Moderator: Mod's

Michael Owen

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 17:31

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Michael OWEN

Postby 21fadhil » 2011 Dec 30, 08:40

Seems more suitable for me...
I like the 84 Attack, though.He's still showing good movement.

F.E.A.R
Forget Everything And Remember
For Everything A Reason
21fadhil

Postby Jez » 2011 Dec 30, 13:23

So people don't have to go back a page ;)

Attack: 83
Defence: 42
Balance: 77
Stamina: 81
Top Speed: 81
Acceleration: 82
Response: 83
Agility: 83
Dribble Accuracy: 82
Dribble Speed: 81
Short Pass Accuracy: 75
Short Pass Speed: 75
Long Pass Accuracy: 73
Long Pass Speed: 74
Shot Accuracy: 84
Shot Power: 77
Shot Technique: 80
Free Kick Accuracy: 66
Curling: 80
Header: 83
Jump: 83
Technique: 81
Aggression: 84
Mentality: 79
Keeper Skills: 50
Teamwork: 79

Condition/Fitness: 3
Weak Foot Accuracy: 5
Weak Foot Frequency: 4

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
1-1 Scoring
Lines

PLAYER INDEX CARDS:
P13 - Goal Poacher
S03 - 1-on-1 Finish

@Ronaldo9 - I could easily have him on an 84 Attack but I think that's because half of it is him living on his past. We don't want to be too harsh on him because of the outstanding player he has been throughout his career, but an 83 still has him level with Defoe and Andy Johnson. I actually don't think he surpasses them anymore if we're going to be brutaly honest. Having said that, I guess in terms of intelligence he does, it's just in terms of effectiveness I don't see much difference. More opinions are necessary perhaps ;)

EDIT: Damn you, now I want him to have 84 Attack :lol:

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
Jez

Postby BigStu » 2011 Dec 30, 18:49

aside from the attack defence and shooting values I agree, I see nothing wrong with 87 though I accept 86, defence should be below 40, and SA can stay at 86

BigStu

Postby Mr. Evans » 2011 Dec 30, 18:57

Nice set Jez, you've got my agree. And I also agree with ATT 84.

thor34 wrote:JUMP: 80/81/82. Digestible methionine and leap up to splice the header. From what I saw the half-length coat will easily to Angeleri.
Mr. Evans

Postby Jez » 2011 Dec 30, 19:50

His defensive play has improved I feel since joining United. Especially in his most recent performances where he has dropped off into the hole far more often. Would you say he was worse than Hernandez? Obviously Hernandez runs round a lot more, but in terms of defensive awareness I don't think Michael deserves to be below him. How would a solid 40 sound?

Attack was the one I struggled most with rating. He does still have the ability to cause major problems for defences but if we're going to address his all round effectiveness in the final third, I wouldn't say he influences games enough anymore to sit higher than an 84. Note that I've boosted his Teamwork slightly so he becomes slightly more involved in build up play for instance which has certainly been the case in the last season or so. He still times his runs off the last man perfectly well hence the inclusion of Lines.

As for Shot Accuracy, well, we both know what a mess the ladder is for that! In terms of general shooting ability, I think having him on an 84 is perfectly fine. It puts him level with Van Persie, Van Der Vaart and Tevez. These players obviously have much higher Power and Technique which is what makes them different to Owen. Michael on the other hand has the 1-1 Scoring card which replicates his own style of Shooting. It's a Special Ability which really makes a big Difference.

It's taken me a while but I'm happy with the set now. If you actually look at it and forget who it represents, it still makes for a genuinely decent striker. I'm happy to discuss it all though ;)

Jez

Postby Brezza » 2011 Dec 30, 20:12

Put me in the disagree list for attack. He doesn't influences games enough anymore because he hardly plays :lol: How many games has he actually played since your last update Jez? (general question, not having a go) His movement and finding space of the last has still been class when ive seen him, something you never loose with age...I can understand wanting to make him less lethal when your having a one off game with your mates or something but I'd wait till he's had a solid run of games before we can judge properly there just too few a far between at the moment. I can agree with the rest though.

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby Jez » 2011 Dec 30, 20:47

The drop is to do with how the forum is starting to rate Attack more than anything else. It's not a case of the last update being accurate and since then he has declined or anything, because the last update was far from accurate, it was just the set in place literally made him world class to a point that it was just ludicrous keeping it. Due to minimal feedback I just put it in as a stopgap really. Obviously since then I've not been on the forum in months and coming back it's quite clear that the set was still incorrect. It's been pretty tough up until now having to bounce ideas off more or less nobody but myself. I'm sure you've been in the situation where there's not a lot of feedback and so you end up just going back and forth and changing your mind every 5 minutes :P How about an Attack of 85?

Jez

Postby Paddy » 2011 Dec 30, 21:06

I know this sounds weird, but I actually rate him as one of the best ST strikers in the world. Much much higher than the 83 which has been assigned to him, he's got a clean connection on nearly every shot he has, can dip a ball over a keeper with ease and his lobs are fantastic.

Paddy

Postby 21fadhil » 2011 Dec 30, 22:39

Yeah...that ST value is strange considered Robinho who's sit on 82. :?

F.E.A.R
Forget Everything And Remember
For Everything A Reason
21fadhil

Postby Jez » 2012 Jan 02, 00:32

Right, updated everything except for the things we all seem to have varying opinions on.

Attack: 84 (me, Mr.Evans, Ronaldo9), 87? (Brezza), 86? (Stu) Need to come to a conclusion. I did say I'd compromise at 85, but is he as potent as those who are currently rated at that level? I think based on how we're rating attack nowadays, anything over an 84 wouldn't make much sense to me. If anything, teamwork could go higher.

Defence: Only Stu has said he disagrees with it. I'd compromise with a 40 as already stated but don't see much wrong with the 42.

Shooting: Only Stu has raised concerns about his Shot Accuracy whereas Paddy and Ronaldo9 have both expressed concerns over his Shot Technique. As far as I'm concerned, the values I've given him are fair but unless people agree with me then I guess the majority over rules. I can probably see myself being convinced that Shot Tech can remain at an 83 but I'd rather him go to an 82 if I was pushed to sway from the value in my set.

Jez

Postby Brezza » 2012 Jan 02, 17:02

Paddy wrote:I know this sounds weird, but I actually rate him as one of the best ST strikers in the world. Much much higher than the 83 which has been assigned to him, he's got a clean connection on nearly every shot he has, can dip a ball over a keeper with ease and his lobs are fantastic.

Thought I was the only one :shock: exactly the same reason why I gave prime Owen such a high rating in ST.
I'd agree with 86 attack nothing less.

" If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton
Brezza

Postby Jez » 2012 Jan 03, 17:56

Old way of rating Attack yes, 100%, he would probably stay at the current value. But if we're going to go across the board with rating Attack as a matter of potency, not pure positioning, then there's no justifying him being level with Rooney or Van Persie or even one below them.

I'm happy to keep shooting the way it is until we re-work the ladders though ;)

Jez

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2012 Jan 05, 15:05

85 for me, 87 is just too much, you can't have that value and be United's 5th choice striker.

alawadhi3000

Postby Kerry » 2012 Sep 04, 17:42

mracho wrote: Well, then he/she was an idiom with a T at the end.

Farés L'arrogante Image
Kerry

Postby ballmer » 2012 Sep 04, 18:30

Maybe now we'll be able to see him regularly and be able to accurately judge his stats for the first time in years.

ballmer

Postby Jez » 2012 Sep 04, 19:10

About time he accepted that he needs to drop down a level. Kind of hope he does well, but at the same time, I'm past caring :roll:

ballmer wrote:Maybe now we'll be able to see him regularly and be able to accurately judge his stats for the first time in years.
I echo that though.

Jez

Postby BigStu » 2012 Sep 04, 19:12

except we won't because he will get injured

BigStu

Re: Michael Owen

Postby efgen » 2013 Mar 20, 07:52

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... m-football
Cry ;(