Thibaut Courtois

Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Thibaut Courtois

Postby PES Stats Database » 2011 Apr 21, 16:57

VIDEOS:

Spoiler: show

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Aug 30, 19:00, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Thibaut COURTOIS

Postby vinnie » 2012 Jun 13, 08:17

i think he's a bit op with these stats... his RES for example, outstanding for sure, but from what i've seen i've only noticed a few saves demonstrating to this extent, just glimpses of RES at orange level. Can we really rate him a 93 RES? Frankly if he's at that level, all the other goalies need to come up a bit because he is not so far ahead of alot of other goalies around RES range.. I think he's more accurately a 89/90 RES, 91 maximum.

He should be without a single hesitant breath of a doubt the number one keeper in belgium if he had these abilities, but he is still battling Mignolet ( who is infact the #1). Maybe he can be this level of ability, but frankly how many years of experience playing has he had? Such a drastic set for such limited play! Of the best saves showing his RES, i have to say that the likes of Abbiati (88RES) -> to goalies on RES level of Shay Given (90) can easily make as well. Goalies at RES like 91+ like Al-Habsi, Wiese, Lloris have better reflexes then what Courtois has shown so far in my opinion.

Just consider that 2 years of De Gea determined to 85 DEF/92 RES/85GKS has been reduced to 86 DEF/87 RES/84 GKS after one season at EPL..... (this is more injustice then inaccurate rating though, De Gea is still no less then 92 RES, even up to 94 RES for this season imho)
What if Courtois next season has a terrible season? Will he be dropped a few points here and there? i don't think it's such a good idea to rate him so well already,

I do think though he could have DEF boost to 87, his DEF is easier to see, in that his positioning (when coming out to challenge and whatnot) is really really good, such a safe keeper (though not a good organizer/communicator). I think maybe he is on Frey, Benaglio's level for DEF.

Summed up, i think that:

DEF:87
RES:89-91 (91 being extreme in my opinion)
GKS:89 (it's fine, he's great here, though some odd mishandlings, i don't really count those unless they're constant haggles)

I wouldn't mind being wrong here, since footage is rather limited, i based most of this from a few matches and the few videos available. I just feel his RES is overblown.

If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
vinnie

Postby Fixer » 2012 Jun 13, 08:37

If he has a terrible season we'll see, but I wouldn't compare de Gea (Whose stats were made by a few users based on varios here and there thoughts) and Courtois (Whose stats were made by s-cobar, all alone, and using absolutely different standards and understanding in GK as we did with de Gea by that moment)

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby vinnie » 2012 Jun 13, 08:54

ya that's my thing, i have very little doubts with scobar rating goalies, but frankly we haven't adapted all the other keepers, so that when you have few (and Courtois being relatively rookie) goalies that are applied with his standards it stands out as a bit bizarre...

Not to mention he didn't explain much.

With due respect to seb, i think Courtois is more rounded then this, like that his abilities are all really good, but close to each other, like he's well balanced. I see him as
DEF < GKS ≤ RES, but only by a point or two difference between each. So then what i suggested of 87 DEF/89 GKS/89-91 RES is along what i think he's more like. He doesn't depend on his RES, his RES isn't so outstanding compared to his other abilities, In fact i think his GKS is even as good or better then his response, when i watch him make a save, i'm always most impressed by his GKS, then his DEF when rushing out and positioning, and then his RES, which is good but isn't what grabs my attention like a 93 would. I don't see him making pure reaction saves that 93 suggests. I see more great technical keeping that is very rounded, with little weaknessess, and complimenting abilities. I see a keeper that is really great all around, with maturity and composure and discipline and ability beyond his years, not just astonishing RES.

Anyways ya lets leave that to next year, just not very comfortable with how it is atm. Seems like i said before, a little op for what he's shown

vinnie

Postby Fixer » 2012 Jun 13, 09:07

Nono, I never took permission off you to doubt a set by s-cobar, he can be wrong too, but I mean the way we rated de Gea and Courtois had absolutely different views on the stats and had nothing to do due to that, never said I disagreed with you. In fact, I do agree.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Fixer

Postby BigStu » 2012 Jun 13, 13:07

actually de geas stats are made by ballmer based on sebs standards,

BigStu

Postby Fixer » 2012 Jun 13, 13:33

Oh, I thought ballmer made a set then adapted It. Anyway, was just letting clear they were not rated the same way :)

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby PIPA23 » 2012 Jun 27, 19:41

he will play for Atletico for another season, loan confirmed:
http://www.clubatleticodemadrid.com/Web ... 9&previo=0

PIPA23

Postby FernandoA13 » 2012 Aug 26, 11:55

Imho because i aint that good with judging GK, his DEF could be higher?

Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
FernandoA13

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Aug 31, 19:52

Malakayi

Postby s-cobar » 2012 Aug 31, 19:54

Still most underrated Gk by konami

s-cobar

Postby MrEskola » 2012 Aug 31, 19:56

Better than I thought, but still underrated.

MrEskola

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Aug 31, 20:01

Btw, I am a fan of Vogsteiler now xD http://pesdb.net/pes2013/player.php?id=54509

Malakayi

Postby s-cobar » 2012 Aug 31, 20:04

Could you explanier what those sets are? Ml Players or what?

s-cobar

Postby Malakayi » 2012 Aug 31, 20:11

Well, he plays for Osthomkorch, that's all I know :P Joking aside, that is likely a club from the fantasy-club-league aka Master League Division 2. Vogsteiler is so good, I wanna buy his jersey! Atletico should buy him :D

Malakayi

Postby Gent Soc » 2012 Sep 10, 16:52

Lol. Very similar with Tsaktoyouri stats in PES 2011.

based on consistency and consequences.
Gent Soc

Postby stjuart » 2012 Oct 01, 08:38

Great play in last few games, especially last night. I think that his KS coud be orange.

stjuart

Postby Fixer » 2012 Oct 01, 12:49

stjuart wrote:Great play in last few games, especially last night. I think that his KS coud be orange.

He's not been at his last year level. Very good, but not outstanding or flawless.

kunmariano wrote:

Fixer

Postby vinnie » 2012 Oct 30, 08:06

i don't think he's green agility (let alone 79 :P ), probably low white (low 70's).

and his GKS is really great, outstanding talent in this, such a strong parrier, skilled, safe. seems to be graet at catching too (preference)

I really like his positioning too. i think i've said all of this before :lol: could go up to 87 imo.

And i don't he's really shown quite as good as 93 res

vinnie

Postby Santastico » 2012 Nov 08, 14:21

He has a good positioning as @ vinnie said, I think a good DEF 87-88, though his RES could be 91-92. I agree on everything vinnie said, even in EP, should be white, but as a 73, and this may be reflected in what I said earlier about RES, ie, its "low" level of agility influences in his response, even because it is too large :D .

"I may be a new Di Stéfano, but I can not be a new Pele He is the one who goes beyond the limits of logic ..." - Johann Cruyff
Santastico

Postby vinnie » 2012 Dec 02, 09:24

I think Jump should be lower as well, amongst other things.

vinnie

PreviousNext

Return to Chelsea FC