Diego Benaglio

Moderators: s-cobar, Hayame, Mod's

Diego Benaglio

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 12, 23:34

Name: Diego Orlando Benaglio

Last edited by jurgens on 2014 Feb 23, 02:34, edited 10 times in total.
Reason: Update Speed, Response, Agility
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Diego BENAGLIO

Postby RB7 » 2009 Apr 02, 11:18

I think he is faster to rush out even in Nacional he was able to win some 1-1's due to his speed when rushing out.

SPORTING CLUB PORTUGAL
RB7

Postby Heui » 2009 Apr 05, 21:00

Yeah, I'm currently working a lot on all Buli GK stats. Definately 66 is too low, but I don't have any number in mind yet.

Heui

Postby Conconuts » 2009 May 24, 16:44

To rework the Buli keepers sounds very good, alot of them seem to be underrated. It's the same witg Benaglio, who was the second best goalie this season, according to the Kicker.

Conconuts

Postby monKevski » 2009 May 24, 16:51

His stats are good enough in my opinion.

monKevski

Postby Conconuts » 2009 May 24, 17:08

BUt if you compare the EPL keepers to the ones of the Buli, there would be 11 guys with better Keeper Skills than Benaglio, 16 guys with a higher jump,13 with higher Defence and even 17! with higher Responce. And this is without taking the ones with same value into calculation.
I don't think that represents the true performance of the top Buli keepers, as they would be just as good as an average EPL keeper, or even worse.

Conconuts

Postby monKevski » 2009 May 24, 17:18

Don't know it exactly, but don't have the EPL an other ladder than the Bundesliga, do they?
Well, Benaglio lacks are to walk out his goal and standard situation which are going into the Keeper Skill if I'm not mistaken.
He has brilliant reaction, but mostly he defends the balls, not catchin them.
I think his actual stats there fit him quite good.

Perhaps you can read a post from Gooner in the evo-web about the new keeper revolution, then you'll understand my arguments. ;)

monKevski

Postby Tom » 2009 May 24, 17:29

Conconuts wrote:BUt if you compare the EPL keepers to the ones of the Buli, there would be 11 guys with better Keeper Skills than Benaglio, 16 guys with a higher jump,13 with higher Defence and even 17! with higher Responce. And this is without taking the ones with same value into calculation.
I don't think that represents the true performance of the top Buli keepers, as they would be just as good as an average EPL keeper, or even worse.

Firstly, I'm going to be re-evaluating Benaglio in the next couple of days as, like you've said, he's had a storming season. Bear in mind that the stats were originally created before he had played a game for Wolfsburg

Secondly, the "average" of an EPL keeper has changed a lot lately. Keepers in the Premier League tend to be bought from clubs outside of the Premier League, with very few actually being reared from the academy themselves. This means that the standard of "average" has been raised, so this can potentially mean that the "average" Premier League keeper is more likely better than the "average" keeper of other leagues. Besides, what keepers do you percieve to be "average" in the Premier League? Gomes? James? Sorensen?

Thirdly, stop looking at individual stats. It's the culmination of every vital keeper skill stat that quanitifies whether a keeper is decent. Some of those guys may have a really high Keeper Skills but could be low in their Defence, Response and Team Work. You can't just make a sweeping generalisation.

And Kevski, would that go down well then? An advice post on stats for a Keeper?

Tom

Postby Conconuts » 2009 May 24, 17:35

I can'T find that thread but I think I know what you mean. Keeper Skills show the tendency to puch or to catch, where as the response is there for the reflexes. But even with this, I think Buli keepers are underrated.

Conconuts

Postby monKevski » 2009 May 24, 17:56

Don't know it exactly, of course you can post a set of stats of him, but in my eyes it's hard to rate a keeper, especially when keepers like Benaglio made a brilliant second half the season.

