Carles Puyol

Moderator: Mod's

Carles Puyol

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 10:57

Image


EXPLANATIONS (outdated):
Spoiler: show
This is Carles Puyol, a word-class defender and the loyal captain of Barca. One of the most hardworking defenders ever, he gives 100% in all his performances. Gifted with great strengh and amazing speed he can eliminate even the quickest strikers. He is also a potent threat when he gets up in attack and he can also play as an aggressive side back to support the flanks. I know the stats look like the defaults but KONAMI did ok with him and I also expect a discussion here ;)

CLASSIC SET(S): 2005-2006 & 2009-2010

Spoiler: show


Original set by Bitz with some tweaks.

Last edited by Nrby on 2009 Jun 21, 09:29, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
PES Stats Database
 
Posts: 9852
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 117 times

by »



 

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby Dabo » 2012 Apr 05, 11:07

No way he is 83. Boateng is 186 cm and 85 kg. 8 cm taller and 5 kg heavier. That is a world of difference. And the fact is Boateng is stronger than Puyol, but is not true that Puyol is far,far more weak than Boateng. If we analize the stats we can see the great difference in size that makes the ghanaian, though he is rated 1 point lower, much stronger in game than Puyol. And KPB is bad rated with 84 in BB. With the same size than Ronaldo they are equally rated, being actually the ghanaian stronger than the portuguese. Boateng should be rated with better number than 84 in BB. He clearly should be over 84.
Puyol has still an important physical presence that allows him to fight body to body against very much major players in size, like Ibrahimovic, for example. He still can fight physically with his 178 cm and 80 kg. Puyol is still stronger than Pique, rated with 84 in BB, who is 14 cm taller and 5 kg heavier. A world of difference. So 83 is not the number for Puyol in BB. Checking all his matches this season, and not only a few… I could see Puyol with 84, but that, probably, would make unjust the BB stat of others players.

Last edited by Dabo on 2012 Apr 05, 22:26, edited 2 times in total.
Dabo
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 2010 Oct 19, 00:18
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby Kerry » 2012 Apr 05, 11:30

In real world, height and weight makes a difference. In-game, it does not.

I agree with 83.

mracho wrote: Well, then he/she was an idiom with a T at the end.


Farés L'arrogante Image
Kerry
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: 2011 May 06, 11:07
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby Fixer » 2012 Apr 05, 11:44

Dabo wrote:No way he is 83. Boateng is 186 cm and 85 kg. 8 cm taller and 5 kg heavier. That is a world of difference. And the fact is Boateng is stronger than Puyol, but is not true that Puyol is far more weak than Boateng. If we analize the stats we can see the great difference in size that makes the german, though he is rated 1 point lower, much stronger in game than Puyol. And KPB is bad rated with 84 in BB. With the same size than Ronaldo they are equally rated, being actually the ghanaian stronger than the portuguese. Boateng should be rated with better number than 84 in BB. He clearly should be over 84.
Puyol has still an important physical presence that allows him to fight body to body against very much major players in size, like Ibrahimovic, for example. He still can fight physically with his 178 cm and 80 kg. Puyol is still stronger than Pique, rated with 84 in BB, who is 14 cm taller and 5 kg heavier. A world of difference. So 83 is not the number for Puyol in BB. Checking all his matches this season, and not only a few… I could see Puyol with 84, but that, probably, would make unjust the BB stat of others players.



I don't know about Boateng compared with Puyol, but the truth Is that even though Puyol's body build still looks as when he was 26, he can't stand physical battles as much as before. Just nowhere near, surprisingly, and his current value Isn't reflecting the strenght he currently has by any means.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Image
User avatar
Fixer
 
Posts: 9661
Joined: 2010 May 05, 18:43
Location: Avilés, Spain
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby Dabo » 2012 Apr 05, 11:45

In game height and weight makes a difference in some stats. A player taller and heavier than other player with the same stat of BB, but minor size, is clearly stronger than the second one. And I'm talking about a great difference in cms and kgs. Puyol is not 83 but probably 84.

