Moderators: Jez, BigStu, vinnie, Mod's

Didier Drogba

Postby PES Stats Database » 2008 Dec 09, 11:19

PES Stats Database

by »

Re: Didier DROGBA

Postby HitMan » 2008 Dec 28, 21:46

TECH: 86

fulham game today, great on recieving the cross from 40 meters away plus a defender on him...too bad his left foot shot went over the goal :)

The old guard making room for the NEW guard...FORZA GIOVINCO

non football related: www.zeitgeisttrailer.com and WATCH ZEITGEIST ADDENDUM

visit: www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

and most importantly visit: www.thevenusproject.com
HitMan

Postby Paddy » 2008 Dec 28, 21:47

could his condition go down? 6 is far too regular for him

Paddy

Postby Dino » 2009 Jan 17, 16:33

Is he really faster than Ibra? :shock:

Dino

Postby Paddy » 2009 Jan 17, 16:35

he is deceptively fast.

Paddy

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jan 17, 18:22

He's like an Express train once he gets going. Haha. Uses a lot of pace off the ball.

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
Alcohomicide

Postby fishdalf » 2009 Jan 19, 08:49

It's his speed that i would stick level with Ibra in both areas. His balance is absolutely fine the way it is.

fishdalf

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Jan 19, 16:45

Are you sure it's not just his pace ON the ball that needs changing, though? Like DS?? (I could be wrong) He still has to do lots of chasing and off the ball running when he plays, and when he gets going... :shock:

You question whether busses can shift like that.

I just think he's coasting a bit at the moment, like Yakubu at Boro. I dunno if it means he's suddenly slower in terms of sprinting.

"When we were winning leagues and European Cups at Real I always said Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself Figo or Raúl would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard."
Alcohomicide

Postby Markulur » 2009 Feb 16, 16:24

Well, I think that yes, all the changes needs any explanation.

Starting for the obvious, Balance needs to go down so I agree. He is a player that falls to the ground a lot, theater? probably or not, but he falls down so much with a not really strong players.

For me this player lost a bit the accuracy of his movements, more than for his injury, is any mental thing.

The points that I found really good are Attack/Response, SA and TW.

-TW: He can combine good with his teammates, seems that he doesn't try to communicate nothing. So a little points down sure, 75 seems a good number for him actually.
-SA: He can shot in some complicate angles, yes, but not with a real incredible accuracy, only medium. I saw lots of strikers with more effectives than him. Agree with 83.
-Attack/Response: Finally, here is where I doubt more. He seems a bit descoordinated in attack, but I'm not sure if it is for a lost of his positional sense or more for a low capacity to react at the game. One of two things get out him of the WC strikers.

For sure, his low rendiment and the actual stats, are making some bad comparisons and this can put high standarts for all the strikers. In conclusion, so overrate points of other strikers.

Editing La Liga...
Markulur

Postby imi » 2009 Feb 17, 03:59

thx mate for explanations ;)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

imi

Postby PMC » 2009 Feb 26, 00:58

tbf I don't think any player should be put in the mid 90s for balance... it puts a player about 10 points above the average defender and makes him practically invincible

I'm against you
PMC

Postby master smurf » 2009 Apr 14, 21:10

I would say Drogba is easily faster than Ibra - Speed is nowhere in Ibra's game other than thinking.

Looking at the BB though its seems to be one of those things - he is strong but he doesnt really use it against the top guys so should we rate him there - Drogba intimidates defenders with his combination of Strength and Speed but when a CB doesnt back down or starts giving him a work over then Drogba flops and pleads with the refs.

SA needs to come down as well if the others stay high and he keeps the stars because he tends to blow quite a few chances.

Dem no worry We
master smurf

Postby Ajacied_Breda1 » 2009 Apr 15, 13:27

Drogba is one of the strongest, if not the strongest, forwards in the Premier League. He can easily outmuscle most defenders that push away others but he tends to go down easily in a hard situation e.g. facing 3-4 defenders. He showed Skrtel (91 BB) who's boss multiple times and Carragher (87 BB + 90 Def) was also nowhere to be found versus Drogba over both legs. Not to forget the trouble he caused for Nemanja Vidic not so long ago.

I quite honestly believe he'd be able to hold up vs. Huth or Materazzi. He's just that well-built and strong and 92 doesn't really reflect it as much as 94 does. I'm willing to put it on 93, just as much as Huth.

For SA, I agree with reducing it to 83. Given he's a superb finisher but often fluffs the easier chances. He's no Torres or Berbatov, that scores all tap-ins chances he gets. This bring me to the ST reducation which I blatantly disagree on. Drogba nearly always scored from a hard position, he has a gift for it. While he fluffs the easier chances, he usually scores the harder one's that one would deem impossible. This is what makes him a great striker, his ability to finish from every position in the box and do so with deadly efficiency. 88 is a perfect number for him, setting him apart from people like Kanu, Defoe and Rooney.

Buon compleanno, il pibe d'oro.
Ajacied_Breda1

Postby Alcohomicide » 2009 Apr 15, 13:56

Please tell me Huth and Materazzi aren't your benchmark players for strength. :o ...He would absolutely rape Materazzi.

The only reason Drogba's BB should go down is cause he goes down, but even penalising him by a couple of points is hardly going to make him start replicating his tumbles as he's still strong as an ox.

Alcohomicide

Postby Paddy » 2009 Apr 15, 14:01

To replicate Drogba in game all you can do is hold LT, LB, and RB. [I play on the XBOX]

Paddy

Postby HitMan » 2009 Apr 15, 16:18

Paddy wrote:To replicate Drogba in game all you can do is hold LT, LB, and RB. [I play on the XBOX]

TRUE :D

same goes for CR :P

The old guard making room for the NEW guard...FORZA GIOVINCO

non football related: www.zeitgeisttrailer.com and WATCH ZEITGEIST ADDENDUM

visit: www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

and most importantly visit: www.thevenusproject.com
HitMan

Postby bald777 » 2009 Apr 15, 18:07

in all honesty, i think robert huth is more of a monster than drogba. i've only ever seen him tumble once for germany, and that was a foul. he's fine as a benchmark for strength (without labelling him a world class defender).

as for materazzi, it's a bit hit and miss - the main reason strikers can't hold up against him is because he just wacks them. but the reason i picked those two is because they are 2 defenders who i honestly don't think drogba can hold up against who sit at 93.

just to extend my explaination a bit, drogba's infamous diving is evidence itself at times when he's not confident of keeping the ball. when he 'easily' holds off players like carragher, it's often a case of using their momentum against them when they are running at him, rather than a case of shielding the ball using his frame.
also, with my suggestion of 92 he is still stronger than said players. i'm not denying his strength, but i'm just using comaprisons to explain why i think he sits too high on the body balance ladder as he is at the moment...

bald777

Postby fillerup » 2009 Apr 17, 03:55

please dont decrease any stats right now, those suggestions were made during scolari's reign when he was unmotivated which definitely isnt the case now. in fact, i think if he keeps this up he would soon return to his best

fillerup

Postby Stefan09 » 2009 May 06, 21:08

Played well tonight, absolutely bossed Barca's defence, shame he had to kick off so much with the referee though, even if it was deserved...

Stefan09

Postby zuo » 2009 May 07, 15:00

i see only big premier league games and championship matches,and for what i've seen this year i think that defence and mentality should be discussed,cause he helps the defence quite a bit.

Saving Private Adrian

zuo

Next

Return to Chelsea FC