I have to admit that near every player of Wolfsburg have a raising form in the second half of the season, if you look at the first half, you'll quick see, Wolfsburg wasn't so successful, only at home. And Benaglio hadn't his best days there, he made a lot of mistakes, an example the game against PSG in the Uefa Cup. But at the end he was getting better and better, he played 11 times without getting a goal, most of them were in the second half.
But in my opinion he must learn more to run better out of his goal and to keep better his box at standard situations. But his best abilties to hold most of the shots coming to his goal. Therefore he is so high in the ranking of defended balls, only Drobny was better.

But I must also admit that most of the keepers in the Bundesliga made a great season. Keepers like Drobny, Enke, Eilfhoff, Tremmel, Bailly have a high rate in defended balls.
When we want to raise Benaglio's keeper skills, then we must raise the skills of those keepers, too.

monKevski

Postby Conconuts » 2009 May 24, 19:01

monKevski wrote:Don't know it exactly, of course you can post a set of stats of him, but in my eyes it's hard to rate a keeper, especially when keepers like Benaglio made a brilliant second half the season.

I have to admit that near every player of Wolfsburg have a raising form in the second half of the season, if you look at the first half, you'll quick see, Wolfsburg wasn't so successful, only at home. And Benaglio hadn't his best days there, he made a lot of mistakes, an example the game against PSG in the Uefa Cup. But at the end he was getting better and better, he played 11 times without getting a goal, most of them were in the second half.
But in my opinion he must learn more to run better out of his goal and to keep better his box at standard situations. But his best abilties to hold most of the shots coming to his goal. Therefore he is so high in the ranking of defended balls, only Drobny was better.

But I must also admit that most of the keepers in the Bundesliga made a great season. Keepers like Drobny, Enke, Eilfhoff, Tremmel, Bailly have a high rate in defended balls.
When we want to raise Benaglio's keeper skills, then we must raise the skills of those keepers, too.

And exactly that is, what I think, has to be done. Benaglios Response and Defense schould be raised, and it's the same with Enke, Drobny, Bailly and so on. The Keeper skill is another topic I think. But in terms of blocking shots, the Buli keepers are better then they are with this stats.

Conconuts

Postby monKevski » 2009 May 24, 19:09

I think we should only raise response. In Defence they still have some lacks.
But the reflexes of the mentioned keepers also show that most of them are quite agile, perhaps we should also think about this area.

And for you the link, if you haven't find it, yet. Keepers: A Chance by GoonerlLover66

Think this topic fits perfect to the keepers in the Bundesliga at the moment. ;)

monKevski

Postby Conconuts » 2009 May 24, 19:28

Great article. That's what I thought about (perhaps I could not express it in the way I wanted to ;-) ) The Buli keepers seem to be rated with the "old" system, as the EPL keepers have higher Agility, TS, ACC and Response ratings. We should try to change that.

Conconuts

Postby monKevski » 2009 May 24, 19:45

I'll see what I can do, but for Benaglio, 87 in Response is the maximum for me, cause on a good day he will be too good. ;)

monKevski

Postby Conconuts » 2009 May 24, 19:53

So what about:
ACC: 69
Agility:77
Jump:85
?

Conconuts

Postby monKevski » 2009 May 24, 22:57

I would say:

TS: 67
Acc: 68
Agility: 77
Jump: 83 (You must also look at his height)

monKevski

Postby Conconuts » 2009 May 24, 23:22

monKevski wrote:I would say:

TS: 67
Acc: 68
Agility: 77
Jump: 83 (You must also look at his height)

Okay you're right, I forget to look at his height cause im relatively new here.
So agree to this one.

Conconuts

Postby monKevski » 2009 May 24, 23:32

Updated him now. ;)

monKevski

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jul 23, 02:49

He's my favourite goalie in the league if I'm being honest.

I think his attack should be raised a bit, to 33... He seems to be able to start off attacks quite well from defense.

Paddy

Postby clinon » 2009 Oct 01, 12:47

Agility could easily go up to 79.

He's more agile than Butt.

clinon

Next

Return to VfL Wolfsburg