Josep Guardiola | 1995-1997

Moderators: Korinov, Epsi, Adrien, jurgens, Brezza, frshmn, Albo7

Josep Guardiola | 1995-1997

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 13, 16:50

Club: FC Barcelona

Growth type: Early/Lasting

Spoiler: show
"Pep" Guardiola was one of the best players ever to emerge from the Barça's youth system. He was an exquisitely talented midfielder with excellent vision, and was the central playmaker in the side, always donning the famous number 4 on his back. His brilliant career coincided with one of the most brilliant periods in recent club history, the so-called Dream Team under the great Johan Cruyff, with many describing Guardiola as the Dutchman's natural prolongation onto the field of play.

Probably the best passer in the history along with Michael Laudrup and about the stats he was the best in passing aspect even more than anyone else...

VIDEOS:

Last edited by Brezza on 2011 Mar 24, 20:14, edited 19 times in total.
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Josep GUARDIOLA l 1995-1997

Postby adieet » 2011 Nov 27, 16:22

I'd say...He's below Stoichkov in terms of Agility ? And As far as i can watch him....His SP around 81 is like max value.? And then....Thought on his SA ?
Can't remember or find much about his shooting, but i thought he's kinda reliable in SA...Thought on green value around 75-77 ?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
adieet

Postby Brezza » 2011 Nov 27, 17:19

Good point about him not really using many quick turns, his general movements were better than those in high greens though imo. His response should be a similar rating to Pirlo/Xabi Alonso and there probably should be a slight gap between him and Laudrup in SPA ( best short passer ever imo) but I believe that he was just as good as passer as Xavi nowadays, But Xavi's linkup/movement was superior. Hard to judge Guardiola teamwork, based on pure movement it should be lower but then he did play a more stricter role like jurgens said and he was still damn influential in dictating the tempo of the team setting the flow of attacking moves. Probably things like Anchor man + aggression will nullify his movement somewhat as well But it probably could be within within orange region?

So overall:

Response: 80-81
Agility: 80
SPA: 95/96
Shot Power: 81-82 ?
Teamwork: 92-95 ?

Is JMVP p1rha btw? I just want to make that clear. :D

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby Xyder » 2011 Nov 28, 13:54

Agree on AGI decrease, about RES, while it's true we decreased some playmakers 'cause he doesn't need a great RES to be succesful on his duties, IMO Guardiola it's closer to Cesc than Xavi, he was always pay enough attention to cut some dangerous balls, so contrary to Xavi, his defensive role gave an important role inside the gameplay.
Agree on SP, 82 sounds fine, like Xavi and I don't see why his TW should be out from godly zone, I can agree with 95, without being so influent the 3 red points gap it's a huge difference also.

Xyder

Postby Basilio » 2011 Nov 28, 21:52

If pirlo was the same back then than he is right now, he aint superior to a 76 in RESP, im posting my set( already done but takes time to convert )of pirlo, in my thread soon. Sorry for interruption

Descansa en paz Chucho
Basilio

Postby Brezza » 2011 Dec 03, 18:13

Updated. Comparing him to Pirlo was a bit wrong though tbh, definitely better reader than him could read cover well for Koeman when he would venture forward , something in the low 80's range looks fine, tweaked LPS as well.

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby mr padania » 2012 Apr 20, 19:56

Attack 85 ?? max 78.

mr padania

Postby jurgens » 2012 Apr 20, 20:01

don't respost shit when it's deleted. read the rules.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby mr padania » 2012 Apr 20, 20:41

Attack 85 is good for a forward not for a midfielder who has scored 13 goals in career...
ps. respect people don't delete their posts, you are nothing to say that a post is a shit.

mr padania

Postby Korinov » 2012 Apr 20, 20:43

Does he really deserve such a high ment? If I'm not mistaken he's the Barça player with most sent-offs in history, and most of them were due to him complaining and arguing non-stop to the referees.

Image Korinov la Komadreja
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Korinov

Re: Josep GUARDIOLA | 1995-1997

Postby vinnie » 2012 Apr 20, 22:34

Yes he does. Is he really the most sent off ever? That would be quite a surprise.

If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
vinnie

Postby jurgens » 2012 Apr 21, 05:36

mr padania wrote:Attack 85 is good for a forward not for a midfielder who has scored 13 goals in career...
ps. respect people don't delete their posts, you are nothing to say that a post is a shit.

Read the damned rules. Your post broke the main site rules. It's absolute shit, period.
Next time you behave in that manner you'll be banned until you learn to read the rules that you are supposed to read before posting.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Epsi » 2012 Apr 21, 11:42

please.. a guy who's called "mr padania" shouldn't even allowed to post. read the site rules.

Epsi

Postby jurgens » 2012 Sep 11, 23:17

jurgens wrote:Also his TW.. hes really not moving around anywhere near as much as xavi is off the ball. Probably because he had a more strict role than xavi. Also his SPA doesn't seem that good, since pirlos been taken our of red, we could probably take peps down a bit too. Still in red though.

Damn, I am awful at remembering to do things. These observations were from nearly a year back when I was watching a lot of barca to make a Ronaldos set, wasn't aiming to fix the team, so I kinda just forgot about suggestions. Anyways, I just got it into my head last week that I need to fix up the 1996 squad, so I watched a few matches to refresh my mind. I'll try get around to as many as I can before I forget.

Okay so... this set is really excellnt work by konami. Theres a few things I'd question though.. Maybe this is too harsh a word, but he looks quite cumbersome on the ball. Although hes not, you feel like he can be a liability in possesion, hes slow, hes weak, his dribbling isn't outstanding, but he keeps the possesion flowing anyways, it's strange to look at. Hes so far away from say.. Pirlo. Whos only 3 cm's shorter, but much quicker in his body movement and so much silkier in his control. Considering his main weakness is his movements in general his current value looks generous, could see a few points drop. This is also pre-injury.. he was even worse after it.

Not solid defensively, and not much aggressive in going for balls, but again... manages to do his job quite well. His style is relaxed and slow paced, very un-energetic, his movement in general is also quite far from the likes of pirlo and xavi. As I said in the quote above, his movement to support his team isn't that good. TBH, Konamis 88 also looks generous when you consider the differnce between him and Pirlo. I'd give them the benefit of the doubht though, and just drop it to their value. With perhaps a response drop as well. Stamina defintly needs to come down too for these reasons, konamis 80 again, is fine.

I looked at Konamis value of 99 as wrong, as surely pirlo is better in this regard. But maybe, he really isn't. The are both so far ahead of most players, but Pirlos tend to find their target less than Peps. I actually starting to think, the 99 LPA is right. I'm not positive on it though.

Lower balance too is needed, hes not strong at all and can't resist much either.

jurgens

Postby Korinov » 2012 Sep 30, 08:54

Agree about his style being really "relaxed"... there were moments in which he wanted to raise the tempo of his game and so did with quick 1-touch long and short passes, but overall the guy was all about receiving the ball, walking with it looking for options, then passing. Pretty slow movements yeah, AGI could be dropped. Also unsure about DA, he mostly used a pretty simple way of controlling the ball.

In regards to Stamina and Teamwork, I'd say 80 for STA is fine, but would go even lower than Konami's for TW. 86 for me max. Agree with lower balance, not much lower though, 76 or so.

BTW, didn't Konami give him "only" 94 in SPA? Overall his short passing was really safe but way less adventurous than De la Peña's, something that gets pretty obvious when you see both of them playing side by side. I suppose I could accept the 99 LPA (as he could be both risky and deadly accurate with long passing when he wanted) but also understand Konami's point regarding SPA. I'd stick to our SPS rating though.

jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
Korinov

Postby midnight » 2012 Oct 28, 10:12

i wouldn't go lower than 95 , his SPA is certainly worth Messi's.

Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
I'm gay
Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
See Shiterable? There's nothing to be ashamed of

midnight

Postby Brezza » 2012 Oct 28, 12:04

Yeah he was pretty unremarkable on and off ball, kept things simple. He did play alot of safe passes as well, but then that was kinda his designated role to sit in front of the defence dictating how moves should start and spray passes around. occasionally though he was capable of producing the most insane eye of the needle deep through passes that would even make Laudrup blush.. so back to the old argument of making a set of what a player constantly shows or what they are capable of doing.

Edit: Tweaked some things already discussed. Any further thoughts on Passing/Response/Defence?

Brezza

Postby jurgens » 2012 Oct 28, 12:24

You decreased his DA? Maybe I wasn't clear, I don't think it should be any lower than the 84. I don't really have any comments on spa, I feel he warrnats somewhere around the current value, just depends on what way you wanna rate them, I see nothing wrong with current value.

jurgens

Postby Brezza » 2012 Oct 28, 12:29

hmm..think I misconstrued the whole cumbersome thing to be realated to DA rather agility on top of thinking Korinov wanting it to be lower as well I think. I'll put it back

Brezza

Postby Korinov » 2012 Oct 28, 12:36

I don't know what to think about his DA, he moved with the ball in a really simple way most of the time, nothing against 84 in any case, it may be deserved.

BTW what do we do about his Ment? 86 is a crazy value, old standards, we already discussed some pages before that he was sent off a lot of times due to arguing with referees, he's the Barça player with most red cards in history due to that, it's really moronic. In any case as far as I've seen he doesn't look like a leader to me, a guy with the ability to drive the team forward, he just dictated the flow of the game but little else. People like Stoichkov (as crazy as he was), Nadal or Luis Enrique should be way way above him in terms of Ment. I don't see Pep much higher than Laudrup tbh.

Korinov

Postby Enzo » 2013 Jul 11, 18:51

Korinov wrote:In any case as far as I've seen he doesn't look like a leader to me, a guy with the ability to drive the team forward, he just dictated the flow of the game but little else

He looks and acts like a leader, he was such person as a player and now is as a coach.

Suggest to read this book to understand Pep better: http://www.hachette.com.au/cover/large/ ... 143758.jpg

Anyway my suggestions is to let it be at 86.

Enzo

PreviousNext

Return to 90's