Chris Smalling

Moderators: vinnie, BigStu, Jez, Mod's

Chris Smalling

Postby PES Stats Database » 2010 May 16, 12:12

Image


Spoiler: show
The central-defender’s fleeting performances for Fulham and the England Under-21 team were enough to identify the 20-year-old as an indispensable young talent. Smalling’s top attributes are his pace and his intelligent approach, particularly his ability to read the game. On top of this, he is six feet five inches tall and consequently, a dangerous target in the box from set-pieces, as he has already shown on the Red Devils’ pre-season tour. Smalling’s athletic ability should be beneficial both at the heart of the United defence and at the other end of the pitch.


Last edited by vinnie on 2014 Jan 11, 05:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added picture
User avatar
PES Stats Database
 
Posts: 8908
Joined: 2008 Dec 09, 12:06
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 95 times

by »



 

Re: Chris SMALLING

Postby mrayamgoreng_12 » 2011 Oct 27, 07:13

A raise in Stamina?
He can barely last a match as a SB with his stamina....

mrayamgoreng_12
 
Posts: 161
Joined: 2011 Feb 07, 03:01
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Chris SMALLING

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2011 Oct 30, 00:02

Overrated TS.

alawadhi3000
 
Posts: 442
Joined: 2009 Nov 19, 23:19
Location: Bahrain
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Chris SMALLING

Postby CR7 » 2011 Dec 22, 20:28

Another who should only have Side: R.

People gon' be people. They gon' lie, they gon' cheat, they gon' steal, but as long you get yours, you keep it moving.
User avatar
CR7
 
Posts: 622
Joined: 2011 Mar 31, 15:57
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Chris SMALLING

Postby Diego » 2011 Dec 22, 23:49

any thoughts about his Def value? cant believe such difference between him and Jones.

"Despiertenme... Cuando pase el reggaeton."

Así será Maestro Image
User avatar
Diego
 
Posts: 2377
Joined: 2011 Jul 16, 16:54
Location: En la Ciudad de la Furia
Has thanked: 141 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Chris SMALLING

Postby ballmer » 2011 Dec 23, 01:41

His defensive positioning is considerably better than Jones'. Jones' tackling is better, but he has sliding tackle for that. I'm unsure on values, but I'm certain that there's a considerable gap between the two.

User avatar
ballmer
 
Posts: 806
Joined: 2010 Sep 02, 11:11
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Chris SMALLING

Postby Paddy » 2011 Dec 23, 13:48

Personally, I'd have Smalling at his current value and Jones at 76. I think a 6 point gap is fair.

User avatar
Paddy
 
Posts: 8957
Joined: 2008 Dec 08, 20:01
Location: Dublin
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Chris SMALLING

Postby Jez » 2011 Dec 23, 15:04

Just to echo what mrayamgoreng_12 said, he should have a boost in stamina.

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" David Gill August 2004

My blog is back, check it out! www.mybeautifulgame1.wordpress.com
User avatar
Jez
 
Posts: 3867
Joined: 2009 Feb 23, 00:51
Location: Ingerland
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Chris SMALLING

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2012 May 11, 11:54

Another injury. :(

IT: C possibly?

Also from the last match we played, I noticed that he has a slow reaction and bad anticipation, I'm thinking the 81 response value he has is a bit generous.

alawadhi3000
 
Posts: 442
Joined: 2009 Nov 19, 23:19
Location: Bahrain
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Chris Smalling

Postby vinnie » 2013 Jan 30, 21:20

his sps can be pretty nice, but his spa looks really really sloppy, i have doubts he should sit on 75.

If you don't put effort into your post, i won't put effort in my response.
User avatar
vinnie
 
Posts: 3334
Joined: 2012 Apr 06, 03:11
Location: ♛      
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 403 times

Re: Chris Smalling

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2013 Nov 07, 11:51

DA, LPA, TS, ACC need a 2-3 drop each.

alawadhi3000
 
Posts: 442
Joined: 2009 Nov 19, 23:19
Location: Bahrain
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Chris Smalling

Postby petreleo » 2013 Nov 11, 15:22

Well, Smalling is a good player, but from when did he became a "good" technician?
I've watched almost every single game he played for ManUtd and I've seen some really bad tecnical displays from him. Also his speed is overrated as he is nowhere near as quick as Rooney.
So I suggest:
Dribble Accuracy: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Speed: 77
Ball Control: 76
Top Speed: 83

petreleo
 
Posts: 222
Joined: 2013 Nov 03, 10:28
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Chris Smalling

Postby Rossa » 2013 Nov 12, 08:45

petreleo wrote:Well, Smalling is a good player, but from when did he became a "good" technician?
I've watched almost every single game he played for ManUtd and I've seen some really bad tecnical displays from him. Also his speed is overrated as he is nowhere near as quick as Rooney.
So I suggest:
Dribble Accuracy: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Speed: 77
Ball Control: 76
Top Speed: 83


His ball control could be a tad lower, as could his long pass accuracy. His dribble accuracy is surely lower than this also?

His top speed, however, is massively underrated by you. He's much, much faster than Rooney. If you watched him against Real Sociedad you would see him outpace Griezmann and against Arsenal he showed similar pace to Gibbs. On a long run he caught up with a ball that seemed impossible. I recall him keeping up with Agbonlahor and he outpaced Sturridge earlier this season (and straight after Evans lost a very similar run against Sturridge).