Fixer wrote:
Dabo wrote:No way he is 83. Boateng is 186 cm and 85 kg. 8 cm taller and 5 kg heavier. That is a world of difference. And the fact is Boateng is stronger than Puyol, but is not true that Puyol is far more weak than Boateng. If we analize the stats we can see the great difference in size that makes the german, though he is rated 1 point lower, much stronger in game than Puyol. And KPB is bad rated with 84 in BB. With the same size than Ronaldo they are equally rated, being actually the ghanaian stronger than the portuguese. Boateng should be rated with better number than 84 in BB. He clearly should be over 84.
Puyol has still an important physical presence that allows him to fight body to body against very much major players in size, like Ibrahimovic, for example. He still can fight physically with his 178 cm and 80 kg. Puyol is still stronger than Pique, rated with 84 in BB, who is 14 cm taller and 5 kg heavier. A world of difference. So 83 is not the number for Puyol in BB. Checking all his matches this season, and not only a few… I could see Puyol with 84, but that, probably, would make unjust the BB stat of others players.



I don't know about Boateng compared with Puyol, but the truth Is that even though Puyol's body build still looks as when he was 26, he can't stand physical battles as much as before. Just nowhere near, surprisingly, and his current value Isn't reflecting the strenght he currently has by any means.


Yeah, you are right Fixer, but take in account his lose of other physical attributes that affect a lot too in physical challenges. I repeat he is clearly not yet 83 in BB. But 84, probably, is the number that he deserves. Piqué is rated with 84, with his 192cm, 85 kg, and he is not stronger than Puyol.

Dabo
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 2010 Oct 19, 00:18
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby Mr. Evans » 2012 Apr 05, 17:17

Puyol's the type to keep going and going but he's not that strong. It's like fighting a guy who keeps getting up after he's been knocked to the ground. I've been saying Puyol's not that strong before the game against Milan so that has little to do with it, just confirmed my initial thoughts.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: 2010 Nov 03, 10:58
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby bitz » 2012 Apr 05, 17:26

Exactly like Mr. Evans said, I think it has to do with his legs injuries, if you pay attention to his legs nowadays, his quads are not as muscular as they were, and it's the main muscle for balance. 84 BAL seems better in the eye, but if the majority agrees with an 83 I'm fine.

Visit my alt thread: http://pesstatsdatabase.com/viewtopic.php?f=1011&t=25348
User avatar
bitz
 
Posts: 1981
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 10:26
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 75 times

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby Dabo » 2012 Apr 05, 20:16

Yes, He is the type of guy who keep going and going. Buy he is still over 83 in BB. He still can use the body to stop players much bigger than him, without taking in account his attitude. He still has the strength to put the body against players so big and strong as Ibrahimovic. He can’t be 1 point under Piqué taking account the great difference in height and weight. Seeing almost all his performances this season I see Puyol with 84 now. Like I said, he is still more than 83 now, and not so strong as 85. I think 84 is the number that he deserves in BB.

Dabo
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 2010 Oct 19, 00:18
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby Mr. Evans » 2012 Apr 05, 20:35

Well we disagree then, I'd personally go for a 83. The size of a player doesn't matter, it's all about their strength/balance. And on the Pique comparison, Pique's not strong.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: 2010 Nov 03, 10:58
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby jurgens » 2012 Apr 05, 20:51

Pique could be lower, 83 is a push for Puyol I'd say.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
User avatar
jurgens
 
Posts: 8344
Joined: 2009 Jul 19, 15:33
Has thanked: 835 times
Been thanked: 543 times

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby Mr. Evans » 2012 Apr 05, 21:00

Whatever the majority goes for ;).

Btw, probably not the right place to post this but hasn't anyone else noticed how when a tall guy isn't strong we give him a value in low yellows and when a short player isn't strong we give them a green value. And when a short player is strong we give them a low yellow value and when a tall player is strong we give them a mid yellow value and up? :lol: it's the weirdest thing and pretty much everyone does it.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: 2010 Nov 03, 10:58
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby jurgens » 2012 Apr 05, 21:04

old habits die hard

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
User avatar
jurgens
 
Posts: 8344
Joined: 2009 Jul 19, 15:33
Has thanked: 835 times
Been thanked: 543 times

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby Fixer » 2012 Apr 05, 21:16

Mr. Evans wrote:Whatever the majority goes for ;).

Btw, probably not the right place to post this but hasn't anyone else noticed how when a tall guy isn't strong we give him a value in low yellows and when a short player isn't strong we give them a green value. And when a short player is strong we give them a low yellow value and when a tall player is strong we give them a mid yellow value and up? :lol: it's the weirdest thing and pretty much everyone does it.


That's bcuz he's 1.92 he's a monster so he's gud BB. Sry for mi englis.

Now seriously, not that I have tested either 83 or 84, but I think I'd probably go for 83 given a mental image I've just had on 'simillar' players I've been thinking of lately. What Puyol displays many times Is more strenght of will than BB, but he still goes down even If he tries really hard to stand too much for an 85, so If we reach an agreement I'll update.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Image
User avatar
Fixer
 
Posts: 9661
Joined: 2010 May 05, 18:43
Location: Avilés, Spain
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 319 times

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby Dabo » 2012 Apr 05, 21:29

When I talk about big players, I would say strong players. Generally big guys (tall and heavy) are strong. Logically, in real life, strength is strength independently of the size. But the size has in game a lot of influence in some stats. In game a player with major size (height and weight) is stronger than other player with the same stat, but shorter and lighter. Piqué is not strong. Is true. In fact, he is not so strong in real life to be 1 point in game over Puyol being 14 cm taller and 5 kg heavier than the aforementioned.
Puyol is 84 to me independently of his power of will. The power of will in physical challenges can’t be replicated in game. The Mentality stat don’t has in game that effect. So I keep saying that Puyol deserves 84 in BB. And the BB of Piqúe and other tall and heavy players should be reviewed. I have Pique with 83 and Puyol with 84 in my DB.

Dabo
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 2010 Oct 19, 00:18
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby fermastr-edit » 2012 Apr 10, 22:31

you are doing some of the stats vey wrong, in my DB puyol has:
DEF: 96, same as Nesta
BB: 88, as we know, size and weight influence a lot on this stat, therefore, if we want a lifelike Puyol he should have at least 85/86
MEN: 98, he never gives up.
CON: 8, he has been returning to his best

fermastr-edit
 
Posts: 43
Joined: 2012 Jan 31, 00:17
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby paddypoohead » 2012 Apr 10, 22:40

fermastr-edit wrote:you are doing some of the stats vey wrong, in my DB puyol has:
DEF: 96, same as Nesta
BB: 88, as we know, size and weight influence a lot on this stat, therefore, if we want a lifelike Puyol he should have at least 85/86
MEN: 98, he never gives up.
CON: 8, he has been returning to his best



So to summarise, he's the greatest defender of all time?

paddypoohead
 
Posts: 167
Joined: 2009 Jan 14, 20:51
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby čale » 2012 Apr 10, 22:48

i'm really sorry, but this is, just plain wrong...

Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

MocaBG wrote:Because you are a nerd and have no life.
User avatar
čale
 
Posts: 4722
Joined: 2010 Jun 13, 12:20
Location: The Mango Tree
Has thanked: 392 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby midnight » 2012 Apr 27, 18:19

paddypoohead wrote:
fermastr-edit wrote:you are doing some of the stats vey wrong, in my DB puyol has:
DEF: 96, same as Nesta
BB: 88, as we know, size and weight influence a lot on this stat, therefore, if we want a lifelike Puyol he should have at least 85/86
MEN: 98, he never gives up.
CON: 8, he has been returning to his best



So to summarise, he's the greatest defender of all time?

Yeah these suggestion makes him overrated.but i personnaly tried the actual set with 95 DEF and 92 .the first was more realistic than the second .
and Puyol is one of the best .so a little raise in DEF would be more suiting IMO ;)

Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
I'm gay
Fixer - Fri Aug 02, 12:19 am
See Shiterable? There's nothing to be ashamed of

Image
User avatar
midnight
 
Posts: 2022
Joined: 2012 Mar 06, 13:48
Has thanked: 286 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby CHarper » 2012 Apr 27, 19:49

I have a little problem with Puyol,
is with respect to the BB, I play with him and not feel the same as in real life.
very weak, very quickly earn him the position.
I think that it is not, is a type more reluctant, more difficult to beat in body to body
is an opinion, I played against him, and with it, and honestly, I can say that 83 could go up 1 or 2 points

"No soy el mejor del mundo, pero creo que no hay nadie mejor que yo"
Jose Mourinho
User avatar
CHarper
 
Posts: 1547
Joined: 2011 Dec 11, 15:11
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby cell_destroyer » 2012 Apr 29, 18:21

Injury Tolerance: C -> B
He's doing way better phisically these last months and has barely got injured. Plays every match.

Balance: 83 -> 86-88
Puyol is still one of the strongest players in the world if we take into account his height and weight. Honestly, i haven't seen him deserve such a ''low'' value for his balance recently. He deserves to be as strong as KP Boateng, who's valued at 86 (not to mention he's larger). Puyol made drogba his b*tch in both Barcelona chelsea matches, both tactically and physically, which to be honest made me feel bad for Drogba, he outmuscled a Drogba valued at 89. I know he's due for a decline but it would probably leave him at 86, and puyol deserves equal or higher then that. Puyol also easily held a BB 84 Khedira when the ball was in the penalty box at El Clasico, Khedira just outsmarted him and scored, Khedira had speed going towards the ball aswell. Puyol also had his shirt held for over 5 seconds by Mesbah in a corner back then when Barcelona played Milan in the first leg, Puyol still didn't stop AND managed to head it quite well. The only player i've recently seen that beat him was Zlatan (92) who completely destroyed Pique, but Puyol could still kind of battle him. Puyol at 88 would be best imo.

Stamina: 87 -> 99
Simply tireless player, everytime a teammate falls, he'll run the whole 100 mts. to prove why the other team deserves a card, which is every minute.

Top Speed: 82 -> 83
He's still fast at long distances, he just struggles in the acceleration part as he's gotten slower in that aspect and agility-wise. But he still runs faster then his hair does.

Acceleration: 81 -> 78-79
He still has a decent top speed and acceleration for a 34 year old defender, but his acceleration has come down quite a bit. He gets eaten in acceleration by speedy players such as C. Ronaldo (showed it last match) and even Zlatan beat him in speed aswell. He should come down at least to 80.

Header: 83 -> 84-85
I have my doubts here since i still don't know wether Header determines the positioning at set plays or Attack does. But even so, he heads it excellent and if he misses, he BARELY does.

User avatar
cell_destroyer
 
Posts: 58
Joined: 2010 Nov 24, 12:09
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Carles PUYOL

Postby Fixer » 2012 Apr 29, 18:58

Stamina 99 seems legit.

kunmariano wrote:
Ajacied_Breda1 wrote:Why don't you just bugger off for a bit, kunmariano. I've got better things to do then read your biased tripe.

ey friend learns to write, DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING YOU !!!!... who believes you got a problem here?

Image
User avatar
Fixer
 
Posts: 9661
Joined: 2010 May 05, 18:43
Location: Avilés, Spain
Has thanked: 174 times
Been thanked: 319 times

PreviousNext

Return to Retired Players

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests