Peter SHILTON | 1977-1981

Moderators: Korinov, Epsi, Adrien, jurgens, Brezza, frshmn, Albo7

Peter SHILTON | 1977-1981

Postby Tom » 2008 Dec 10, 23:17

Club: Nottingham Forest

Growth type: Standard/Lasting

INFO:

Born and brought up in post-war Leicester, Peter Shilton’s sole ambition was always to be the best goalkeeper in the world, and he achieved this, perhaps for many consecutive years. From his early years with his native Leicester City, to the twilight of his career in the 1990 World Cup, Shilton was perceived as a driven and serious soul. It was this drive, dedication and ambition, coupled with a fair amount of natural talent that saw Peter Shilton surpass all appearance records, both national and international.

It was during the late 1970’s into the early 80’s that Peter Shilton began to emerge as one of the worlds best goalkeepers in many people’s eyes. At six feet even Peter Shilton was not a man of immense physical presence, however, his footwork, suppleness and agility made him a near impenetrable barrier at times.

It was at this point in his career that Shilton was locked in a power struggle of sorts; for the right to play in the national side. His adversary was Liverpool’s Ray Clemence, a man who Shilton in normal circumstances regarded as a friend. From 1978 through until 1982 Peter Shilton and Ray Clemence were played on a rotational basis by manager Ron Greenwood. It was not until the eve of the opening round of the 1982 World that Peter Shilton was finally told he was to be the undisputed number one.

For the next eight years Peter Shilton dominated the England goalkeeping position and would not relinquish his grasp until after the 1990 World Cup, which happened to be his fortieth year.View image detail

Peter Shilton’s club career was spent predominantly with Nottingham Forest, Southampton and Derby, but he had very fruitful spells at Stoke City and of course Leicester. It was however with Nottingham Forest, and in particular with Brian Clough, where he achieved his greatest prizes. ‘Old Big Head’ as Clough was often referred to, purchased Shilton as the bedrock of his team, after telling Shilton of his dreams for the club. In the seasons that followed, Shilton inspired Forest to the most succesful period of the club’s history; they won the League twice and the European Cup twice.

HONOURS:

Club
Leicester City
Football League Second Division: 1970-71
FA Charity Shield: 1971
Nottingham Forest
First Division League Championship: 1977–78
FA Charity Shield: 1978
League Cup: 1979
European Cup: 1979, 1980
European Super Cup: 1979

International
1990 FIFA World Cup: 4th place
125 International caps

Individual
PFA Players' Player of the Year: 1978

VIDEOS:

ADDITIONAL LINKS:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324379

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Shilton

http://www.englandcaps.co.uk/PeterShilton.html

Tom

by »

Re: Peter SHILTON | 1979/1980

Postby Robbie_Boy » 2009 Aug 21, 16:31

shilton should have some red numbers, don't you think? where´s our national pride, lads? the guy made one of the best saves of all time.

Robbie_Boy

Re: Peter SHILTON | 1977/1981

Postby Plava Čigra » 2010 Feb 12, 02:13

Brezza already updated him with new Cards and partially with new format.

I've just added Additional Links, 2 more videos, Attack/Defence Awareness Card and Growth type. I've also expanded his Era from 1979-1980 to 1977-1981.

Plava Čigra

Re: Peter SHILTON | 1977-1981

Postby Futebol Arte » 2011 Mar 14, 17:25

Well, I also have the same opinion that Shilton can have DEF in red value, maybe the fact that his average of received goals in the NT only 0.66 per match and that he played on WC 17 games and received only 10 goals, and in qualification matches he played 17 games and received only 6 goals, has no influence on deciding on his values here in PSD, but needs to be taken into account.. He can be one point below Dasayev, Zamora and Zenga in defence..

Futebol Arte

Postby Brezza » 2012 May 30, 22:26

Just a slight new standards update mostly based more so on his later years from watching England matches around this time. Opted to go Def > GKS rather than what Konami gave him

More agile and had better reflexes in his younger years ( where he probably made the most ridiculous save Ive ever seen from Mick Ferguson against Coventry), but he was still one of greatest positional 'keepers ive seen, brilliant at attacking the forward coming through to close the angle like he did; he was the king of his domain despite not having the best physical presence for a goalkeeper ever.

Era: 1986-1990
Name: Peter SHILTON
Shirt Name: SHILTON
Number: 1
Positions: GK*

Nationality: English 

Height: 183 cm
Weight: 82 kg
Injury Tolerance: A
Foot: L
Side: B

Attack: 30
Defence: 98
Balance: 85
Stamina: 68
Top Speed: 66
Acceleration: 68
Response: 90
Agility: 71
Dribble Accuracy: 49
Dribble Speed: 49
Short Pass Accuracy: 58
Short Pass Speed: 61
Long Pass Accuracy: 60
Long Pass Speed: 67
Shot Accuracy: 43
Shot Power: 85
Shot Technique: 44
Free Kick Accuracy: 44
Curling: 45
Header: 43
Jump: 82
Technique: 50
Aggression: 58
Mentality: 85
Keeper Skills: 95
Teamwork: 85

Condition/Fitness: 8
Weak Foot Accuracy: 4
Weak Foot Frequency: 4

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:

S11 - Penalty Saver

SPECIAL ABILITIES:

* Penalty Stopper

MOTION STYLE:

ATTACK / DEFENCE AWARENESS: DEF

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby vinnie » 2012 May 31, 08:16

I really like that thinking. Has it played well? I noticed from alot of videos that his GKS could be really outstanding as well, but i wasn't sure the eras of the saves in particular.

If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
vinnie

Return to 70's