Danny Welbeck

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Danny Welbeck

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 18:01

Credit to Paddy

Spoiler: show
Long before Daniel Welbeck made his senior debut for Manchester United he had already made a name for himself at Old Trafford with some impressive performances for the youth academy and reserve teams. His seven goals in 11 starts for the reserves in the 2007/08 season left many fans calling for manager Sir Alex Ferguson to grant the youngster a first team debut. Ferguson - an expert in nurturing young talent - was suitably impressed, comparing the 18-year-old to Portsmouth striker Nwankwo Kanu due to his natural ability on the ball. After making his first appearance for the senior team in the Carling Cup against Middlesbrough in September 2008, Welbeck finally made his long awaited Premier League debut bagging a spectacular long range goal in a 5-0 rout of Stoke at Old Trafford. Since then, despite his chances being limited by the arrivals of Dimitar Berbatov and Michael Owen, Welbeck has put in a number of strong performances for United and is definitely one to watch for the future. Born and raised in Longsight, Manchester, Welbeck is a fan favourite. United haven’t seen a youth team forward break into the first team since Mark Hughes first appeared on the scene in 1983, so the burden of expectation is massive. He is a player with pace, a fierce shot, strength and excellent heading ability and since making his debut he has scored three goals for United in 13 appearances, including two FA Cup goals. However, although he is clearly a promising young player with an impressive record at youth level, his initial impact has not been as impressive as that of some of his team-mates, so it is important to put his talent into perspective. He is not as developed as Owen or Wayne Rooney were at his age and it is very difficult to predict how his career will evolve in the coming years. In the past many English forwards have been tipped for the top and have subsequently faded into obscurity. The likes of Danny Cadermateri and Malcolm Christie have developed into nothing but the answers to obscure pub quiz questions and there is nothing to say that Welbeck won’t suffer a similar fate. Despite this he can consider himself lucky that he has Ferguson to guide him, one of the best in the game at ensuring that young players fulfil their potential. Welbeck has a wealth of international experience at youth level, scoring for the Under-17 team at the 2007 World Championships in Korea and starring for the Under-19 team at the 2009 European Championships. At United he faces the unenviable task of competing with the likes of Rooney and Berbatov for the role of first-team striker, however given a few years experience it is conceivable that he could play a starring role for an England side lacking in talented young strikers. Welbeck does not currently have enough experience to be considered for England selection any time soon and whilst this has not prevented England managers in the past, (most notably Sven-Göran Eriksson’s decision to select Theo Walcott for the 2006 World Cup) it is unlikely that Fabio Capello will take a similar gamble on the youngster. Given the tough competition at United Welbeck might benefit from being loaned out to another Premier League side in the near future. Regular football could be all that is stopping him from repeating his youth level feats at the top level. Earlier in the year Welbeck made his England Under-21 debut as a substitute against Ecuador and his continued participation in the team will play an important role in his future development. Under-21 coach Stuart Pearce clearly recognises his potential, playing him in two games since February and naming him in his original 23-man squad for the 2009 European Championships. Although injury prevented him from playing at the Championships, at only 18 he will almost certainly be a part of the team for a number of years to come. While at United he must ensure that he makes the most of training with experienced veterans like Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs. Yet for all his promise, as a striker he will inevitably be judged on his goals and he must ensure that he continues to prove his goalscoring ability in the Premier League. In short, Daniel Welbeck has a tough task ahead of him if he is to become an England star but his mission is a simple one - get regular football and score plenty of goals.

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Jan 30, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Danny WELBECK

Postby Mirza » 2009 Feb 06, 21:46

BECKS23LA wrote:
TDM_21 wrote:
Paddy wrote:Name: Danny WELBECK

Club: Manchester United
Number: 19
Position: CF*, WF
Nationality: English

Foot: R
Side: R

Height: 185
Weight: 73

Attack: 77 -1
Defence: 37
Balance: 78
Stamina: 78
Top Speed: 85
Acceleration: 85
Response: 78
Agility: 81 +1
Dribble Accuracy: 78 +1
Dribble Speed: 82 -1
Short Pass Accuracy: 69
Short Pass Speed: 74
Long Pass Accuracy: 68
Long Pass Speed: 73
Shot Accuracy: 74 +1
Shot Power: 82
Shot Technique: 79
Free Kick Accuracy: 66
Swerve: 75
Header: 74 +1
Jump: 78 -1
Technique: 77
Aggression: 83
Mentality: 76
Keeper Skills: 50
Team Work: 73
Injury Tolerance: B
Condition/Fitness: 6
Weak Foot Accuracy: 3 +1
Weak Foot Frequency: 3
Consistency: 5

This stats are better. They should be at the first post

Agree!