Rooney looks lighter and quicker than before, but against Arsenal it became clear that he's on Sagna's level.

Rossa
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 2012 Feb 15, 10:20
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Chris Smalling

Postby petreleo » 2013 Nov 12, 16:08

Rossa wrote:
petreleo wrote:Well, Smalling is a good player, but from when did he became a "good" technician?
I've watched almost every single game he played for ManUtd and I've seen some really bad tecnical displays from him. Also his speed is overrated as he is nowhere near as quick as Rooney.
So I suggest:
Dribble Accuracy: 77
Long Pass Accuracy: 75
Long Pass Speed: 77
Ball Control: 76
Top Speed: 83


His ball control could be a tad lower, as could his long pass accuracy. His dribble accuracy is surely lower than this also?

His top speed, however, is massively underrated by you. He's much, much faster than Rooney. If you watched him against Real Sociedad you would see him outpace Griezmann and against Arsenal he showed similar pace to Gibbs. On a long run he caught up with a ball that seemed impossible. I recall him keeping up with Agbonlahor and he outpaced Sturridge earlier this season (and straight after Evans lost a very similar run against Sturridge).

Rooney looks lighter and quicker than before, but against Arsenal it became clear that he's on Sagna's level.

Well I haven't watched him in track and field races, but he is quick that's for sure.
However, I personally think that he doesn't know how to use his body correctly and this undermines his speed.
When he is running his arms are all over the place and overall his body is not well placed.
Image
Just look at him, he doesn't look like a sprinter, isn't he?

That's why I am suggesting a bit lower speed.

petreleo
 
Posts: 222
Joined: 2013 Nov 03, 10:28
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Chris Smalling

Postby Rossa » 2013 Nov 14, 11:26

He definitely has an awkward running style, but that doesn't seem to affect his pace. Ryan Giggs has a much neater running style, but he is slower than Smalling these days - Ashley Young and Sterling run like school girls, but both are quick.

Smalling is at least an 85 TS, arguably higher - maybe 87. He takes a couple of yards to get going, but arguably better than 74. He's faster than Jones, but Jones carries the ball much better and should subsequently have a higher DS.

Rossa
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 2012 Feb 15, 10:20
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Chris Smalling

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2013 Dec 19, 15:27

I don't see his TS that high at all, he is average to slightly above average, a value of 83 will suits him better.

What is seriously needs decreasing is LPA, he can't cross at all, whoever gave him 77 LPA need to be stoned to death. :o

alawadhi3000
 
Posts: 442
Joined: 2009 Nov 19, 23:19
Location: Bahrain
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Chris Smalling

Postby Korinov » 2014 Jan 24, 12:13

Again my knowledge of him is limited, but I'm surprised he's rated higher than Evans regarding TW. It's looked actually the opposite when I've seen them play together. Smalling does some decent covering work but other than that his defensive positional sense leaves a lot to be desired and he tends to leave the backline exposed pretty often when trying some impulsive interceptions.

Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
User avatar
Korinov
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: 2011 Aug 31, 20:50
Location: Weasel store
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Chris Smalling

Postby BigStu » 2014 Jan 24, 12:20

vinnie posted a set as an update but it was lost during the hack

User avatar
BigStu
 
Posts: 7481
Joined: 2009 May 28, 16:43
Location: England
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Chris Smalling

Postby Korinov » 2014 Jan 24, 12:27

vonie post it again pls

Image Korinov la Komadreja
Spoiler: show
jurgens wrote:korinov clearly jinxed atletico. jealous of their succes he struck with kind words laced with hispanic voodoo.
User avatar
Korinov
 
Posts: 3739
Joined: 2011 Aug 31, 20:50
Location: Weasel store
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Chris Smalling

Postby Rossa » 2014 Jan 24, 13:11

alawadhi3000 wrote:I don't see his TS that high at all, he is average to slightly above average, a value of 83 will suits him better.

What is seriously needs decreasing is LPA, he can't cross at all, whoever gave him 77 LPA need to be stoned to death. :o


Give some examples at his average pace then? He has held his own against Agbonlahor - outpaced Sturridge - made Borini look ridiculously slow, who sits on 83ts btw, and mince meat out of him in a run. Smalling looks awkward at times, but his pace is very, very good!

Also, he was the only player against Sunderland who played well. What about a raise in BB, jump and heading? He's a beast in the air! I also think he needs a raise in defense.

Rossa
 
Posts: 74
Joined: 2012 Feb 15, 10:20
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Chris Smalling

Postby alawadhi3000 » 2014 Jan 27, 23:27

Rossa wrote:
alawadhi3000 wrote:I don't see his TS that high at all, he is average to slightly above average, a value of 83 will suits him better.

What is seriously needs decreasing is LPA, he can't cross at all, whoever gave him 77 LPA need to be stoned to death. :o


Give some examples at his average pace then? He has held his own against Agbonlahor - outpaced Sturridge - made Borini look ridiculously slow, who sits on 83ts btw, and mince meat out of him in a run. Smalling looks awkward at times, but his pace is very, very good!

Also, he was the only player against Sunderland who played well. What about a raise in BB, jump and heading? He's a beast in the air! I also think he needs a raise in defense.


If you are referring to the run near the end of the first half, Agbonlahor wasn't even trying that hard.
As for the examples you requested, I don't remember any incidents, just watch the first game before my post.

alawadhi3000
 
Posts: 442
Joined: 2009 Nov 19, 23:19
Location: Bahrain
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Return to Manchester United FC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest