Luis Antonio Valencia

Moderators: vinnie, BigStu, Jez, Mod's

Luis Antonio Valencia

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:23

Videos:
Spoiler: show

Valencia joined Manchester United in June 2009 for a fee believed to be in the region of £16 million from Wigan and impressed in his first season at Old Trafford with a number of assists and seven goals for the club.

The right winger began his career with CD El Nacional in his native Ecuador and having made his international debut in 2005 in a 5-2 World Cup qualifying win against Paraguay - marking the occasion by scoring two goals - he was snapped up as a 19-year-old by Spanish side Villarreal for £1.2 million. But after failing to break into the Yellow Submarine first team, he was loaned out to Recreativo Huelva as he adjusted to football in Europe. In 2006, his performances at the World Cup caught the eye and Wigan signed him on loan for the following season.

The Ecuador international spent three years with Wigan Athletic, initially on loan for 18 months before sealing a permanent switch in January 2008. An impressive campaign in 2007-08 saw him linked with moves to Liverpool and United as he became one of the most important players for the Latics. Another consistent season followed and having been tracked by United manager Sir Alex Ferguson for some time, the Red Devils beat off reported competition from Real Madrid to sign the winger.

He made his debut for United in the 2009 Community Shield and netted his first goal against Bolton Wanderers in October 2009, keeping a frustrated Nani out of the team or at least consigned to his unfavoured left-wing position for much of the season thanks to a series of lively performances. He will likely be a key figure once more in United's 2010-11 campaign.

Strengths: Pace in abundance and a direct approach have made the Ecuadorian one of the most-feared wingers in the Premier League. His ability to find Wayne Rooney's head from pinpoint crosses was the source of many a goal for United in the 2009-10 season.

Weaknesses: A tendency to over-complicate things and not deliver the early ball can frustrate, while his defending leaves a little to be desired. Needs to add more goals to his game.

Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Feb 10, 08:50, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: updated picture
PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Luis Antonio VALENCIA

Postby Kruger13 » 2012 Jan 07, 01:17

As you can see when you post your reply, i was writing my post, so i didn't notice about it (then, i went 3 previous pages but i didn't find the reason)
Really interesting the fact that when you mixture some stats, sometimes extreme stats (very high or very low) with cards/stars, you can replicate more accurate a style of play. I'm asking myself that if Konami got conscious on this kind of things or maybe the are like a error from game, and its like a miracle for us to discover it. So, that is where i personal think we should move PSD, i like Konami give us the weapon but its in our hands to use it correctly. ;)

Sorry for that paragraph but it was what i think, maybe to much shit or maybe not...
What about DEF? I read in the 3 previous pages talking about his good defensive performance, but no one risk to suggest a value.

...U dared to enter my world... Image
Kruger13

Postby Blaster » 2012 Jan 07, 18:44

Kruger13 wrote:As you can see when you post your reply, i was writing my post, so i didn't notice about it (then, i went 3 previous pages but i didn't find the reason)
Really interesting the fact that when you mixture some stats, sometimes extreme stats (very high or very low) with cards/stars, you can replicate more accurate a style of play. I'm asking myself that if Konami got conscious on this kind of things or maybe the are like a error from game, and its like a miracle for us to discover it. So, that is where i personal think we should move PSD, i like Konami give us the weapon but its in our hands to use it correctly. ;)

Sorry for that paragraph but it was what i think, maybe to much shit or maybe not...
What about DEF? I read in the 3 previous pages talking about his good defensive performance, but no one risk to suggest a value.

I don't really understand why you allways want to low MU player stats with no reason, be serious please.

This is just an advice, the quote says: "Help the intelligent and you will have a friend, help the fool and you will gain an enemie"

Are you intelligent or fool? 8-)

Nice day bro

Grande mi Ecuador del alma.
Blaster

Postby Diego » 2012 Jan 07, 18:51

WTF? :lol:
Anyway, Kruger, I think 60 is already a quite high value for what he does track back, his tackling never looked nothing special to me, and hence he got a nice Res value.

"Despiertenme... Cuando pase el reggaeton."

Así será Maestro Image
Diego

Postby Kruger13 » 2012 Jan 08, 01:37

@Blaster WTF? :lol: :lol:

@Interist Yes, maybe you are right he has a decent RES value and plus his DEF, looks good. But, i was suggesting because sometimes in his NT, he plays a CMF with some defensive duties and he normally did it good, also in his old team in Ecuador (EL Nacional) he played that role. Was more because of that than his performance in United.

Kruger13

Postby Blaster » 2012 Jan 08, 15:39

I am agree with "Kruger", Antonio used to play in the CMF position and does it really good.

In the last game Paraguay 2 Ecuador 1, Luis Antonio played almost the last 25 minutes in that role.

He deserves it.

Image Image from El Comercio.

Blaster

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2012 Jan 09, 05:34

If Valencia can play CM then why would SAF prefer Rafael to play CM over Valencia who played at RB against Blackburn?