Agree with most. Added some of my own stats for this huge talent...

Mirza

Postby umphreys11 » 2009 Feb 15, 18:12

great finish today, i think he deserves at least a green stat for his SA

umphreys11

Postby Prata » 2009 Feb 15, 19:56

umphreys11 wrote:great finish today, i think he deserves at least a green stat for his SA

One goal won´t change any stat IMO

BTW counts 3 agrees

Doing a lot of stuff int the Portuguese League -transfers, updating players, updating squads,...
Prata

Postby umphreys11 » 2009 Feb 15, 22:52

I'm not saying that one goal should change anything, i think his shot is consistently around a 75-77 in SA. I was just mentioning a class finish he had.

umphreys11

Postby kendees » 2009 Feb 16, 08:46

I agree with the new one. It looks better!
btw, here's a beter picture for the 1st post:

I know that i don't know anything.
kendees

Postby goku » 2009 Feb 16, 09:45

Those stats would make him a world class 18 year old... I've seen him play a lot and hes not deserving of 85 for TS & Acc. It pretty bias if you increase him.

goku

Postby Paddy » 2009 Feb 23, 03:48

You obviously haven't seen him enough

Paddy

Postby goku » 2009 Mar 14, 20:54

Paddy wrote:You obviously haven't seen him enough

I've seen him plenty, I'd be surprised if he stayed at top level for more than 2 years.

goku

Postby Paddy » 2009 Mar 14, 21:01

Richard Kingson
Shola Ameobi
Lee Bowyer.

They're all still here...

Paddy

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Mar 14, 21:23

Paddy wrote:Richard Kingson
Shola Ameobi
Lee Bowyer.

They're all still here...

Richard Kingson - 2nd choice goalkeeper for mid-table team
Shola Ameobi - A back-up for a side who could easily be playing in the Championship next year
Lee Bowyer. - Playing in the Championship

None of them are doing 'well' tbh.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
"I guarantee fourth place" - Rafael Benitez.
Vandeach

Postby Paddy » 2009 Mar 14, 21:42

the last two have spent a good amount of time at Big clubs.

They're examples... sure if you don't believe he'll be a success, time will prove you wrong. ;)

Paddy

Postby Vandeach » 2009 Mar 14, 21:50

I don't see it tbh :? , but we'll see.

"If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing" - Bill Shankly.
Vandeach

Postby UTDFAN94 » 2009 Apr 09, 23:03

agree with paddy think he is going to be a wonderful player
playing well in the reserves and has done well when he has got his chance in the first team

i think next season we will get a much clearer view cos if tevez leaves and we dont get a replacement he will be play a good few games considering rooney usually gets a couple of injuries a season

UTDFAN94

Postby Paddy » 2009 May 10, 17:03

Are mine ever going to be put into first post :lol:

Paddy

Postby Paddy » 2009 May 17, 13:19

Am I not going to be given 1st post considering they're my stats?

Paddy

Postby Vandeach » 2009 May 17, 17:56

Sorry about that ;). Also couldn't his aggression be raised, or he is a deep-lying striker?

Vandeach

Postby Paddy » 2009 May 17, 18:08

You have to consider the winger position he also takes up. He does drop back too, thats the reason why I've rated him at 83.

Paddy

Postby Vandeach » 2009 May 17, 18:17

If he drops back deep then give him a high defence, I don't see the difference really if he plays as a winger really, most WF's have an aggression of round about 85.

Vandeach

Postby choccy » 2009 May 20, 13:26

I think paddys stats looks ok, there are some issues there but I'd like to see him more in the 1st team to suggest anything.

May I also suggest that paddy should be in contention for a most-improved poster award?

Edit: Didn't notice that he'd been updated. D'oh!

Persona non grata
choccy

Postby Paddy » 2009 May 20, 13:37

Thanks choccy. I know we've had our differences in the past, but lets put them behind us :)

What stats are you uncertain about?

Paddy

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal FC