Julián VELÁZQUEZ | 2010-2012

Moderators: Korinov, Epsi, Adrien, jurgens, Brezza, frshmn, Albo7

Julián VELÁZQUEZ | 2010-2012

Postby Vickingo » 2012 Jun 02, 01:44

Club: Club Atlético Independiente

INFO

Velázquez debuted with Independiente aged 19 in a 1–0 home win over Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata, for the 13th fixture of the 2009 Apertura. Under Américo Gallego's coaching, he started the game as a left back replacing Lucas Mareque (who was suspended).

In 2010, he was a regular for Independiente in their Copa Sudamericana winning campaign, scoring two goals in the competition (one in the final against Goiás).

YOUTH CAREER:
_arg 2004-2005 / Boca Unidos
_arg 2005-2009 / Independiente

SENIOR CAREER:
_arg 2009- / Independiente 60 appearances - 2 goals

CAPS:
_arg 2011- / Argentina 1 appearance

HONOURS
_arg Independiente - Copa Sudamericana 2010

VIDEOS:

DESCRIPTION / EXPLANATION:
This guy is simply incredible and I haven't doubts that he'll play in a big team in Europe. His sense of positioning and mostly his tackling is just impressive, he remembers me first Milito's step taking into account his insane recoverings of balls, and he's really similar to Otamendi. Also, he has some ability with the ball in his feet to be a "hard" defender...owner of a great mentality being really young, he scored two important goals when Independiente was champion (one at final vs Goias). May be his worst aspect is his teamwork, he hasn't a good understanding with his teammates in defence but now with Milito near him is doing a better job. I didn't compare with other player to make this set but really he deserves that level of defence, he's probably after Milito and Schiavi the best defender in AFA league, and most impressive is his consistency...almost all matches he plays at the same level. Also he has a good experience to have only 21 years and he won an international cup til now. If you have the opportunity, follow this guy cause is a real serious thing and he had offers from Inter and Barsa to take porcentage of his transfer but he wants to stay more in Independiente to learn from Milito's knowledge. His response was getting better along matches, cause at the beginning of his young career was his worst aspect, but he improved a lot and he's owner of a great timing.

Vickingo

by »

Re: Julián VELÁZQUEZ | 2010-2012

Postby panza » 2012 Jun 08, 02:02

very good velazquez...is this an update of current avispa or just an amount of his games since his debute?
BTW who do i ask to put your aguero's set in the classic section jaja

panza

Postby Korinov » 2012 Jun 08, 09:44

If his sense of positioning is "impressive", why does he have 70 TW?

Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Korinov

Postby Vickingo » 2012 Jun 10, 17:11

panza wrote:very good velazquez...is this an update of current avispa or just an amount of his games since his debute?
BTW who do i ask to put your aguero's set in the classic section jaja

Yes, since his best which started at 2010 till nowadays.

Korinov wrote:If his sense of positioning is "impressive", why does he have 70 TW?

May be it's the wrong word to describe it now that I read iit again, good observation. His tackling is impressive, as well as his management of 1 on 1 and aggressive marking. The low TW is due to his usual discoordinations with his teammates -mostly with Galeano and Milito-, but it's more because he's a beast in terms of personal marking and being aggressive there. In collective gameplays, has mistakes and he's more a individual type of defender, all the opposite of Milito.

Vickingo

Return to Contemporary Players