Mario Yepes

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:44

VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Mario YEPES

Postby nancyboy » 2008 Dec 23, 19:22

Hmm I think you should increase his defensive values, he's not in the 2009 PES, but only cause he just signed with Chievo and it's a big mistake from konami.

But if you see his stats in the 2008 game, he has a 90 in defense and a better stats, I'm Colombian and I know him well, and yes, he´s not at his peak, but I'm a serie A fan and if you see chievo games, he's by far their best defender, hell! if milan had him to repalce some injured prone players!!

It's not possible to pass from Defense 90 to 84 in just one year, especially that stat which increases with experience, and you could not say that Mario Alberto has forget how to position himself on the pitch.

IMHO, he´s a LOT better ajajaj hope you don´t mind if I "sound" to passionate about it XD.

My suggestions:
- Defense 90
- Shot Acc 70 (he was a Striker in his early years at Deportivo Cali primavera team, and he can score!)

Tks!

nancyboy

Postby jmg721 » 2008 Dec 23, 22:10

Well...I appreciate your enthusiasm. I just need to point out that our stats are not based on what Konami thinks. Otherwise Kaladze would be one of the best Defenders in the world :roll:

These stats are based on how he we can make him play more like the real Yepes in the PES game. That being said, I have probably watched more Chievo matches this season than anyone on here. Yes, Yepes is by far their best defender...but that is not saying much. At his current value of 84 he is on par with MATERAZZI, STOVINI, ZAPATA. I wouldn't put him in the same class of Defensive positioning as GAMBERINI, MELLBERG, LEGROTTAGLIE, MEXES.

Also, keep in mind there is more to playing defense in PES than just the "Def" category. Also have to factor in that he has.....
Balance: 86
Top Speed: 73
Acceleration: 73
Response: 79
Agility: 70
Header: 87
Jump: 85
Aggression: 67
Mentality: 86
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
*Marking
*D-line Control
These all contribute in some way to making him and others, more or less effective in their defensive abilities.

As far as Shot Accuracy goes, I'm not sure I have seen him shoot recently. His current value of
Attack: 58
Shot Accuracy: 61
Shot Power: 78
Shot Technique: 60
seem generally low for a defender. 70SA seems a bit much though.

Also....my previous suggestions were:
Top Speed: 76
Acceleration: 74
Response: 81 (previously agreed upon)

Like to hear your thoughts 8-)

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby danielfrancog » 2009 Jan 02, 07:43

well no ofense but in my opinion he is a much better defence than materazzi this poor men who is working with a defence that isnt worth a penny a very unexperiance goal keper and still he has managed to keep their team from getting 5 goal every game
you should see him playing for hes nt :shock: i say at least head to head with ivan cordoba on 88 . 76 good ts

sugestions

df 88
bl 80-83 hes not as strong as he used to be
ts 76
acc 74
resp 80
jump 79 - 80

and star for Sliding couse thats what made him famous in first place

danielfrancog

Postby Alex_10 » 2009 Jan 16, 12:11

i have to completely disagree.. and 88 in defense is just crazy, and is response is very very slow, not in yellow values.. but i have to agree, chievo has a really poor defense..

]The Italian Corner on PSD[ http://pesstatsdatabase.com/off-topic-chit-chat/italians-do-it-better-a-k-a-the-italian-corner-t12414.html
Alex_10

Postby ramyv10 » 2009 Jan 25, 21:50

i agree with jmg...looking at the def ladder he's definitely at the correct value...he fits in well at 84. The old Yepes was a great defender, possibly even world class material. IMO he's not better than Materazzi NOW. I'm Colombian too and I've seen him on the NT, and lately...Walter Moreno and Luis Amaranto Perea have been the first choice CB's and when Yepes has played...honestly he's shown his best days are behind him.

ramyv10

Postby danielfrancog » 2009 Jan 31, 10:38

ramyv10 wrote:i agree with jmg...looking at the def ladder he's definitely at the correct value...he fits in well at 84. The old Yepes was a great defender, possibly even world class material. IMO he's not better than Materazzi NOW. I'm Colombian too and I've seen him on the NT, and lately...Walter Moreno and Luis Amaranto Perea have been the first choice CB's and when Yepes has played...honestly he's shown his best days are behind him.

WOW i dont know which games have you seen but the only games he has play with colombia hes been by far the best defender and thats why hes the captain now an yes at his best time he was world class as a matter of fact he was fifa worlds top 10 (other times ) and walter moreno????? no way he hasnt play sinnce june (pintos days) and he only playd because pinto the excouch for those who dont know decided to figth with the best players in colombia (cordoba,mondragon,yepes etc....) now again i stand HES BETTER THAN MATERAZI hes iven has better positioning than cordoba who has an 88

danielfrancog

Postby jmg721 » 2009 May 22, 09:09

jmg721 wrote:CREDIT TO PLF

His acceleration is quite good for a man his size and age (29 now) but of course his top speed is quite avg

:lol: After 4 seasons we are still using PLF's stats :lol:

I actually, if I'm not mistaken, think his Defense has been lowered(and response raised) since PLF's stats were posted.

Here are my notes from the Genoa Match:
CB 33 Yepes - defending well vs Milito so far/"outstanding season for Chievo"/30 starts/Defended well all match/
Honestly he looked like a class defender on this day ;)

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby danielfrancog » 2009 May 23, 00:56

danielfrancog wrote:well no ofense but in my opinion he is a much better defence than materazzi this poor men who is working with a defence that isnt worth a penny a very unexperiance goal keper and still he has managed to keep their team from getting 5 goal every game
you should see him playing for hes nt :shock: i say at least head to head with ivan cordoba on 88 . 76 good ts

sugestions

df 88
bl 80-83 hes not as strong as he used to be
ts 76
acc 74

and star for Sliding couse thats what made him famous in first place

good thing hes starting to prove me rigth :mrgreen: but

danielfrancog

Postby jmg721 » 2009 May 23, 01:21

I can't agree with your Balance analysis...but I wouldn't argue with a couple points bump in Def, TS or ACC.

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby danielfrancog » 2009 May 23, 07:13

jmg721 wrote:I can't agree with your Balance analysis...but I wouldn't argue with a couple points bump in Def, TS or ACC.

ur rigth i wasnt thinking straight back then but still BB isnt his main feature and it shouldn't be his highest stat but definitely a star for sliding he has proven to be deserving of that star thorough his carrier

danielfrancog

Postby jmg721 » 2009 May 23, 07:23

danielfrancog wrote:...but still BB isnt his main feature and it shouldn't be his highest stat...
It doesn't really work that way. Just because he is an 86BB & 84Def doesn't mean his Balance is more of a reason why he is good. Every stat is rated on a different scale. An 84 in defense is VERY high...top level. And Balance 86 along with his size will make him probably middle of the pack in size/strength among CB's in the Serie A.

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby Tom » 2009 May 23, 08:14

Is there any reason why your previous suggestions have been ignored, Jason? They seem pretty sensible to me and I'd probably go ahead and update Yepes in these areas if I were you; Chievo isn't the most frequented area of the site.

Although I disagree with nancyboy's (Man, what a bad username! :lol: ) sentiments and justification for his SA, I do think that his SA and ST could do with a boost in order to fit the ladder better. I think that a 65 for SA and a 65-66 for ST would be adequate and not suggestions that would cause a riot.

Isn't his Aggression a little high? Does he really join the attack once it's instigated? I for one cannot remember this being the case at PSG and I often remember that he'd stay back, covering for when the counter-attack. He did, however, go up for corners but that is covered in the Formation & Tactics section of PES. So, I'm suggesting that we could give his Aggression a bit of a drop, say by about 7 points?

Also, I'd knock his Agility up a bit. Although reasonably stiff, he still has some fluidity (?) within his movements.

Tom

Postby jmg721 » 2009 May 23, 08:52

SA: 65
ST: 66
Agg: 60
AGI: 72
Top Speed: 76
Acceleration: 74
Response: 81
Updated!

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 18, 07:26

CB 33 Yepes - main arial target of CKs/good 1v1stop on sanchez/best Def value on team/

CB 33 Yepes - "been the star of the show in defense"/very good positioning and tackling/"reading of the game has been excellent"/

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby danielfrancog » 2009 Aug 18, 15:17

jmg721 wrote:
CB 33 Yepes - main arial target of CKs/good 1v1stop on sanchez/best Def value on team/

CB 33 Yepes - "been the star of the show in defense"/very good positioning and tackling/"reading of the game has been excellent"/

and once again i say that his def should be at least at 88 and that he most definitely has to have the sliding star (ive seen this guy my entire life and hes perfect tackling is what made him the best paid player in france ) and i suggest a responce update at least on pair with chivu

RES 85
DEF 88

* SLIDING

danielfrancog

Postby jmg721 » 2009 Aug 18, 22:52

Just out of my own curiousity...what would you rate Cordoba in compairison with Yepes?

"The Recoba Effect"
jmg721

Postby danielfrancog » 2009 Aug 19, 02:49

jmg721 wrote:Just out of my own curiousity...what would you rate Cordoba in compairison with Yepes?

86 he has exelent positioning but relies much in speed yepes in the other hand is slower but over all a better defender based on what ive seen of them in the NT

danielfrancog

Postby zuo » 2009 Sep 28, 14:40

an other awesome match in defence yesterday,always a threat from offensive CKS

Saving Private Adrian

zuo

Postby zuo » 2009 Sep 28, 15:57

ATK could be at least 60 with Samuel,Paci and Canini.

Nesta too is on 60 but he should go down to 58-59,he isnt on the level of the others
during offensive set-pieces.

Burdisso is on 61 and should get a good boost,he's better than all those previous and can also play as a Sideback.

i think burdisso could comfortably stay here:
64: Andrea RAGGI, Santiago MORERO, Leandro RINAUDO, Fabiano SANTACROCE, JUAN, Cristián ZAPATA

Saving Private Adrian

zuo

Next

Return to Club Atlético San Lorenzo de Almagro