Cristiano Ronaldo | 2003-04 | 2006-07 | 2007-08 | 2010-12

Moderators: Korinov, Epsi, Adrien, jurgens, Brezza, frshmn, Albo7

Cristiano Ronaldo | 2003-04 | 2006-07 | 2007-08 | 2010-12

Postby PES Stats Database » 2009 Jul 07, 01:49

2003-2004


Club: Manchester United



Growth type: Early/Lasting


INFO:
Spoiler: show
Ronaldo the Kid: not the smartest player, always diving and a crybaby but he already did those insane stepovers and you could see that was an unshaped diamond with a complete encyclopedia of trickery. - p1rha


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


2006-2007

Club: Manchester United



VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


2007-2008

Club: Manchester United



Growth type: Early/Lasting

VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


2010-2013

Club: Real Madrid



S13 - Step On Skills
S15 - Knuckle Shot
S17 - Scissor Kick

VIDEOS:
Spoiler: show


Last edited by p1rha on 2009 Dec 10, 22:20, edited 29 times in total.
User avatar
PES Stats Database
 
Posts: 8916
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 96 times

by »



 

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-2008 | 2003-2004 | 2002-2003

Postby Gent Soc » 2012 Feb 10, 17:55

He is one of a good example of player that get injured and not lost his pace (not like Gabby). But, I dont see he even gain much pace after injured since current C. Ronaldo is sit at 96.

based on consistency and consequences.
User avatar
Gent Soc
 
Posts: 130
Joined: 2011 Aug 16, 17:32
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-2008 | 2003-2004 | 2002-2003

Postby Fantasista » 2012 Mar 11, 16:04

BUMP
Fantasista wrote:What's with the update? Just for the record I put all given sugg to 07/08 set here:
-Da 90
-Ds 95
-Agility 95
-Lower tw
-Lps 90
-Header 85(by me) or Header 87/88(by jurgens)


Agree with you, but completely not
User avatar
Fantasista
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2011 Jul 25, 20:22
Location: Leviathans world
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-2008 | 2003-2004 | 2002-2003

Postby bssm » 2012 Mar 11, 19:43

Those updates make him on the same level or a better player then today's Ronaldo, who is such a better and more complete player then he was here its not even funny.

If it wasn't for Messi his United peak year would have been lost under 3 or 4 other World Player of the Year seasons.

Ronaldo at his peak at United was a better free kick taker, had better acceleration and was more agile. He is better at everything including dribbling and passing now.

bssm
 
Posts: 376
Joined: 2009 Mar 14, 18:59
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-2008 | 2003-2004 | 2002-2003

Postby Yazid » 2012 Mar 13, 02:05

bssm wrote:Those updates make him on the same level or a better player then today's Ronaldo, who is such a better and more complete player then he was here its not even funny.

If it wasn't for Messi his United peak year would have been lost under 3 or 4 other World Player of the Year seasons.

Ronaldo at his peak at United was a better free kick taker, had better acceleration and was more agile. He is better at everything including dribbling and passing now.


Not sure I agree about dribbling. I feel that if anything, he was a superior dribbler back then, especially when taking into consideration the superior defences he was dribbling against in the EPL. I feel 93 DA is slightly harsh, would sit him on 94 myself, however, it may be his agility that needs slight increasing (94-95?) and that is what is making me think this.

Yazid
 
Posts: 837
Joined: 2011 Jan 16, 23:34
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-2008 | 2003-2004 | 2002-2003

Postby Yazid » 2012 Apr 02, 11:29

I play with CR7 from this time with DA 94, DS 97, seems very realistic as he was a significantly superior player in terms of dribbling at man u when compared to real. Maybe ST could come down 1?

Yazid
 
Posts: 837
Joined: 2011 Jan 16, 23:34
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-2008 | 2003-2004 | 2002-2003

Postby FernandoA13 » 2012 Apr 11, 23:11

Its not like it bothers me, but CR at Sporting could have AGI in the reds 8-) 95?

