdes hasnt even done any big handling mistake this season and people was trying to put him at 80(im not saying hes underrated), while Casillas has done like four big mistakes and he has to be raised? NO. Moreover, like KEN said he punches lots of shots from outside the box and misses some crosses


I want my son Brooklyn to be christianized, but I still don't know in which religion - David Beckham
User avatar
as_10
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 14:04
Location: Figueres, Catalunya
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Iker CASILLAS

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 19, 05:20

If this was already brought up I apologize....but why is his SPS -12 from what seems to be the common SPS in the EPL?

"The Recoba Effect"
User avatar
jmg721
 
Posts: 5506
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 23:47
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Real Madrid CF

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests