Alternative stats section - Temporarily closed

Alternative stats section - Temporarily closed

Postby jurgens » 2012 Feb 25, 14:03

Just to reassure everyone, the closing of the alternative stats section is just temporary.

The reason for closing the section is because we have a tone of "revolutions" and ideas on how we should be rating players. This is all very well and good, but the main problem is as usual, there is no real unity among the mods, different opinions, different takes on every stat, different "standards", different "ladders". Of course this is only natural with so many revolutions happening so fast. Usually, we'd just keep these "revolutions" within a users thread in the alt section. But now it seems to be the general consensus that.. the sets contained within individual stats threads are in fact better than PSD's for multiple reasons. So PSD has started to update with various users sets, when each user will have a slightly differnt take on these revolutions. Hence.. losing sync with the database again.

Second reason is, people are becoming more interested in doing their own thing in their own thread. This was always a concern with opening the section. And it causes PSD to fall behind.

The goal of closing this section is to force the mods and users to get to the bottom of exactly how each stat is to be rated and to agree upon it. And then creating just some small "ladders" as guidelines for how to rate a player. Agreed upon ladders.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

by »

Re: Alternative stats section - Temporarily closed

Postby čale » 2012 Feb 25, 14:21

this all stands it's ground just like you said, but wouldn't it be a good idea to open a new thread in the "Attributes analyzed and explained" just like there was the piggyback's guide to PES stats and try to reach a general consensus one stat at a time starting from ATT and finishing on TW?

just my take on the current situation...

Fixer wrote:No wonder there's a 'penetration' stat, all of them players look like rapists

MocaBG wrote:Because you are a nerd and have no life.
čale

Postby Basilio » 2012 Feb 27, 02:22

damn it i was about to post my final pirlo and got shocked that there wasnt a 'post reply' nor 'quick reply' button :pokerface:

Im a bit dissapointed about this, though i 100% agree with it, cuz stats were generally better in alternative section, basically because they were tested, while when discussing on a players thread is more so logic than anything which could cause( and happened often ) secondary effects than the prime intended on a player AI, but the vast majority of good sets aren't even discussed in the forum, which ruins it all.

Well then, where are we supposed to determine standards ?

Descansa en paz Chucho
Basilio

Postby ballmer » 2012 Feb 27, 11:37

Yeah, I wonder how this can be resolved? Because it's understandable, but a shame, the alternative stats section is probably the best and most progressive thing to have happened to the site for a long time.

So which stats do we need to come to some consensus over?

Attack, response, agility/dribble speed, shooting stats, mentality, tw perhaps. Any others? Discussion could just take place in this thread. Are any mods interested in starting off some ladders for any of these?

Last edited by ballmer on 2012 Feb 29, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.
ballmer

Postby BigStu » 2012 Feb 27, 14:42

I started a SA ladder for the prem 6 weeks ago but didn't get very far, its available on google docs if anyone wants the link

BigStu

Postby TBD » 2012 Feb 27, 14:48

Yeah if you don't mind :)

OH YEAH !!
TBD

Postby ballmer » 2012 Feb 27, 14:53

Yeah, me too.

ballmer

Postby jurgens » 2012 Feb 27, 14:56

There are discussion threads in the mod section for stats. When they are finished I will move them so normal members can see. A single ladder for a league is nice and all, but what he need is a global ladder, with redefined scales to fit new standards.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby BigStu » 2012 Feb 27, 15:00

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Uw2 ... t?hl=en_US

its hasn't been edit since 17th jan so quite out of date

BigStu

Postby CHarper » 2012 Feb 27, 20:00

BigStu wrote:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Uw25qzqILmX00tsMkQdZU4xVmo1DjTUsyY3gRI8Qkoo/edit?hl=en_US

need update ;)

should have an update, based on the actuality of each player, designate a mod, by skill,
and you agree, the mod's
this situation of confusion affects everyone
much discussed by "who has more" "who deserves less"
come to an agreement and we "the users" will respect,

"No soy el mejor del mundo, pero creo que no hay nadie mejor que yo"
Jose Mourinho
CHarper

Postby tasmin » 2012 Feb 29, 05:36

BigStu wrote:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Uw25qzqILmX00tsMkQdZU4xVmo1DjTUsyY3gRI8Qkoo/edit?hl=en_US

needs an overhaul of your ladder.aguero has better placement than persie,can't see defoe that good either and some other things................

also needs a ST+SP ladder to get a complete view of shooting imo.

vamos arriba la celeste !
tasmin

Postby jurgens » 2012 Feb 29, 14:04

Unfortunately the topics aren't even being discussed in the mod section. I don't like topics being reserved for mods only, but it keeps things less chaotic at least. I'm gonna move the sections to the main page for now. Every stat topic that isn't discussed is free to be created.

jurgens

Postby tasmin » 2012 Feb 29, 14:09

tasmin wrote:

needs an overhaul of your ladder.aguero has better placement than persie,can't see defoe that good either and some other things................

also needs a ST+SP ladder to get a complete view of shooting imo.

just forgot to say that honestly do you think dzeko is only that accurate. his placement is simply incredible . equal or better than aguero.

vamos arriba la celeste !
tasmin

Postby Los Muchachos » 2012 Jun 25, 10:41

When it will be reopened. I thought during Euros it will be unlocked but NO. WHY?

Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world
Los Muchachos

Postby mracho » 2012 Jun 25, 10:50

Just read the first post of this thread, the reasons are still the same. ;)

mracho

Return to News & Information