Sporting Clube de Portugal meu amor / Working on new sets and updating Liga Sagres
User avatar
FernandoA13
 
Posts: 2638
Joined: 2011 Feb 14, 16:50
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby Korinov » 2012 May 12, 22:37

I'd actually prefer to merge the two early sets... I mean, as far as I'm concerned, he was pretty much the same player in his last Sporting season and his first United year.

Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
User avatar
Korinov
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: 2011 Aug 31, 20:50
Location: Weasel store
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby vinnie » 2012 May 12, 22:49

for 2007-2008, I don't think he was a 93 DA. He is not that much worse in DA then back then, he uses great agility and fantastic acc and speed to beat players... his tricks really did almost nothing, but gave the illusion of good control. When dribbling, he would VERY often lose control going top speed, but because of his speed he would sometimes manage to clumsily retain posession. His dribble accuracy, his close control was not on such a level as 93 suggests. He was greatly overrated and overhyped anyways at Man U, but I don't see him higher then 91 for DA even at his best as a wild selfish dribbler in that time.

If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
User avatar
vinnie
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: 2012 Apr 06, 03:11
Location: ♛      
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 403 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby Albo7 » 2012 May 12, 23:33

vinnie wrote:He is not that much worse in DA then back then


Oh yes he is.

Image TROLL KING Image

Image
Image
User avatar
Albo7
 
Posts: 2045
Joined: 2010 Mar 31, 12:02
Location: The Mango Tree
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 102 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby vinnie » 2012 May 13, 00:40

I don't know, hear me out, I think he is just less agile, and uses less tricks. He is worse, but really i think it's a few facts:
>His evolution into a goalscoring role, not show-off anymore
>His less agile body, much much worse. This i agree, it was one reason he was so tricky, he was phenomenally agile, quick feet and all. Now, well, 85 is justified and that says it all.
>Less tricks, and flashy moves which imply good control, but are really just illusions... I just think that his control was never really 93 DA, that would mean he has the close control level of Cassano, Neymar, and Zarate, which in my opinion he DEFINITELY DOESN"T, as well his huge speed, fantastic AGI, and MASSIVE bag of tricks. Looking at his dribbles, it is his creative fakes which are impressive, not his DA. Purely, if he just used his DA, would he be able to dribble and beat players like the aforementioned Cassano, Neymar, Zarate with so much control? I just don't think so.

Does anyone agree? I used to watch alot of Man U, and was not really taken in by the hype around him, just seeing it as it is. He made alot of mistakes which have been forgotten, he failed ALOT of dribbles which are forgotten.

If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
User avatar
vinnie
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: 2012 Apr 06, 03:11
Location: ♛      
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 403 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby dk1177 » 2012 May 13, 04:58

I think Vinnie hates CR7 too much.

dk1177
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 2010 Dec 19, 11:12
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby vinnie » 2012 May 13, 05:55

Not at all, I used to be a big fan. I was very turned off by his cowardly diving, and soon realised the hype that disguised him. I also disliked his immense selfishness and arrogance, and the blind faith from his fans that shield him from criticidm. Very few pundits will cede superiority to Ronado over Messi, even when Ronaldo was Player of the year, his inadequacies and flaws were not lost on experienced eyes. He is no where near as impressive in a game as in a highlight video where is the godsend of maradona and a ferrari... And he is no where near as impressive against the likes of Getafe then against Barca. Barr one ortwo good games where he scored, he was declawed in all previous clasicos.

Anyways, it seems you don't agree with my arguement, if so, could you give me your reasoning so i can better understand?

If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
User avatar
vinnie
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: 2012 Apr 06, 03:11
Location: ♛      
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 403 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby dk1177 » 2012 May 13, 07:31

This season he was better than messi in El Classico. He used to be rubbish against Barca, but in this season he scored 3 games in a row.
Messi this year was incredible, but he didn't performed well in the most important games, i mean el classico and Semi final games verses chelsea.
He scored lots of goals but in comparison with it, he scored much less goals against big clubs.
i think you can never say he is weak against big clubs anymore.

dk1177
 
Posts: 65
Joined: 2010 Dec 19, 11:12
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby vinnie » 2012 May 13, 08:17

He only outperformed Messi because a) Messi didn't score, and b) Barcelona didn't win.
As a performance... Ronaldo did not contribute so much as his goals, which is what he is assigned to do, but you can't just consider Messi's impact for his goals. He has almost 30 assists this season, the most in europe if im not mistaken.
Against Chelsea, it is the same reasons. An unfortunate penalty miss, and all around fantastic play that simply did not result in the goals that were needed.

For Ronaldo... one game against Alves he was completely, i mean COMPLETELY neutralised by Dani Alves of all people, to the extent that at half time Ronaldo changed sides to escape him. The same was against Pique when he shut him down (even on Ronaldo's speed!).
Barcelona have been struggling heavily this year for defence. I am playing down his achievements because it was not because of his fantastic performances, but rather him taking advantage, and being able to exploit a particularly weak Barca defence that resulted in his goals.

If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
User avatar
vinnie
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: 2012 Apr 06, 03:11
Location: ♛      
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 403 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby Korinov » 2012 May 13, 10:34

vinnie wrote:Against Chelsea, it is the same reasons. An unfortunate penalty miss, and all around fantastic play that simply did not result in the goals that were needed.


Messi was anything but "fantastic" in, so far, the most important matches of Barça this season (two games versus Chelsea in the ULC and the last one versus Madrid in the league). He looked quite dull and little effective for the most part... and even managed to create serious danger (specially against Chelsea) but that only shows what an incredible player he is (even playing badly he's still one of the most dangerous players out there). But to say his performance vs Chelsea was 'fantastic' is to show the same blindness you're accusing others of.

For Ronaldo... one game against Alves he was completely, i mean COMPLETELY neutralised by Dani Alves of all people, to the extent that at half time Ronaldo changed sides to escape him. The same was against Pique when he shut him down (even on Ronaldo's speed!).


Yes, and Messi was once neutralised by Arbeloa (when he was at Liverpool). So?

By the way, the "Piqué outpaced CR" argument has already been discussed a lot on this site, and proven as a fallacy (Piqué started that run with a significative advantage). By repeating it over and over you're not making much of a case.

Barcelona have been struggling heavily this year for defence. I am playing down his achievements because it was not because of his fantastic performances, but rather him taking advantage, and being able to exploit a particularly weak Barca defence that resulted in his goals.


Sigh, I'm sooo tired of hearing and reading this one, now I can see it coming from a mile away. When Messi scores four, it's because he's a fantastic player with inmense abilities, and plays like the angels, etc. When CR scores four, it's because the defenders were shit, CR was lucky and was aided by the referee and a lunar eclipse.

Anyway, this is not the place to discuss rampant Messi fanboyism and CR7 hatred. So far your main point is that we should decrease the DA of the ManU prime set, something I disagree with. As when you suggested downgrading TS on his current set due to his "inefficient running style" (lol).

Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
User avatar
Korinov
 
Posts: 3741
Joined: 2011 Aug 31, 20:50
Location: Weasel store
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby Albo7 » 2012 May 13, 10:59

Seriously, there's no need for infinite babbling. CR was a much better dribbler back then, and his DA wont get lowered, just watching any match of his during the 2007-2008 season would suffice as a prove, simple as that.

And I wont be tolerating any Barca vs Real bs at the classics, find somewhere else to discuss about it.

Image TROLL KING Image

Image
Image
User avatar
Albo7
 
Posts: 2045
Joined: 2010 Mar 31, 12:02
Location: The Mango Tree
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 102 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby vinnie » 2012 May 13, 18:48