Paraguay vs Ecuador is way lower in class than the Premier League, thats why he can play there (no offense intended).

alawadhi3000

Postby bigdaddy » 2012 Jan 09, 09:11

Does he really deserve Incisive Run? Looking at his game I hardly believe that he know something except crossing.

bigdaddy

Postby Kruger13 » 2012 Jan 09, 14:16

bigdaddy wrote:Does he really deserve Incisive Run? Looking at his game I hardly believe that he know something except crossing.

Maybe this post by jurgens answer your question (is one previous page)
It wasn't added to make him cut inside, it was added to make his play more focused on the sidelines. Someone who has insivive run plays much wider, valancias unusally highteamwork for a smf was making him wind up in areas he shouldn't be, that was a problem, so I gave him insive run.. and after testing it a good bit, I felt it was much better. His high teamwork and really high passing stats mean hes unlikly to go for the cut in.. and he'll cross or link up. And thanks to the card, he hugs the sidelines.

Kruger13

Postby bigdaddy » 2012 Jan 09, 14:28

Thanks, haven't seen that.

bigdaddy

Postby Blaster » 2012 Jan 09, 23:04

Off course he deserves it BigDaddy Valencia is the World's Greatest Wing Wizard!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :twisted:

Blaster

Postby Blaster » 2012 Jan 13, 19:25

A point + for Antonio's shoot Acuraccy & power would be very realistic. Tested in my pes 2012.

Here a video to proove the argument I am talking about, when Antonio was a child; he scores two fantastic goals with an incredible shoot power against Paraguay, please watch and you will understand what I am talking about.

Blaster

Postby BigStu » 2012 Jan 13, 19:36

BigStu

Postby Blaster » 2012 Jan 13, 19:47

OK I WANT RESPECT YOU CANNOT WRITE WHAT YOU WANT I AM ONLY GIVING MY OPINION IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT JUST DON'T COMMENT :twisted:

AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY COMMENT IS TO HELP THE MODERATORS AND DISCUSS OF THE STATS ! SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE MANCHESTER UNITED YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT OF INSULTING ME OR TO PUT OFFENSIVE IMAGES. :evil: :twisted:

Blaster

Postby jurgens » 2012 Jan 13, 20:02

Stop trolling blaster if you wanna stay on this board. We know what youre doing.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

LeMisérable wrote:im not mad, why should I be mad just because of you, your nothing, 1 in 7 billion, i mean dude
jurgens

Postby Blaster » 2012 Jan 13, 20:06

Well, I really want to contribute the forum but it seems I can't give my opinion because I am allways "Trolling".. I think we should discuss the stats and don't attack the rest of people for giving an opinion that the rest don't agree.

Blaster

Postby Basilio » 2012 Jan 13, 20:11

i do actually have highers shooting stats for him. He was more consistent last half

Descansa en paz Chucho
Basilio

Postby Blaster » 2012 Jan 13, 20:13

Sorry guys for this message but I sometimes get furious when there is not expression liberty.
Blaster wrote:OK I WANT RESPECT YOU CANNOT WRITE WHAT YOU WANT I AM ONLY GIVING MY OPINION IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT JUST DON'T COMMENT

AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY COMMENT IS TO HELP THE MODERATORS AND DISCUSS OF THE STATS ! SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE MANCHESTER UNITED YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT OF INSULTING ME OR TO PUT OFFENSIVE IMAGES.

Blaster

Postby iman » 2012 Jan 14, 10:58

dear Blaster we play PES12 patch 1.03 but we are disagree by SM card for all players because it makes players unstoppable why unstoppable because we give this card to players that are fast so assume a fast player by so sharp turns, ok know who defender can stand against him? no one so it will be unreal.

mate we want give a player any point we should look other ones too. :)

TIP:
if after saying any idea you saw any MOD was against you (that in 90% it will be happed) dont continue and do it in your OF. ;)

iman

Postby dk1177 » 2012 Jan 15, 05:59

Why his speed is this low? considering Rooney and Nani, he is definetly faster. He is the fastest player in United and one of the fastest in EPL I think. (Still Bale Lennon Walcott is faster)
I suggest TS 91 and ACC 88. He becomes faster and faster over long distances as you see in his games. (vs Bolton was especially great)

P.S Does PES Patch 1.03 makes CPU dribbling more realistic? I wanna know coz the CPU dribbling is overpowerd a lot.

dk1177

Postby Blaster » 2012 Jan 16, 00:47

Maybe you are right Iman.

dk1177 wrote:Why his speed is this low? considering Rooney and Nani, he is definetly faster. He is the fastest player in United and one of the fastest in EPL I think. (Still Bale Lennon Walcott is faster)
I suggest TS 91 and ACC 88. He becomes faster and faster over long distances as you see in his games. (vs Bolton was especially great)

P.S Does PES Patch 1.03 makes CPU dribbling more realistic? I wanna know coz the CPU dribbling is overpowerd a lot.

Totally agree with you.

Blaster

PreviousNext

Return to Manchester United FC