i love how you dissect and analyze and consumately reject and ridicule my arguement, and then lecture me on fanboy tendencies and bias. I appreciate very little what you say because what i have stated is an opinion, NOT A LAW. I have not offered you a formula, but my VIEW of things. It is one thing to reject an incorrect math model, but to reject an opinion? You somehow DISMISS MY OPINION, and then rather boorish and arrogantly chide myself. Of course, rather then saying something like, "Well i don't entirely agree, allow me to share my view..." you of course offhandedly chuckle and patronize, probably with genuine annoyance, as in how these fan boys ridicule themselves. You showing and responding as a pompous elitist hardly allowed myself to appreciate the 'wisdom' of your words. I am very frustrated with you Korinov, because you presume, you assume my stances to be final, conclusive, and ultimately in your eyes, ill-based. This is hardly the case, I am glad to be corrected, and to recieve another view, perhaps a more experienced judgement. I never argue stances that I don't feel comfortable with, I hate pretense. I offer my opinion, and the point is not accepted, while the subjective self proclaimed views are rejected. Really, did you read what i said? WHERE DID I SAY PIQUE IS FASTER? With your response it's clear you didn't pay alot of attention. It is even worse when you proceed to deliver an airy bourgeois drivel, based on YOUR OWN fallacious take on my arguement. I wonder, do I truly have right to an opinion, even if i'm 'wrong'?


Anyways I don't want to clog this thread anymore, If you have a problem with me Korinov, F**king tell me, I get negative vibes on all of your responses, and i don't want to be irked by that crap.

If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
User avatar
vinnie
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: 2012 Apr 06, 03:11
Location: ♛      
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 403 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby jurgens » 2012 May 13, 19:00

His control is at least 93. There really doesn't need to be much said about it. Ignore the tricks and focus on the control, hes flawless. He didn't do tricks 24/7 either, he showed a lot of amazing control with no tricks involved.

First youtube video found for 2007 season



The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
User avatar
jurgens
 
Posts: 8126
Joined: 2009 Jul 19, 15:33
Has thanked: 666 times
Been thanked: 421 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby vinnie » 2012 May 13, 19:44

Thanks for the vid, some notes on his dribbles.
4:14, dribbles very quickly, but look at how clumsy the control is?
3:20, look at the ball, the ball justs seems to stray a bit from what he wants
3:30 Again, at a long speed dribble he seems to be a bit out of control, like Suarez who always seems to be stumbling. He eventually runs into
3:48, he's tripping over the ball, it is very close to his foot but not under his control, Makelele steals it easily while he tries a step over to recover

When he shows his best control, it's when he is going very slow, not ttop speed but like prancing, drawing the defender close so that he can beat him with quick feet and speed. When he goes on long runs his DA isn't quite so good i think, he loses control alot and that's what i mean. Close control, as in he is facing a defender with no speed, he can easily fake the defender and beat him with speed. Very often though, the defender covering the space behind him can easily tackle ronaldo now because at speed he loses alot of agility and control on the ball. I saw this often and it's what i referred to from my memories.

I do see the 93 DA you talk about, but when he really dribbles,as in a run, not the draw in beating he does, i see he's not more then a 91. Neymar is like him, Extremely agile and quick, and he likes to stop, draw in the defender, then beat him with tricks and skills. The difference i see dribbling wise is thaat though Neymar does not have as quick feet (so he can't do super fast stepovers like ronaldo) he is much more agile and has MUCH better control, ONCE he's beaten the first defender, he can still go on past 2-3 with the ball under great control, ready to change direction and make a move, rather then just run fast with the ball. The league he plays in is far inferior, but if we ignore the defenders, and just focus on how close his control iis, I don't think Ronaldo can dribble with as much control on a dribbling run. Here, see if you agree, look only at his DA.




Neymar is 93 DA

If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
User avatar
vinnie
 
Posts: 3348
Joined: 2012 Apr 06, 03:11
Location: ♛      
Has thanked: 262 times
Been thanked: 403 times

Re: Cristiano RONALDO | 2007-08 | 2010-12 | 2003-04 | 2002-0

Postby Yazid » 2012 May 13, 22:11

jurgens wrote:His control is at least 93. There really doesn't need to be much said about it. Ignore the tricks and focus on the control, hes flawless. He didn't do tricks 24/7 either, he showed a lot of amazing control with no tricks involved.

First youtube video found for 2007 season



Agree.

Yazid
 
Posts: 837
Joined: 2011 Jan 16, 23:34
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 41 times

PreviousNext

Return to Contemporary Players

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests